IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> co ulysses waypoint issues, Is it a bug or ?
|2usty
post Feb 4 2004, 11:45 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 173

Ok Cheeseh i'm a bit confused here, i've waypointed this combat map and i'd like you to take a look at it for me please.
The issue that i have is that the wallstick and ladder climb waypoints are giving me a headache...the ladders are still no good when it comes to skulks & gorges, i'm not sure about the rest. This map in particular is in a pit and has only two paths out if the aliens spawn directly beneath the hive: a ladder and a vent (which starts off closed with a grate) i tried waypointing the vent as they didn't manage with the ladder and even after knocking out the grate blocking the vent they still seemed to have trouble. After all this i tried to create a wallstick path out of the hive pit but they wouldn't even mount the wall, is it possible that the ladder and wallstick waypoints are the issue here and nothing else? unsure.gif
One more thing i'm confused about is the vent itself...am i supposed to put in an opens later waypoint behind the grate because they arent biting through it themselves.
Here is the waypoint file:

Attached File(s)
Attached File  co_ulysses.rcw ( 2.5k ) Number of downloads: 46
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 4 2004, 05:48 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I've noticed skulks are really crap at climbing anything :/

Gorges are pretty good though because they cant wall stick, and lerks since they can just fly up the ladder.

for the ladders you need the top ladder / bottom ladder waypoint a small 2 dimensional distance away from the other top/bottom waypoint to allow bots to know which way to look and climb properly...
+Quote Post
|2usty
post Feb 4 2004, 11:03 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Ok i'll have a bit more of a play with the ladder waypoint and see if i can't get it to work. What should i do with the vent though, is there something i can do to get them to bite through the grate or is that a coding issue? unsure.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 5 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #4

Admin

they should always try to break breakables, and they can't really climb walls thats all i can say ohmy.gif at the moment maybe you could use fly waypoints instead of wall stick waypoints meaning only marines with jetpack or lerks will use them and skulks wont.
+Quote Post
|2usty
post Feb 6 2004, 06:41 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

0k...i tried adding the fly waypoints (several times) but to no avail, even after the aliens finally evolved into lerks they still wouldn't follow the fly waypoints nor would the marines follow them with jet packs.
Bots still won't chew/parasite/shoot breakables at the moment either so I think i'll leave it at that until the bots are able to follow waypoints properly. dry.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 6 2004, 07:36 PM
Post #6

Admin

they can follow waypoints properly f.f.s!! there are other things to do with nav like being able to wall climb, tbh I dont know why they wont wall climb Ive had to ask flayra. Those are not waypoint problems.

Another thing is the breakables, flayra probably changed some stuff causing the bots to think breakables arent breakables and Im still waiting his reply.
+Quote Post
|2usty
post Feb 6 2004, 08:08 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

0k well i didn't know that, if you had mentioned that they can't follow fly/ladder/wallstick waypoints to begin with i would have harassed Flayra myself, because when it's all said and done RCbot is the most widely used ns bot at this point in time and considering you have to do it all by yourself i think it's only fair that you get the support needed to make this bot the best.
I support RCbot 110% and respect the fact that you've done all this by yourself, which considering you've had to spread it across several HL mods is damn good!
But at the end of the day we are all going to be waiting for that bug fix which allows for seamless game play.
Aside from all that i acknowledge that you are doing the best with what you have to work with and look forward to some serious support of RCbot from Flayra etc....
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 6 2004, 09:51 PM
Post #8

Admin

I dunno if flayra has already replied because my email might have deleted it because he propbabl;y would have attached stuff, but i asked again but still no reply sad.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:35 AM