3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RCBot 0.85 release
apdonato
post Apr 28 2014, 07:22 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,258

...so there is no stable release of robot2?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SPYderman
post Apr 28 2014, 09:34 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,299

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 28 2014, 02:18 AM) *

try the latest build

http://sourceforge.net/p/rcbot2/code/HEAD/....dll?format=raw

I found a crash bug when the payload explodes and also in navigation

Very stable from what I've seen, Good work. I hope to see new TF2 updates (even though I have the other main source games this runs on [HL2:DM, DOD:S]).
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 28 2014, 10:04 PM
Post #23

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

QUOTE(apdonato @ Apr 28 2014, 12:22 PM) *

...so there is no stable release of robot2?

I wouldn't exactly say that... huh.gif

If you want to run rcbot2 on an old Nosteam Tf2 version, you will need to use the "trial & error" method to find a good combination. Your version looks very old, so you may need an even older rcbot2 version, if there is one that will match up well? You need an rcbot2 version that is dated near, but after the TF2 version you are using. Check the hpb_bot2 dll date against the Half-life2 engine date (or HL2.exe date) to get an idea what may work (edit: A rcbot2 version dated just before your TF2 version may work, if TF2 didn't break it?)... But, there may not be a rcbot2 version that works well with the exact TF2 version you are using? You may still need to change to a different version of Nosteam Tf2, maybe one from 2012 would work better and still meet your requirements?

It looks like there were updates to TF2 around that time that broke rcbot2 or caused stability problems. Check the Old News section of the website for old releases & forum links that might be some help. I see Fillmore even patched rcbot2 around that time, like this one:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1652

[edit] I don't know if the file system would cause the crash or not, but the newest pre-steampiped version of rcbot2 is .71. I think it was very stable on dods, not sure about TF2? I'm not sure about rcbot .8 versions, but I believe all the .7 versions work on non-steampiped (gcf) nosteam dods.

Good Luck... wink.gif

max
+Quote Post
SPYderman
post Apr 30 2014, 01:45 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 28 2014, 02:18 AM) *

try the latest build

http://sourceforge.net/p/rcbot2/code/HEAD/....dll?format=raw

I found a crash bug when the payload explodes and also in navigation

Hey Cheeseh, do you think you could help me out with this? I'm not sure if it's possible to install Rcbot on a non-home server or not.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 30 2014, 03:31 PM
Post #25

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(SPYderman @ Apr 30 2014, 02:45 AM) *

Hey Cheeseh, do you think you could help me out with this? I'm not sure if it's possible to install Rcbot on a non-home server or not.

You'll need to use the HPB_Bot2o.dll but I haven't updated that one to fix the crashes. I'll make another release soon with lots more goodies.

The HPB_Bot2o.dll uses the normal location for rcbot2 folder which is one level above the mod, e.g. you have in one folder

all in same folder (...steam/steamapps/common)
CODE

Team Fortress 2/
Day of Defeat Source/
Half-Life 2 Deathmatch/
rcbot2/

if you can find this folder with all the mods in your ftp its a case of putting that in there. If that still doesn't work I'll need to make another config file just like I did for rcbot1
+Quote Post
apdonato
post Apr 30 2014, 10:30 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Apr 28 2014, 06:04 PM) *

I wouldn't exactly say that... huh.gif

If you want to run rcbot2 on an old Nosteam Tf2 version, you will need to use the "trial & error" method to find a good combination. Your version looks very old, so you may need an even older rcbot2 version, if there is one that will match up well? You need an rcbot2 version that is dated near, but after the TF2 version you are using. Check the hpb_bot2 dll date against the Half-life2 engine date (or HL2.exe date) to get an idea what may work (edit: A rcbot2 version dated just before your TF2 version may work, if TF2 didn't break it?)... But, there may not be a rcbot2 version that works well with the exact TF2 version you are using? You may still need to change to a different version of Nosteam Tf2, maybe one from 2012 would work better and still meet your requirements?

It looks like there were updates to TF2 around that time that broke rcbot2 or caused stability problems. Check the Old News section of the website for old releases & forum links that might be some help. I see Fillmore even patched rcbot2 around that time, like this one:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1652

[edit] I don't know if the file system would cause the crash or not, but the newest pre-steampiped version of rcbot2 is .71. I think it was very stable on dods, not sure about TF2? I'm not sure about rcbot .8 versions, but I believe all the .7 versions work on non-steampiped (gcf) nosteam dods.

Good Luck... wink.gif

max

thanks. unfortunately rcbot2 in TF2 causes a lot of crashes. i use to play the 0.7 releases and they crashed a lot in TF2. i guess i'll poke around with the 0.6 releases although if anything, they might be even more prone to crashing (assuming they even work with my older 2011 release). ehh who am i kidding, i would need sv_cheats on with the old versions which means no stats or achievements. i think i'll skip trying that. ohh well.
+Quote Post
SPYderman
post Apr 30 2014, 11:07 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 30 2014, 03:31 PM) *

You'll need to use the HPB_Bot2o.dll but I haven't updated that one to fix the crashes. I'll make another release soon with lots more goodies.

The HPB_Bot2o.dll uses the normal location for rcbot2 folder which is one level above the mod, e.g. you have in one folder

all in same folder (...steam/steamapps/common)
CODE

Team Fortress 2/
Day of Defeat Source/
Half-Life 2 Deathmatch/
rcbot2/

if you can find this folder with all the mods in your ftp its a case of putting that in there. If that still doesn't work I'll need to make another config file just like I did for rcbot1

As far as I'm concerned, NFO only lets me access the FTP of the game I'm modding. Which means, it starts me out with
CODE
tf
bin
hl2
couple text files and stuff...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 1 2014, 01:28 AM
Post #28

Admin

QUOTE(SPYderman @ May 1 2014, 12:07 AM) *

As far as I'm concerned, NFO only lets me access the FTP of the game I'm modding. Which means, it starts me out with
CODE
tf
bin
hl2
couple text files and stuff...

I'll contact u by Private Message for now
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 1 2014, 06:06 AM
Post #29

RCBot Guru

Hi Cheeseh,

Feel free to add these dods rcw's to your next full release. They are the same as the posted rcw's but are in the new waypoint format and include screen credit. I saw credit to me in the rcbot2 readme txt, so I thought you might want to include these rcws, thanks smile.gif ... You don't need to include my readme or txt files, they are just included for this pack.

I included 2 copies of dod_flasher_rc1, one is in the new format and will show "Waypoints by MadMax2 (conversion from flash)" on screen. I think this would be ok, but it was a modified flash rcw originally made by testeryyy, then modified by genmac and myself, then converted by me, so it has been heavily modified. I wasn't sure how to get all the credits to fit properly, so this seemed short and to the point. If you prefer, you could use the dod_flasher_rc1NC rcw (no credits), it's the same as the posted rcw, in the old version3 format... Either way it's a good waypoint, so I thought it should be included...

I could do the same thing with the rcw's Emotional & myself posted, and make another waypoints pack with proper credits, for you to include. I'll leave the posted version3 waypoints as they are, in case users need them for an older rcbot2 version.

Also, I think I found a bug in the dod_donner rcws that needs fixing, I believe it's in both the included rcw and in genmac's posted rcw. I haven't seen genmac here for a while (MIA), hope he is just taking a break and playing lots of counterstrike:s or something, and will be back. I'll recheck both rcw's and I can patch them and send them to you in the next couple days. I'll fix it in .76, so no screen credits, and it will be more compatible. Will your next release be just dll's, or a full release?

Later,
max

[Edit - 9-5-14 - New Link]
madmax2_dods_wpts_pack1.zip
http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/52471281/file.html
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post May 1 2014, 09:30 AM
Post #30

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(apdonato @ Apr 30 2014, 10:30 PM) *

thanks. unfortunately rcbot2 in TF2 causes a lot of crashes. i use to play the 0.7 releases and they crashed a lot in TF2. i guess i'll poke around with the 0.6 releases although if anything, they might be even more prone to crashing (assuming they even work with my older 2011 release). ehh who am i kidding, i would need sv_cheats on with the old versions which means no stats or achievements. i think i'll skip trying that. ohh well.

If I may ask, why don't you just get the legit version of TF2? It is F2P now, so there's no issue (at least one that was prior to TF2's change of plan)
+Quote Post
apdonato
post May 1 2014, 04:31 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(Fillmore @ May 1 2014, 05:30 AM) *

If I may ask, why don't you just get the legit version of TF2? It is F2P now, so there's no issue (at least one that was prior to TF2's change of plan)

already made a post why some posts above. or on previous page rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
YuriFR
post May 1 2014, 04:45 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,318

[I using google translator, sorry]

I'll be brief.

I take the following statement (from mr. Cheeseh; in bold), to explain why I make this present post, now. [I would not do it anytime soon, if not for these announcement of yet another new Rcbot2-update]:

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 30 2014, 01:31 PM) *

" Changelog 0.85

[1] 'all: fixed player speed':
I suggest adding a "control variable" with the goal of providing the player's control over the speed of bots (on battle). Very fast (or too slow) matches may displease some players and please others. Somehow interfere on this variable would be very welcome, I think ...

[2] 'dod:s - bots run from friendly fire grenades' and 'dod:s - improved escaping from grenades':
I have not noticed in the tests I did with version 0.85 significant differences, more than in previous versions of Rcbot2 to "escape-behaviors [of grenades]". I suggest you read the following post, in its entirety (I do not know if you, mr. Cheeseh, came to see the post before start work to version 0.85, or after completing the version 0.85... or even if you have not read yet ...):

[Direct-link] http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=1878&view=findpost&p=12745

In this post I put links to YouTube videos that show the escape-behavior of grenades, with two kind of examples: real life examples and behavior of real-life reconstituted in virtual games (Dod:Classic and MoW). Also contains link to video on YouTube that illustrates the standard-procedure for launching the grenades (hand-grenades), and a link to attached file (host: 'mediafire'), with material that illustrates the argument (explanation) related to the ideas and assumptions of the "engagement 'off -route' "

[3] 'dod:s - bots say 'cease fire!' if under friendly fire':
Not been possible for me verify if the bots hit by "friendly-fire" only shout "cease fire!", or if in addition to scream, are also able to reorganize themselves on the space not to re-hit a team-member. I also could not testify whether the cry "cease fire!" is only linked to the gunshot that hits a colleague, or if is linked also to the event "tracer bullets passing very close of the friendly- troops" (to remember: this was a suggestion that was added to the event "gunshot hitting a team-member", to trigger the event "scream 'cease fire!' " and to trigger the effects on the whole friendly-troop: "firestop"/"re-organize on the space to avoid hit the team-members")
"

Thanks for attention !
wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 3 2014, 11:10 AM
Post #33

Admin

QUOTE(YuriFR @ May 1 2014, 05:45 PM) *

[3] 'dod:s - bots say 'cease fire!' if under friendly fire':
Not been possible for me verify if the bots hit by "friendly-fire" only shout "cease fire!", or if in addition to scream, are also able to reorganize themselves on the space not to re-hit a team-member. I also could not testify whether the cry "cease fire!" is only linked to the gunshot that hits a colleague, or if is linked also to the event "tracer bullets passing very close of the friendly- troops" (to remember: this was a suggestion that was added to the event "gunshot hitting a team-member", to trigger the event "scream 'cease fire!' " and to trigger the effects on the whole friendly-troop: "firestop"/"re-organize on the space to avoid hit the team-members")
"
Thanks for attention !
wink.gif

This has mainly been a TF2 update to address the big gap with the official bots.

As for DOD:S, I simply "improved" escaping from grenades
dod:s - improved escaping from grenades
, so when the grenade explodes, the bots run back, and they notice grenades better.

However looking away and running in the opposite direction then jumping and proning is not something easily done in DOD:S (as in animation and speed, they can't jump then prone so quickly -- the grenade would have exploded already anyway) and is more suited to another game such as COD. Remember that DOD:S is a multiplayer game and bots are to emulate that, I don't think you'll see real players on servers doing what those people do in real life situation when someone throws a grenade at them in DOD:S, they'd simply run for cover.

QUOTE(madmax2 @ May 1 2014, 07:06 AM) *

Hi Cheeseh,

Feel free to add these dods rcw's to your next full release. They are the same as the posted rcw's but are in the new waypoint format and include screen credit. I saw credit to me in the rcbot2 readme txt, so I thought you might want to include these rcws, thanks smile.gif ... You don't need to include my readme or txt files, they are just included for this pack.

Will your next release be just dll's, or a full release?

Later,
max

madmax2_dods_wpts_pack1.zip (temporary link, 30 days)
http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/79635146/file.html

ok I'll add them t the next package thanks!
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 3 2014, 03:14 PM
Post #34

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,098

Well well well! Very Nice activity here! ;-))

So busy lately and so addicted to cyclocross I'm not even in Europe to do that but I got a legit cx bike to ride around with here in the Phils.

Anyway awesome to see Rcbot 0.85...can't wait to see it hit v1!

As for the wpts I have some few unrelease work meant to do this and that
but I can't remember most of them so here it goes...

- dod_strand_semperfi ...adjusted the jump wpts since bot can now have normal or faster speed.

- dod_anzio ...fully rewpted it and mine is better...haha sorry Cheeseh LoL!

- dod_donner ...I tried to make this 2 sniping spot behind windows to shoot low but no luck and their the only buggy spot I know of also I might forgot to put back the correct normal wpts as I tend to close certain section to test the bots behavior spawning them in DM for a faster combat check so to my good friend Max please do check this veriosn out but it should be much better but then again there's always room for some more improvement so edit away hehe!

- and so many more I can't remember what.

https://www.mediafire.com/?2npb26r4442gdyi
Wpts are dated from jan-dec of 2013 so their my last edits and stuff
on my rcbot folder.

Btw tnx Cheeseh for adding me and the rest of the dods wpters on the credit list as well the super cool author and modified info hehe so cool!

Nice to see Apdonato here! He's also a bot developer for mw2 and bo1.
http://rsebots.blogspot.com/
Helped out a little there since I'm a cod junkie too haha!
+Quote Post
YuriFR
post May 3 2014, 04:25 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 3 2014, 08:10 AM) *

[(...)]
and is more suited to another game such as COD. Remember that DOD:S is a multiplayer game and bots are to emulate that, I don't think you'll see real players on servers doing what those people do in real life situation when someone throws a grenade at them in DOD:S, they'd simply run for cover.

It is with great regret that I read these pages above... sad.gif ...
... because the "grenades-escape-behavior", such as was done by Johan Linde, in Sturmbot system was based on actual war-behaviors: actions recommended to the troops in cases of dangerous situations related to grenades. The way was made by Linde, met demands and pleased many fans of Dod with bots (I am not telling this just based on my personal taste, but based on perception/desires of that time)
Only now (in this post) I realize that the premise for the development of Rcbot2 NOT be based on a "MIX" between "emulate multiplayer game" and "behaviors of realistic combat", but aims ONLY one "side of the coin": "emulate multiplayer game"... This is the reason for the feeling of " great regret " ... sad.gif

I apologize you for my misperception... !

I will further explain the reason of this feeling: I clearly notice that you have talent and ability, more than necessary (! even more than Johand Linde ... !), to perform the mix between "emulate multiplayer game" and adopt "combat behavior based on reality". And to do that it is NOT NECESSARY to abandon the commitment to the goal "emulate multiplayer game": just expand the scope of the policy (your premises) that guides the overall development of Rcbot2 !
This is my personal opinion on the matter (about the policy/premise), but I believe that other community members (users Rcbot2; to cite one: perhaps as mr. Madmax2) agree with the idea of ​​a more equitable development between these two facets: "emulate multiplayer game" and "fighting behaviors based on reality".

Apart from all that has been written above, there is an explanation that may strengthen a little more the argument for the adoption of a set of "realistic combat behavior" to Rcbot2: the game Dod:Source is already based on [(and naturally/originally founded on)] the premise of "multiplayer game" and just lacks some gameplay elements closer to reality - a gap that filled by J.Linde's Sturmbot (meeting demand of Dod:Classic offline-fans). These "elements of gameplay closer to reality" are NOT a very extensive set of missing features, and very difficult (or impossible) to implement, but on the contrary: there are few missing resources, and simple features that make much difference in terms of improvement of gameplay (such as the behavior of throwing and escape grenades, and also the "short 'engagement off Route' ". mentioned in the firsts posts I made).

One thing that bothers on the Dod:S online-matches (between humans players) is precisely THIS GAPS!
I quote some samples: players (humans) who jump and shoot at the same time (impossible thing to do, if carrying a heavy weapon), players who run all the time possible in the limit of "stamina" (in a war this event is unlikely, as well as very dangerous). Human players which exposes themselves to fire a banal and excessive manner, without the least "minimum of fear of dying" (because they know they will not die of truth). Players who exploit the flaws of the software architecture to take tactical advantage (without cheatings!): are players who found the implicit vices on Dod:Source and always walk the same way and do the same and the same things, to kill more (and get more scores...), leaving the game very boring and repetitive, etc etc. . Often the online gameplay is very tedious and very repetitive, and the worst: CLEARLY PREDICTABLE!, due to all these elements mentioned above... (and I even have not cited all them ...).
I think the whole community, perhaps, do not expect the Rcbot2 reproduce these bad features of online-games of Valve-steam system, MUCH MORE ESPECIALLY the Dod:Source: because it is a GAME-BASED ON A REAL WAR, AN EVENT THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. However: TF2, CS, HL2: DM, Ricochet etc.. already are MORE UNREALISTIC BY NATURE ... and should therefore remain closer to an "uncompromising toy" (such as a kind of "toy for children"), but not the Dod:S, because he tends to cater to the taste of a (more) adult audience.
This is my personal view on the comparison of these games - and its relations with the Rcbot2!

Thanks for attention!
smile.gif

+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 3 2014, 05:15 PM
Post #36

RCBot Guru

- dod_donner ...I tried to make this 2 sniping spot behind windows to shoot low but no luck and their the only buggy spot I know of also I might forgot to put back the correct normal wpts as I tend to close certain section to test the bots behavior spawning them in DM for a faster combat check so to my good friend Max please do check this veriosn out but it should be much better but then again there's always room for some more improvement so edit away hehe!

Hey genmac,

It's good to know you are still around and having fun, don't go break a leg though biggrin.gif ... Yes, Cheeseh added lots of improvements to the bots, be sure to try them out, you gota take a break from riding that bike sometime (it's probably heathier tho)... wink.gif

Thanks for the waypoints, i'll definitely check em out. I just did a patch update to "official" donner rcw, but i'll check out your latest & see if it needs anything done?

Later,
max

[edit] Yuri, I'll have to digest (think about) your post before I can reply, today is a travel day for me... And I gota go now... wink.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 4 2014, 03:05 AM
Post #37

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,098

Yeah Max plz do check out that more updated donner coz I'd work on it a lot last time.
Well I'm eating a lot of this fatty exotic food tnx to my sis and her hubby on vacation here so I must ride more again no time to do wpts hehe.
But I'll be checking this out really soon and I might install TF2 to check rcbot there as well.
+Quote Post
Emotional
post May 4 2014, 06:52 PM
Post #38

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 2,260

Hmmm, 0.8 seemed more good, than 0.85.. Bots is so fast for me sad.gif May be I'm slowpoke smile.gif
apdonato
Glad to see you here! Thanks for the advanced Combat Trainng!
Genmac
and glad to see you too. We have more unwaypointed maps, lol! wink.gif
+Quote Post
YuriFR
post May 5 2014, 02:37 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Emotional @ May 4 2014, 03:52 PM) *

Hmmm, 0.8 seemed more good, than 0.85.. Bots is so fast for me sad.gif May be I'm slowpoke smile.gif

I also felt / noticed the same thing ... you're not exaggerating, mr. Emotional!

So much so that I left a suggestion for mr. Cheeseh (see previous posts above), maybe able to "please 'Greeks' and 'Trojans' ":
"I suggest adding a 'control variable' with the goal of providing the player's control over the speed of bots (on battle). Very fast (or too slow) matches may displease some players and please others. Somehow interfere on this variable would be very welcome, I think ..."

X---------------------------------------------
[Update Review/Comment (5/6/2014):]
[
recently I thought on a suggestion to mr. Cheeseh, although I know it will involve efforts: to create 2 styles of "escape-behavior of grenades", switchable by a "control variable", according to the personal taste of each player: (1) to "emulate multiplayer game", the bot only runs away; (2) and for fans of the style "combat behavior based on reality", the bots behave as shown in YouTube videos (examples based on: real life, Dod: Classic with Sturmbot, Men Of War)
This option "choose between 2 styles of behaviors: one for 'emulate multiplayer game' and other for 'combat behavior based on reality', through a 'control variable' ", is a solution that can be applied whenever there impasses in the future development of the Rcbot2, ie: dilemma between "simulate multiplayer game" and "simulate realistic behavior on combat situations". This idea is valid, keeping in mind the development of Rcbot2 in MEDIUM TO LONG TERM !
]
X---------------------------------------------

Now [after the mr. 'Emotional' post], I felt even more secure about my comments, after noting that other community members also share - with some frequency - the same point of view. I think I can take the liberty to risk more, when I express my opinions and suggestions, hereafter.

Thanks!
smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emotional
post May 7 2014, 03:21 PM
Post #40

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 2,260

in 0.85 I like next thing: very often around the control point bots don't shooting in enemies before capture. They very fast runs forward and capture the point, and start shooting only after that. In old versions, there was the opposite. I suggested in last year different skill for the axis and allies
example:
>bot_allies_skill x
>bot_axis_skill y
profits:
-on some maps I can win if bots number <4. Otherway, on every difficult I can not to win (bots running all over the map OR standing in one spot with sniper rifle/machinegun, OR all team defend last control point). If axis_skill = 10 and allies skill = 1, problem will be solved.
Besides, I love "to fight on hold" - do not attack, only defend last capture point from massive enemy forces. In other games I very often do it, but not in DoD:S sad.gif I would be very grateful for this function! dry.gif
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:53 PM