IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For those who want bots to use loadout weapons:, Ain't that cool?
Sjru
post Feb 8 2011, 06:05 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,567

I've found this little SM plugin (link, follow instructions on that page) that lets you to force other players to use a certain weapon. This means that it can also be used with bots, which I tested and works.
It needs Sourcemod, if you don't have it, you can find it here.

NOTICE: VISIBLE WEAPONS IS NOT LONGER POSSIBLE

To use, simply read how to use it on the plugin page.

Of course, there are some bugs related to this:

* Loadout weapons textures will fail to load on bots, the result will be that bots will be holding an invisible weapon. (I suppose that is fixable with scripts) but they will be holding the loadout weapons and it's effects Solution below.
* Some weapons cause crashes, most notably those weapons that would require extra coding for the bots to use them (Jarate, sandman, DirectHit, all demoman melee unlockables,etc)

The following weapons have been tested by me, and don't cause related crashes: Brass Beast, Iron curtain, SidneySleeper, Backscratcher, Lock'nload ,Valve scattergun, backburner, Blutsauger, Frontier Justice, Amputator, Candy cane, Jag, KGB, Golden Wrench, Tribalman's shiv, Equalizer, Powerjack, Southern hospitality.

Remember, of the above, bots WILL NOT normally use those weapons unless forced (e: a command). This means that the heavy that spawn with Natascha or Iron Curtain WILL use it until he loses all ammo and is forced to switch to shotgun, after then, even after he collects more ammo he will still battle with the shotgun until the heavy dies. This behaviour is similar to all other weapons, and should be addressed if attempting normal gameplay.
Other notes:
Medic Blutsauger: Locks medics on healing, since they will not switch to the blutsauger and they don't melee.
Engineers melee's (Golden wrench, jag, southern hospitality): They will spawn with those weapons if you do the command, but somehow they will "lose" it after a while.
Soldier's equalizer: Soldier don't move faster when at low health, despite it, they're normally deathly at full health, since bots have abnormal melee critical chance.

Video of the plugin with the bots

I do really think that somebody that knows scripting should address those issues. (Possible, really).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Feb 9 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(Sjru @ Feb 8 2011, 06:05 PM) *

I've found this little SM plugin (link, follow instructions on that page) that lets you to force other players to use a certain weapon. This means that it can also be used with bots, which I tested and works.
It needs Sourcemod, if you don't have it, you can find it here.

To use, simply read how to use it on the plugin page.

Of course, there are some bugs related to this:

* Loadout weapons textures will fail to load on bots, the result will be that bots will be holding an invisible weapon. (I suppose that is fixable with scripts) but they will be holding the loadout weapons and it's effects.
* Some weapons cause crashes, most notably those weapons that would require extra coding for the bots to use them (Jarate, sandman, DirectHit, etc.)
* So far, I've tested the following weapons without problems: Brass Beast, SidneySleeper, Backscratcher, Lock'nload, valve scattergun, Iron curtain, backburner (is bugged, pyro bots refuse to use them, they use shotgun instead).

And last but not least, I do think that adding extra scripts into rcbot, so bots could use some loadout weapons (without Sourcemod) would be great.

There's a fix from the same chap who made that weapongiver plugin that makes given weapons visible.
Just don't know does it work.
+Quote Post
Sjru
post Feb 10 2011, 03:58 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Feb 9 2011, 01:59 PM) *

There's a fix from the same chap who made that weapongiver plugin that makes given weapons visible.
Just don't know does it work.

Can you give me a link for that? so I can check it out.
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Feb 12 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Sjru @ Feb 10 2011, 03:58 PM) *

Can you give me a link for that? so I can check it out.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=145664
It needs some extra crap to get it to work, but it's not a huge task.
+Quote Post
Sjru
post Feb 14 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Feb 12 2011, 01:26 PM) *

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=145664
It needs some extra crap to get it to work, but it's not a huge task.

Norly? It's much easier than you said, I've just installed this and this, and since then, all weapons given are shown on the game.

Also, but not related to this, I've noticed a bug, perhaps related to how the bots are coded: If you give them a weapon (Say natascha to a heavy), once they switch to another weapon they maynot switch back. Still I don't know how often they repeat this behaviour but sometimes when bot-heavy-with-natascha run out of ammo they run to the combat with the shotgun and stay like that, even after they get ammo.
As being said, I've still to find this rare behaviour on GoldenWrench engineer.
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Feb 15 2011, 03:15 PM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Sjru @ Feb 14 2011, 06:02 PM) *

Norly? It's much easier than you said, I've just installed this and this, and since then, all weapons given are shown on the game.

Also, but not related to this, I've noticed a bug, perhaps related to how the bots are coded: If you give them a weapon (Say natascha to a heavy), once they switch to another weapon they would not switch back. Still I don't know how often they repeat this behaviour but sometimes when bot-heavy-with-natascha run out of ammo they run to the combat with the shotgun and stay like that, even after they get ammo.

Obviously that's a issue that's caused by bots not used to getting different-than-default guns and the coding screws up because of it. We could really use people who can code on this forum, tried it myself but can't figure out anything sad.gif
+Quote Post
Sjru
post Feb 15 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Feb 15 2011, 12:15 PM) *

Obviously that's a issue that's caused by bots not used to getting different-than-default guns and the coding screws up because of it. We could really use people who can code on this forum, tried it myself but can't figure out anything sad.gif

Perhaps we could look into Rcbot's source code. BTW, where I can find it?
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Feb 16 2011, 04:52 PM
Post #8

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Sjru @ Feb 15 2011, 04:59 PM) *

Perhaps we could look into Rcbot's source code. BTW, where I can find it?

RCbot2 source is linked in these very forums. The link is: here.
And read this thread to figure out the compiling.
+Quote Post
Sjru
post Feb 21 2011, 01:22 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Feb 16 2011, 01:52 PM) *

RCbot2 source is linked in these very forums. The link is: here.
And read this thread to figure out the compiling.

Thanks, I'll try it (once I figure out where to download Visual basic)
+Quote Post
justincase
post Jun 8 2011, 02:41 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,490

Is there any way to make the bots wear hats? (Specifically without sourcemod or any of that other difficult shit)
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jun 9 2011, 10:25 AM
Post #11

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(justincase @ Jun 8 2011, 02:41 AM) *

Is there any way to make the bots wear hats? (Specifically without sourcemod or any of that other difficult shit)

Nope, Sourcemod is the only way.
+Quote Post
justincase
post Jun 29 2011, 04:52 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 1,490

How do you force a bot to use a weapon?
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jun 29 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #13

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(justincase @ Jun 29 2011, 04:52 AM) *

How do you force a bot to use a weapon?

You need a sourcemod plugin for it.
+Quote Post
Sjru
post Jul 1 2011, 04:15 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE(justincase @ Jun 7 2011, 11:41 PM) *

There was a plugin, from Damizean, that let you force players to use some hats. It used to work, until he disabled the option to use Valve hat (So just you can use custom ones), however as of now neither of that works since Valve disabled the visibility of custom things. There are workarounds though, but still it's a hassle and it's problematic.
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 11 2015, 06:43 AM
Post #15

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,098

I think this needs a little update and the best sm plugin for bots to have random items is this...
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.ph...light=tf2+cvars
you can even dress up your bots but you need to make some very specific configurations for that
which I might try soon but as of now I'm quite happy just letting the bots have some randoms goodies
and soon Cheeseh will fix some little issues on non firing unique weapons like the RIGHTEOUS BIZON, COW MANGLER 5000, etc.

btw here's the complete plugin set as what I'm using right now, all files gathered accordingly
if you're too lazy to gather them yourself hehe...
https://www.mediafire.com/?8c5ie14p8a14kb2

I also created my custom item list meant for rcbots so they don't have to use those non firing weapons for now...here it is...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  rcbots_random_items.rar ( 2.73k ) Number of downloads: 367
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 11 2015, 08:13 AM
Post #16

RCBot Guru

IPB Image

Slide show...
http://s2.photobucket.com/user/alencore/sl...ot2/hats?sort=3

+Quote Post
Kamaji
post Jun 25 2015, 04:54 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 2,393

QUOTE(genmac @ Feb 11 2015, 02:43 AM) *

I think this needs a little update and the best sm plugin for bots to have random items is this...
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.ph...light=tf2+cvars
you can even dress up your bots but you need to make some very specific configurations for that
which I might try soon but as of now I'm quite happy just letting the bots have some randoms goodies
and soon Cheeseh will fix some little issues on non firing unique weapons like the RIGHTEOUS BIZON, COW MANGLER 5000, etc.

btw here's the complete plugin set as what I'm using right now, all files gathered accordingly
if you're too lazy to gather them yourself hehe...
https://www.mediafire.com/?8c5ie14p8a14kb2

I also created my custom item list meant for rcbots so they don't have to use those non firing weapons for now...here it is...

Crashes as soon as I add a bot.
+Quote Post
genmac
post Jun 27 2015, 02:24 AM
Post #18

RCBot Guru

don't use the pack there I posted it's now outdated...you need to get updated plugins and update SM and metamod as well using the latest snapshots.
+Quote Post
Kamaji
post Jun 28 2015, 05:32 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 2,393

QUOTE(genmac @ Jun 26 2015, 10:24 PM) *

don't use the pack there I posted it's now outdated...you need to get updated plugins and update SM and metamod as well using the latest snapshots.

Yeah, I gotcha. I updated all of the plugins, and now it's working flawlessly. Also, I made a items.schema that only gives bots weapons they can use. I spent hours watching how the bots work with custom weapons, and finally figured it all out.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:07 AM