Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RCBot NS Combat update, gotta pick on cheeseh
LordSkitch
post May 10 2004, 03:54 AM
Post #1

I cuddle with my bots.

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 291

So, where's that update that'll let RCBots get upgrades in combat maps eh Mr. Cheeseh? biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post May 10 2004, 04:53 AM
Post #2

RCBot Waypointer

Member No.: 19

I would think, sitting in the same pile of questions as to where is NS 3.0 final release? But that's just me tongue.gif
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post May 10 2004, 05:34 AM
Post #3

I cuddle with my bots.

hahaha laugh.gif
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post May 26 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #4

I cuddle with my bots.

Alright, now I know you don't wanna code for the combat maps cause you're waiting on NS3 Final, BUT! some things you oughta consider aside from letting the marines get upgrades, is a user-definable order of upgrades bots want... such as...

for the marines...

D1-3 = damage
A1-3 = armor
S1-2 = special armor (jp & heavy)
W1-3 = weapons
I1-2 = intel
C1-2 = commander
E1-3 = equipment

such that we could define the bot ini file for good ol cheesehbot

combatmarine = D1, W1, C2, D2, A1, A2, W2, I2, S1

So that cheesehbot would want..

Damage 1
Shotgun
Resupply
Damage 2
Armor 1
Armor 2
HMG
Motion Tracking
Jetpack

for a grand total of 10 points.

And for the aliens.... anything but going gorge and getting all the upgrades with that... gorge is about worthless, cause they'll sit under the hive and heal, but they won't heal the hive! laugh.gif

Anyhow, just something I thought of while getting my ass kicked on my team of bots against a bunch of humans
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post May 26 2004, 11:07 PM
Post #5

I cuddle with my bots.

...might actually wanna give him heavy armor instead seein as how the poor bots cant fly like us humans. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Gruuunt
post May 27 2004, 05:42 AM
Post #6

Advanced Moron

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 143

And make sure that they find a convinient spot to sit and pot off the aliens to get their points.... unsure.gif

No seriously, those are good points LordSkitch. The game-play and tactics are quite distinctly different to regular (obviously), and there should be the user definable values you describe for the 'rines. The same issue would probably be relevant for the aliens as well with the order of their upgrades definable. This would by essense have to be definable by alien type as well.

Maybe a second dll would be needed to incorporate these changes after detecting game type. Whichbot only needs to concentrate on 1 type and RcBot would be now having to encompass both alien and marine play in both Combat and Regular. With talk of 'escape' type games, and other new variants being introduced in beta 5, maybe a dedicated 'switched by main prog' game type dll will be needed cheeseh?

ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 27 2004, 11:58 AM
Post #7

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Gruuunt @ May 27 2004, 05:42 AM)
And make sure that they find a convinient spot to sit and pot off the aliens to get their points.... unsure.gif

No seriously, those are good points LordSkitch. The game-play and tactics are quite distinctly different to regular (obviously), and there should be the user definable values you describe for the 'rines. The same issue would probably be relevant for the aliens as well with the order of their upgrades definable. This would by essense have to be definable by alien type as well.

Maybe a second dll would be needed to incorporate these changes after detecting game type. Whichbot only needs to concentrate on 1 type and RcBot would be now having to encompass both alien and marine play in both Combat and Regular. With talk of 'escape' type games, and other new variants being introduced in beta 5, maybe a dedicated 'switched by main prog' game type dll will be needed cheeseh?

ph34r.gif

guh? blink.gif what's this about more dlls? tongue.gif
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post May 27 2004, 02:56 PM
Post #8

I cuddle with my bots.

I dunno if it'd require extra DLLs, but it certainly is a lot of extra work to appease jerks like me biggrin.gif

I'd help, but my C++ coding isn't as good as it should be... I can come up with algorithms, but the actual code... would be very assed-out.
+Quote Post
Gruuunt
post May 27 2004, 04:33 PM
Post #9

Advanced Moron

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 143

Soz I think the planet Zog was calling me at the time. Either that or it was the fact it was before 6am...

No I was just thinking that to add that little lot to a single dll might be cumbersome to maintain, and splitting game types into seperate sub-dll's might be an answer for you - there again maybe not

Excuse me I have got to lie down ---->>

blink.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 02:35 AM