> Download
madmax2
post Dec 7 2018, 12:55 AM
Post #41

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

QUOTE(Ryusho @ Dec 6 2018, 03:14 PM) *

Heh, well at the moment I am manually Waypointing SC Tetris 1, ...Apparently I had some waypoints on my system that lead to the spawn area, and it was buggy there, since it had 'tank' waypoints at the buttons to open the spawn gate, but I fixed that and got them to open it.. *well i had to poke one button as they were all clustering on the same button..back and forth* but now I'm working on getting the pathing through it, and it's definitely interesting to do since I don't actually know the map that well myself, so I am learning it as I go.

*Edit* ..and akwardly I am having to look up a walkthrough for it because I got lost XD

Heh Heh, yeah go for it, tetris maps were like the last ones I would attempt wink.gif ... I remember those buttons would not work for the old bots, and was curious if they would now... unsure.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RoboCop
post Dec 15 2018, 07:38 PM
Post #42

RCBot Fan

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,435

A guy was asking me how to install RCBot AS for Sven Co-op and I've noticed the Github readme didn't had a installation guide for him to know how to install RCBot AS. Maybe wise to type that up.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 17 2018, 07:05 PM
Post #43

Admin

Member No.: 1

QUOTE(RoboCop @ Dec 15 2018, 07:38 PM) *

A guy was asking me how to install RCBot AS for Sven Co-op and I've noticed the Github readme didn't had a installation guide for him to know how to install RCBot AS. Maybe wise to type that up.

I had a crappy installation guide before, I've updated it now --- sort of --- let me know if it is easy to follow or not (see README.MD in GitHub)

https://github.com/rcbotCheeseh/RCBotSven5
+Quote Post
RoboCop
post Dec 18 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #44

RCBot Fan

Well its hard for me to see from their point of view as those guys don't understand English and Google Translate isn't 100% reliable.
+Quote Post
Ryusho
post Dec 22 2018, 03:43 AM
Post #45

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,436

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Dec 6 2018, 06:55 PM) *

Heh Heh, yeah go for it, tetris maps were like the last ones I would attempt wink.gif ... I remember those buttons would not work for the old bots, and was curious if they would now... unsure.gif

The buttons work with the new bots, THough sometimes it can be a bit odd to get them to trigger them together, So sometimes you need to give them a hand, but they should get them eventually....I hit a stall where I got completely lost on how to finish a spot and had to take a break from it though as I was getting very annoyed at hearing an enemy I couldn't find, that would -not shut up- XD
+Quote Post
danylopez123
post Sep 14 2019, 02:54 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 2,598

QUOTE(Ryusho @ Dec 22 2018, 05:43 AM) *

The buttons work with the new bots, THough sometimes it can be a bit odd to get them to trigger them together, So sometimes you need to give them a hand, but they should get them eventually....I hit a stall where I got completely lost on how to finish a spot and had to take a break from it though as I was getting very annoyed at hearing an enemy I couldn't find, that would -not shut up- XD

Hello, i saw you were trying to work with the new RCBot waypoints for the Tetris maps, at least for the 1st one.
Im just saying if you made now some progress... after almost 9 months without saying anything here, just saying.
+Quote Post
danylopez123
post Nov 9 2019, 03:18 PM
Post #47

No offence but...
No one is answering so... the Forums might be dead now.
If anyone is still alive, contact me in my Discord bellow.
+Quote Post
RoboCop
post Nov 10 2019, 01:55 AM
Post #48

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(danylopez123 @ Nov 9 2019, 04:18 PM) *

No offence but...
No one is answering so... the Forums might be dead now.
If anyone is still alive, contact me in my Discord bellow.

Join Bots United's Discord

https://discordapp.com/invite/zCSvyyC
+Quote Post
danylopez123
post Nov 13 2019, 07:04 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(RoboCop @ Nov 10 2019, 02:55 AM) *

Join Bots United's Discord

https://discordapp.com/invite/zCSvyyC

Oh... a Discord server... sure i will join but... i don't talk alot in Discord servers, that is why i mentioned to add me in Discord.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jul 16 2020, 07:26 PM
Post #50

RCBot Guru

Cheeseh, I see there have been a number of additions/improvements in the git recently, nice... smile.gif

https://github.com/rcbotCheeseh/RCBotSven5/...16bcbf00af5a378

Find Cover Util and the Enemies List/listening look interesting. I actually missed a lot of the commits over the last year...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 16 2020, 08:50 PM
Post #51

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jul 16 2020, 08:26 PM) *

Cheeseh, I see there have been a number of additions/improvements in the git recently, nice... smile.gif

https://github.com/rcbotCheeseh/RCBotSven5/...16bcbf00af5a378

Find Cover Util and the Enemies List/listening look interesting. I actually missed a lot of the commits over the last year...

Yep finally getting some time to do some coding again . Like to improve the angelscript bot. Trying to find waypoints at the moment for sc_mako, looks like they're incomplete.

The enemy list thing was added to prevent bots from listening to noises when there were loads of enemies in front of them, so they shouldn't turn around any more looking at players/bots shooting from behind them. Also comes inn useful for adding new utilities, such as find cover and some other things' although they will probably hardly every use the 'find cover' utility as they already do that when hurt, but its there anyway in case.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jul 17 2020, 04:52 AM
Post #52

RCBot Guru

Cool, I wanted to try latest build (68e6026d7a6b2051c4e1860f116bcbf00af5a378), bots join, but leave instantly...
They join if I go back to an earlier build... (I'm using addbot)

CODE
Sven Co-op 5.22
Server Engine: 5.0.1.4 (build 8458)
Server Number: 1

L 16/07/2020 - 19:32:22: "MadMax<1><STEAM_ID_LAN><players>" has entered the game
- MadMax has joined the game.
- [m00]m1lk has joined the game.
L 16/07/2020 - 19:32:49: "[m00]m1lk<2><BOT><players>" has entered the game
[m00]m1lk has joined the game.
banid 25.0 BOT
L 16/07/2020 - 19:32:49: Kick: "[m00]m1lk<2><STEAM_ID_LAN><>" was kicked by "MadMax"
L 16/07/2020 - 19:32:49: "[m00]m1lk<2><BOT><players>" disconnected
- [m00]m1lk has left the game.
L 16/07/2020 - 19:33:26: "[m00]h3n<3><BOT><players>" connected
- [m00]h3n has joined the game.
banid 25.0 BOT
L 16/07/2020 - 19:33:26: Kick: "[m00]h3n<3><STEAM_ID_LAN><>" was kicked by "MadMax"
L 16/07/2020 - 19:33:26: "[m00]h3n<3><BOT><players>" disconnected
- [m00]h3n has left the game.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 17 2020, 04:57 AM
Post #53

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jul 17 2020, 05:52 AM) *

Cool, I wanted to try latest build (68e6026d7a6b2051c4e1860f116bcbf00af5a378), bots join, but leave instantly...
They join if I go back to an earlier build... (I'm using addbot)

CODE
Sven Co-op 5.22
Server Engine: 5.0.1.4 (build 8458)
Server Number: 1

L 16/07/2020 - 19:32:22: "MadMax<1><STEAM_ID_LAN><players>" has entered the game
- MadMax has joined the game.
- [m00]m1lk has joined the game.
L 16/07/2020 - 19:32:49: "[m00]m1lk<2><BOT><players>" has entered the game
[m00]m1lk has joined the game.
banid 25.0 BOT
L 16/07/2020 - 19:32:49: Kick: "[m00]m1lk<2><STEAM_ID_LAN><>" was kicked by "MadMax"
L 16/07/2020 - 19:32:49: "[m00]m1lk<2><BOT><players>" disconnected
- [m00]m1lk has left the game.
L 16/07/2020 - 19:33:26: "[m00]h3n<3><BOT><players>" connected
- [m00]h3n has joined the game.
banid 25.0 BOT
L 16/07/2020 - 19:33:26: Kick: "[m00]h3n<3><STEAM_ID_LAN><>" was kicked by "MadMax"
L 16/07/2020 - 19:33:26: "[m00]h3n<3><BOT><players>" disconnected
- [m00]h3n has left the game.

For now use rcbot.quota command to add bots. I will need to fix addbot command
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 17 2020, 09:50 PM
Post #54

Admin

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 17 2020, 05:57 AM) *

For now use rcbot.quota command to add bots. I will need to fix addbot command

should be fixed now. also added removebot command
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jul 18 2020, 03:41 AM
Post #55

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 17 2020, 02:50 PM) *

should be fixed now. also added removebot command

Okay, thanks smile.gif ... Tried the bot quota and that works good too smile.gif ... I just downloaded the new build...
+Quote Post
RoboCop
post Jul 18 2020, 10:03 PM
Post #56

RCBot Fan

Nice work!
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jul 24 2020, 09:28 PM
Post #57

RCBot Guru

Build: de6598ea0a98e8efdc679bed8e110187a60b0bf3

I see that bots are now waiting at the bottom of ladders for other bots/players, excellent work Cheeseh, I like it... smile.gif

It seems at some point over the last year the coding changes has effected the performance of some of the waypoints in my pack/git. I'm not saying this is a bug, or anything needs changing in the code to correct it. I'm just notifying everyone that some difficult to navigate areas may not work as well as they once did. Some rcwa's may need some adjustments?

I was playing last series with rcbot_as latest build de6598e, last was ok, have not checked last3 yet, last4 has some minor issues unrelated to code changes (stuck bot in a bsp hole, & door issues), and most of last2 seemed to be working good except at the cables in the elevator shaft, and the long grapple. I compared the latest build to the march 20, 2019 build and could see bots were not doing as well with latest build.

Last2: At the elevator cables bots are falling much more in both directions, they were near perfect with the older build. I can solve the down direction by raising up the top ladder wpt so it is more straight across from the ledge, it was angled down with the git rcwa. The up direction is difficult, bots rarely can make the jump from the cable to the ledge now. I've got them doing a little better by moving the path from where it was to the nearest ledge wpt, and removing the SN (Stay Near) flag from the top ladder/jump wpt. It might be acceptable this way, but I will try to get it working better.

Last2: At the long grapple, bots are failing much more with the current git wpt, but it's not a grapple wpt problem. The problem is at the launch wpt, which is currently a wait/SN wpt. With the latest build, I can solve the problem by removing the SN flag. Bots would not pull up close enough to the wait/SN wpt, without SN they get closer now. Before, with the old builds I needed a SN flag on the wait wpt so bots would pull up to the wait wpt. SN wpts seem to behave different now?

So, this brings up a question, about the build changes over the last year (since march 2019)...

1. Has the bots run up speed to certain types of wpts been changed (SN, wait, jump, or ladder)?

It looks like i'll need to remove SN flags in some locations on some maps and do a new waypoints pack perhaps? At my last check on the Dec 2019 build, sc_persia peg jumps were still working ok, as well as the jumps in sc_doc and sc_royals2.

I also began to rework crystal rcwa, I don't think it is fully functional (bots fail at HT into vent, and other issues). I played through both maps with old rcbot on sc4.8 so I could remember how everything works on those maps tongue.gif .

[edit] Looks like I'm 2 builds behind, I'll check out the HT improvements, sounds great... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 25 2020, 11:50 AM
Post #58

Admin

Hi madmax. I haven't made any changes to bots run up speed or anything other than the HT and ladder change. So not sure what might be causing the issues. I am actually going to remove the 'auto wait no player' feature at ladders since they can be added manually anyway by the waypointer and may cause issues if it cannot be removed - I noticed this in sc_doc in ladders in the vent - cause more issues - let me know what you think. I've made some changes to some waypoints such as sc_doc at the HT point . I'll upload them perhaps you can work on those versions
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jul 25 2020, 06:33 PM
Post #59

RCBot Guru

Okay, yeah it might be best to remove the auto_wait at ladders. I played last3, and everything was working ok including the HT, but inside those vents there, I think the bots were having some extra difficulty climbing the ladders. They eventually (2 bots) sorted out and made it through both directions, but it took many attempts. I will go back and check the vents again and look at the wpts, once you make the change...

I have fixed the problems in last2, I don't think those problems were caused by the auto_wait? It should be easy to retest that area once the change is done...

I'm still working on some improvements to last4, been having problems at the doors, mainly the front door to the base. They get through the doors, but a bot will sometimes stop and stand at the the door for a while as other bots try to go around. I'm not sure if they are looking up at the sky all the time or not, I need to recheck that.

Anyways, I think i have the spawnroom door working good now (no door button), but the front door with a button is still a small problem... they tend to turn around at that door and go up the ladder, either to get the RPG or go up into the tower. Initially bots go through the door good, there are 3 or 4 important wpts outside, but after a while bots stop at the front door, most turn around & go up the ladder. There has been more ammo/health/armor/weapon wpts inside the base/tower vs outside. So I'm not sure if it is a door issue, or there are just not enough special wpts to keep them going outside consistently? I've added some fake ammo/health/armor wpts outside to see if that helps. I tried A oneway path at the door to keep bots outside, which helps, but I'm not sure I want to do that?

I kinda rambled on there, lol... Can you give me a few tips on waypointing doors, such as positioning the waypoints? I found by moving the wpt just inside the spawn room, close to the door (no button) and crouch tagging it seemed to of fixed bots getting stuck at the door. The front door might just be a buggy door, I moved the door wpts/path closer to the button and the button has an important wpt on it. I think it is better, but an occasional bot will stop at the door & not press the button (they might be looking up at the sky, if so, is that a separate issue?)

Thanks for any suggestions/info... smile.gif

[Edit] Build: 1b3a79fb1b1279324b585dcd54d7f68bc6c61b0d

Last4: Bots are not looking up at sky when stopped at the front door, its from jumping/falling down from level above and they just haven't locked on to a waypoint yet. It's not that bad, I'll upload it soon once I'm done tweaking it. Adding some fake ammo/health/armor outside did help draw the bots out, but I think I may make the front door oneway. Bots still go up into the tower before going outside, frequently.

Last2: It's still working good with the new build and the wpt changes ... should be releasing it soon...

Last3: With the new build and auto_wait removed from the ladder wpt, the bots are doing much better at all the vent ladders, as they are waypointed now (including the last ladder into a vent, they were having problems there too, but it is all better now). Bots really get through this map fast now, opening all the shortcut doors quicker than the older builds, it seems. The big rotating gear is probably the only place they are slowed down, I might try tweaking the wpts there?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 28 2020, 07:52 PM
Post #60

Admin

Hi madmax.

I think for doors its best to put one waypoint on each side, not in the middle if you know what i mean. Make sure there is only one path through the door. The bots use the path to detect the door.

Ladder waypoints work best if there is a slight angle between th top and bottom, actually the smaller the angle the better. so short ladders work best , long ladders are a pain.

ive updated the bot again, only botcam stuff if youve ever used it , i just use it to watch the bots. you mayhave noticed my keyoard is borked so no coding till i get a new one, tongue.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:52 AM