Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Release] Jumpers Waypoint, rcw for sc4.8/4.x/5.0
madmax2
post Jun 8 2016, 10:01 PM
Post #1

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Here is a new RCbot waypoint for the Sven-coop map Jumpers.

* A player needs to play as pointman, bots can't do it because they don't run from a fight, they run to the fight...

* This can be played singleplayer, but it will be hard, because it's hard to get a bot to heal you or follow you. You can form a squad with bots, but they probably won't stay with you for long. So I think this will be better with a minimum of 2 players working as a team.

* Bots can do the jumps/pads good, but not perfect, before the match starts. After the match starts bots will miss some jumps because they get distracted by enemies mid jump. They still can make the jumps, if they can get to the jump pads. Jumper bots won't use the grapple...

* There are currently only 2 objective/EOL wpts, one at each end of the arena, on the point pads. Bots can get up there and fly to those pads. Even though the bots could make the jumps good before the round starts, I removed the objective wpts from the 2 free standing columns, because they missed the jump to much after the round starts, and there is little to be gained going there as jumpers. They still will go there on occasion or miss that jump trying. Bots won't go to the center pad on purpose, but sometimes fall there.

* You may wish to edit your bot profiles with better aim settings. These are my Natural Selection settings, and they seem to help a lot. They are by no means aimbot settings, and can be adjusted higher...

aim_skill=0.5
aim_time=0.5
aim_speed=4

So aim_speed at default of 0.25 is about 2.5 degrees per frame. aim_speed at 4 is about 40 degrees per frame, so it takes slightly more than 4 frames for a bot to turn 180 degrees.

My aim_time is set at 1/2 second and my aim_skill is at 50% (which might be kinda high?).

Not sure why or how this info got removed from the profiles, but here are the defaults from the old rcbot 1.441b (with Cheeseh's comments):

#
# aim_skill = 0.0 to 1.0
# ------------------
# 0.0 is normal old rcbot aiming
# 1.0 is dead on precision
#
# I'd make this slightly more than 0.0 but not much

aim_skill=0.05

#
# time = 0.0 to infinity (make it something useful!)
# --------------------------------------------------
# time in seconds for bot to update its aiming offset
# the less time then the more dead on its aiming will
# be even if the target is accelerating

aim_time=1.0;

#
# the speed is the fraction of 10 degrees per frame
# the old rcbot was 2 degrees per frame
# so the higher you make this then the faster the bot
# will move its aiming
# this value now is just a bit better than the old rcbot
# aiming

aim_speed=0.25

This is likely final, unless there is a request to change something, probably should move on? 1 or 2 of the jump pads might be made better, but they seem good enough, and probably won't gain much trying... I did not wpt the blue pads, as those are only activated by the point man. There really is not many down paths from upper levels, just from the 2 tall columns, the end (objective) pads, and from the center pad (if bots fall there). Bots fall enough to the bottom and are there most of the time, anyways.

Single player as point man, the best I could do was about 4 points. At the beginning of match, get your butt up to one of the center levels. If snipers appear, take'm out as much as possible, they are the most deadly threat, it's best not to begin the round with snipers, so maybe restart. Try to help the bots below by sniping and throwing snarks, wait for the right time to go for the point pad, and in the mean time a bot may get up to that level and heal you. The only other place to take cover is on the 2nd level at the 2 ends of the center platform, but it's not safe there for long. Try to only shoot at enemies that attack you, when on the lower levels, be stealthy if possible...

Have fun,
madmax2

Attached File  jumpers_rcw.zip ( 5.71k ) Number of downloads: 421

P.S. updated sandstone rcw soon...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:45 PM