Reply to this topicStart new topic
> dod_donner
genmac
post Jan 31 2013, 10:09 AM
Post #1

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

Just extract the files and place wpts on your dod wpts folder...
..\Steam\steamapps\username\rcbot2\waypoints\day of defeat source\dod

dod_donner_op.rcw - this is just a ONE PATH style wpts compared to the fully elaborated one. Awesome map and bots spread out and snipe/mg nest really well here but sometimes you just wanna play with less bots but totally predictable good for sniping practice and fast pace head on combat hehe yet bots fully concentrated on capping the flags..
So just make another copy of dod_donner.bsp and rename it to dod_donner_op.bsp to use the wpts for it.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  dod_donner.rar ( 6.04k ) Number of downloads: 440
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 3 2014, 05:04 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

I patched the dod_donner rcw yesterday, that has been included with the installer since Rcbot .74 through .85. I believe genmac made it too, and it is newer than the rcw in the first post. I also included a dod_winter rcw, which is the same as donner. Bots will use the buildings & windows a bit more with this rcw, defend better, increased nade throwing, and good action... smile.gif

The main purpose was to fix 3 places bots could get trapped on wpts, but then I went a bit beyond that & did more stuff. There were no defend wpts and I did not add any. It works fairly well with 12 to 16 bots/players as is. Another reason I didn't add defend wpts is, I found a newer rcw with defend wpts that genmac made, but I think he only included it with a map pack (dod_peleliu_semperfi.7z). It has the same 3 trapped wpt flaws, so I'll check that out soon when I get some time. It may take a few days?

[edit] Hey Genmac, good to see you back smile.gif , I was beginning to talk in past tense about you tongue.gif , I'll check out the your latest donner wpts, thanks... btw, do you remember how many blind windows there were in donner? I think i found 2 so far? The window behind the first axis flag & sandbags, and a 2nd floor window near the tank.

Cheeseh, add this to the next release if you want to? This rcw has no defend wpts, so bots were collecting on a couple mg wpts, but it's fixed now... genmac's other rcw might be better? I'll check that out, too...

See the readme for more details on the changes.

Oh, almost forgot, the rcw's were edited on RCbot2 .76, so should work on all .7 versions and newer...

[Edit 2-16-24] Fixed broken download link (For RCbot2 0.76 (.7))

Attached File  dod_donner_winter_rcws.rar ( 13.15k ) Number of downloads: 9

Note: this is posted mainly for the fixed dod_winter rcw. dod_winter is the exact same map as dod_donner but textured for winter, so any donner rcw can be imported to RCbot2 to make a dod_winter rcw. These are ok rcw's and will work in newer RCbot versions. But there are more complete dod_donner rcw's below and in the installers for RCbot 1.0 and newer...

See posts below for my newest dod_donner rcws...

For RCbot2 0.76 (.7)
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=12879

For RCbot2 0.8 (or 1.0) & newer
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=12918
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 4 2014, 03:16 AM
Post #3

RCBot Guru

Yeah the one on the second floor near tank is the first pesky blind one.
The second one not sure if that's the one I spotted the same as you but it's basically the window on second floor facing the window near the tank on the second floor as mentioned first. So I think I just deleted those to keep the bots more progressive and spread out.

Except those blind spot I think the last work I did on this was more improved just forgot to post it properly here but anyway here are all of them...
https://www.mediafire.com/?2npb26r4442gdyi
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 19 2014, 04:46 AM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

It took longer than a few days, but here are 2 more dod_donner waypoints. The first is a basic patch of genmac's latest rcw, from the pack above ^^^ Just the minimum changes needed.

Then I modified the rcw more and included a modified rcw. Most of it was done with RCbot2 .76, and it works good. But when I plug the rcw into RCbot2 .85, it doesn't work quite the same. It works ok, but not exactly the way I wanted. I like teams to be equal, or the axis to be slightly stronger. So, I'm still working on this.

Some of the additional changes are:

* Added many more unreachable wpts around map, some with connected paths to high windows, and to stimulate nade throwing.

* New team & non-team sniper, mg, or defend wpts. Some crouch wpts too.

* A breakable waypoint on a pane glass window, for a defend/mg wpt there.

* Connected some areas for bots to take cover when under fire, and added new areas. A few path/wpt edits...

* Connected a sniper/mg location near allied first & 2nd flags

* Path changes at tank, and bots are not forced to flag on tank.

* More team/area tag tweaks

Basicly, Game play favors axis on RCbot2 .76, with both rcws. On RCbot2 .85, game play favors allies! With 8vs8, evenly matched teams. See the included readme for details.

dod_donner_rcws.zip
Link expired, updated rcws in posts below ...

Have Fun... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Emotional
post May 22 2014, 12:41 PM
Post #5

RCBot Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,260

madmax2
Thanks! biggrin.gif Also still wait dod_claviers biggrin.gif Thanks for your work!
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 18 2014, 01:30 AM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

Tank-Attack rcw's for dod_donner...

I wanted to change the dod_donner rcw so the battle stays constant for the tank & main path, instead of bots passing through the shortcut so much. The 2 rcw's slightly restrict the bots in two different ways, to accomplish this. There have been a few other minor changes to the defenses, too.

The idea was to have the bots defend the shortcut (tank bypass), from human players, but not make it a bot battle area like the previous rcws. The default rcw has much better defense in the shortcut, than the alternate, and is the best rcw for single or multi play. But if you have players on both teams, the alternate may work ok, allthough the bots will be scarce in the shortcut.

This works good for smaller bot teams, 6vs6 or 7vs7 is very constant, intense battles for the tank & main path. Gameplay scoring favors axis on RCbot2 .85, with 7vs7, evenly matched teams, 2 snipers per team. But with 2 mg's per team, it was more even, with allies capping & holding tank flag better. I think .76 gameplay results were slightly different?

The rcws were edited on .76 and are .7x & .8x compatable...

Have fun...

dod_donner_tankattack_rcws.zip
Link expired, updated rcws in posts below ...
+Quote Post
woody56
post Jun 18 2014, 07:46 PM
Post #7

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,336

Tons of central action. Nice work
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 18 2014, 09:05 PM
Post #8

RCBot Guru

Thanks Woody... I think the default rcw in the pack works good, with enough defenders in the shortcut to make it unpredictable. I'm working on one more update to the rcw, where there is no restriction on the bots using the shortcut. It won't be as intense as the tank-attack rcws, but I think i have them attacking the tank area more frequent than before smile.gif , but they still use the shortcut a lot.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 25 2014, 05:54 PM
Post #9

RCBot Guru

I'm a little late posting this, since RCbot 0.90 just came out smile.gif , but here are more donner rcw's. Meant to post this last nite... blink.gif

A couple more dod_donner modified rcws to try... The latest donner tankattack rcw has some fixes and a few new surprises. Works good 7vs7 evenly matched teams with rcbot .85 or rcbot .76 (with speedup plugin).

The modified (fully enabled shortcut) rcw also has a few fixes and some improved tank action. Bots still use the shortcut a lot, so this rcw needs more bots to work well. I'd suggest at least 15 bots + player, and 2 mg's per team. Some defensive changes have been made, and are different from the tankattack rcw that is included, for some variety. This rcw is more balanced than last release, which favored axis bots. I think it is easier from allied side, now.

I'm happy with the way the tankattack rcw turned out, and I think it's actually tougher to win on with 13 bots than the shortcut (modified) rcw is with 15 bots. The shortcut rcw still seems to work better in rcbot .76 (with speedup), so I may do one more update for .85 .90 only, if I can get them attacking the tank area more and using the shortcut less? I have a couple ideas to try, but they may not work?

Perhaps With the newly released RCbot 0.90 bots will attack tank more and use shortcut less? Will test & report back later...

Anyways, have fun...

[Edit 2-16-24] Fixed broken download link (for rcbot2 .76 (.7))

Attached File  dod_donner_rcws2.zip ( 17.1k ) Number of downloads: 9

(See posts below for the latest donner rcw's for rcbot2 0.8 (or 1.0) and newer)
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jun 26 2014, 12:14 AM
Post #10

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jun 25 2014, 06:54 PM) *

I'm a little late posting this, since RCbot 0.90 just came out smile.gif , but here are more donner rcw's. Meant to post this last nite... blink.gif
Perhaps With the newly released RCbot 0.90 bots will attack tank more and use shortcut less? Will test & report back later...

Anyways, have fun...

dod_donner_rcws2.zip
http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/1778226/file.html

I couldn't download your previous dod_donner for the 0.9 release so I just left the old one in, the old one has many problems i.e. the areas do not match the flag area. But your new ones are better I'll add them to the next release (hopefully a DOD:S centered release next time).

BTw I noticed a bot admiring a piece of furniture for a long time so I think I saw your bug, I'll need to debug it
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 26 2014, 04:11 AM
Post #11

RCBot Guru

Cool... I may tweak these a bit more. But I still need to check them out on 0.9. I've been trying to get them not to use the shortcut so much when it's fully pathed. I had them doing a looping in the shortcut to make the path longer as a test ,and it seemed to help, but it's kinda goofy looking laugh.gif . Maybe a zig zag pattern would work, or maybe it will work just fine in 0.9 as it is rolleyes.gif ?

(they are version3 and have no credits yet too)

So I'll get them in to .9 version 4 format for you, but it will be a few days, i'll be traveling out of town tomarrow...

[Edit]
I couldn't download your previous dod_donner

Yeah, I need something longer than that 30 day file hosting, been to lazy to sign up...

@Emotional - I sent a reply to your PM sad.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jul 5 2014, 07:01 PM
Post #12

RCBot Guru

Hey Cheeseh,

I finally got back to working on this rcw the last few days, wasn't able to earlier. Plan to have it uploaded today, with screen credits.

I added in the zig-zag /\/\/\/ path in the shortcut from area1 to area3, and bots seem to attack and defend the tank area better, and they still use the shortcut plenty. To much /\/\/\ and axis rarely use the shortcut, and to little and allies use it to much. Just trying to get it balanced out now, it takes a lot of testing, it's close to done... Also, added a few more improvements that seem to work well. I could not beat the bots (rcbot 0.9, 7vs7, 2 snipers/team) last night from allied side. Testing with default profiles today, to see how it works...

It's a bit time consuming, partly because I have to go back to rcbot .85 and duplicate any changes, and retest in .9, so screen credits can be added later (credits corruption in .9)...

max
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jul 8 2014, 09:50 PM
Post #13

RCBot Guru

A quick update on where i'm at with the rcw...

I got side tracked adding some new stuff to the rcw, then I removed some of it. But I hope to release this today or in the morning. The balance between the tank path & shortcut has been giving me fits, but it is close to what I want bots to do. I've put a ton of time in to this rcw the last few days...

I think you guys will like it, it will be the best rcw to date wink.gif . I added a number of new things, including new bot movement options, more defend & sniper wpts, improved defenses for 1st & 2nd flags, a couple new places for bots to go, and best of all bots will attack and defend the tank much better. smile.gif

Also, new cover & hiding places for bots, I added a few cover_reload wpts. Today I saw a bot use one cover_reload wpt behind a sandbag, he popped up from behind it killed 2 enemies then ran to another cover_reload wpt on other side of street in a hiding place and he killed 2 more enemy bots in the back.... cool.gif biggrin.gif

But this morning I decided I need to add a bit more help for the allies to cap the tank, it just has been to difficult for them in rcbot .9 (.85 has been no problem. bots seem to move in groups more in .9, even with squads turned off, which has made it much harder for the allies at the tank). Axis have a map advantage at the tank too, so allies still won't do it as good as the axis. With tests I ran today, this seems to help balance the tank action with the shortcut, since the flag changes more frequent than before.

More later...
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jul 9 2014, 11:52 PM
Post #14

RCBot Guru

New dod_donner waypoints Release3 for rcbot 0.9 (0.8) and newer. Have fun... smile.gif

The pack includes 4 updated rcw's for dod_donner.

The main purpose of this pack is for Cheeseh to include 1 or 2 of these rcw's with his next full release. All the waypoints are version 4 (compatible with rcbot .8 or newer only). All waypoints have screen credits that read:

Waypoints by genmac, Waypoints modified by MadMax2

Note: all rcw's were modified on rcbot2 .85, so the credits will be good until the rcw is loaded on .9 once, then they will be trashed...

Cheeseh, All details are in the readme, there are 2 possible default rcw's to include with rcbot2, probably the one I already selected, just use one of them, there is very little difference. I also included an updated tankattack rcw you may include as an optional rcw. I included a rcw for .8/.85 too, one just for this pack and anyone still using that rcbot version.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Change Summary (Release3):

[madmax2 modified rcw (Release3)] (default rcw's, fully pathed shortcut, no restrictions)

Many, many, changes since my last release. Can't list them all... The default rcw's are "tuned" for rcbot2 .9, not .85(.8). They work for .85 too, but it may be to easy playing on allied side? Comments here are referring to rcbot2 .9 game play... btw, 7vs7 works well on this rcw, you don't need as many bots now...

* Lengthened the shortcut path (bots serpentine , or zig-zag), bots attack tank area more as a result. Action at the tank is more constant and intense, with occasional lows. Bots use both routes, more evenly now, and defend tank area better.

* new sniper & defend wpt positions

* new routes for bots to take, also expanded movement options for the bots

* new cover & hiding places added, some use the cover_reload wpt

* more wpt fixes added, added crouch wpts/tags at a few doorways where bots could get stuck on top of blocking non-breakable furniture, it seems to work. It also seems to help bots shoot breakable furniture in the area too.

* new wpts/pathing at tank, allied bots can capture tank flag better while under fire. Mostly a problem in rcbot .9, I think it is because bots are attacking in groups more, even with squads disabled.

[madmax2 Tank Attack rcw (Release3)]

Good for small bot/player loads. 12 to 16 bots/players will give constant intense battles in tank path/area. 7vs7 with 2 snipers per team works good. Weak shortcut defense, but has some. A new path option for bots and a few more fixes have been added.

[Edit] If anyone trys these rcw's, and wants to comment, please do. Even tho I spent a lot of time on it and want to take a break from this map, I can make some adjustments if needed. Please be specific as to which rcw you are giving feedback on, and which rcbot2 version you are using, thanks.

1. Doe's the shortcut between allied & axis #2 flags have enough defense, or to many bots flowing in there?

2. Doe's the tank area have enough action & defense, or to much?

I can tweak for 1 & 2 some (but there is a limit it seems), by adjusting the length of the shortcut path, but I probably won't want to for a couple weeks, as it is tedious work (Cheeseh is the exception, your wish is my command, any time is fine).

3. Which way do you prefer allied bots approach back of tank, by running up to it (default rcw) or by crouching up to it (default2 rcw).

4. or anything else wink.gif
[Edit 2-16-24] Fixed broken download link (for rcbot2 0.8 (or 1.0) and newer only)

Attached File  dod_donner_rcws3_pack.zip ( 33.91k ) Number of downloads: 9
+Quote Post
genmac
post Aug 20 2014, 05:33 AM
Post #15

RCBot Guru

Seems you're so into this map bro!
You should have just fully re-wpt it so all credit are yours and all your wpting style in place.
I did that on dod_anzio with full respect on Cheeseh wpt kept untouch.
Yeah permission to edit my wpts further has been revoked hehehehe.

+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 21 2014, 06:59 PM
Post #16

RCBot Guru

Hi there genmac,

Yeah I did more on this than I intended, at the start... I've been taking a break from waypointing before summer is completely gone. I waypointed dod_claviers, but still working out the defensive positions, it's almost done, so that will be my next release. So, no worry, I won't edit all your waypoints, heh heh...wink.gif

I really want to try TF2+RCbot2, but can't until I free up space on my hard drive... maybe this fall/winter?

Hope you have more time for rcbot this winter, too? My time has been very limited lately, as well...

max
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:00 AM