IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Release] Danger of Collapse waypoint, sc_doc rcw's for sc4.8/4.7/4.6/4.5 or newer
madmax2
post Aug 4 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #1

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

A new waypoint for the SvenCoop map "Danger of Collapse" (sc_doc), by Silencer. You can now play this map single player without cheating. I'd suggest 2 bots for the first time, one bot will work too, for a tougher challenge.

Bots do well on this map, but one human player is needed to complete the map. Bots won't open the first door in the spawn room (func_wall, not func_button), but they can open most doors. Bots can run the whole map with help. Bots can open and use the shortcuts... Bots do all the jumps so good, that they are faster than me most of the time!

However, bots are not perfect at the jumps and it is a difficult series of jumps for them. Sometimes 1 specific bot of 2 or 3 bots, will get locked into a pattern of missing the 2nd (center) cavern jump (it short hops and falls right in the middle, like it wants to back up to the previous wpt)! Since the other bots make the jumps just fine and don't short hop, I don't think it's the rcw, and I think I have seen this before with other maps & rcbot versions. I think it may be some old memory bug, but not sure? I think this may only happen with 2 or more bots, I don't remember seeing 1 bot have this problem. The falling bot will eventually figure out how to make the jump, so it's not a big problem when playing with 2 bots. If it does happen when playing with 1 bot, try breaking it out of it's jumping pattern by shooting at it just before the jumps, or get in it's path and whack it with the crowbar once. Also, move ahead of the bot, take the lead, sometimes a bot will get "teamed" with the player and not want to get to far ahead, but I don't think this is the problem here?

The rcw has been tested on sc4.8 & sc4.7, but not sc4.6/4.5. I think it will work on those older versions, but bots may or may not have trouble with the jumps? The jumps took me a while to get them just right for sc4.8/4.7. And the cavern jumps near the end, are probably the most difficult part of the map (you need to know where to jump then crouch and crouch then jump, or just jump, it's not to hard once you get that figured out).

There are about 3 places a player and a bot must work together to continue on. See the included readme for more details and a few spoiler tips...

Anyways, just play it and have fun, it should work good... smile.gif

Download: madmax2sc_doc_rcw.zip
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Sep 16 2015, 06:48 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

I have made changes to my modified bot_weapons.ini, there are 2 ini's included now, see the readme for details on the weapon selection order.

Some of the changes:

Uzi's still have a high priority and are used before most weapons, except the most powerful weapons (Egon, RPG, Gauss, etc), or longer ranged weapons. But I did make a couple adjustments for the uzi's. Bots were switching mid action between duel & single uzi's as the target range changed, so I set duel & single uzi's to the same range and adjusted max range slightly. Now bots just use what uzi's they have and just stay with that, duel uzi's if they have them, otherwise single uzi's.

bot_weapons.ini (default) - m16 is set to priority 3 and short to long range. bots will likely use the mp5 & shotgun first if the target is in range. if the target is out of range of the mp5/shotgun, bots would use the sniperrifle next if they have it, then the m16. Bots will use the sporelauncher at short range with this ini.

bot_weapons_m16.ini - the m16 is set at priority 4 and same range as mp5, bots will use the m16 before the mp5 & shotgun, for short to medium/long range, at very long range they will switch to sniperrifle or python. You will notice the bots use the m16 a lot more with priority 4. bots also use the sporelauncher less when they have the m16.

So, if bots had all these weapons and ammo, bots would choose to use them in this order, depending on range from target: Egon (at any range), Uzi's, m16 (bot_weapons_m16.ini), sporelauncher (but very short range only), mp5, shotgun, sniperrifle, m16 (default ini), python then other pistols etc... There are exceptions set by range; bots may use the python if the other weapons are out of range and they have no egon, sniperrifle, m16, or ammo.

egon - added holdattack=1 so bots hold primary fire (works with sc4.8 rcbots only, older versions ignor this setting)

grapple - changed to is_melee=0 so bots won't use as a weapon, set back to 1 if you want them to melee tongue enemies ... laugh.gif

rcbot_weapons_ini_2.zip
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....post&id=518
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:04 PM