Reply to this topicStart new topic
> All DoD:S rcbot2 wpts, as of April 18, 2013
genmac
post Apr 18 2013, 03:04 AM
Post #1

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

Here are all my fully updated wpt pack for dods as jan-dec 2013...tnx.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2npb26r4...+2013+wpts+.rar
Their my last edits last year which I kept forgetting to post here formally after almost a full year yay. Lots of improvements mostly on the stock maps
and those beach maps etc. Credit goes to other wpters here like madmax, testery, and emotional.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All DODS stock and custom map wpts for RCBot2 beta 0.72 as of April 18, 2013.

Place all the wpts here, example:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\rcbot2\waypoints\Day of Defeat Source

Some of the wpts have been updated like:
- correct wpt jumps for rcbot2 0.72
- correct area tags for snipers/mg's
- added some prone wpts
- more improvements on other stock map wpts made by genmac and testery
- finetuned dod_flash wpts
- some little tweaks here and there to smoothen out more the navigation of bots
- etc etc...

Note:
Waypoints that have the _rcbot2 tag (defaultmapname_rcbot2.rcw) needs the modified maps to make sure they will work properly or else the bots will get stuck a lot more frequent on doors that's why their edited to either stay open or removed for good. Other maps needed some objective entity fix so the bots will accomplish the goal more aggressively like dod_plateau_b6_rcbot2.

So just download the modified maps found here as well for more infos...
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showforum=30

Other wpt tags like:
_op ( one path wpts all bots goes straight to the capture points only, good for sniping practice or just plain fast paced battle straight ahead so predictable.)
_agc ( haha dont know whatever that means now but that's a wpt edited so axis defend the big guns only on dod_peleliu_b4)
_nb (no bomb...for tdm/ffa or normal dods)
_tdm_v1
_tdm_v2 ...well just for tdm or ffa modes.

So to use the different types of wpts to a specific map just make another copy of the map and rename it accordingly to the wpts for it.
Example:
dod_goodwood_b3_nb.rcw
dod_goodwood_b3_nb.bsp (map must be renamed like that)

Plz be inform that RENAMING THE WPTS WON'T WORK.

Again just go here for more infos on this little funky maps...
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showforum=30

The DODS deathmatch plugin you can get here...
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1697565

Credits:
Cheeseh - Rcbot and RCbot2 author
http://rcbot.bots-united.com

DOD:S Waypointers:
Cheeseh, Testery, genmac, madmax

Download the dods rcbot2 wpt pack here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8oki648t5nq9pla
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 18 2013, 05:05 AM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

cool

QUOTE(genmac @ Apr 18 2013, 04:04 AM) *

Plz be inform that RENAMING THE WPTS WON'T WORK.

you can use "rcbot waypoint load <mapname>" to load other waypoints from other maps and then save it
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 18 2013, 07:59 AM
Post #3

Admin

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 18 2013, 06:05 AM) *

cool
you can use "rcbot waypoint load <mapname>" to load other waypoints from other maps and then save it

hey genmac, by the way I noticed in dod flash, still there aren't any defend waypoints on some flags (e.g. the ones on the grass) and the area isn't correct on some, e.g. the machinegun waypoint at the axis base (it still has area 0, it should be 4). Radii could also be larger for large spaces
+Quote Post
genmac
post Apr 18 2013, 08:06 AM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 18 2013, 05:05 AM) *

cool

tnx!
now that's a better way to use alternative wpts rather than hacking them internally hehe.

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 18 2013, 07:59 AM) *

hey genmac, by the way I noticed in dod flash, still there aren't any defend waypoints on some flags (e.g. the ones on the grass) and the area isn't correct on some, e.g. the machinegun waypoint at the axis base (it still has area 0, it should be 4). Radii could also be larger for large spaces

yeah I noticed that too I thought that's bec. it's the first capture points wpted reason why it's area is 0 I thought that was ok. will re-edit.

btw what exactly do you mean adding defend wpts and how?
I already added some snipers/mg's on the outer flags near it I thought those acts as defend wpts since they have the same area no. .

edit...

Ok I've checked the dod_flash wpt and area and defend wpts are already inplaced last time I edited it some 2 days ago so just use this one on the pack to double check it.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 18 2013, 10:59 AM
Post #5

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Apr 18 2013, 09:06 AM) *

tnx!
now that's a better way to use alternative wpts rather than hacking them internally hehe.
yeah I noticed that too I thought that's bec. it's the first capture points wpted reason why it's area is 0 I thought that was ok. will re-edit.

btw what exactly do you mean adding defend wpts and how?
I already added some snipers/mg's on the outer flags near it I thought those acts as defend wpts since they have the same area no. .

edit...

Ok I've checked the dod_flash wpt and area and defend wpts are already inplaced last time I edited it some 2 days ago so just use this one on the pack to double check it.

the defend waypoints are just the red waypoints that non snipers ertc stand at to protect the flag. I didn't see any last time, I will have a look again tongue.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Apr 18 2013, 11:13 AM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 18 2013, 10:59 AM) *

the defend waypoints are just the red waypoints that non snipers ertc stand at to protect the flag. I didn't see any last time, I will have a look again tongue.gif

I see....btw what's the exact wpt givetype for defend wpt?

The one I've placed which I kinda thought should ack as defend wpts according to manual are proned sniper/mg's either for axis or allies on the grass area but area tagged accordingly.

Sniper btw still don't go prone even there's a prone tag.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 18 2013, 12:32 PM
Post #7

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Apr 18 2013, 12:13 PM) *

I see....btw what's the exact wpt givetype for defend wpt?

just like rcbot waypoint givetype defend <area>

e.g. rcbot waypoint givetype defend 4

will add a defend point at the way you are facing and set it to area 4

you can do other combinations e,g.

e.g. rcbot waypoint givetype prone defend 4

QUOTE(genmac @ Apr 18 2013, 12:13 PM) *

Sniper btw still don't go prone even there's a prone tag.

yeah theres a bug since I introduced the rcbot_prone_enemy_only command, and didnt update the method before release, so if you have rcbot_prone_enemy_only 1 they will prone on sniper spots, but other bots will prone in dangerous spots even if they dont see an enemy
+Quote Post
Emotional
post Apr 19 2013, 02:05 AM
Post #8

RCBot Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,260

nice, nice, thanks for great works)
I'm still waiting wpts for sora, tiger_2008, crash, dijon, stug, strasbourg) hope for you smile.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 19 2013, 02:45 AM
Post #9

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

Awesome, thanks for the wpt pack genmac.. You've been very busy for the couple days i've been away.. I got the pack and it looks like it has the same flash rcw I tested last night (apr 17).

I ran 2 observation games & 1 play test on dod_flash.. Seems much better than the previous rcw's, balance wise.. With 6vs6 bots, 1 of each class, the axis can win now by out scoring the allies. There is more fighting around the center 3 flags, so this is all good. smile.gif

But I did notice a couple things.. At the center flag, there is an axis sniper position from the 2nd floor window, the axis sniper didn't seem to be firing at allies coming up the path. Likewise, At an allied sniper position, at window facing towards first axis flag (other side of main path from blown up building), an allied bot was doing the same. In first person sniper scope view, enemies are running through thier view, but I don't see them lock on & fire for some reason? If they work ok for you, then it may be something in my install? All my bot settings should be default, but I havn't gone thru all the bot profiles & checked them yet..

I believe it was when the axis had thier first 3 flags, I saw an axis support, retreat from the center of the map all the way back to the new machine gun position on that low wall. Would making pathways one way, behind the flag be a good idea to prevent backtracking to the first MG or defend positions? Or maybe thats not good rcbot2 technique, might cause the bot to do strange things, etc? Or Maybe changing the MG from area 0 to 4, like Cheeseh said, will stop the backtracking?

I definately need to get more time playing around with rcbot2... smile.gif

+Quote Post
genmac
post Apr 19 2013, 04:03 AM
Post #10

RCBot Guru

@Cheeseh...tnx for defend wpt guide hehe you should add this to the manual.
May be I'll try make a waypointers guide based on a users view hehe.

@Emotional....tnx comrade! sure I'll definitely will wpt the remaining 6 maps soon.

@Madmax2....yeah I don't know why sometimes snipers don't shoot enemies in their view scope I noticed that too on dod_donner, I'll try adding some "unreachable" wpts on the wpts where the allies will pass, hope axis sniper will see those and shoot any allies passing nearby
can't guarrantee if that will fix the issue we still need Cheeseh input on that.

Yeah try editing all your bot profiles by hand and make them more aggressive and braver hehe..so they don't always back track if they didn't encounter any combat and got bored hehe...like this...

visionticks_clients = 4
visionticks = 40
pathticks = 40
braveness = 99
aimskill = 80
sensitivity = 10

Or you can try use my bot profiles you can download below...

Yes we can make wpts unidirectional as well dedicated axis or allies wpts but that will take lots of work. I tried that once but somehow made some bots non aggressive as if they suddenly wanna go back but can't coz wpt ain't bidirectional so I think it's ok for 1 or 2 bots every now and then to back track.

Most Wpts used for respawning bots in tdm/ffa are unidirectional in dod_flash.

If you check some of dod_titanic wpts, I made some wpts totally unidirectional or some wpts for axis or allies only just to make sure bots don't back track.
Really gave my brain one complete work out doing that lol coz sometimes I get confuse which is which LOL!

Now that reminded me of Sturmbot last version coz it was very tedious to wpt as it needed seperate wpts for
each team where he could have just added a noaxis or noallies wpt tag hehe so
Cheeseh definitely got that more simplified and more practical.

Anyway I think dod_flash wpt will improve now that I know how to add some defent wpts. Will also try change some of the angle directed to assaulting allies.

Ok here's the newly edited dod_flash wpt but it only works if you go back to the year 1943 haha!
- added defend proned axis/allies wpts
- added unreachable wpts for axis snipers up the second floor but they still won't shoot in coming allies below.
- some further finetuning of navigation wpts etc...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  dod_flash_april19_1943.rar ( 5.29k ) Number of downloads: 890
Attached File  profiles.rar ( 62.55k ) Number of downloads: 810
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 19 2013, 06:45 AM
Post #11

Admin

cool. Just a note on how the bots work with the defend/sniper/mg waypoints.

1. First bots decide whether they want to attack or defend (based on a look up table generated by an NN)
2. They choose the best capture point (area) to attack or defend (from choice 1)
3. If they have a sniper-rifle or a machine gun they go to a sniper or mg waypoint in the area they choose (snipers wont go to mg waypoints and viceversa). Normal bots go to defend waypoints. The waypoint also has to be available in their team.

There are no ways to tell bots to go to specific waypoints if they want to attack or defend, although the team specific waypoints are useful

Just a thought with the profiles... Maybe I can create some new bot profiles with all of the most common forum users names smile.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 20 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #12

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 18 2013, 11:45 PM) *

Just a thought with the profiles... Maybe I can create some new bot profiles with all of the most common forum users names smile.gif

Yeah, cool idea Cheeseh, I wanna be uber leet... heh heh laugh.gif

@genmac
I will be checking out the new flash rcw & profiles tonite... I should have more time this weekend to play around with this... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 20 2013, 02:39 AM
Post #13

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Apr 20 2013, 01:01 AM) *

Yeah, cool idea Cheeseh, I wanna be uber leet... heh heh laugh.gif

@genmac
I will be checking out the new flash rcw & profiles tonite... I should have more time this weekend to play around with this... smile.gif

the new dod_flash wpts are much better, I noticed the addition of unreachable waypoints, which is what it also needed. I added a few more above some hiding places. These waypoints not only make it easier for bots to find better hiding places but also makes bots find places to throw grenades in hiding spots. You should notice more bots using grenades and taking cover better. In essence a map full of unreachable waypoints is ideal but impractical and will use too much memory or cpu, so placing them in useful spots is better.

as for profiles: maybe I should make a thread for ppl who want to have a profile in the bot, u could give me your aim skill, sensitivity etc hehe...
... made it here, http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1763 would like to see yours
+Quote Post
genmac
post Apr 20 2013, 03:28 AM
Post #14

RCBot Guru

I see.

On dod_U471_b2_rcbot2.bsp I placed lots of unreachables wpts with radius on the side of the sub so bots won't fall...is that right coz I did placed quite many? I didn't notice any framerate drop when I added them.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 21 2013, 06:26 AM
Post #15

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Apr 20 2013, 04:28 AM) *

I see.

On dod_U471_b2_rcbot2.bsp I placed lots of unreachables wpts with radius on the side of the sub so bots won't fall...is that right coz I did placed quite many? I didn't notice any framerate drop when I added them.

I'm not sure if it will help them from falling tongue.gif I haven't looked yet, will check later
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 22 2013, 08:48 AM
Post #16

RCBot Guru

Ok, I finally started messing around with waypoint editing with rcbot2. I set some key binds up the way I like them and decided to tinker around with the dod_flash rcw. I'm calling this wpt axis_revenge. It favors the axis now, it's just an experiment...

I did almost nothing to help the allies with this rcw, the axis should out score the allies, and I have seen the axis cap all the flags twice. The allies can sometimes push the axis back to thier last flag, but the axis have allways recovered... The axis are more offensive and won't waste time at thier first flag...

There seem to be about 3 windows axis snipers just won't shoot through? The 2 above the center flag that genmac & I discussed before, and a new one I added, which I ended up just changing to a defend wpt. I tried unreachable wpts, and even put paths from the sniper wpts to the unreachable wpts, moved the unreachables around, added extras, nothing helps. It's something about the windows i think, maybe an entity or something causing it? But with this rcw the 2 sniper points above the center flag are basicly the same as genmacs, i just added an extra unreachable and may have paths from the window, no change at all in bot behavior, though.

To get axis to be more offensive, the major changes are:

I had to remove the MG wpt behind low wall at axis first flag sad.gif and open some paths in the area. It seems there may be something in the map near the low wall that causes bots to pause & bunch up. These changes eliminated that problem. once bots pass the flag, they cannot return to this area. they can go to the window in the little house here, but cannot back track to that either.. seems to work good... smile.gif

I added defend tags to the 3 middle flags, & I didn't add defend tags to the 2 end flags, cause it slowed them down, and caused them to return to them to much. I also changed a few area tags from 0 to the flag area, mostly defend wpts and a couple sniper/mg wpts i think.. Anyways, after this change the axis seem to be doing better at capping & recapping the tank flag.

I added a couple more defend wpts for the axis, one is near the center flag. Axis usually own this area, but it does go back & forth.. Edited a few pathways, mainly to help the axis. added an unreachable wpt over the center flag, I put it there for snipers, but left it for grenade throwing, heheh...

I think thats about it. I can balance it out some, by doing at the allies first flag what I did at the axis side. But the game will favor the allies again, probably because the axis don't have enough good sniper spots, since those ones in the windows don't work? Still experimenting on this, maybe I can come up with something different? I'm using this rcw to learn... I may do something to those sniper perches, like change them to defend/MG points, and add sniper wpts elsewhere? What do you guys think?

If anyone wants to check it out, here it is... Comments/feedback, ideas, welcome... smile.gif

Most of the credit for this rcw goes to testeryyy & genmac ...

[edit]
Find the latest dod_flash axis revenge rcw here:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11706

Or use the latest dod_flash rcw here:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11747
+Quote Post
genmac
post Apr 22 2013, 10:15 AM
Post #17

RCBot Guru

cool! will check it out.

btw may be the non reactive snipers on the second floor needs a higher reaction time on their profile.

OT...(might help some though..)
as of today my pc went from being a nice old pc that can load 20+ rcbot2 with still good enough frame rates to a really laggy one and reaching a temperature of 80+ degree Celsius (40 is the norm) while idle....solution.....cleaned the whole cpu especially the fans, hit sink and processor and applied some fresh thermal paste, now it's frisky again hehe.

EDIT...
After about 30-40 mins of watching them (10 vs 10), Wow axis are definitely much more aggressive and no more coffee breaks on the low wall.laugh.gif I even tried overwhelming the axis by just spawning 6 of them and 12 on the allies just to see if they will just gather around to defend their last flag once all 4 flags are capped and definitely they always went for the attack unlike the allies that tends to stay more on their turf once all first 4 flags are caught. But one time allies got really lucky managed to cap all flags even if they only have 7 teamates vs 12 axis. tongue.gif
Good work bro!

Unfortunately the snipers on 2nd floor still aren't reactive on incoming allies below even if I boosted
their profiles to like this...

CODE

# Bot Profile id = 31 : generated by RCBot2 Launcher
name = axis15_sniper
visionticks_clients = 32
visionticks = 200
pathticks = 40
braveness = 100
aimskill = 100
sensitivity = 19
team = 3
class = 3

Sometimes they just look while zoomed on the wall or wherever.

Other sniping area their ok, they do combat instantly but they get spotted instantly also bec of the unreachable wpts in front them hehe.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 22 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #18

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(genmac @ Apr 22 2013, 03:15 AM) *

Unfortunately the snipers on 2nd floor still aren't reactive on incoming allies below even if I boosted
their profiles to like this...

CODE

# Bot Profile id = 31 : generated by RCBot2 Launcher
name = axis15_sniper
visionticks_clients = 32
visionticks = 200
pathticks = 40
braveness = 100
aimskill = 100
sensitivity = 19
team = 3
class = 3

Sometimes they just look while zoomed on the wall or wherever.

Other sniping area their ok, they do combat instantly but they get spotted instantly also bec of the unreachable wpts in front them hehe.

Hey genmac,

Yeah, you are right about that, the allies don't seem to see the axis in the windows either! It's almost like it's solid wall to the bots. I'm not sure if the bots can't see through them, or think they can't shoot through them? Maybe i'll try debug on those windows today, see if i can see something useful?

Cheeseh might want to take a closer look at these windows, maybe it's the angle, but I think it might be an entity thing? The other window I had a problem with is at ground level looking at center flag from axis side behind the sandbag barriers. It's a defend wpt now, and i haven't had a chance to see if other classes will shoot from it or not, they don't go there very often? I think you mentioned donner had one too, I don't know where that one is at?

I've allready changed those sniper perch's to defend/mg, i'll see what other classes do there, at those 2 windows...? I'll also try to balance it out a bit, by trying a simular thing on the allied first flag..

As for axis first flag, yeah it's probably not defended as well, and a sneaky human might be able to get to that flag easier? If they can get to that area. I still havn't play tested it from allied side to see if i could do that? My idea was, it's near the spawns, so axis that just died would be coming forward to defend that flag. And if any bots get near that low wall, they start taking coffee breaks, even if there is only normal navigation wpts there! Don't know why, maybe an entity thing again? I even kicked the gas can & barrels out of there and they were still taking coffee breaks, heh..

Glad to hear you reserrected your PC, so you can keep churning out wpts wink.gif ... Yeah, my PC's are old, and I gota clean out the cob webs every now & then too... rolleyes.gif

[edit] that was alarming, bots-united seemed to go down for 5-10 minutes just after I posted this. Then when I was able to get back in, i was still logged in.. So, maybe it was just the internet burped blink.gif ?
+Quote Post
genmac
post Apr 23 2013, 01:01 AM
Post #19

RCBot Guru

Yeah bro keep finetunning the dods wpts especially the stock maps as much as you like until their as good as they can be. Really appreciate the help.

dod_donner snipers on building seems to do the same problem probably bec. of some AI codes there as Cheeseh did mentioned if I recall correctly that snipers we're too accurate/aimbotish during his test way back before he released 0.7

Seems snipers can't shoot a certain distances especially when elevated but mg's seems more interactive on the same spot reason I always put an mg+sniper on most places that suits both. SOmetimes but not too often both mg and sniper would use the same spot or 2 snipers or 2 mg's hehe.
BEsides mg's and snipers kinda worked together or would use same spots as documented on most ww2 films/movies and fully shown on "Saving Prvt Ryan"...where the sniper became an mg/spotter and went back using his rifle once they ran out of mg ammos until they got blasted away by a tank LoL!

On dod_plateau_b6_rcbot2 wpt, I placed some well hidden snipers hehe really cool when of one them kills me so hopefully
the average user would get blown/sniped away a lot by those hehe!

...and yeah I love to edit my post. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 23 2013, 01:07 AM
Post #20

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Apr 23 2013, 02:01 AM) *

Yeah bro keep finetunning the dods wpts especially the stock maps as much as you like until their as good as they can be. Really appreciate the help.

dod_donner snipers on building seems to do the same problem probably bec. of some AI codes there as Cheeseh did mentioned if I recall correctly that snipers we're too accurate/aimbotish during his test way back before he released 0.7

Seems snipers can't shoot a certain distances especially when elevated but mg's seems more interactive on the same spot reason I always put an mg+sniper on most places that suits both. SOmetimes but not too often both mg and sniper would use the same spot or 2 snipers or 2 mg's hehe.

I think there is a visibility bug which bots don't think they can see an enemy sometimes, OR they can see the enemy but decide not to shoot due to the angle, which I don't think is the case because they are so far away (through a sniper scope), the angle difference would be minimal. i.e theres a cvar which I don't really use called rcbot_shoot_enemy_fov , it's default is 0.6 which is 90 degrees, this is okay for close combat but far away it will cause bots to shoot at the enemy when they see them even when they are facing 45 degrees in the wrong direction. This is to prevent bots doing that, will work on this more though.

edit: my next release will be mainly a bug fix release, with some small additions such as a "fall" waypoint, useful in TF2 where bots can fall if they have high health, still live, but if they have low health, might die...
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:06 PM