IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> cp_egypt_final waypoints, Waypoints for this awesome TF2 Map!
MiroslavR
post Jul 25 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,321

cp_egypt_final waypoints
========================
Author: MiroslavR
Installation notes:
Copy cp_egypt_final.rcd and cp_egypt_final.rcw to your RCBot waypoint folder (C:\steam\steamapps\MyNick\rcbot2\waypoints\team fortress 2\tf\ - should be like my path)
Run TF2, load the RCBOT plugin, select map cp_egypt_final and it should work!

Author notes:
Please note that RCBot does not support control points yet, so the bots CANNOT capture them. They can only defend. By the way, the WHOLE map is waypointed and the bots can move properly (I've tested it; worked so far)! Bots can also return to resupplies, pickup health, ammo packs. Plus, the waypoints also contain spots to build sentries, teleporters and sniper spots! Also note that those are my first waypoints ever created for these bots... I hope you will like it; write any suggestions, ideas, bugs, etc. on RCBot forums -> Waypoint section -> cp_egypt_final waypoints!

BETA 2 is OUT - see the last post by me!

↓ Ignore attachment below, I just can't get rid of it.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  cp_egypt_final.zip ( 13.73k ) Number of downloads: 102
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jul 26 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(MiroslavR @ Jul 25 2009, 07:14 PM) *

cp_egypt_final waypoints
========================
Author: MiroslavR
Installation notes:
Copy cp_egypt_final.rcd and cp_egypt_final.rcw to your RCBot waypoint folder (C:\steam\steamapps\MyNick\rcbot2\waypoints\team fortress 2\tf\ - should be like my path)
Run TF2, load the RCBOT plugin, select map cp_egypt_final and it should work!

Author notes:
Please note that RCBot does not support control points yet, so the bots CANNOT capture them. They can only defend. By the way, the WHOLE map is waypointed and the bots can move properly (I've tested it; worked so far)! Bots can also return to resupplies, pickup health, ammo packs. Plus, the waypoints also contain spots to build sentries, teleporters and sniper spots! Also note that those are my first waypoints ever created for these bots... I hope you will like it; write any suggestions, ideas, bugs, etc. on RCBot forums -> Waypoint section -> cp_egypt_final waypoints!

Attachment: Attached File  cp_egypt.zip ( 15.51k ) Number of downloads: 101

Btw. Is there any way to simulate control points capturing bot behaviour with another waypoint types? I'm new at this... rolleyes.gif

Goddamn it, I was waypointing that map! smile.gif
might just as well finish it,because im too close to finishing it.
you only need the .rcw file.
and what do you mean with "other waypoint types"?
Capture type tells the bot what they can capture(the intel on CTF,control points on CP)
+Quote Post
MiroslavR
post Jul 26 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #3

NEW VERSION IS OUT! Adds cp_egypt_final scripts so the bots can finally complete the whole map! They can do anything (I've been testing it). Also I've filled the map with more paths for bots to choose and fixed a lot of waypoints! Hope you'll enjoy it.

Attachment: Attached File  cp_egypt_final.zip ( 13.73k ) Number of downloads: 96

Cheeseh, what do you think about them? (I'm a newbie waypointer so I don't know if they are good or not) tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jul 26 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(MiroslavR @ Jul 26 2009, 05:26 PM) *

NEW VERSION IS OUT! Adds cp_egypt_final scripts so the bots can finally complete the whole map! They can do anything (I've been testing it). Also I've filled the map with more paths for bots to choose and fixed a lot of waypoints! Hope you'll enjoy it.

Attachment: Attached File  cp_egypt_final.zip ( 13.73k ) Number of downloads: 96

Cheeseh, what do you think about them? (I'm a newbie waypointer so I don't know if they are good or not) tongue.gif

I'm not Cheeseh, but I say that you can consider the waypoints successfull if the bots make it to stage 3 without players capping the points smile.gif
+Quote Post
MiroslavR
post Jul 26 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Jul 26 2009, 11:56 PM) *

I'm not Cheeseh, but I say that you can consider the waypoints successfull if the bots make it to stage 3 without players capping the points smile.gif

Yes, they do this without any help. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 26 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #6

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(MiroslavR @ Jul 26 2009, 10:59 PM) *

Yes, they do this without any help. smile.gif

I would suggest that you add an "areas:" statement for each control point in the script, as you can then give things like sentry/sniper waypoints the available waypoint area that bots can use, otherwise, snipers, engis will try to look for waypoints that are in other stages. Also resupplies must be given the same area IDs to work effectively. see my dustbowl example
+Quote Post
MiroslavR
post Jul 26 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 27 2009, 12:18 AM) *

I would suggest that you add an "areas:" statement for each control point in the script, as you can then give things like sentry/sniper waypoints the available waypoint area that bots can use, otherwise, snipers, engis will try to look for waypoints that are in other stages. Also resupplies must be given the same area IDs to work effectively. see my dustbowl example

Thanks for a tip; I'll do that. But normal waypoints are not needed to have an area, right? Because the goal of bots will be just to attack/defend control points, take stuff like health, resupply, etc....
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 27 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #8

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(MiroslavR @ Jul 26 2009, 11:51 PM) *

Thanks for a tip; I'll do that. But normal waypoints are not needed to have an area, right? Because the goal of bots will be just to attack/defend control points, take stuff like health, resupply, etc....

yes, only areas on waypoints with flags as u said
+Quote Post
MiroslavR
post Jul 28 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #9

New, however STILL unfinished sad.gif (beta 2; no time) version, but it will be surely be finished tomorrow dry.gif
BETA 2 Version: Click here to download!

It still needs some waypoint path fixes, new sentry and teleporter spots for second and third egypt stage.
By the way, there were also fixed some waypoint path errors, added new sniper spots, added areas for resupplies, ammo, health packs, sniper spots and all other waypoints with flags (for every stage, like Cheeseh's suggested), also upgraded script that adds support for this areas and documentation of which area stands for what... But it still needs some improvements, stay tuned for next version.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:49 AM