IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> dod_priority, waypoints request
VSG
post Jul 27 2019, 02:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,602

Hi everyone, I'm new to rcbot community -already a big fan of the work you have done so far, and donator smile.gif- and I was wondering if this could be the right place to request waypoints.

A friend of mine recently completed this DOD: S detonation map dod_priority - Gamebanana, and as a server admin, I always add bots in the games, and I noticed that the most popular custom maps have waypoints made by the community, so if anyone could be interested to help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
madmax2
post Jul 27 2019, 10:18 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Welcome VSG, I grabbed the map, I'll take a look at it... See if it would be something I could do quickly... wink.gif
+Quote Post
VSG
post Jul 28 2019, 09:25 AM
Post #3

Great, no need to hurry @madmax2 and thanks for your quick reply!

It is probably a fairly simple map design, and although I have started to practice a bit, I'm still too awkward at waypointing. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jul 31 2019, 10:14 PM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

Yeah, looks like I could do a basic waypoint on this. Will be a few more days before I could start it, i'll post when I do... wink.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 10 2019, 07:53 PM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

I began building this waypoint last night smile.gif

Cheeseh, is there a RCbot2 waypoint command to mirror or copy half the waypoints on a symmetric map? I would need to "flip" the waypoints on both x & y axis on this map. Omnibot has a mirror command, but not sure if RCbot2 has an equivalent command?

(I'm still working on beachlanding, too)
+Quote Post
VSG
post Aug 12 2019, 03:48 AM
Post #6

Cool! If you ever need temporary space on my VPS for some game, just send me a PM wink.gif @madmax2. As I'm not a developer, there is not much else I can do in that regard to help. However, I know some Source mappers...

I wish there was something like a community for helping with those CoD2 meatbots!
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 14 2019, 08:32 PM
Post #7

RCBot Guru

Cool! If you ever need temporary space on my VPS for some game, just send me a PM

Thanks for the offer, don't need it at the moment, perhaps in future? smile.gif

Have a functional rcw now, both teams have won. Working on the fixed positions now. Should have a test rcw for you by or before the weekend... smile.gif

Had a strange map glitch last night during a long waypointing session, after a couple won matches, the map didn't reset after one team destroyed both objectives, eventually all objectives were capped blink.gif ! At some point I noticed axis bots somehow got into the allied spawn area, LOL... Not sure if they spawned in there [YES, they spawned in there] or got past the invisible blockers, but I suspect it happened because the map didn't reset properly [No, it happens all the time]? The whole issue may of occurred because I was in a long waypoint session, and I was working on my low memory (1.5gb) XP PC. It likely won't happen playing a normal game with a 20 or 30 minute time limit, I'm sure I was well past an hour before it happened, and waypoints were visible. I've had this sort of thing before on other maps while waypointing, so could just be my old PC? Nope, seems to be a map bug . sad.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 15 2019, 02:12 AM
Post #8

RCBot Guru

[EDIT] dod_priority1 map fixes the problems in this post, get the new map version from the link at the top of this topic... smile.gif

Bad news, there is a spawn problem with this map, axis bots sometimes re-spawn in the allies spawn area! Wish I had caught that earlier ohmy.gif ... Perhaps you could ask your friend to check the allied spawn area, maybe both spawn areas to be safe. Though I haven't seen the allies re-spawn in the axis spawn area so far... unsure.gif

I'm releasing the waypoint as is, so you can test for the problem. I was going to do a bit more to it, but I'm stopping until the spawn issue is fixed. The rcw has mg/sniper positions and cover_reload waypoints, but no defend waypoints, yet. The rcw probably could use defend wpts for better defense of the bomb targets. Since the only TNT/bombs are in the center of the map, bots will rush to the center of the map first.

The spawn problem happens fairly regular, so you will likely see it in the first game. I've been testing with 16 bots. I looked at the map spawn points, and it looked like there were enough. I did see axis bots re-spawn inside the allies spawn area, more than once, on two different PC's now. I think they spawn right at the bottom of this ramp:

IPB Image

They get trapped behind the invisible blocker and can't reenter the "map":

IPB Image

IPB Image

[EDIT] Removed old obsolete rcw, if you downloaded this to play dod_priority1 map, get the fixed rcw below...
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=15098
+Quote Post
VSG
post Aug 17 2019, 08:28 AM
Post #9

kudos @madmax, it looks like it took you a lot of work, I really appreciate it. smile.gif

I already notified the map maker and he is actually working to release an updated version to fix the bugs, he will show up whenever he can.
+Quote Post
Arvi
post Aug 17 2019, 11:13 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,604

Hi, I am the map maker. Thank you madmax2 for finding and discussing the bug in the map. I made the fix for the spawnpoints for the new version but I cant publish the updated version yet because I have to fix a other bug with the objectives. I have been busy this week but I am trying to fix everything when I have time.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 17 2019, 06:50 PM
Post #11

RCBot Guru

Hi Arvi,

Glad to hear you fixed the spawn bug and will be releasing an updated version when you can. No hurry, I'm working on beachlanding atm. I'll tweak the waypoints when it's released. Oh, and welcome to the RCbot forums, it's always nice to hear from map developers. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Arvi
post Aug 26 2019, 04:52 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 2,604

Good news! I have solved the bug related to the objectives and published a new version of the map. the file name is now dod_priority1. I am sorry for you madmax2 that you did work on the Waypoints and now that version of the map is obsolete. I would probably not noticed the wrong spawn points in the wrong place if you did not found it while making the waypoints. Now the bugs are solved! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 26 2019, 09:49 PM
Post #13

RCBot Guru

Cool cool.gif , I should be able to import the current rcw to the new map, so long as the map has the same origin in 3d space. (I'm not a mapper, but I think that's correct?)
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 28 2019, 06:01 PM
Post #14

RCBot Guru

I've fixed the waypoint for dod_priority1, it should be playable smile.gif ... It wasn't a straight import and play it, but it sorta worked. All the capture area#'s changed, plus 2 new bomb cap points at the AAA guns. This presents a problem for the bots, because they will only select 1 capture waypoint per area to use. That is mostly resolved now, see readme for more details. My focus was to fix the capture areas with this release.

To be done: refine some capture areas a bit more, add defend wpts, changing bombs area# to area4 or 5 doesn't seem to work correctly, not sure why?

Wanted to post this & remove the old obsolete waypoint... wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  dod_priority1_wip2_rcw.zip ( 6.79k ) Number of downloads: 276
+Quote Post
VSG
post Aug 29 2019, 05:12 PM
Post #15

Awesome @madmax2, I have been testing the map with your waypoints loaded, and as they are also quite ready to be released on the wild with our public server, so be it!

IPB Image

btw, your authorship and cheeseh authorship is featured on the majority of the maps we have in rotation, that's a good branding biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 30 2019, 03:55 PM
Post #16

RCBot Guru

Cool, a good selection of maps in the rotation smile.gif
+Quote Post
Emotional
post Mar 6 2020, 10:01 AM
Post #17

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 2,260

Great waypoint! smile.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 11 2020, 09:57 PM
Post #18

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Emotional @ Mar 6 2020, 02:01 AM) *

Great waypoint! smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif ... I want to get back to some waypointing, but just been busy last few months. Working through some PC problems, too...
+Quote Post
VSG
post Apr 8 2020, 06:58 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 11 2020, 09:57 PM) *

Thanks smile.gif ... I want to get back to some waypointing, but just been busy last few months. Working through some PC problems, too...

Arvi made a new hl2 dm map, we were wondering if you could have a look to it, in case you donīt like the thing he made itīs still fine. wink.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 9 2020, 06:49 PM
Post #20

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(VSG @ Apr 8 2020, 10:58 AM) *

Arvi made a new hl2 dm map, we were wondering if you could have a look to it, in case you donīt like the thing he made itīs still fine. wink.gif

Sure, I can look at the map, I haven't done a hl2dm rcw. Send a map link, i'll see if I like it and have the time? I only have hl2dm installed on my home PC atm... wink.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:50 PM