Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feedback and suggestions, 2 ideas
Salvax
post Feb 15 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,034

the bots r so great!!! I love them so much !!! I do have a lot of fun with the bots !!!

now My dear BOTs can have different Skins ,use SMG and Grenades to kill ~~~ cool!! and if i play with bots in DM ,it is very stable and no crash !!! the game becomes so hot !!!

TDM sometimes crashes,(tested in my own server and my friends server)

2 simple idears:

1] Could u add [Shift] action (rushing action) to bots for chasing his enemy ?

2] if the bots can use secondary weapon like SMG's Frag, that would be so cool !

3] if a bot stuck by some objects for a while, the bot should use gravity gun to push it away.

Thank u again !

PS:
[1.]if i set my bot default weapon as frag grenade, they have infinite grenades ?

[2.]why sometimes in DM , bot donot shoot me until i shoot them ?(sometimes even i shoot them, they look @ me and run away)

[3.]why sometimes bots loop back in a circle within 5 meters around?

[4.]could u explain how these two strings work ?
CODE
visionticks = 10
pathticks = 200

[5.]SMG Gunner bots shoot SMG like pistol(like Semi-Auto),could u let the bots hold the trigger ? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Salvax: Feb 16 2007, 12:10 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 16 2007, 01:21 AM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

1. yes I could do this, but chasing enemies aren't implemented yet at all, and I would rather implemented this as an AI method using a belief system (see *)

2. I guess I could do that as HL2 API allows me to see what weapon a bot is holding, although I would need to create a lot of code for such a simple thing to make the code neat and tidy and reusable as the bot preview is built from the framework (see *).

3. yes although, again the HL2 API is limited and finding the object a bot is stuck on is not a trivial task, it also may require some AI technique in there (see *)

ps1. That is because VALVe has no Weapon API and basically spawns a desired weapon onto the bot, that was not my code, the VALVe Source engine code spawns a weapon automatically if a bot does not have it's desired weapon, which is rather annoying and I can't help that until VALVe sorts out some useful Weapon API for 3rd party plugins.

ps2. increase visionticks to 32 (max = 32 atm)

ps3. The bot has reached its goal and has not found a new goal yet or is stuck finding a route for a new goal, this is common for a framework code since there are not many tasks a bot can have except roam around waypoints. Try increasing pathticks to help this.

ps4. pathticks see ps3, visionticks see ps2, increasing both of these howeever add extra stress to the CPU

ps5. this also could be done in the code but again requires some weapon handling code which isn't done yet, but intend to soon for the framework.

* The current preview is simply a build of the framework, the framework is limited to basic bot behaviour only. After I am happy with a bug-free fully adapted framework I will start a NEW bot built on this framework and have this as a seperate bot download altogether, but do not expect something like this for many months, if at all until VALVe gets their plugin API support sorted out.
+Quote Post
Salvax
post Feb 16 2007, 02:56 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

thx for the detailed explaining, if i wasted ur time i am sorry.

so what is the max value for
CODE
pathticks
?

and besides the testing work, what else can i do to help u, if u give me a chance it would be very much appreciated . smile.gif

thank u again. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 16 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #4

Admin

QUOTE(Salvax @ Feb 16 2007, 02:56 AM) *

thx for the detailed explaining, if i wasted ur time i am sorry.

so what is the max value for
CODE
pathticks
?

and besides the testing work, what else can i do to help u, if u give me a chance it would be very much appreciated . smile.gif

thank u again. laugh.gif

pathticks max infinite (or 2^32), but a good max value would be <number of waypoints in map>*<number of waypoints in map>. I wouldn't suggest that though
+Quote Post
Salvax
post Feb 17 2007, 02:32 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Feb 16 2007, 01:16 PM) *

pathticks max infinite (or 2^32), but a good max value would be <number of waypoints in map>*<number of waypoints in map>. I wouldn't suggest that though

hmmm, i tested the parameter below with 8 bots:

CODE
visionticks = 20
pathticks = 300

then my PC crashed, i had to push the reset key... (maybe my PC hardware problems,sometimes css also crashes my pc)ohmy.gif , i don't know if it was due to the parameter, but now i set it back to ur default value.

With the default value, sometimes bot can't see the player(or other bots) very close to him, even he is under attack, but when the bot is far from the player(or other bots), he would fire his weapon, could u fix this ?

PS:if i want the bots to fire secondary weapon(like SMG's Frag), where shall i start to edit the code ?

Thank You Very Much ! smile.gif
+Quote Post
Dragon
post Feb 17 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,038

finally i am registered!!!

So enyway, nice bots and stuff, but i noticed, that they actually try to ignore waypoints wich go from down to up (ex. stairs, mountsains, and so on)... Bots, if it posible, tries running on waypoints on the same level as they spawn. Quite confusing, then you want whem to get to the top in for ex. overwach map (well we sometimes use theose waypoints, but that happens rearelly)...

Off for more bug/and stuff/ reports smile.gif
+Quote Post
Salvax
post Feb 18 2007, 04:53 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

welcome !

and i noticed that,2.

PS:how can i disable teambalance in hl2:Dm ? as u know my friends and i wanna coop to fight against bots...i tried :

mp_autoteambalance 0
mp_limitteams 20

and not as lucky as in CS:S...there is no such command in hl2:DM... so can i add bots into one team only ?

and i get a new idea, if we set sv_gravity 400 or sv_gravity 500, maybe BOTs won't be stuck in objects.
+Quote Post
Dragon
post Feb 18 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #8

Heres me agen... So enyway... Can you make bots use healfchargers and hev charges if theres a waypoint by it (rg: charger) And how about use key waypoint type to handle buttons and stuff...?

Off 4 now
+Quote Post
Salvax
post Feb 19 2007, 07:13 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Dragon @ Feb 18 2007, 09:15 PM) *

Heres me agen... So enyway... Can you make bots use healfchargers and hev charges if theres a waypoint by it (rg: charger) And how about use key waypoint type to handle buttons and stuff...?

Off 4 now

if i donot misunderstand u, u mean the AUX Power, right ? As Cheeseh said, it needs more work.
+Quote Post
Dragon
post Feb 19 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Salvax @ Feb 19 2007, 07:13 AM) *

if i donot misunderstand u, u mean the AUX Power, right ? As Cheeseh said, it needs more work.

well yes, kinda aux power... But i was talking about use "key" waypoint
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 19 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #11

Admin

all that stuff will be in the To-do list, obviosuly they are pretty basic behaviours you would expect a player to do online. Also ladder waypoints aren't implemented yet (except giving them ladder waypoint types) but they don't recognise this yet, that's also why bots won't climb ladders yet.

The bots stucki n bojects thing is partially VALVes hand again, bots don't seem to completely fulfil all the physics on the server such as an object hitting them, it takes about a second before the hit registers, there seems to be a latency between bots and objects that use physics. There is some simple stuck code that makes bots jump when they think they are stuck. Using a gravity gun to push objects away might help but thats beyond the scope at the moment.
+Quote Post
SuperHebbe
post Feb 23 2007, 06:46 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 1,040

Could you please add a pinned thread of your todo list? biggrin.gif
Then we don't have to ask so many questions smile.gif

Thanks
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 23 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #13

Admin

bleh. you get your wish tongue.gif

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=999
+Quote Post
SuperHebbe
post Feb 23 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 1,040

ty sir smile.gif
+Quote Post
Salvax
post Feb 23 2007, 02:01 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Thank You, Captain.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:18 AM