IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RCBot2: suggestions, As the topic sez... some suggestions for future RC Bot releases
Fillmore
post Jun 16 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #21

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

Just a suggestion:

- snipebots aim in the head of enemies when sniping. To avoid aimbot snipers, a variable will tell either how much his aim can be off, or propability that he'll bodyshot.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Doomer1
post Aug 12 2010, 08:15 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,871

First i wanted to commend you on some excellent work I love the bots. My two kids are new to the game and still young and letting them play with bots keeps them away from the adult language in regular servers. So thank you for your hard work.

Most of the suggestions we wanted to share have been mentioned but I guess it won't hurt to add a few comments.

Medics - We would love to see some ubercharge atacks. When we establish a good sentry section it would be more challenging if we had to deal with some ubercharges.

Engineers - Is there anyway to get them to stay close to what they have built. It seems they build and then frolic off alot smile.gif

Heavys - in the latest version they tend to shoot at walls and floors or friendly players occaisionally and then hop alot. THeys still fight when attacked but their behavior seems erratic which maybe be why the medics dont heal them or team up with them.

Scouts work great btw Love em.

Snipers do as well

Spys have definitely improved and are almost as annoying as real ones smile.gif

Just a few things we noticed in the games we play, We cannot wait for the next version and look forward to seeing what you dream up next.

Sincerely,

Doomer1 and his siblings Doomer Jr. and Misfire.

P.S. We would love to see waypoints for all the default maps. Any chance you could get the community to assemble a default map waypoint pack?
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Aug 18 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #23

RCBot Guru

Here would be a bunch of things to recommend:

- All bots, excluding the Spy and Scout, should push ahead when a Medic of their team activates a ubercharge.

- Using the dispenser spotting code, the RCbots could spot teleporter entrances they want to use, and stand still on them, like they do when waiting for health or ammo.

- Snipers should be allowed to headshot, with a variable for bodyshotting (should always be high enough to avoid Aimbot snipers)

- Bots should stop taunting when picking up health or ammo and do it when killing a player (random chance) or when they win a round (4 seconds to tauntfest, to let them kill off the losers)

-There should be a sentry belief mark, so bots can 'remember' where a sentry might be. When they near the mark, they might say 'sentry ahead!'

-They also need to actually know where they are. Bots wouldn't be so easy to beat with a lvl3 sentry alone and Spies would harass Engies a lot more.
+Quote Post
MarD
post Oct 30 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #24

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 419

Heyyo,

I was wondering if at all possible to add support for the Source SDK Base 2007? I would love to see RCbot2 working in Goldeneye Source Beta4 since it's now shaping up to be a fantastic mod, but the player base is quite small at the moment. sad.gif

Right now I can get it to load rcbot2 adding in this...

CODE
#
mod = CUSTOM
steamdir = source sdk base 2007
gamedir = gesource
bot = HL2DM

Without that it just crashes.. but then I try to use any command and I get "you do not have access to this command" even though I have both my actual SteamID and the "STEAM_ID_LAN" both set to 63 AND of course I make sure "sv_cheats 1" first.

[EDIT1]
LOL! wth.. apparently my "addons" folder in sourcemods\gesource\addons" has "access denied" which is weird... cause that's where I had the .vdf for loading the bot originally before it crashed a few times and decided to test with console commands.. really odd.

[EDIT2]
K after more messing around after a reboot the addons folder just vanished oddly enough.. anywho after that I made a new .vdf loader in the sourcemods\gesource\addons folder with the hpb_bot2.dll in the source sdk base 2007\bin folder? and it worked! I made basic waypoints for ge_library_classic.. but alas.. no bot spawning with accessclients.ini set to either "mod = CUSTOM" or "bot = CSS" or "bot = HL2DM".. I don't think it likes the spawn interface of Goldenye Source, it gives me a "unknown command: bot" everytime.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Oct 31 2010, 07:43 AM
Post #25

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(MarD @ Oct 30 2010, 03:29 PM) *

it gives me a "unknown command: bot" everytime.

i'm just in the process of releasing a new bot with the old bot spawning method for mods other than TF2
+Quote Post
MarD
post Nov 1 2010, 01:27 AM
Post #26

RCBot Fan

Heyyo,

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Oct 30 2010, 11:43 PM) *

i'm just in the process of releasing a new bot with the old bot spawning method for mods other than TF2

OMFG YES! Love you Cheeseh, that is very win. biggrin.gif

[EDIT1]
Btw you need waypoints for a mod to test with lemme know and I'll do up a map for it. wink.gif

[EDIt2]
Well just incase one of the mods you wanna test is Goldeneye Source beta 4 since it's active attached is waypoints for ge_library_classic to test with for now. Nothing special just fully waypointed map just needs types for weapon pickups and ammo pickups and such.. I didn't add any of the tf2 flags cause they might make bots camp the stuff for the wrong things, lol.

The only spot on this map I didn't waypoint are the two hidden passages to the secret way in and out of the basement of the library (incase you don't know where it is, just noclip and zoom around the outside you'll see the walls and the paths behind them.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Rcbot2_waypoint_ge_library_classic.zip ( 9.96k ) Number of downloads: 28
+Quote Post
dzoo
post Nov 2 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 1,876

getting cooler from time to time, these RCBots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm looking forward to the following improvements
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Nov 2 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #28

Admin

QUOTE(dzoo @ Nov 2 2010, 11:42 AM) *

getting cooler from time to time, these RCBots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm looking forward to the following improvements
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok , i've uploaded a test DLL . 0.58 , dl from source forge

- TF2: bots already capturing the point don't return to defend points if they're being captured
- Orange Box: compatible with orange box HL2DM and other orange box mods
- returned bot spawn system back to normal for mods other than TF2

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcbot2/fil...ta.zip/download

please test for Tf2 , HL2dm and other mods , as they will all be affected, no new changes except those above
+Quote Post
MarD
post Nov 3 2010, 07:36 AM
Post #29

RCBot Fan

Heyyo,

Cool stuff! Thus far though I am not having any luck trying it with Goldeneye Source Beta 4, Empires 2.25 (I still need to download latest) and Pirates Vikings and Knights II.. any idea what they should bet set in the "bot_mods.ini" file? Here's what I tried.. they load and I can waypoint but if I try to add bots they crash with no error messages.

CODE
#
mod = CUSTOM
steamdir = pirates, vikings, and knights ii
gamedir = pvkii
bot = HL2DM
#
mod = CUSTOM
gamedir = gesource
bot = HL2DM
#
mod = CUSTOM
gamedir = Empires
bot = HL2DM

If I set both mod and bot to "TF2" I get the "Unknown Command: bot" but if I change the mod or bot to any other type the game crashes on add. sad.gif
+Quote Post
MarD
post Nov 29 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #30

RCBot Fan

Heyyo,

Hmm, Yeah Cheeseh I can't get Rcbot2 0.58 to even work in CSS. Gives me the same error as before.

CODE
] rcbot addbot
[RCBot] bot added
Unknown command: bot

It would be cool to see rcbot working in mods cause I'd love me some Goldeneye Source with bots since there's like... no one online, lol. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 5 2010, 09:11 AM
Post #31

Admin

QUOTE(MarD @ Nov 29 2010, 06:53 PM) *

Heyyo,

Hmm, Yeah Cheeseh I can't get Rcbot2 0.58 to even work in CSS. Gives me the same error as before.

CODE
] rcbot addbot
[RCBot] bot added
Unknown command: bot

It would be cool to see rcbot working in mods cause I'd love me some Goldeneye Source with bots since there's like... no one online, lol. tongue.gif

if the game crashes then chances are its just like the old tf2 bot adding method, when it used to crash. Unfortunately theres nothing ~I can do about it cos its an engine problem i believe, it doesnt crash in the bot code.
+Quote Post
WillardZ
post Dec 11 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 1,881

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Nov 2 2010, 06:16 AM) *

please test for Tf2 , HL2dm and other mods , as they will all be affected, no new changes except those above

Never mind.
+Quote Post
Sjru
post Feb 17 2011, 12:18 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,567

Just some ideas for bots behaviour (Only if the bots are still being developed):

* Engineers should prioritize rebuilding their destroyed sentry near their dispenser (If it wasn't destroyed and there is a sentry waypoint near it). Because i've found that sometimes when bots (manages) to destroy a engineer sentry (but not his dispenser) he would leave the dispenser alone to rebuild his sentry on another sentry location.

* Medics should not uber you randomly. (BTW: fix them, their lag until they heal makes them somewhat useless as healers)

* Perhaps a bit hard to do, but bots should "organise" themselves as scuads and harass as a group. I don't want to see anymore an entire team failing just because they attack alone and disorganised.

* Enemy disguised spies should stop staring at you as if they've just watched some goatse, so they could become a little less suspicious. Also, perhaps they could use their "lastdisguise" button to switch their weapon disguises to something more useful (engineer disguise with wrench instead of shotgun.)

* Basic support for medieval mode (I don't expect anything further than bots using their melee weapons).

* When there are no waypoints nearby, bots should "move" randomly in any direction instead of standing still, (See TFC FoXboT).

* Basic code support for loadout weapons, or any other weapon they may be handling that are not defaults (So if they suddenly get stripped of their main and secondary weapon but not their melee, they may switch to it instead of being rendered useless and having "civilian" neutral pose.

________________________________________________________________________________

* There should be an option to make a waypoint class specific, such as doublejump waypoints only to scouts or rocketjump to soldiers. I mean a separate option because just restricting doublejump to scouts and rocketjumps could break the waypoints on some maps where such waypoints share connections to others. (So it's only neccesary to add waypoints specific to rocket/doublejump).

* Make a waypoint option for "control point capture". While the actual method is OK for most maps it makes trouble for those hybrid CTF/CP maps. This would add compatibility which such maps. The other method should be still be used, however.

* Add some basic bot-chat options, just to inform other players what they will do (ie; "Attemping to cap a point;uberchanging X;chasing down Z;defending intelligence/CP", and so on.
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Feb 19 2011, 07:44 AM
Post #34

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Sjru @ Feb 17 2011, 12:18 AM) *

Just some ideas for bots behaviour (Only if the bots are still being developed):

* Engineers should prioritize rebuilding their destroyed sentry near their dispenser (If it wasn't destroyed and there is a sentry waypoint near it). Because i've found that sometimes when bots (manages) to destroy a engineer sentry (but not his dispenser) he would leave the dispenser alone to rebuild his sentry on another sentry location.

* Medics should not uber you randomly. (BTW: fix them, their lag until they heal makes them somewhat useless as healers)

They don't, they uber you when you get hit, they get hit or they see an enemy. But I think they should use the uber when attacking a control point and upon sight of enemies.

* Perhaps a bit hard to do, but bots should "organise" themselves as scuads and harass as a group. I don't want to see anymore an entire team failing just because they attack alone and disorganised.

This is possible but the method to accomplish it is very difficult.

* Enemy disguised spies should stop staring at you as if they've just watched some goatse, so they could become a little less suspicious. Also, perhaps they could use their "lastdisguise" button to switch their weapon disguises to something more useful (engineer disguise with wrench instead of shotgun.)

This sounds simple. Just make spies ignore enemies other than their targets. But it could be made better.

* Basic support for medieval mode (I don't expect anything further than bots using their melee weapons).

Pretty simple to make, at the moment just play all-demoman teams(the only bots who consistently use their melee weapon.)

* When there are no waypoints nearby, bots should "move" randomly in any direction instead of standing still, (See TFC FoXboT).

* Basic code support for loadout weapons, or any other weapon they may be handling that are not defaults (So if they suddenly get stripped of their main and secondary weapon but not their melee, they may switch to it instead of being rendered useless and having "civilian" neutral pose.

That might be difficult to accomplish, but maybe...

________________________________________________________________________________

* There should be an option to make a waypoint class specific, such as doublejump waypoints only to scouts or rocketjump to soldiers. I mean a separate option because just restricting doublejump to scouts and rocketjumps could break the waypoints on some maps where such waypoints share connections to others. (So it's only neccesary to add waypoints specific to rocket/doublejump).

I agree with this one. I've seen so many engineers fall down holes and other classes running into walls because they couldn't double or rocket jump as demanded by the waypoint.

* Make a waypoint option for "control point capture". While the actual method is OK for most maps it makes trouble for those hybrid CTF/CP maps. This would add compatibility which such maps. The other method should be still be used, however.

* Add some basic bot-chat options, just to inform other players what they will do (ie; "Attemping to cap a point;uberchanging X;chasing down Z;defending intelligence/CP", and so on.

They should also use pretty much a lot of their voice commands. (Help, Nice shot, etc.)

You got some nice ideas in there. Let's hope that they're added someday. I added the lines written in Italic.
+Quote Post
Sjru
post Feb 19 2011, 05:49 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,567

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Feb 19 2011, 04:44 AM) *

You got some nice ideas in there. Let's hope that they're added someday. I added the lines written in Italic.

Yeah, it's nice to dream. Honestly, with just Cheseeh it would take a "while" to do some of those things.
I also think that the best way to go is to send a mail to Robin Walker and have the bots featured on the blog. With that, we ensure that somebody would apply to give extra help coding RCBot.

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Feb 19 2011, 04:44 AM) *
Pretty simple to make, at the moment just play all-demoman teams(the only bots who consistently use their melee weapon.)

The only reliable way I found to make an entire team to play melee is to use a SM plugin (I think it's called meleemode) and enable it. Then use the command cc_bot_selectweaponslot to force bots to use the melee slot. Otherwise they remain in civilian reference pose because they try to use their normal weapons. It was also neccesary to use a script to repeat the cc_... command.

Here are other suggestions:

* Carth path waypoint: Even since bots follow the cart around, they sometimes "forget" where it is and, depending on how the map was waypointed, thing could just get slow or hinder a team advancement. With this kind of waypoint, the waypointer just would need to add that waypoint to the "cart path" and set the dependant area. So the bots, if they are lost, they know where to go to find the cart.

* Demo's layin' of stickies should be checked: I suggest a "sticky" waypoint (Probably better with radius) where the demomen should lay it's stickies. Of course he should lay stickies on dropped intelligences, while continuing to do its job on CP. Also defending demos should lay stickies on the cart and it's surroundings.

* Spies should desist to zap buildings while there are many enemies around. (Since now bots spot spies zapping buildings) and instead try to catch another prey while alone. On the other hand, spies SHOULD try to (At least) give up his life to zap a sentry WHILE other teammates are attacking the area, even if there are many enemies around. This would up the success rate of those attacks. Also, if possible, to train spies to stab'n'zap the engineer and their sentry.

* A "Visibility check" waypoint: Such waypoint would have normal visiblity checks (those when you create waypoints) when a bot attemp to use that waypoint. If the check fails, the bot would ignore that waypoint and look for other one. This would allow waypointing of changing areas, such as tc_hydro, when some areas are changed with walls or other obstacles, which cannot be pathed with normal "areaonly" or "area" waypoints.

* I don't know if it's possible, but perhaps RCBot could "use" or "borrow" the TFBot method of spawning bots, just to prevent the use of sv_cheats. Also, perhaps, if possible, revise and check TFBot to see how to fix the Medic-healing, heavy super-spread, and pyro invisible flame.

* A quick edit to the script system, to allow multi-cp maps such as cp_gravelpit to allow bots to try to cap both waypoints at once. Generally, a way to have advanced scripts without complicatin' that much.

* Allow pyro's to set friendly snipers huntman's arrows on fire (Notice that this happens accidentally if your hunstman sniper is near an attacking friendly pyro, as there are invisible flames).

* Basic spycheck?: Make bots suspect of a spy when they bump into an "teammate". * Make bots to suspect of those "teammates" that are staring/looking at them too much. * If bots suspect, make them to intentionally "bump" into the "teammate" to confirm if it's a spy. If it's is a pyro, or a bot with surplus ammo, instead make them to shoot to the "teammate", if the bots sees that the "teammate" is injured from the hit, make them proceed to confirm that it's a spy and kill it.

* A water type waypoint: As it's suggests: When a waypoint is flagged as "water" bots would try to go to such waypoints when they're burned/jarate'd/or other condition. Of course, that would need extra waypointing.

* Perhaps unlikely but I'll suggest it anyways: Add the ability for the engies to haul their buildings to appropiate locations if their "area" was moved. (eg in cp_granary, when 1 CP remains and the engi is still camping with his sentry on the other part of the map). This would allow the engy to move his nest to a nearer "area" (Which is set by the script) while remaining useful to his team.

* A "control" type waypoint, why?: RCBots gameplay is restricted to the map suffix (cp, to control point, ctf, to capture the flag, etc), which is a major hindrance on some custom maps, specially hybrid ones (CTF and CP). Having a waypoint that allows you to set the goals of the maps could be a good, easy way to solve this issue. Also, it would bots to play the gameplay mode that those maps offer, without being forced to change the name of that map to those of the gameplay (I've seen CP maps that are not suffixed CP). Incidentaly, bots should not use this kind of waypoint.
+Quote Post
dzoo
post May 2 2011, 08:30 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 1,876

I saw a video of the so-called Saigns Server.
these servers there are Bots like Rcbot2
they differ only:

- They wear hats
- and behave like other players (jump, talk,taunt, other)

the only problem
you need Premium access to the server! ph34r.gif
:8
These bots may cause a lot of ideas for future rcbot2
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=674tz4gA0wQ

and a Saigns and TfBots fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywbjC1xgSgQ...feature=related

+Quote Post
Shans
post Nov 11 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 2,099

please add support for insurgency the most realistic hl2 mod and cs promod
+Quote Post
TesterYYY
post Jan 27 2013, 11:39 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 2,251

* Can you make better rcbot waypoint menu because It's annoying to open everytime menu when I select only one option from menu it get closed. Waypoint option menu needs button OK so when you are ready you just press button and save waypoint settings.
* Add some waypointer settings in rc bot launcher to enable waypoints/pathwaypoints in game, enable some special waypointer binds (cfg, add, del, menu etc.)
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jan 27 2013, 12:59 PM
Post #39

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(TesterYYY @ Jan 27 2013, 11:39 AM) *

* Can you make better rcbot waypoint menu because It's annoying to open everytime menu when I select only one option from menu it get closed. Waypoint option menu needs button OK so when you are ready you just press button and save waypoint settings.
* Add some waypointer settings in rc bot launcher to enable waypoints/pathwaypoints in game, enable some special waypointer binds (cfg, add, del, menu etc.)

While the "enable waypoints/pathwaypoints in-game" option in the launcher sounds nice, those binds could be easily made by yourself and the console.

I've never used the menu, I just binded necessary commands biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Jan 28 2013, 02:59 AM
Post #40

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,098

Yo Fillmore can you show us your binds so I we'll have an idea how to do it like for
example wpts binds for snipers and ladders and flags etc?
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:52 AM