IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rcbot 2 for Zombie Panic Source, I need help on installing it and setting it up for zps
zotus
post Mar 8 2015, 03:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,374

Hi, I have my own server on Zombie Panic Source and I was wondering how to set up rcbot 2 on it and how to set up the bot_mods.ini file, I set it up like I would think you would but it still isn't working right.
Attached Image

If you need more pictures or info please ask!

I'm not sure what's wrong but I hope you guys can help me.
Thanks, Zotus
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SPYderman
post Mar 8 2015, 05:29 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,299

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=12452
Yeah, I haven't tried the game with this AI myself but I'm not too sure how it'd work as it's not a supported mod.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 8 2015, 07:25 PM
Post #3

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Hi zotus,

See SPYderman's link above first, and follow Cheeseh's instructions, but you will need to change steamdir from orangebox to what you have. The console error message is telling you how to set it. Copy what it shows for steamdir to your bot_mods.ini, like this ...

steamdir = Zombie Panic! Source Dedicated Server
gamedir = zps

Welcome to RCbot forums... let us know if it works ok... wink.gif
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 8 2015, 08:27 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 8 2015, 07:25 PM) *

Hi zotus,

See SPYderman's link above first, and follow Cheeseh's instructions, but you will need to change steamdir from orangebox to what you have. The console error message is telling you how to set it. Copy what it shows for steamdir to your bot_mods.ini, like this ...

gamedir = zps

Welcome to RCbot forums... let us know if it works ok... wink.gif

Thank you so much, I added it like you said and what the link said and I got the same thing. BUT when I tried loading the plugin HPB_Bot2o.dll I got this... IPB Image
It found it and I don't know what's wrong with this, maybe installation is wrong?

BTW Thanks for welcoming me to the cool community. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 8 2015, 09:28 PM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

Okay, typed up offline before seeing the 2nd picture, refers to first picture, may be useful:

It still looks like its not finding the bot_mods.ini

It may not be finding the rcbot2 folder, for dedicated server it should be down inside the server folder if you are using the HPB_Bot2o.dll. If you are using the HPB_Bot2.dll, then the rcbot2 folder should be in your users folder. If both dll's are in the bin folder and you are loading the wrong one for the rcbot2 folder location, you will probably get this error. Be sure you are loading the correct dll, for the rcbot2 folder location.

If this is a remote or rented server, i'd highly suggest using the HPB_Bot2o.dll with the rcbot2 folder down inside the server folder, next to the zps and bin folders (bin with the dll's). If it's a LAN server, you can probably use the other dll & rcbot2 folder location, either should work for LAN.

If you can't figure it out from this, post the paths to the hpb_bot dll, the zps folder, and the rcbot2 folder. The dll's do not go in the bin folder inside the zps folder, they should be in the bin folder next to the zps folder. Doing this all from memory, so I hope this is right???

Anyways, try my suggestions and post back, it may be a few hours before I can check back?

Try putting the hpb_bot2o.dll down in the bin folder, remove the hpb_bot2.dll, then plugin_load hpb_bot2o.dll . Looks like it can't find the dll now...
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 8 2015, 09:34 PM
Post #6

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm still getting the same error not sure.
EDIT: The only problem to the plugin_load HPB_Bot2o.dll is this=
[RCBOT] Cannot open game server interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERBOTMANAGER IBotManager g_pBotManager
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 8 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #7

RCBot Guru

Is this on LAN or Rented?

Are there 2 rcbot2 folders? Is there one in users too? If so you could try loading the hpb_bot2.dll if this is on a local LAN? If you tried loading the wrong dll I think it will make a fake rcbot2 folder with missing files & folders. Doe's that rcbot2 folder have all the files & folders?
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 8 2015, 09:53 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 8 2015, 09:45 PM) *

Is this on LAN or Rented?

Are there 2 rcbot2 folders? Is there one in users too? If so you could try loading the hpb_bot2.dll if this is on a local LAN? If you tried loading the wrong dll I think it will make a fake rcbot2 folder with missing files & folders. Doe's that rcbot2 folder have all the files & folders?

This is LAN. Yes there is one in users and my first picture is the one I loaded with plugin_load HPB_bot2.dll. The other folder is in my server directory.
I never saw a folder with rcbot2 with nothing in it.

So I installed rcbot 2 to my users folder. Then I have one folder where my srcds.exe is located and I have my two dlls in the bin folder.

Edit: I put my files of rcbot 2 where you said to put them and now it doesn't even know they are there anymore and it says cant find plugin. I originally had rcbot2 installed in the users folder then by my srcds.exe but in the folder "zps" and in the zps folder there was also a bin and everything for soucemod and metamod, maybe the files need to go there?
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 8 2015, 09:55 PM
Post #9

RCBot Guru

Okay, put the hpb_bot2.dll in the bin folder & try that. If that does not work compare the 2 , and see which one is missing stuff, it won't be completely empty...

EDit .. should be in username (owner folder) i think? depending on win version, I'm on old XP so its a bit different ...

No not in SM or MM , won't work there...

Post the bot_mods.ini , what you have now...
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 8 2015, 10:03 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 8 2015, 09:55 PM) *

Okay, put the hpb_bot2.dll in the bin folder & try that. If that does not work compare the 2 , and see which one is missing stuff, it won't be completely empty...

EDit .. should be in username (owner folder) i think? depending on win version, I'm on old XP so its a bit different ...

when I type plugin_load HPB_Bot2o.dll:

] plugin_load HPB_bot2o.dll
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERINFOMANAGER IPlayerInfoManager playerinfomanager
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_VENGINESERVER IVEngineServer engine
Trying... VFileSystem022
Trying... VFileSystem021
Trying... VFileSystem020
Trying... VFileSystem019
Trying... VFileSystem018
Trying... VFileSystem017
[RCBOT] Found interface "VFileSystem" IFileSystem filesystem, ver = 017
[RCBot] HL2 MOD ID 11 (Steam Folder = Zombie Panic! Source Dedicated Server) (Game Folder = zps) FOUND
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_ISERVERPLUGINHELPERS IServerPluginHelpers helpers
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_ENGINETRACE_SERVER IEngineTrace enginetrace
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_SERVERGAMEENTS IServerGameEnts servergameents
[RCBOT] Found interface IEFFECTS_INTERFACE_VERSION IEffects g_pEffects
[RCBOT] Cannot open game server interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERBOTMANAGER IBotManager g_pBotManager
Failed to load plugin "HPB_bot2o.dll"
Unable to load plugin "HPB_bot2o.dll"

When I type HPB_bot2.dll:
] plugin_load HPB_bot2.dll
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERINFOMANAGER IPlayerInfoManager playerinfomanager
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_VENGINESERVER IVEngineServer engine
Trying... VFileSystem022
Trying... VFileSystem021
Trying... VFileSystem020
Trying... VFileSystem019
Trying... VFileSystem018
Trying... VFileSystem017
[RCBOT] Found interface "VFileSystem" IFileSystem filesystem, ver = 017
[RCBot] HL2 MODIFICATION "Zombie Panic! Source Dedicated Server/zps" NOT FOUND, EXITING... see bot_mods.ini in bot config folder
[BOT ERROR] Mod not found. Please edit the bot_mods.ini in the bot config folder
gamedir = zps
Failed to load plugin "HPB_bot2.dll"
Unable to load plugin "HPB_bot2.dll"

Edit: It's not in my sourcemod or meta mod folder I was just using them as an example as where the files are.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 8 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #11

RCBot Guru

seems to be closer with the hpb_bot2.dll
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 8 2015, 10:10 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 8 2015, 09:55 PM) *

In my bot_mods.ini I have this (Im in Users folder where rcbot2 installled with installer.)

# EXAMPLE MOD FILE# valid mod types
# ---------------
# CSS
# TF2
# HL2DM
# HL1DM
# FF
# SVENCOOP2
# TIMCOOP
# NS2
# SYNERGY
# DOD
#
# valid bot types
# ---------------
# CSS
# TF2
# HL2DM
# HL1DM
# FF
# COOP
# ZOMBIE
# DOD
#
#dedicated server defaults
#
#mod = CSS
#steamdir = orangebox
#gamedir = cstrike
#bot = CSS
#
#mod = TF2
#steamdir = orangebox
#gamedir = tf
#bot = TF2
#
#mod = FF
#steamdir = sourcemods
#gamedir = ff
#bot = FF
#
#mod = HL2DM
#steamdir = orangebox
#gamedir = hl2mp
#bot = HL2DM
#
#mod = HL1DM
#steamdir = orangebox
#gamedir = hl1dm
#bot = HL1DM
#
#mod = DOD
#steamdir = orangebox
#gamedir = dod
#bot = DOD
#
#mod = SYNERGY
#steamdir = synergy
#gamedir = synergy
#bot = COOP

gamedir = zps

mod = CUSTOM
gamedir = zps
bot = ZOMBIE

now here is my server folder one=
# EXAMPLE MOD FILE# valid mod types
# ---------------
# CSS
# TF2
# HL2DM
# HL1DM
# FF
# SVENCOOP2
# TIMCOOP
# NS2
# SYNERGY
# DOD
# ZPS
# CUSTOM
#
# valid bot types
# ---------------
# CSS
# TF2
# HL2DM
# HL1DM
# FF
# COOP
# ZOMBIE
# DOD
#
#dedicated server defaults
#
#mod = CSS
#steamdir = orangebox
#gamedir = cstrike
#bot = CSS
#
#mod = TF2
#steamdir = orangebox
#gamedir = tf
#bot = TF2
#
#mod = FF
#steamdir = sourcemods
#gamedir = ff
#bot = FF
#
#mod = HL2DM
#steamdir = orangebox
#gamedir = hl2mp
#bot = HL2DM
#
#mod = HL1DM
#steamdir = orangebox
#gamedir = hl1dm
#bot = HL1DM
#
#mod = DOD
#steamdir = orangebox
#gamedir = dod
#bot = DOD
#
#mod = SYNERGY
#steamdir = synergy
#gamedir = synergy
#bot = COOP

mod = CUSTOM
gamedir = zps
bot = ZOMBIE

mod = CUSTOM
gamedir = zps
bot = ZOMBIE

mod = Zombie Panic! Source Dedicated Server/zps
gamedir = zps
bot = ZOMBIE

mod = CUSTOM
gamedir = zps
bot = ZOMBIE

mod = Zombie Panic! Source Dedicated Server
gamedir = zps
bot = ZOMBIE

mod = CUSTOM
gamedir = zps
bot = ZOMBIE

Really? I thought the hpb_bot2o.dll looked like it was closer. Not sure.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 8 2015, 10:13 PM
Post #13

RCBot Guru

Just use this one...

mod = CUSTOM
gamedir = zps
bot = ZOMBIE

not sure what multiple entrys will do? maybe nothing?
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 8 2015, 10:14 PM
Post #14

Okay it finds the mod and everything. It just has this one error:

+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 8 2015, 10:25 PM
Post #15

RCBot Guru

Okay,

1. if using dedi, it doesnt need to be installed to client

2. but I suggest try running from client/listen server to test first, as dedi is harder to get working... you don't need to use the bot_mods.ini for listen server. On listen server the game folder should be in \steamapps\common. Use the installer for listenserver.

Perhaps you have tried this, does it work on listen server/client?

+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 8 2015, 10:29 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 8 2015, 10:25 PM) *

Okay,

1. if using dedi, it doesnt need to be installed to client

2. but I suggest try running from client/listen server to test first, as dedi is harder to get working... you don't need to use the bot_mods.ini for listen server. On listen server the game folder should be in \steamapps\common. Use the installer for listenserver.

Perhaps you have tried this, does it work on listen server/client?

When I ran the installer it would ask for steam username and would search your steam folders for the games supported and it never had anything for zps. not sure. I am using a dedicated server though if you need to know that.
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 8 2015, 10:55 PM
Post #17

Edit: Okay I know for sure I have a dedicated server, both the dll files when I load them are the same and are so close to having the bots work but they both get stuck on [RCBOT] Cannot open game server interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERBOTMANAGER IBotManager g_pBotManager I don't know if it's my server or if it is a coding errror on rcbot2 or what. I hope you or someone can help me, other than that error I think it would work.
Extra Edit: Correct me if i'm wrong but the error seems to me that the interface version for playerbotmanager cant load because it's outdated?
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 8 2015, 10:55 PM
Post #18

RCBot Guru

Hmmm, okay maybe it won't work from listen server, as not being supported?

Well i'm not a dedi expert and only know what I have read here. I think there are some other posts on zombie panic, I'm not sure if anyone has had success? Check those posts...

Maybe start over with the rcbot dedi install. Remove all bot stuff, verifiy it all works without bots, then install bots fresh... try a manual install of the bots for dedi. The hpb_bot2o.dll is usually what works for dedi, manually put the rcbot2 folder into the server folder, i'm not sure if the installer will do it correctly for dedi? There are some manual install instructions in dods & Tf2 that may help. Try changing the server folder name (shorter, but probably not that) if you do a complete reinstall, but I'd just remove & start over with RCbot.

I'm on dialup, so need to free my phone line a while ,but will check back later... Im not sure why you are getting that error with the hpb_bot2o.dll, but it seems the actual working rcbot2 folder was up in users, so it needs to be down in the server folder when using the hpb_bot2o.dll. If either dll is going to work for dedi, it will be the hpb_bot2o.dll, there have been problems using the hpb_bot2.dll on dedi, but I think it's mostly when people are using rented servers...

EDIT:What version of rcbot are you using, I assume it's 0.96?

EDIT2: There may be an incompatabilty, but I'd try a fresh rcbot install, you could try a couple different rcbot versions if you want to spend the time??? But I don't know if it has ever worked???
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 8 2015, 11:04 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 8 2015, 10:55 PM) *

Hmmm, okay maybe it won't work from listen server, as not being supported?

Well i'm not a dedi expert and only know what I have read here. I think there are some other posts on zombie panic, I'm not sure if anyone has had success? Check those posts...

Maybe start over with the rcbot dedi install. Remove all bot stuff, verifiy it all works without bots, then install bots fresh... try a manual install of the bots for dedi. The hpb_bot2o.dll is usually what works for dedi, manually put the rcbot2 folder into the server folder, i'm not sure if the installer will do it correctly for dedi? There are some manual install instructions in dods & Tf2 that may help. Try changing the server folder name (shorter, but probably not that) if you do a complete reinstall, but I'd just remove & start over with RCbot.

I'm on dialup, so need to free my phone line a while ,but will check back later... Im not sure why you are getting that error with the hpb_bot2o.dll, but it seems the actual working rcbot2 folder was up in users, so it needs to be down in the server folder when using the hpb_bot2o.dll. If either dll is going to work for dedi, it will be the hpb_bot2o.dll, there have been problems using the hpb_bot2.dll on dedi, but I think it's mostly when people are using rented servers...

EDIT:What version of rcbot are you using, I assume it's 0.96?

Yes 0.96 I know that BOTH the dll work till the one error. do you think you could send me a link to the files because I used the installer and took all the files and dragged and dropped.

EDIT: I think I know the problem!!!! I thought of when I saw a tutorial for the hl2dm server for rcbots2 and realized it came with a file that I think was for metamod, Im not sure but this might be the problem!

QUOTE(zotus @ Mar 8 2015, 11:02 PM) *

Yes 0.96 I know that BOTH the dll work till the one error. do you think you could send me a link to the files because I used the installer and took all the files and dragged and dropped.

EDIT: I think I know the problem!!!! I thought of when I saw a tutorial for the hl2dm server for rcbots2 and realized it came with a file that I think was for metamod, Im not sure but this might be the problem!

Edit 2: I'm pretty sure it works because I know 3 servers with bots, I just don't know if it's rcbots2...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 8 2015, 11:13 PM
Post #20

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

RCBOT] Cannot open game server interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERBOTMANAGER IBotManager g_pBotManager

this error is a bummer which basically means there are no bot interfaces for this mod. rcbot relies on this to work.

There will be no way to load this bot with the current version you are using. you could try the beta metamod DLL

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=13261

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:56 AM