IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rcbot 2 for Zombie Panic Source, I need help on installing it and setting it up for zps
madmax2
post Mar 8 2015, 11:15 PM
Post #21

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Yes 0.96 I know that BOTH the dll work till the one error. do you think you could send me a link to the files because I used the installer and took all the files and dragged and dropped.

Just extract the files/folders from the installer, thats the only way to get them...

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/

Searched zombie panic here, the only confirmed success I found was in 2008, so it may of broke? But keep trying, it may work, just not sure...?

I gota go for a while but will check back later... wink.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Oh, bummer, but I think he is using the the "official" 0.96 release, not the latest test dll's .... does that matter????

Never mind, think i'm getting loopy... tongue.gif Going to take a break ... so anyways , HI Cheeseh....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 8 2015, 11:29 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,374

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 8 2015, 11:13 PM) *

RCBOT] Cannot open game server interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERBOTMANAGER IBotManager g_pBotManager

this error is a bummer which basically means there are no bot interfaces for this mod. rcbot relies on this to work.

There will be no way to load this bot with the current version you are using. you could try the beta metamod DLL

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=13261

I installed it but when I do meta list in server it says failed, maybe you can tell me how to install it?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 8 2015, 11:32 PM
Post #23

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(zotus @ Mar 9 2015, 12:29 AM) *

I installed it but when I do meta list in server it says failed, maybe you can tell me how to install it?

you need metamod installed in addons/ fodler
put rcbot vdf in addons/metamod/
put rcbot2meta in addons/
put hookinfo.ini in rcbot2/config

disable HPB_Bot2 vdf in your normal addons folder
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 8 2015, 11:41 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 8 2015, 11:32 PM) *

you need metamod installed in addons/ fodler
put rcbot vdf in addons/metamod/
put rcbot2meta in addons/
put hookinfo.ini in rcbot2/config

disable HPB_Bot2 vdf in your normal addons folder

What do you mean disable HPB_Bot2 vdf? I don't think I ever had that file...

QUOTE(zotus @ Mar 8 2015, 11:35 PM) *

I don't know if this matters but Zombie Panic Source USED to have bots but the developers took them away.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 9 2015, 12:29 AM
Post #25

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(zotus @ Mar 8 2015, 03:41 PM) *

He just wants to be sure you are not loading both the standard and meta versions at same time. Check and be sure there is no rcbot2.vdf in the mod addons folder. The vdf is another way to load the bot. See genmac's post here how to make one for the standard (non-metamod) rcbot.

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=12159

But don't do that if you are using the rcbot2meta. you just need to be sure it's not in mod addons folder. rcbot2meta comes with a rcbot2.vdf to go in the metamod folder, use that instead....

EDIT: fixed errors in this post
+Quote Post
genmac
post Mar 9 2015, 12:41 AM
Post #26

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,098

@zotus ...rcbot2.vdf is just txt file that contains this line to load the plugin...

Plugin {"file" "../bin/HPB_Bot2o"}

....so just create it using notepad and put that line and save it as rcbot2.vdf
Then put it addons folder for the official release.

The test version with metamod support already has the vdf file
but must be placed inside the metamod folder.

to disable whatever hpdbot.dll you'll use simply edit the line or delete the corresponding vdf for it or move it somewhere else. I just rename it to rcbot2.vdf.stop to disable it.

anyway hope that helps and I to really hates it when game devs remove any bot support they have on their mod...i hate those kind of game devs lke crazy really shows some laziness and lack of AI coding interest and bot support extends the life of a certain game as most people likes that now as it has always been,,,haha sorry for the rant.
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 9 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #27

Well I tried your option and when I ran my server I typed "meta list" to see the meta mod files to see if it loaded right, well It says error I have no clue why I can't get it working...
IPB Image

If your wondering why there are allot of errors it's because I have tried amx mod and which bot and alot of other stuff...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 9 2015, 11:56 PM
Post #28

Admin

QUOTE(zotus @ Mar 9 2015, 10:42 PM) *

Well I tried your option and when I ran my server I typed "meta list" to see the meta mod files to see if it loaded right, well It says error I have no clue why I can't get it working...
IPB Image

If your wondering why there are allot of errors it's because I have tried amx mod and which bot and alot of other stuff...

I can't really see your pictures to see what it says !
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 10 2015, 12:14 AM
Post #29

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(zotus @ Mar 9 2015, 01:42 PM) *

IPB Image

This seems a bit odd, I thought amx mod & whichbot were for Halflife1 & metamod, not source engine and metamod:s... Am I going crazy, I don't think so... blink.gif
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 10 2015, 12:30 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 10 2015, 12:14 AM) *

This seems a bit odd, I thought amx mod & whichbot were for Halflife1 & metamod, not source engine and metamod:s... Am I going crazy, I don't think so... blink.gif

LOL! I know, I didn't figure that out until I had it installed on my metamod. Also whichbot, which also I knew was for half life 1 but was curious if it would work. Don't worry your not going crazy.

If you guys want pictures of my server, where's it installed or anything like that please ask because it might help you!
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 10 2015, 12:45 AM
Post #31

RCBot Guru

LOL, weehhhhuuu, good I'm I'm not crazy after all... heh heh...

Well I probably can't be any help, cause i'm not up on the MM:s or sourcemod stuff, I don't use it much...

It's still just a test dll, just give cheeseh all the info you can on what it's doing, but it's still an unsupported mod at this point... wink.gif
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 10 2015, 12:49 AM
Post #32

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 10 2015, 12:45 AM) *

LOL, weehhhhuuu, good I'm I'm not crazy after all... heh heh...

Well I probably can't be any help, cause i'm not up on the MM:s or sourcemod stuff, I don't use it much...

It's still just a test dll, just give cheeseh all the info you can on what it's doing, but it's still an unsupported mod at this point... wink.gif

Well I have a suggestion, how about Cheeseh makes a soucemod plugin! It would be c++ if he knows how to code it and it would pretty much be rcbot2 just as a sourcemod plugin! I could try and help as much as I could too!! biggrin.gif I'll look into it some more to see if we could!
EDIT: I looked into it and sourcemod can actually use notepad++! so it'll be easier biggrin.gif . I'll add some links for tutorials and more.
Sourcemod Compiler- for compiling your script!
http://www.sourcemod.net/compiler.php
Tutorial on how to do it-
https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Introduction_to_sourcemod_plugins
Tutorial I found on Youtube-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpYSQyaHx7k

That's all I have for now but I'll get more. I hope we could do this biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 10 2015, 01:05 AM
Post #33

RCBot Guru

Well, I just did ask about metamod:s in this post a few minutes ago... But it's all up to Cheeseh what he wants to do... wink.gif

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=13298

I can't really see your pictures to see what it says !

Maybe copy & paste your console messages, logs, etc. so cheeseh can see them. I was having some problems with overlayed pictures earlier, but I think that was the way you did them, changing my screen size made no difference...?
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 10 2015, 01:09 AM
Post #34

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 10 2015, 01:05 AM) *

Well, I just did ask about metamod:s in this post a few minutes ago... But it's all up to Cheeseh what he wants to do... wink.gif

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=13298
Maybe copy & paste your console messages, logs, etc. so cheeseh can see them. I was having some problems with overlayed pictures earlier, but I think that was the way you did them, changing my screen size made no difference...?

Weird, maybe it's the server host I put them on, I'm not sure because mine are fine. Well gonna go to bed. Goodnight, hopefully cheeseh will consider rcbot2 for sourcemod!
+Quote Post
genmac
post Mar 10 2015, 04:33 AM
Post #35

RCBot Guru

There's no need to make rcbot2 a sourcemod plugin coz it's already a plugin and it's fully
compatible to most SM plugins I'm using.

Also seems that little code that enables bots has been remove by the mod devs of Zombie Panic Source so there's
nothing much Cheeseh can do to that unless he do his power hacks for it hehe.
Only way is to look for older version of the mod, those little client and server dll files.

That's why I always make full back-up when games has working features that I really like coz sometimes
updates tends to complicate things and you can't go back if you don't have back-up files.

I also don't rely on steam to run my source games offline.
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 10 2015, 12:03 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(genmac @ Mar 10 2015, 04:33 AM) *

There's no need to make rcbot2 a sourcemod plugin coz it's already a plugin and it's fully
compatible to most SM plugins I'm using.

Also seems that little code that enables bots has been remove by the mod devs of Zombie Panic Source so there's
nothing much Cheeseh can do to that unless he do his power hacks for it hehe.
Only way is to look for older version of the mod, those little client and server dll files.

That's why I always make full back-up when games has working features that I really like coz sometimes
updates tends to complicate things and you can't go back if you don't have back-up files.

I also don't rely on steam to run my source games offline.

Oh, I have the Zombie Panic Source ever made and I did not find any bot configs or any of that. Maybe I have to get an old version of the server? I have no clue, the only thing I could think of was a soucemod plugin and not metamod because I've been having alot of trouble with that.

+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 10 2015, 02:23 PM
Post #37

Admin

QUOTE(zotus @ Mar 10 2015, 01:03 PM) *

Oh, I have the Zombie Panic Source ever made and I did not find any bot configs or any of that. Maybe I have to get an old version of the server? I have no clue, the only thing I could think of was a soucemod plugin and not metamod because I've been having alot of trouble with that.

making rcbot a source mod plugin would make it platform independent, but would require a total rewrite unlike metamod
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 30 2015, 01:05 AM
Post #38

I am probably bringing back this old thread but I couldn't get the rcbot 2 metamod plugin working, do you guys know where to put it and do I need sm hooks or something like that? EDIT: If we did a rcbot 2 plugin for sourcemod we could base it off Sourcebot which is pretty much the same thing as rcbot 2 but sourcbot doesnt attack or join a team just walks around and talks.
Thanks,
Zotus
+Quote Post
genmac
post Mar 30 2015, 01:29 AM
Post #39

RCBot Guru

place the rcbot2meta.dll on the addons folder.
the new rcbot2.vdf on ...\Team Fortress 2\tf\addons\metamod
don't forget to disable the old one.

I presume you have metamod source installed as well?
that's needed to run rcbot2meta.
+Quote Post
zotus
post Mar 30 2015, 11:52 PM
Post #40

QUOTE(genmac @ Mar 30 2015, 01:29 AM) *

place the rcbot2meta.dll on the addons folder.
the new rcbot2.vdf on ...\Team Fortress 2\tf\addons\metamod
don't forget to disable the old one.

I presume you have metamod source installed as well?
that's needed to run rcbot2meta.

Thank you for the reply but I have recruited someone to make a bot sourcemod plugin for me as it is the easiest option. Thank you all for your help, I greatly appreciated it. smile.gif

If you want you may close this thread.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:46 AM