IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can bots detect a map with no waypoints, then not spawn?
pan
post Dec 17 2015, 11:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,434

I have my DoD:S server setup so that 20 bots join an empty server automatically and 1 drops every time a human joins.

But is there a way to make the bots detect a map they have no waypoints for and not spawn at all?

Otherwise when a custom map in my rotation comes on there's 20 useless bots just standing around.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
genmac
post Dec 18 2015, 12:49 AM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

Nope they can't but may be Cheeseh could add a feature that will auto changelevel unsupported maps so for now...Just edit your mapcycle.txt with maps that have rcbots waypoints...all stock maps are wpted btw so you need to check if your custom maps have wpts for them by looking at the dods waypoints folder. Then go to the dods wpt section and check if someone has wpts for your custom maps, if none you may request for wpts and someone might make some for you.
+Quote Post
pan
post Dec 18 2015, 05:36 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,434

QUOTE(genmac @ Dec 18 2015, 11:49 AM) *

Nope they can't but may be Cheeseh could add a feature that will auto changelevel unsupported maps so for now...Just edit your mapcycle.txt with maps that have rcbots waypoints...all stock maps are wpted btw so you need to check if your custom maps have wpts for them by looking at the dods waypoints folder. Then go to the dods wpt section and check if someone has wpts for your custom maps, if none you may request for wpts and someone might make some for you.

Yeah I have already gone through and added all the custom maps that have waypoints.

But I have way more maps on my server.

The problem is a lot of the maps that have waypoints are enormous downloads and not many people have them or stick around to download them from the server.

I don't expect anyone to make waypoints for me so I will just have to deal with it I guess.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:55 AM