Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> any updates?
xenon
post Aug 7 2016, 05:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,356

been a while since an update came out, would be great offline practice if you could make the tf2 bots harder
suggestions:
bots have issues leading targets when strafing (even slow heavy), needs to be fixed
better ai for combat (selecting weapons based on range, class, state and health), retreating/attacking based on health and ammo, strafing
pyro doesn't work well with weapons like detonator (doesn't detonate), and i haven't seen demoman use sticky launcher as a spam weapon, only for traps
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 9 2016, 04:27 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(xenon @ Aug 7 2016, 06:02 PM) *

been a while since an update came out, would be great offline practice if you could make the tf2 bots harder
suggestions:
bots have issues leading targets when strafing (even slow heavy), needs to be fixed
better ai for combat (selecting weapons based on range, class, state and health), retreating/attacking based on health and ammo, strafing
pyro doesn't work well with weapons like detonator (doesn't detonate), and i haven't seen demoman use sticky launcher as a spam weapon, only for traps

very slow due to real life and laptop at the moment

as far as I know bots should be doing most of the things you've mentioned.
+Quote Post
xenon
post Aug 9 2016, 11:56 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,356

understandable
i'm way too bad at c++ to understand just what the majority of code does so i'll leave it in your capable hands smile.gif
(and no they don't do it with the latest version we have, or they do it in a very basic manner)
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Oct 22 2016, 07:15 PM
Post #4

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 2,404

QUOTE(xenon @ Aug 10 2016, 12:56 AM) *

understandable
i'm way too bad at c++ to understand just what the majority of code does so i'll leave it in your capable hands smile.gif
(and no they don't do it with the latest version we have, or they do it in a very basic manner)

Yeah, I'd like to see an update to rcbots and tfbots. Also, is there a way to give bots any weapon? I want teams to be fixed with specific weapon loadouts and not random.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:28 AM