IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Team Specific Waypoint, works with NS?
[ASA]ODEN
post Dec 31 2003, 10:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 153

Hi Guru's.

I've noticed that "team specific waypoint" seem to be ignored.

I made an effort to waypoint my aliens into vents on ns_hera and ns_caged but the marines try to get into those vents even though I set the WP up in vent as "Aliens waypoint".

Is it like it seems to, that team specific waypoint isn't working for NS/RcBot ?

Also I read in another thread here where Sandman states that aliens (Skulk) do not climb walls?

regards
/Oden aka LG
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 31 2003, 08:34 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

infact I noticed I haven't coded it. I have done it for choosing bots waypoint goals or nearest waypoint but not their path. ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
[ASA]ODEN
post Jan 12 2004, 07:07 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 153

Any plans for a "Skulk" waypoint.. would add lots'a horror having to keep an eye on vents even playing bots smile.gif
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Jan 12 2004, 10:43 PM
Post #4

RCBot Waypointer

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19

You should try adding whichbot to the mix. Whichbots own the vents and the rcbots will smash your base down to rubble. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 13 2004, 12:33 AM
Post #5

Admin

QUOTE ([ASA]ODEN @ Jan 12 2004, 07:07 PM)
Any plans for a "Skulk" waypoint.. would add lots'a horror having to keep an eye on vents even playing bots smile.gif

there already is, its called 'wall stick', skulks, lerks and marines with jetpacks can use them, there are also fly waypoints,
+Quote Post
|2usty
post Jan 18 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 173

QUOTE (Cheeseh @ Jan 13 2004, 12:33 AM)
QUOTE ([ASA)
ODEN,Jan 12 2004, 07:07 PM] Any plans for a "Skulk" waypoint.. would add lots'a horror having to keep an eye on vents even playing bots smile.gif

there already is, its called 'wall stick', skulks, lerks and marines with jetpacks can use them, there are also fly waypoints,

In regards to the fly waypoint ch33s3, i've noticed that the marines seem to fire the jetpack in short bursts instead of giving it heaps. When i was playing with the waypoints for nirvana i had a vent which was too high for the marine to get out of with the jp on, it was trying but after a certain height it cut thrust and then hit it again causing it to lose momentum. Should i try wallstick instead?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 18 2004, 07:26 PM
Post #7

Admin

Changine it to a wall stick waypoint wont make any difference they handle these waypoints in the same way, if they didn't that would be redundancy of code. Marines should be 'holding in' their jump key meaning they will always fly, but I'll change that to make them let go of jump occasionally.
+Quote Post
|2usty
post Jan 19 2004, 04:55 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 173

No no, don't make them take it off, that's why the bot couldn't get out of the vent, because it was letting jump go every so often instead of getting the thrust to get up and out. Although it could have something to do with the way they stare straight ahead, like when they climb ladders.
-Shrugs blink.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 06:27 PM