Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't get RCBot to work
The HHH
post Mar 16 2017, 01:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,313

So, I've recently reinstalled TF2 and felt like playing against some RCbots, Installed the most recent files, Used the hookinfo updater thingie, but I still can't get them to work, as soon as I choose a class the game closes.
Does anyone have a working RCbot pack the could give me, or some step-by-step instructions for dummies on how to get it working again?
This is the first time I'm having issues actually getting RCBot to work.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dgesd
post Mar 19 2017, 04:58 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,325

QUOTE(The HHH @ Mar 16 2017, 01:02 PM) *

So, I've recently reinstalled TF2 and felt like playing against some RCbots, Installed the most recent files, Used the hookinfo updater thingie, but I still can't get them to work, as soon as I choose a class the game closes.
Does anyone have a working RCbot pack the could give me, or some step-by-step instructions for dummies on how to get it working again?

Hi! Sorry for late reply. Are you still need in help?
+Quote Post
genmac
post Mar 25 2017, 11:44 PM
Post #3

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

well you can try update my pack using the latest rcbot dll and hookinfo...
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2040

May I suggest making an dedicated offline standalone TF2 bot setup using revemu...this will be good for those who just uses bots/lan games and their mods and sick and tired for scrambling for the latest mod updates for each broken mod any tf2 update does.
+Quote Post
genmac
post Mar 25 2017, 11:55 PM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

well you can try update my pack using the latest rcbot dll and hookinfo...
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2040

May I suggest making a dedicated offline standalone TF2 bot setup using revemu...this will be good for those who just uses bots/lan games and their mods and sick and tired for scrambling for the latest mod updates for each broken mod any tf2 update does.
+Quote Post
Cinibonswirl26
post Mar 30 2017, 04:19 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,441

QUOTE(The HHH @ Mar 16 2017, 06:02 AM) *

Have you used the latest dll file?
+Quote Post
Cinibonswirl26
post Mar 30 2017, 10:51 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(The HHH @ Mar 16 2017, 06:02 AM) *

First thing you should do is to update the hookinfo using the .exe (which you've done) make sure to delete everything in the hookinfo file and copy and paste what's in the exe file

You should then replace the .dll file

It should work from there
+Quote Post
MK777
post Apr 18 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,465

I just started to have the same problem now, for some reasons, it crashes everytime I choose a class.

I did as usually change the hookinfo.ini and everything, but the generator give me the same options as before for the .ini, so no changes. yet still crashes, it just started recently. I've been working for waypoints for hours then results crash. I though it was a update in tf2 but it only started happen yesterday. there was no update needed. Am I the only one?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 19 2017, 07:37 AM
Post #8

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(MK777 @ Apr 18 2017, 11:32 PM) *

I just started to have the same problem now, for some reasons, it crashes everytime I choose a class.

I did as usually change the hookinfo.ini and everything, but the generator give me the same options as before for the .ini, so no changes. yet still crashes, it just started recently. I've been working for waypoints for hours then results crash. I though it was a update in tf2 but it only started happen yesterday. there was no update needed. Am I the only one?

What map are you using? Is it a cp_map? Do you have
rcbot_const_mstr_offset 856
rcbot_const_round_offset 856

in config/console before adding bots/joining a team?

what DLL are you using?

Is it the latest here? https://sourceforge.net/p/rcbot2/code/HEAD/....dll?format=raw
+Quote Post
MK777
post Apr 19 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 19 2017, 03:37 AM) *

What map are you using? Is it a cp_map? Do you have
rcbot_const_mstr_offset 856
rcbot_const_round_offset 856

in config/console before adding bots/joining a team?

what DLL are you using?

Is it the latest here? https://sourceforge.net/p/rcbot2/code/HEAD/....dll?format=raw

I'm using any kind of map. Some custom maps Deathmatch, CP, CTF, KOTH.

I've already been using the rcbot_const.

there was no error in the console command, unless I'm missing something here :
https://puu.sh/vpbDC/a2e0b8f1c9.png
https://puu.sh/vpbEO/893043a50d.png

and at last I just downloaded the dll you post here to be certain and still nothing. always result a crash. but that's weird though, I've been on the game and testing the rcbot fine, but like a minute later when I only restarted the game. out of nowhere I got this problem. and I am pretty sure I haven't touch the files in that minute I wasn't in game.
+Quote Post
Cinibonswirl26
post Apr 19 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(MK777 @ Apr 19 2017, 03:48 AM) *

I'm using any kind of map. Some custom maps Deathmatch, CP, CTF, KOTH.

I've already been using the rcbot_const.

there was no error in the console command, unless I'm missing something here :
https://puu.sh/vpbDC/a2e0b8f1c9.png
https://puu.sh/vpbEO/893043a50d.png

and at last I just downloaded the dll you post here to be certain and still nothing. always result a crash. but that's weird though, I've been on the game and testing the rcbot fine, but like a minute later when I only restarted the game. out of nowhere I got this problem. and I am pretty sure I haven't touch the files in that minute I wasn't in game.

I noticed there's some sort of source mod error related to "botcontrol.smx"

Are you on Windows or Linux?

Have you installed any plugins recently?
+Quote Post
MK777
post Apr 20 2017, 12:24 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(Cinibonswirl26 @ Apr 19 2017, 08:46 AM) *

I noticed there's some sort of source mod error related to "botcontrol.smx"

Are you on Windows or Linux?

Have you installed any plugins recently?

I'm on Windows, and that's an old plugin that I had for a while, even if I removed it it still didn't work.
I even removed all the Sourcemod Folders to see if it would work without them and still dosen't .-.

I don't have any new plugins downloaded recently. the only thing I would have added to the game are customs maps for waypointing. besides of that, I'm not sure if I shall just make a backup of all my work and re-install RCBOT2.
+Quote Post
MK777
post Apr 20 2017, 11:43 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(MK777 @ Apr 19 2017, 08:24 PM) *

I'm on Windows, and that's an old plugin that I had for a while, even if I removed it it still didn't work.
I even removed all the Sourcemod Folders to see if it would work without them and still dosen't .-.

I don't have any new plugins downloaded recently. the only thing I would have added to the game are customs maps for waypointing. besides of that, I'm not sure if I shall just make a backup of all my work and re-install RCBOT2.

WELP! sorry for all the problems that I've had and everything. the generator of hookinfo.ini just loaded a new codes. and everything works fine now~ I was worried that I was the only one who had this problem .-. guess I should have more patience ;-; sorry guys
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:57 AM