2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Playing rcbot ns 1.01, A big problem
EraserPT
post Sep 23 2003, 08:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 34

I started playing today with the rcbot 1.00 in ns, when i was playing the game crashes very quickly apearing a message error, when i came back here and saw rcbot 1.01 i said thank god a fix.
Well in fact the game is now much better and the crash take much more time to appear and it shows a message error with hl.exe and rcbot_mm.dll.
Well i dont know if the bots are doing something that might cause the crash, but is one problem to solve ( maybe cpu??')

Well that is all and goodwork with the bot cheese ( one thing i think the whichbot much better that your alien side. Cant you focus more on marine side so we can have 2 bots very good for their side instead wasting time in alien side??

For marines is much better then the 0.3 version ;P
Keep the good working
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 23 2003, 08:24 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I haven't noticed any crashing problems except with the killbot command, when you try to kil la bot that doesn exist.. Or without metamod..

although I'll try to run it with metamod and the bot with NS to see if any crashes occur.

BTW what map were you running?
+Quote Post
EraserPT
post Sep 24 2003, 12:53 PM
Post #3

Yeah i forgot to say when this crash happens i am with metamod and playing with whichbot on alien side maybe is conflict with metamod and rcbot????
huh.gif

I had tried 3 maps and all crashed well with this we can think that isnt nothing with the maps... dry.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 24 2003, 12:58 PM
Post #4

Admin

Yuo should try using RCBOT on it's own to make sure it isn't a which bot problem. Have you tried the new DLL file above?
+Quote Post
EraserPT
post Sep 24 2003, 06:39 PM
Post #5

Cheese is a problem with your bot and metamod cause i played alot of times with whichbot and nothing happened i say again the error is realted with hl.exe ( metamod probably) and rcbot_mm.dll.

I will try today on a different computer and see if it happens again!
sad.gif

I will try that dll too to see if it stops crashing!
+Quote Post
EraserPT
post Sep 24 2003, 08:08 PM
Post #6

Nope it still crashes!!! BAH i really dont know!!! but its with metamod!!!
+Quote Post
EraserPT
post Sep 24 2003, 08:32 PM
Post #7

I made another test running only rcbot and guess what??? it didnt crash! add 2 whichbots and after 40 seconds the game crashed...

So i think is a conflict with rcbot and whichbot in metamod and the origin of this conflict come from the file rcbot_mm.dll

So you found the crash is the same crash that is doing this!!! but you didnt fixed it well take your time to fix it ;P

Thanks for trying to fix the bot to work with whichbot smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 24 2003, 08:56 PM
Post #8

Admin

Alright you still haven't told me what map it was though tongue.gif it could be something specific to do with the map that could trigger it, e.g. a Lift or ladder or something.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 24 2003, 09:21 PM
Post #9

Admin

Argh! Noticed a CRASH BUG in the task code, another stupid bug I just had something round the wrong way :/

Please try THIS DLL file and tell me if it has been fixed!!!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  rcbot_mm.zip ( 130.51k ) Number of downloads: 492
+Quote Post
EraserPT
post Sep 24 2003, 10:27 PM
Post #10

Well that crash happens in this maps ( tanith, eclipse, veil ) i havent tried more because i think its a major crash that happens in all maps!

Another thing the crash appears when one whichbot attack and kill multiple rcbots marines!!! cause i think all the time when it crashes i hear "Alien Spoted" and at the screen 4 , 5 marines died but i am not sure about this could be conincidence ( spelled this word wrong??? didnt I??? well i dont remember know how to spell it ;P)

Well today i cant test i will try that new file tomorrow and say if it continues to crash wink.gif

The crash goes to desktop and appear a error that says

AppName: hl.exe
Appversion: 1.1.1.0
ModName: rcbot_mm.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 000021e0

Hope this Helps!

Cya tomorrow cool.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 24 2003, 10:44 PM
Post #11

Admin

Thanks for helping me find this bug smile.gif

Right, first..

IF the dll above still crashes, Please use THIS DLL file instead, this is the debug DLL.

If it crashes, tell me the offset where it crashes and I should be able to find where it is crashing exactly!

the dll file is called HPB_Bot.dll though becuase it's a debug dll, i don't know if you can change its name or it will crash becuase it's a debug DLL you can try though.

It means if you use this DLL and it crashes I should be able to find out where it's crashing by adding the offset value to the begning of my bot program in disassembly and I should be able to find where the problem is!

the offset will probably diffferent becuase it's a different dll file and not the same as the one that crashed with you, so make sure you don't type the same offset (For this DLL file...)
+Quote Post
EraserPT
post Sep 25 2003, 08:23 PM
Post #12

Well i tested the second new rcbot_mm.dll it still crashes!! DAMN! and this time i havent saw the error i had to make a hard reset to the cpu

Well i tested the hpb file then putted on the dlls rcbot folder and change the plugins.ini of metamod to run the hpbbot.dll.

Well starting the bots were normal smile.gif but after some time a big error appeared sad.gif with Visual c++ (see the pic below) i pressed repetir ( repeat) and hl crashed with the normal error but the offset is diferent now here is what appeared:

AppName: HL.exe
AppVersion: 1.1.1.0
Modname: hpb_bot.dll
ModVersion: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 0003b384

I hope this time we can make it work huh.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 25 2003, 10:23 PM
Post #13

Admin

Ok, I don't know what could cuase it to do this becuase every array that uses the generic_class file is initialized beforehand and it shouldn't happen, perhaps a memry overflow somewhere.

To make sure please try this DLL file now: it might crash again, but if it does it should tell you a dfifferent place where it crashed becuase I put more asserts where the function thats crashing is being called.
+Quote Post
EraserPT
post Sep 26 2003, 12:42 PM
Post #14

Testing that tonight tongue.gif

By the way its only me with this problem??? strange very strange!!!

Well the pc that is running this a amd xp 1700, 512 mbs ram, motherboard A7V266-c (asus) and a Ati Radeon 9600 pro

Cheese did you tried your self running rcbot and whichbot with metamod together??? put 9 rcbots on marine (join them) and put 10 whichbot on other side play a bit and see if it crashes!! huh.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 26 2003, 01:04 PM
Post #15

Admin

Theres a few ppl with crashing problems I've never had, dunno why... Just need to take the dll file above and it will tell you where it crashed so I can find it...

I've tested it with 5 rcbot's + 4 whichbots and didn't get any crashes. I might try with 9 rcbots + 10 whichbots as you said... that was with metamod aswell
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 26 2003, 02:10 PM
Post #16

Admin

Alright stop right there!! I found a bug in metamod which would make metamod crash if you are using more than 1 plugin and use commands in the game, this might be the reason why it crashes while using whichbot and not on its own.
see bottom of page
+Quote Post
EraserPT
post Sep 26 2003, 08:26 PM
Post #17

Well with this second file (hpb_bot.dll) i had my self playing against my brother ( 10 vs 10 9 rcbots and 9 whichbots) over 40 minutes a lot of time comparating with the other files ( i think your dll files have many problems and as you fix one there is another bug coming lol )

My brother said when he played this afternoon with whibots and rcbots the game crashed to desktop without showing any message ( some times this happens other times it shows messages!

Well after this time the game showed a new message of visual c++ (see the pic above) we clicked retry again and again half life crashed, here is what appeared:

AppName: HL.exe
AppVersion: 1.1.1.0
Modname: hpb_bot.dll
Modversion: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 00039274 ( this is a new offset so you fixed the last problem, but they still coming LOL)

Take a look on the picture and try to fix this one ( one of thousand ;P )

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
EraserPT
post Sep 26 2003, 08:28 PM
Post #18

Arg have to try that metamod fixed! tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 26 2003, 08:32 PM
Post #19

Admin

lol, Wait!!!

try this instead of the metamod fix, its basically the metamod fix but with slightyl different handling of the chat arrays/other arrays that are causing the crash pleas try it!!!

you could try the hpb_bot dll file at the bottom of the page
+Quote Post
EraserPT
post Sep 26 2003, 08:35 PM
Post #20

Ok OK trying that one instead biggrin.gif

By the way do you have a irc channel?? If yes located in which server????
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:42 PM