> RCBot Beta 0.51, only with scripting for cp_dustbowl, cp_badlands, cp_granary
Sjru
post Aug 6 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,567

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Aug 2 2009, 09:13 AM) *

Why does this sound like a king of the hill map?
If it is one, just rename the map to: cp_koth_mapnamehere.bsp
that tag should tell the bots whats the aim of the game.

I did what you said, however when I changed the map name and the waypoint name, Rcbot don't longer recognise the waypoint, saying it is a diferent map (but it is in fact the same).
I've tried editing the waypoint with notepad, but since the waypoints are encrypted I can't do anything.
There is a way, to change the waypoint so I can use it with another map?, because I don't have time to waypoint that larger map again.
Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Aug 6 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #42

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(Sjru @ Aug 6 2009, 01:01 AM) *

I did what you said, however when I changed the map name and the waypoint name, Rcbot don't longer recognise the waypoint, saying it is a diferent map (but it is in fact the same).
I've tried editing the waypoint with notepad, but since the waypoints are encrypted I can't do anything.
There is a way, to change the waypoint so I can use it with another map?, because I don't have time to waypoint that larger map again.
Thanks!

errm, the waypoints autosave the maps name there supposed to work on.
adding the cp_ tag means those waypoints won't work anymore.
either rewaypoint(I hate it when that happens,especially on big maps) or remove the cp_ tag.
+Quote Post
sKyLiNe_DgG
post Aug 14 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 1,656

dude my tf2 just got the classless update.
but when i went to add a bot it said in my console
"unknown command 'rcbot' "
i dont know if its just me or if some1 else is havin the same problem.
+Quote Post
sKyLiNe_DgG
post Aug 14 2009, 12:29 AM
Post #44

sorry scratch that last post
i forgot to add the
plugin_load ..\bin\HPB_Bot2
into the console but after i started a server and entered "rcbot addbot"
it crashes, i tried 3 more times afterwards but it still crashes.
+Quote Post
chann
post Aug 14 2009, 01:13 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 1,651

I can confirm this, the game instantly crashes on "rcbot addbot" with the latest update. I was able to do some waypointing though, so it might just be that command that's broken.
+Quote Post
YouLoseAndIWin
post Aug 14 2009, 01:16 AM
Post #46

Member No.: 1,568

Man, someone fix this. I wanted to add waypoints for the new control point map. sad.gif
+Quote Post
sKyLiNe_DgG
post Aug 14 2009, 01:46 AM
Post #47

aw damnit :"(
+Quote Post
Geralt
post Aug 14 2009, 02:20 AM
Post #48

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 1,465

Cheeseh can probably go back to the original addbot method. After the Scout update Valve changed something which caused a similar issue - maybe they changed it back?
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Aug 14 2009, 08:29 AM
Post #49

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Geralt @ Aug 14 2009, 02:20 AM) *

Cheeseh can probably go back to the original addbot method. After the Scout update Valve changed something which caused a similar issue - maybe they changed it back?

Or maybe it's the "Added response caching for some server queries to help reduce the CPU load from DOS attacks" part of the update.
Or not,but I'm rather disappointed,seeing a map that I can waypoint,but can't waypoint because of the crash issue.
+Quote Post
Speed12
post Aug 22 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 1,587

It crash sometimes by "ctf_turbine".

On other maps not.

(i'm from germany)
+Quote Post
Frenzy
post Aug 22 2009, 06:01 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,458

I just used the windows fix, now everything is back to normal no crashes.
+Quote Post
wyn10
post Aug 25 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 1,626

This version crashes the server on fastlane adding a bot.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 25 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #53

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Do they work on other maps? I fixed the first link on my first post, maybe you downloaded the wrong version, (I still had it pointing to the old one)
+Quote Post
MarD
post Aug 27 2009, 05:06 AM
Post #54

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 419

Heyyo,

Cheeseh! good work updating it.. before I emailed ya to let me know when you update so I could waypoint for ya again! tongue.gif

I see you do have waypoints for all the stock maps which is good, I do see that pl_goldrush does need a bit of work, mainly with the "openslater/area" flag cause I see bots bumping into the gates a lot, and for the upper catwalk above the defender's spawn is completely unwaypointed for part one... do you need me to do work or is there already a diff waypointer doing up the levels? lemme know man.

[EDIT1]
Oh, and lemme know if there's a way to addbots without nocheat.. if so I will add them to my dedicated server.. IP for it is 69.12.98.88:27015

IPB Image

[EDIT2]
LOL!!!! so I got them working on the server.. yeah thus far I do need to use sv_cheats which sucks... but oh well... do you know if there's a way to stop sv_cheats from echoing to clients? because of this I can't leave on min_bots and max_bots.. otherwise people will catch on that sv_cheats is on.. it'll allow bots to be kicked with it off, but wont' auto-add with it off. sad.gif

Btw, heads up Cheeseh, for dedicated servers? the waypoint folder is now "rcbot2\waypoints\orangebox\tf" instead of "rcbot2\waypoints\teamfortress 2\tf" I dropped the rcbot2 folder right into the root folder of my dedicated server alongside the "hl2" and the "orangebox" folders (dll of course the bin folder inside orangebox), and it's working flawlessly!! (well, minus the 2xspeed and gravity, and the sv_cheats to addbot) my only suggestion is to eliminate the need to have an orangebox folder and just have it all the same maybe? if not then to package your bots for use with dedicated servers you'd have to make a separate copy of the waypoints to lower confusion. I also added the plugin_load command into the start of my server.cfg folder, seems to work ok. I also did have to setup the "accessclients.ini" just as if it were right off my pc.

One thing I found interesting is to use the rcbot commands? I did it locally, not via rcon, lol.. still worked all the same though. tongue.gif

Also, there seems to be a severe speedhax prob with the bots on both listen-server and dedicated-server, and they also suffer from double the gravity.

[EDIT3]
Ok after more testing more feedback.. engineer bots and snipers seem to be broken in the latest build, on a few types of maps I'll see snipers and engies just bouncing around in spawn (seems mainly engies in PL maps). Snipers seem to have problems sniping again, they stand on the sniper points and stare and not shoot.

Heavy weapons bots seem to have problems trying to walk while shooting, and they do waste bullets when no enemies in sight for a few seconds instead of just revving the minigun.

Btw, odd bug with the pyro, can't see his flame when it's on a listen-server.. but it appears in dedicated-servers.. very very odd.

I tried cp_gravelpit and attacking team does not seem to know what points to cap.

Unsure if that stuff was reported, just figure I'd add onto this post. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Aug 27 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #55

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(MarD @ Aug 27 2009, 05:06 AM) *

Heyyo,

Cheeseh! good work updating it.. before I emailed ya to let me know when you update so I could waypoint for ya again! tongue.gif

I see you do have waypoints for all the stock maps which is good, I do see that pl_goldrush does need a bit of work, mainly with the "openslater/area" flag cause I see bots bumping into the gates a lot, and for the upper catwalk above the defender's spawn is completely unwaypointed for part one... do you need me to do work or is there already a diff waypointer doing up the levels? lemme know man.

[EDIT1]
Oh, and lemme know if there's a way to addbots without nocheat.. if so I will add them to my dedicated server.. IP for it is 69.12.98.88:27015

IPB Image

[EDIT2]
LOL!!!! so I got them working on the server.. yeah thus far I do need to use sv_cheats which sucks... but oh well... do you know if there's a way to stop sv_cheats from echoing to clients? because of this I can't leave on min_bots and max_bots.. otherwise people will catch on that sv_cheats is on.. it'll allow bots to be kicked with it off, but wont' auto-add with it off. sad.gif

Btw, heads up Cheeseh, for dedicated servers? the waypoint folder is now "rcbot2\waypoints\orangebox\tf" instead of "rcbot2\waypoints\teamfortress 2\tf" I dropped the rcbot2 folder right into the root folder of my dedicated server alongside the "hl2" and the "orangebox" folders (dll of course the bin folder inside orangebox), and it's working flawlessly!! (well, minus the 2xspeed and gravity, and the sv_cheats to addbot) my only suggestion is to eliminate the need to have an orangebox folder and just have it all the same maybe? if not then to package your bots for use with dedicated servers you'd have to make a separate copy of the waypoints to lower confusion. I also added the plugin_load command into the start of my server.cfg folder, seems to work ok. I also did have to setup the "accessclients.ini" just as if it were right off my pc.

One thing I found interesting is to use the rcbot commands? I did it locally, not via rcon, lol.. still worked all the same though. tongue.gif

Also, there seems to be a severe speedhax prob with the bots on both listen-server and dedicated-server, and they also suffer from double the gravity.
[EDIT3]
Ok after more testing more feedback.. engineer bots and snipers seem to be broken in the latest build, on a few types of maps I'll see snipers and engies just bouncing around in spawn (seems mainly engies in PL maps). Snipers seem to have problems sniping again, they stand on the sniper points and stare and not shoot.

Heavy weapons bots seem to have problems trying to walk while shooting, and they do waste bullets when no enemies in sight for a few seconds instead of just revving the minigun.

Btw, odd bug with the pyro, can't see his flame when it's on a listen-server.. but it appears in dedicated-servers.. very very odd.

I tried cp_gravelpit and attacking team does not seem to know what points to cap.
Unsure if that stuff was reported, just figure I'd add onto this post. tongue.gif

Are they my waypoints? If they are,I may have forgotten to publish the updated version for Gravelpit.
With defend points, and other stuff.
+Quote Post
(NW)Shane O' D
post Aug 27 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 1,671

I tried to use this with my dedicated server...it allows me to create one rcbot but when i make another one the server crashes.please help sad.gif
+Quote Post
bir3yk
post Aug 27 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #57

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 1,566

wrote that when the crash?
+Quote Post
W()RMŠ
post Aug 28 2009, 01:55 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 1,675

Why does the bots run at 2X speed and falls faster then normal players?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 28 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #59

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(W()RMŠ @ Aug 28 2009, 02:55 PM) *

Why does the bots run at 2X speed and falls faster then normal players?

because of incompatibilities with TF2 , which cannot be fixed because they are hard coded into TF2 code. In other terms, its because TF2 also tries to control the bots, which means every time the bots makes another unwanted "move" which means they move 2x Faster,
+Quote Post
MarD
post Aug 29 2009, 01:58 AM
Post #60

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 419

Heyyo,

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Aug 28 2009, 07:05 AM) *

because of incompatibilities with TF2 , which cannot be fixed because they are hard coded into TF2 code. In other terms, its because TF2 also tries to control the bots, which means every time the bots makes another unwanted "move" which means they move 2x Faster,

Damn, that sucks... is there a way to force bot speeds via config files? I remember there was stuff like that for podbot before..
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:46 PM