6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bugs found so far ..., add some yourself :P
Wint-O-Green
post Oct 16 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 637

Ok... i dont know why, but the aliens will dance around the marines, they will not bite... they will jump at them and pretend to bite, but wont actually do it... i have read some and seen no solutions in this forum... ive downloaded the latest BETA DLLs and all that jazz.... all the waypoints i've got work fine... the aliens just will not attack....

I checked the weapons profile thing and the bite gun is enabled and set to a 5 priority (i set pri to help maybe)...

I like the bots so far, just.... no alien resistance....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Oct 17 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #62

I cuddle with my bots.

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 291

The only time that'll happen is if the latest beta DLLs aren't downloaded http://filebase.bots-united.com/index.php?action=file&id=205 with the NS 3.0+

or the newest DLLs with a version of NS before 3.0 came out
+Quote Post
Wint-O-Green
post Oct 17 2005, 05:46 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 637

I already have the latest DLLs... but, i did install those, and the aliens are more agressive about jumping around on top of you and attempting to attack... but they still aren't actually biting... unsure.gif
+Quote Post
Broadus
post Dec 10 2005, 07:39 AM
Post #64

Member No.: 661

I assume someone has already said this, but I couldn't find anything about it.
In Half-Life 1 deathmatch, bots will shoot teammates. They won't be able to kill eachother with friendly fire off, but they'll still just shoot at eachother. I'd simply use Botman's bot, but his bots run straight at enemies in order to fight them and that drives me crazy.
+Quote Post
thunder_storm996
post Dec 13 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 548

QUOTE (Wint-O-Green @ Oct 16 2005, 09:33 PM)
Ok... i dont know why, but the aliens will dance around the marines, they will not bite... they will jump at them and pretend to bite, but wont actually do it... i have read some and seen no solutions in this forum... ive downloaded the latest BETA DLLs and all that jazz.... all the waypoints i've got work fine... the aliens just will not attack....

I checked the weapons profile thing and the bite gun is enabled and set to a 5 priority (i set pri to help maybe)...

I like the bots so far, just.... no alien resistance....

i'm having that exact same problem but none of my bots will shoot not the aliens or the marines and i'm sure that peaple who are having this problem hav alredy downloaded the latest dlls so don't tell us to do that if we alredy have
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Dec 14 2005, 10:29 AM
Post #66

I cuddle with my bots.

Humor us and download it again.

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/rcb...ot_mm_nov14.zip

Make sure you're using MetaMod and you're actually using the latest file.. so double check your MetaMod files and make sure they're pointing to the right file and such... Cause the only reason they'll act that way is if you're not using the latest DLL tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Atreyu
post Dec 15 2005, 05:16 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 660

QUOTE (Broadus @ Dec 10 2005, 07:39 AM)
I assume someone has already said this, but I couldn't find anything about it.
In Half-Life 1 deathmatch, bots will shoot teammates. They won't be able to kill eachother with friendly fire off, but they'll still just shoot at eachother. I'd simply use Botman's bot, but his bots run straight at enemies in order to fight them and that drives me crazy.
+Quote Post
Fentus
post Feb 18 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #68

Member No.: 689

When im trying to play ns v 3.1.2 and i have liblist.gam correct and no metamod... when im trying to add bot there comes [RCBOT>] no bot profiles found that are free...
[RCBOT>]cannot open /write
report bug cheeseh and cheeseh e-mail can u help me?
I'v got newest wersion of rcb and have correct .dll i can open bot_menu but
when im trying to add there comes that. help me PLEASe! sad.gif btw:i changed gamedll "...\rcbot\dll\rcbot.dll to "rcbot\dll\rcbot.dll (no dots) then this .dll work (my rcbot files is on ns file) it dont find the .dll file if the dots are on .dll. WHat should i do? do that influence on this bug? Or do i need metamod on this bot? plz response... iv readed all of readmes and tried to fix it but its still dont work.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 18 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #69

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Fentus @ Feb 18 2006, 06:39 PM)
When im trying to play ns v 3.1.2 and i have liblist.gam correct and no metamod... when im trying to add bot there comes [RCBOT>] no bot profiles found that are free...
[RCBOT>]cannot open /write
report bug cheeseh and cheeseh e-mail can u help me?
I'v got newest wersion of rcb and have correct .dll i can open bot_menu but
when im trying to add there comes that. help me PLEASe! sad.gif btw:i changed gamedll "...\rcbot\dll\rcbot.dll to "rcbot\dll\rcbot.dll (no dots) then this .dll work (my rcbot files is on ns file) it dont find the .dll file if the dots are on .dll. WHat should i do? do that influence on this bug? Or do i need metamod on this bot? plz response... iv readed all of readmes and tried to fix it but its still dont work.

19 March 2005
can now edit rcbot folder with rcbot_folder.ini file:

here's what to do: if you want to put rcbot in a fodler OTHER THAN half-life/rcbot then make a file called "rcbot_folder.ini" in the MOD folder (NOT rcbot folder!! or that's just stupidity...tongue.gif) then just put the folder where rcbot is installed in the file RELATED TO THE "half-life" folder

For example: If I wanted to put the rcbot fodler inside NS/ folder you NEED a rcbot_folder.ini file in "ns/" like this:

ns\rcbot

that's it
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Feb 18 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #70

RCBot Waypointer

Member No.: 19

Actually, I have noticed a bit of a change too. If you install rcbot into your "half-life" folder, rcbot seems to work fine with the conventional messures but if your using say a standalone dedicated server then there is no "half-life" folder and even though everything appears to be in the right place, rcbot is unable to find the profiles and won't allow bots to join.

I this case, I moved the rcbot folder to my ns/addons folder and put a rcbot_folder.ini in my ns root folder with this contained with-in it...
CODE
ns\addons\rcbot

Then changed my metamod/plugins.ini to read as this....
CODE
win32 addons/rcbot/dlls/rcbot_mm.dll

For the most part, this appears to work just fine but the bot_configs.ini doesn't seem to have much effect on what the bots do. Like I have tried changing some settings like....
config chat_dont_learn
config balance_teams
config marine_auto_build

and it doesn't seem to have any effect untill the server is completely shut down and restarted. Even just letting serverdoc restart the server automaticly has little to no effect. Serverdoc must be shut down before the changes will take effect. Just some observations I have noticed with dedicated server. Maybe I am just overlooking something but I can see what that could be.
+Quote Post
Fentus
post Feb 19 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #71

Member No.: 689

Great now iv deletet my RCBOT directory and trying to install it again there comes taht its succesfully created BUT ITS DONT CREATE ANY FOLDERS! wtf? (using metamod now and have only ns on install...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 20 2006, 01:31 AM
Post #72

Admin

"doesn't create any folders"

u have "use folder names" when extracting rcbot ? (in winzip) so that it makes folders when extracting a zip file
+Quote Post
MarD
post Aug 17 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #73

RCBot Fan

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 419

Heyyo,

I'm currently having a problem on REO1 for SvenCoop, where the bot's don't detect the elevator buttons, anychance you can take a look into this Cheeseh? I also noticed that at times, the bots only patrol the same obvective waypoints at times. It seems it they can't access a certain objective waypoint, they get stuck inna constant loop and don't check for newly accessible objective waypoints.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 18 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #74

Admin

for elevators I made a guide somewhere in the waypoints forum, it might be part of another thread. At the moment its still a bit messy though, it depends if the elevators have roofs on them or not, and if the waypoint path actually goes thorugh the lift entity itself then the bots can detect the lift.

the waypoint objective that they reach is removed for about a minute, they will go bac kto them eventually, just after a few minutes, that is to stop them going back to the same points all the time, this was especially useful for svencoop maps.
+Quote Post
MarD
post Aug 19 2006, 03:06 AM
Post #75

RCBot Fan

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 419

Heyyo,

Hmm, I saw a ladder/wallcrawl guide, but not an elevator guide.. the closest thing is this:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....st=0&#entry6094

But with RCBot on REO1, at times they'll push the elevator button to bring the lift down, but not to bring it back up..
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Aug 26 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #76

I cuddle with my bots.

in NS, gorges wont heal the hives on CO maps (i dunno if they do on NS maps, haven't looked yet) and the aliens won't get upgrades on NS maps either. There was somethin' else, but its like 6am and im tired.

just a couple bugs people are geeking out about.

if i knew where the code was for both things, id try to fix it, but.. i suck.
+Quote Post
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
post Sep 7 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Member No.: 737

The gorges don't heal the hive/hives in classic or combat modes. I have seen the gorge to "heal" the hive only when it/she (hihi smile.gif ) has just built the hive.

Then one bug more... In some maps (like co_outpost) marines go to one direction, they stop and then go back to reload and then again go to the same direction and stop again and look around and again go back to the base. There is no problem with the waypoints...could the problem be that the map is so complex because there are possible ways to the hive on many levels?

Then how to fix the fade blink...it just cant use it correctly sad.gif

Then bot weapons. I have put the use distance to the skulk bit to 2meters and still they start to "bark" when they see the enemy. Same goes with onos. It is just slowly moving target when it starts to use the first weapon all the time and it just slowly jums towards the enemy..

Could the marines buy scan in combat?

Then the gorge buildings. Could there be a better way to tell the gorge like: "after dropping the hive make 3 defence chambers".

Help smile.gif
+Quote Post
Ancient
post Oct 24 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #78

Member No.: 905

In battlegrounds the bots keep changing classes, and they end up having a ton of Officers rather than following the 1 commander only limit.

+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Oct 25 2006, 01:38 AM
Post #79

Admin

QUOTE(Ancient @ Oct 24 2006, 02:59 AM) *

In battlegrounds the bots keep changing classes, and they end up having a ton of Officers rather than following the 1 commander only limit.

I never implemented a method of checking the number of officers/limits etc so all the bots do is keep trying a random class (every few seconds) until they spawn smile.gif so that will guarentee them a position in the next game
+Quote Post
Venom
post Feb 15 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 807

With the recent build of Rcbot for Linux which Lordskitch compiled for me, it seems to be crashing the server but lucky enough its producing a crash log, this is what it says:

02/15/2007 18:04:53 => System Error: "User Msg 'GameTitle': 0 bytes written, expected 1
"

This error message is produced almost every 4 hours, is there a known fix for it?
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:57 AM