madmax2
post Dec 31 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #1

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Happy New Year
A new RCbot Angelscript waypoint for the map Suspension by Hezus

The waypoint is still a WIP, but the whole map is waypointed. The map was a bit of a challenge to wpt without notouch, as each area is seperated by teleports/warpzones. Now that the whole map is waypointed, I may want to recheck the spawn area, see if it can be improved. It works ok, but I wasn't sure if connecting a path all the way from the spawn area would work, it just uses an important wpt in the center to pull the bots in. I'm not sure if the osprey area moves to different locations? If not I probably could connect through the osprey, there are no wpts there atm... I still need to put in some unreachables too.

There are some issues on this map where bots don't recognize certain enemies, so it is probably impossible to win on easy. I did a test play last night and just made it to the 3rd area before losing all lives on easy, with 2 bots. I haven't worked on the wpt for a week, so after some testing i'll post about the specific enemy issues, hopefully later today.

=================
Update - Release2
=================

A bunch of additions & fix's...

All ceiling turrets and a couple mini turrets have unreachable wpts now. The Apache path has them too.

Most all Resupply crates have ammo wpts now. I skipped the first explosive crate because all bot classes will try to use them, but only engineers get ammo/explosives from them. Bots get slaughtered at the first explosive resupply crate, the other 2 are not a big issue or are better protected so engineers can use them, not that they can use trip-mines or satchel charges, yet...

Bots can use all ladders fairly well now without taking fall damage. The last ladder was the biggest problem, it looks sloppy, but bots can get up and down it much better, even if there are collisions. This and another ladder have been completely reworked... The last ladder seems slippery to the bots, they want to skew to the left or right depending on how the wpts are placed, but it works well enough now... wink.gif

Did a number of wpt/path edits for better bot movement and to use cover places better...

This may be the final release? There are some minor issues I'll post about later. Kinda want to work on other wpts before doing any more updates to this one...

[Edit 11-23-20] For RCbot_AS builds Aug 14, 2020 or older. For newer builds get the rcwa in the hotfix_crouchjump_rcwa_pack.zip in main topic here:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=15252

Attached File(s)
Attached File  suspension_rcwa3.zip ( 5.39k ) Number of downloads: 245
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
madmax2
post Jan 14 2019, 09:14 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Build: 9553bfdcd03e06e8710ea85e11134fba576bb7ae

Ok, I'm going to try and sum this up in a few paragraphs rolleyes.gif . After going through all the ladders on richard_boderman & intruder, bots climb ladders pretty good, but they have one problem, getting off the ladder at the top. I've been able to fix all the problem ladders by different methods. What I am seeing on many ladders is bots think they have reached either the top ladder wpt or the next normal wpt and turn to early and fall. On some problem ladders if I have bots jump on the ladder at the bottom(jump wpt), they will crouch up the ladder and when they hit the top ladder wpt they will stand with a bit of a hop, this works on some ladders alone, but not all. They are moving up the ladder faster when crouched, so that may be why a crouch on the top ladder wpt works sometimes. Raising the top ladder wpt may help sometimes, but not always & may still need that jump wpt at the bottom?

I think if you could put in a ladder code change where bots need to get bit closer to the top ladder wpt, before they look at going to the next one, that might help?

I've tried staynears on the top ladder wpts, sometimes it works but mostly not. It helped at one R_B ladder, but not another. With the old bots I didn't like to use staynears (sct) wpts on ladder wpts, except as a last resort, caused some problems, like bot jams, but might not be an issue with rcbot_AS?

I think the down direction is working well, but haven't tested many down ladders. The last down ladder in intruder was broken, but it was not typical ladder wpts there. So I made it more of a standard ladder configuration, and they were going down it ok. But it is a sticky ladder, and on occasion a bot would get stuck to the wall/shaft and cause a bot jam. The simple solution was to remove the ladder flags. I still see them get stuck, but they can wiggle free, even if another bot is on top of them, so it works good now. I don't think you need to do anything with the down ladder code, unless you see something, this is just a bad ladder shaft...

I may post a few images of what I had to do on some of the R_B ladders...?

[Edit]
Updated richard_boderman.rcwa & intruder.rcwa in my pack. A couple ladders may need fixing again as the code is changed, oh well rolleyes.gif ... Do what you have to, to make em better... smile.gif

They actually do pretty good going up or down ladders now, its just the getting off at the top is difficult to wpt on some ladders. It seems to be mainly long ladders or ladders where bots need to get off at the top to the side, like wall ladders. I'm having to raise the top ladder wpt or use staynears, various things until I find what will work...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
madmax2   [Release] Suspension Waypoint   Dec 31 2018, 09:45 PM
Cheeseh   Happy New Year A new RCbot Angelscript waypoint f...   Jan 1 2019, 01:32 PM
madmax2   Thanks for those tips, I will try notouch again ;)...   Jan 2 2019, 08:34 AM
madmax2   Bump... :rolleyes: It's almost as if the bo...   Jan 3 2019, 06:57 PM
Cheeseh   /** Smaller factors are better */ float getEne...   Jan 3 2019, 10:48 PM
Cheeseh   Update: I've just fixed the bots now so they o...   Jan 4 2019, 05:33 PM
madmax2   Update: I've just fixed the bots now so they ...   Jan 4 2019, 07:19 PM
Cheeseh   Cool B) , I will try the new build today, thanks....   Jan 5 2019, 09:26 PM
madmax2   oreviosuly bots treated RPGS like sniper rifles, ...   Jan 6 2019, 01:20 AM
Cheeseh   I've made it so if the bots can't find any...   Jan 6 2019, 12:56 PM
madmax2   Thanks, I'll fix the wpt for that (remove the...   Jan 8 2019, 12:31 AM
madmax2   Build#: 6a6cd48643df99b0caa3198a6380ab718edf72e5 ...   Jan 8 2019, 09:05 PM
Cheeseh   hey, cool. the unreachables don't help them a...   Jan 8 2019, 09:31 PM
madmax2   Not yet, I'm working on it... Maybe by time ...   Jan 8 2019, 11:21 PM
madmax2   [b]The waypoint has been updated, see the first po...   Jan 9 2019, 11:35 PM
madmax2   The waypoint has been updated, again :blink: , s...   Jan 10 2019, 09:09 AM
Cheeseh   The waypoint has been updated, again :blink: , ...   Jan 10 2019, 01:05 PM
madmax2   Yeah i updated the ladder code. But maybe going d...   Jan 10 2019, 08:10 PM
Cheeseh   done some tweaks to ladder code now (again) for bo...   Jan 10 2019, 08:23 PM
madmax2   Build: 9553bfdcd03e06e8710ea85e11134fba576bb7ae T...   Jan 11 2019, 07:20 PM
Cheeseh   For sideways ladders try adding a waypoint that is...   Jan 11 2019, 10:20 PM
madmax2   I updated the waypoint in first post... It's ...   Jan 12 2019, 08:58 AM
Cheeseh   I will try to add trigger_push to the opens later ...   Jan 13 2019, 08:03 PM
madmax2   Thanks :) Decided to check some ladders in othe...   Jan 14 2019, 08:54 AM
madmax2   Build: 9553bfdcd03e06e8710ea85e11134fba576bb7ae O...   Jan 14 2019, 09:14 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:03 AM