IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Any one tried RCBot2 on a steamcmd docker?
INsane_dod
post Jul 21 2019, 12:04 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,261

I have an Unraid server for a home server. It has plugins that can install VM's and Docker containers right off the Browser based GUI.

There is a series of steamcmd servers where you install TF2, DoD:s and HL2DM (and others) https://forums.unraid.net/topic/79530-suppo...server-dockers/
I installed the Day of Defeat Source docker and it runs MetaMod Source and ScourceMod no problems. So does HL2DM and TF2.

However if you put RCBot2 and configure it correctly... it is not even recognised as a plugin.

Here is the console result from a Linux VM, Ubuntu based Zorin OS 12/4 Lite (free version core essential) ...
] meta list
[01] RCBot2 (1.04 (r491-apg-ch)) by Cheeseh, RoboCop, Ducky
[02] SourceMod (1.9.0.6281) by AlliedModders LLC
[03] SDK Tools (1.9.0.6281) by AlliedModders LLC

...and it plays rock solid for hours, admin access, medic mod, it all works and very fast.

Here is the console result using the Unraid docker using the same files (files used on both servers are here)...
] meta list
[01] SourceMod (1.9.0.6281) by AlliedModders LLC
[02] SDK Tools (1.9.0.6281) by AlliedModders LLC

...as you can see nothing. Keep in mind I am using a set of files I know works. Also... SourceMod does work on this docker, not RCBot2.

The docker hub for this Unraid plugin is here... https://hub.docker.com/r/ich777/steamcmd

I tried all the normal fault finding on the bot_mods.ini "steamdir" value and waypoint folder name change... but it isn't even recognised in the console but SourceMod is.

So my question is... has anyone else used a steamcmd docker install on a server and got RCBot2 working OK?

I have contacted the guy who made this docker, just be nice to get another view why this fails and if other dockers like these... are working.

Having a docker install of TF2, DoD:s and HL2DM... with bots on Unraid is like a mini game server manager for a small Local LAN party. Very easy to manage files and stop and start the servers.

I use it instead of the Listen server method... that way I can use medic mods and all sorts of SourceMod controls and the server also has better stability.

Be nice to get this working cool.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:36 PM