IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gravelpit2.rcb?, What are these extras?
DreadedGhoul575
post Jan 7 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #1

RCBot Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,404

I always have the error of these in the console.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 7 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

That is the belief array, there is one for each team. Cheeseh's description:

rcb

This is generated by the bot. It keeps a record of how much danger is at each waypoint for each team. When a bot is added it will read this data for its team, when a bot leaves it will save the data by averaging its data in the file.

You should only get messages about that the first time you start the map with rcbot. This is because the files don't exist until rcbot builds the visibility table and saves it the first time, which takes some time. The rcb, rcd, and rcv files will be saved to the rcbot2/waypoints/game/mod folder the first time map is loaded. After that those messages should not come back when you load the map again, unless you delete those files (or perhaps when replacing or saving rcw's, but i'm not sure about that?). Be sure the rcbot2 folders are not set as "read only", check and make sure rcbot is actually able to save those files...
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Jan 7 2016, 10:00 PM
Post #3

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jan 7 2016, 09:20 PM) *

That is the belief array, there is one for each team. Cheeseh's description:
You should only get messages about that the first time you start the map with rcbot. This is because the files don't exist until rcbot builds the visibility table and saves it the first time, which takes some time. The rcb, rcd, and rcv files will be saved to the rcbot2/waypoints/game/mod folder the first time map is loaded. After that those messages should not come back when you load the map again, unless you delete those files (or perhaps when replacing or saving rcw's, but i'm not sure about that?). Be sure the rcbot2 folders are not set as "read only", check and make sure rcbot is actually able to save those files...

I mean there's gravelpit.rcb, gravelpit2.rcb etc. but gravelpit2.rcb can't be opened apparently due to errors. Also, an off-topic bug; on pl_hoodoo_final round 2, the game crashes (15 vs 15 rcbots)
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 7 2016, 11:00 PM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

Hmmm, did you try deleting those files for that map and let rcbot regenerate them? I delete all 3 types when I delete them (rcv rcb & rcd). I don't have Tf2 so I can't test this, but you should have rcb files for team2 & team3, so they should be named gravelpit2.rcb and gravelpit3.rcb, not gravelpit.rcb ? If that doesn't help, could you post the specific errors?

As for Hoodoo, since it is a crash issue, you could make a topic in the main RCbot2 forum. Then maybe someone that has Tf2 will test it, I assume It is the only map crashing? If so, you might try and validate the install, to make sure you got a good map copy, thats about all I can suggest? Do Tf2 bots crash on it?
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Jan 8 2016, 07:49 AM
Post #5

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jan 7 2016, 11:00 PM) *

Hmmm, did you try deleting those files for that map and let rcbot regenerate them? I delete all 3 types when I delete them (rcv rcb & rcd). I don't have Tf2 so I can't test this, but you should have rcb files for team2 & team3, so they should be named gravelpit2.rcb and gravelpit3.rcb, not gravelpit.rcb ? If that doesn't help, could you post the specific errors?

As for Hoodoo, since it is a crash issue, you could make a topic in the main RCbot2 forum. Then maybe someone that has Tf2 will test it, I assume It is the only map crashing? If so, you might try and validate the install, to make sure you got a good map copy, thats about all I can suggest? Do Tf2 bots crash on it?

TF2 bots never crash on stage 2, and what are team2 and 3?
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 8 2016, 07:13 PM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

Assigned Team Numbers:
------------------------------
TF2
2 = red

3 = blue
--------------
DODs
2 = Allies

3 = Axis
--------------
HL2dm
0 = deathmatch

Uses 2 & 3 for teamplay

-----------------------------------
Probably any deathmatch game will use team0, like DODs FFA...

I'm still clueless on team1 ? ohmy.gif

Anyways, I assume this is how the bots recognize who is friend or foe...

[edit] I'm sure this is how valve assigned the teams for TF or source bots, so there should be something on this in their documentation on TF_bots ...
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Jan 13 2016, 09:42 PM
Post #7

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jan 8 2016, 07:13 PM) *

Assigned Team Numbers:
------------------------------
TF2
2 = red

3 = blue
--------------
DODs
2 = Allies

3 = Axis
--------------
HL2dm
0 = deathmatch

Uses 2 & 3 for teamplay

-----------------------------------
Probably any deathmatch game will use team0, like DODs FFA...

I'm still clueless on team1 ? ohmy.gif

Anyways, I assume this is how the bots recognize who is friend or foe...

[edit] I'm sure this is how valve assigned the teams for TF or source bots, so there should be something on this in their documentation on TF_bots ...

Oh ok, I was just wondering if they were spare waypoints for the map (older versions or something)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:02 PM