Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ctf_2fort engineers don't build
xomp
post Apr 23 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,812

The engineers on my dedicated linux server do nothing but travel to the points where they build and stand there shooting the shotgun over and over never building anything.

If I load up rcbot2 on the client side and load up the map the engineers build everything fine.

Any fix for this that anyone knows of?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 24 2010, 03:28 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(xomp @ Apr 23 2010, 08:47 PM) *

The engineers on my dedicated linux server do nothing but travel to the points where they build and stand there shooting the shotgun over and over never building anything.

If I load up rcbot2 on the client side and load up the map the engineers build everything fine.

Any fix for this that anyone knows of?

this is a bug because the engineers can't select the wrench , and they're continually trying, unfortunately I don't know why this happens, but it is mainly due to the fact the HL2 orange box + TF2 especially does not have a very good bot plugin interface, which is what omni bot was working on, but now because official TF2 bots are out then it looks like that ain't going to happen anymore.
+Quote Post
xomp
post Apr 26 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 24 2010, 03:28 PM) *

this is a bug because the engineers can't select the wrench , and they're continually trying, unfortunately I don't know why this happens, but it is mainly due to the fact the HL2 orange box + TF2 especially does not have a very good bot plugin interface, which is what omni bot was working on, but now because official TF2 bots are out then it looks like that ain't going to happen anymore.

Any reason why they can build everything starting from Teleporter Entrance/Exit to Level 3 Sentry and Level 1 Dispensers if I'm using RCBot2 in Windows on a local listen server?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 26 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #4

Admin

QUOTE(xomp @ Apr 26 2010, 06:50 PM) *

Any reason why they can build everything starting from Teleporter Entrance/Exit to Level 3 Sentry and Level 1 Dispensers if I'm using RCBot2 in Windows on a local listen server?

It has something to do with the fact that the bot can find its weapons in a local server, this may have something to do with how weapons are added in a dedicated server, god knows why they are different if so, I'd encourage anyone willing to debug this on a dedicated server...
+Quote Post
xomp
post Apr 26 2010, 06:27 PM
Post #5

I'd be happy to offer debugging on my dedicated server smile.gif

Although I have no idea how to debug anything lol, so if someone doesn't mind holding my hand through it I can certainly help.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 29 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #6

Admin

QUOTE(xomp @ Apr 26 2010, 07:27 PM) *

I'd be happy to offer debugging on my dedicated server smile.gif

Although I have no idea how to debug anything lol, so if someone doesn't mind holding my hand through it I can certainly help.

maybe it has to do with the new code on dedicated server first or something, you could try the new version, but engi's won't build teles

if you ever want to help check : http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1495
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:11 PM