IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RCBot2 For TF2 Alpha Test (Not working with Scout Update)
Cheeseh
post Jan 23 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #41

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

things fixed/todo in next ver..smile.gif

bots move faster than people a LOT faster i think it depends on the cpu dunno why /:
(im tweaking this)

While taunting an engie was shooting at me laugh.gif
(i fixed this i think - valve bug)

While shooting the heavy jumps
(i fixed this -- valve bug also)

The medic fills up uber without healing
(fixed)
IPB Image

When a spy has the intel, it uses the knife (dunno why)
(don't know this,can u give a screenshot?)

When a spy is near an object (no engi in sight) it doesn't sap it or do anything...
(couldn't get sapping to work, dunno why, so left it out just now)

If a sniper bot sees a enemy he just shoots him with no scope (i let one kill me haha)
(to fix)

Random zooms for less then a sec and shoots.
(to fix)

Suggestion

I think it would be nice if the bot has a random factor of speech taunting if he kills an enemy.
The idea of taunting when the bot dominates someone is awesome ^^
(to do)

It would be nice if they use the voice menus more
(to do) ... make a list of those useful and where they should use them?

When i hit a spy disguised, and it is low on health, it screams for medic
(to fix)

Add special waypoint's for spy's (hide, ambush? dunno) the more waypoint flags the better (:
(will be doing this without the need for flags hopefully.. dunno)

Rocket jumping (bots) on ctf_2fort battlements doesn't work. I never saw a bot do a single successful rjump
(dunno why soldiers have difficulty. i noticed too and tried to fix it... need to tweak it)

On ctf_turbine the scouts can't reach the medkits in the corridors :\
(try to change rcbot_scoutdj cvar to 0.2 ... if not just remove the health waypoint)

It would be a good idea to add flags for teleports and for dispensers (i didn't see them in the list i think)
(engis just build dispensers near their sentries at the mo/tele exit waypoints to add/tele entrances can just be built at spawn)

Engis (or the pyros) could patrol hallways with a flag on the waypoint
(i'll add a defend waypoint at some point)

The bots should look around more often, and if they see an enemy they should try to kill it.
(i've fixed this, they should have done it but there was a bug)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KeReMiD4O
post Jan 23 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,175

Wow this is great (:
You fixed the medic bug ^^

BTW i'm waypointing maps and why when i use the command on a single waypoint (rcbot pathwaypoint deleteto/deletefrom) it brakes the paths all over the map. I don't know what does this command do (i thought it was supposed to remove all the paths from/to this specific waypoint).

Ok here are some things i was thinking while i was observing the bots:
I made waypoints for several ctf maps and some dm maps, and i have an idea for cp. Use a flag or a normal waypoint. The bot should wait on that point while the capture is enemy, when it changes to friendly - move on.
I think a problem would be for the maps with stages :-\
For the payload, the cart may be a moving waypoint biggrin.gif The bot should follow it (ah i don't know haven't thought much on that).
Here are the suggestions:
Maybe it would help if the demo has some sort of a trap waypoint.
The medic may have a priority, which target to heal if on offence (from spy to heavy).
If the team flag is taken the bots closer to the team flag should change the priority to taking it (others away from it on the enemy flag).
If a friendly is carrying the flag, and a scout passes by, the bot with the flag should drop it to the scout (hes faster) [not sure on this one...].
I hate the bots taking the medkits on other bots, i mean i'm on fire and i go for the medkit, the bot has 100+ health, i'm near death and the bots takes it... Priority? the bot checks if there is a friendly in sight, and if it's in need of health (the friendly), the bot doesn't take the medkit - lets the friendly take it.
[this one dunno random i guess...]
?Behaviour, aggressive, passive, normal?
The sniper should move more than standing around. Maybe the sniper waypoint should have a radius so the sniper bot can move within this radius.
Door waypoint (didn't see if there are any flags i think there weren't any), if the bot comes near this flag it should proceed with caution.
The spy should first cloack then disguise (:

This is it for now on ctf.

And is there some sort of a command, to change the waypoint path radius? I mean i put several waypoints in one spot, and if there is something in the way but the waypoints have visibility to each other they connect.
How can i change this? I don't want to remove every path every time i put a new waypoint biggrin.gif

Some bot screenshots (the spy with the knife).
http://i40.tinypic.com/2ag29gk.jpg

The bots waiting for the flag
http://i41.tinypic.com/ma7xjk.jpg

The spy jumped on the other their heads blink.gif
http://i44.tinypic.com/213n3fq.jpg

Well the testing continues...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 23 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #43

Admin

BTW i'm waypointing maps and why when i use the command on a single waypoint (rcbot pathwaypoint deleteto/deletefrom) it brakes the paths all over the map. I don't know what does this command do (i thought it was supposed to remove all the paths from/to this specific waypoint).

I haven't tried the command (thats why the bot is alpha!) It should do as you said but it could easily be bugged... (fixed now)

I'm making changes to waypoints to adapt to CP/PL/TC maps , I'm adding an area to each waypoint. (Useful for goldrush/dustbowl when parts of map are blocked off, and for CP points, I give them an area so they know which area they have to attack/defend

PL maps, the bots will just look for the cart entity and use it (dont need to use an extra waypoint) (moving waypoints are difficult to implement)

The demo will eventually trap by experience (all the stuff required is already in the code, but just haven't implemented/tested it yet)

The medic may have a priority, which target to heal if on offence (from spy to heavy). (I'm changing medic priorities so they don't keep healing spies/scouts/snipers/engis and other medics)

If the team flag is taken the bots closer to the team flag should change the priority to taking it (others away from it on the enemy flag).
(can you give an example?)

I hate the bots taking the medkits on other bots, i mean i'm on fire and i go for the medkit, the bot has 100+ health, i'm near death and the bots takes it... Priority? the bot checks if there is a friendly in sight, and if it's in need of health (the friendly), the bot doesn't take the medkit - lets the friendly take it.
[this one dunno random i guess...]
i know what u mean but its difficult to do wink.gif

Door waypoint (didn't see if there are any flags i think there weren't any), if the bot comes near this flag it should proceed with caution. noted.

The spy should first cloak then disguise (: good idea wink.gif

And is there some sort of a command, to change the waypoint path radius? I mean i put several waypoints in one spot, and if there is something in the way but the waypoints have visibility to each other they connect.
How can i change this? I don't want to remove every path every time i put a new waypoint biggrin.gif
not at the mmoment, that was the point in the deletefrom/deleteto command but if that doesnt work just use pathwaypoint disable and make the paths manually

-------

BTW the SVN is always up to date. If you want the latest build though you'll have to compile it.
+Quote Post
KeReMiD4O
post Jan 23 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #44

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jan 23 2009, 01:18 PM) *

(can you give an example?)
BTW the SVN is always up to date. If you want the latest build though you'll have to compile it.

Well lets say the red take the blu flag, (ctf_2fort) there are bots near spawn, the should try to prevent the capturing of the flag by killing the flag carrier as fast as they can. I mean now they ignore that the flag is taken, and just go for the red flag ^^

For the svn, ok i'll see it (:
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 23 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #45

Admin

oh ok smile.gif

Also I've changed the waypoint structure, the old waypoints are compatible with new rcbot but not the other way around

I've put radius'es in waypoints so it gives them a bit more diversity, for example when crossing the bridge in 2fort

IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
KeReMiD4O
post Jan 23 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #46

Dude this is awesome (:
Just what i askd
Good work
+Quote Post
Coldplayer
post Jan 24 2009, 05:30 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 1,443

anyway to get medics to come heal you if you scream medic and fixed the prob where in ctfort half of the bots are just lining up at enemy base waiting for the intelligence...scouts are so fast as well.
Also teleporters being built would be nice.. Great work i cant wait till this reachs beta or even better a stable release..will be so awesome.

Any ETA on the next update?
+Quote Post
Vazh3r
post Jan 24 2009, 08:29 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 1,249

Cheeseh, I would like to say thank you for your hard work! Awesome work on the bots! Keep it up biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
KeReMiD4O
post Jan 24 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(Coldplayer @ Jan 24 2009, 05:30 AM) *

anyway to get medics to come heal you if you scream medic and fixed the prob where in ctfort half of the bots are just lining up at enemy base waiting for the intelligence...scouts are so fast as well.
Also teleporters being built would be nice.. Great work i cant wait till this reachs beta or even better a stable release..will be so awesome.
Any ETA on the next update?

Dude same here ^^ I can't wait for the next update (:
Also i don't think the bot development is alpha its beta at least tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 24 2009, 05:08 PM
Post #50

Admin

QUOTE(KeReMiD4O @ Jan 24 2009, 03:17 PM) *

Dude same here ^^ I can't wait for the next update (:
Also i don't think the bot development is alpha its beta at least tongue.gif

I might make an update within the week.. I will be busy soon though, so want to get it out soon and work on my other things. I made waypoints for Ctf_mach4, they play not bad.. my next aim is to get engis to make teleporters by making a teleporter exit waypoint and getting them to build an entrance when they spawn if they do not have one already.

So far...
CODE

- fixed bots not looking at enemies shooting them from behind
- fixed heavys from jumping whilst shooting
- fixed taunting bots from moving and shooting
- medics healing
- medics ubercharging
- helped bots not shooting correctly & not seeing enemies on ledges above them
- new waypoint version (For use with CP/PL maps / not supported yet)
    - added waypoint radius'
    - added waypoint areas
- possible crash bug fix
- improved snipers
- bots now look ahead of where they want to go (gives some more realism)
- bots build teleporters (with new teleporter waypoints)
- better soldier rocket launcher and demoman grenade launcher aiming
+Quote Post
NifesNforks
post Jan 24 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,450

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jan 24 2009, 06:08 PM) *

I might make an update within the week..

Either today or tomorrow then laugh.gif
+Quote Post
KeReMiD4O
post Jan 24 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #52

What about the speed problem :-\
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 24 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #53

Admin

QUOTE(KeReMiD4O @ Jan 24 2009, 09:48 PM) *

What about the speed problem :-\

I've reduced the speed of the bots.. don't know if its good enough yet. need to tewak still...

some images of bots building tele's and using bot made tele's....
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NifesNforks
post Jan 24 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,450

I can't wait! Give me the new version >:0

So you would be able to do "rcbot waypoint givetype teleentrance" and "rcbot waypoint givetype teleexit"?
+Quote Post
Randdalf
post Jan 24 2009, 11:30 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 1,456

I was wondering if you have fixed/could fix the common occurence where bots would just stand on the flag capture point until it returns or is dropped, and added some AI to make them wander? Adding wandering would really help with the realism.
+Quote Post
Coldplayer
post Jan 25 2009, 12:14 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 1,443

now that the medics can you heal you might wanna make them go around with there medigun more then there syringe gun.if if possible go behind person with a decent gap there healing to add realism and to not get hit or anything.

Oh and also i remember a mod for css which when you pressed tab instead of under latency saying bot it displayed some fake pings. That possible? If its been done in css shouldnt be that hard to do in tf2. Just adds a bit of realism as well.
+Quote Post
Vazh3r
post Jan 25 2009, 04:16 AM
Post #57

Member No.: 1,249

QUOTE(Randdalf @ Jan 24 2009, 11:26 PM) *

I was wondering if you have fixed/could fix the common occurence where bots would just stand on the flag capture point until it returns or is dropped, and added some AI to make them wander? Adding wandering would really help with the realism.

Yea, I noticed that to.
+Quote Post
Buck
post Jan 25 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 1,444

Wouldnt add fake pings tbh, people want to know if they are playing with bots or not, when this get released and put on servers a lot of players will be pissed when they find out they were playing with bots, rather than knowing it all along. Basically dont lie tongue.gif

Cant wait til next release, want to make functional bball bots tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 26 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #59

Admin

QUOTE(Buck @ Jan 25 2009, 01:10 PM) *

Wouldnt add fake pings tbh, people want to know if they are playing with bots or not, when this get released and put on servers a lot of players will be pissed when they find out they were playing with bots, rather than knowing it all along. Basically dont lie tongue.gif

Cant wait til next release, want to make functional bball bots tongue.gif

I wouldn't want to add fake ping (And I probably can't do it anyway with the plugin interface), because there are enough people already complaining about bots on servers!
+Quote Post
Buck
post Feb 1 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 1,444

Wow, site has been down for almost a week, hows progress on bot going ?
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 10:56 AM