3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official TF2 Bots!
DeviusCreed
post Dec 18 2009, 07:01 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,755

You could try disabling all of the non-admin plugins for sourcemod with a listenserver. I was having a bunch of crashes until i did that, and now both bots are running just fine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Dec 18 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #22

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(DeviusCreed @ Dec 18 2009, 07:01 PM) *

You could try disabling all of the non-admin plugins for sourcemod with a listenserver. I was having a bunch of crashes until i did that, and now both bots are running just fine.

I've disabled sourcemod itself,but it still crashes.
+Quote Post
lurker123
post Dec 19 2009, 04:42 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,772

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Dec 18 2009, 07:31 PM) *

I had to remove RCBOT2 from my TF2 before I could use the tf_bot_add command without it crashing...
+Quote Post
naMelesS
post Dec 19 2009, 07:28 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,585

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Dec 19 2009, 03:31 AM) *

Oh yea, you have to remove the rcbot plugin before you can use that tf_bot_add commands.
+Quote Post
DrPuffinKind
post Dec 19 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #25

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 1,638

well, i been running these side by side for the last day, and have spent some time with the new ones... new bot Pros:
-they have a nav mesh system for waypointing (nice, easy, fast)
-their nav mesh allows for movements that is more natural (not quite as predictable as rcbot2)
-classes included mostly do their jobs (medic wont fight much... just waits for someone to heal, or to be killed standing still)
-snipers seem more effective than Rcbot2 (at least for now...)
-they are a formidable opponent on most KOTH maps... (the only ones "officially" suported)

Cons:
-not all classes are in yet (i haver not seen scout or spy yet)
-red cannot cap on cp maps (still beta, im sure this will change)
-ctf does not work at all... bots just stand there
-pl blu runs to cap point without the cat DOH!!... and red just wanders around... (at least they fight...)
-not nearly as "smart" as rcbot!! (i catch way more of them sleeping than my rcbots... of course i have rcbot intellignecs and skills cranked up... not sure how they compare to a raw install of this bot...)

all in all, i can say my rcbot2 server stays mostly full and the biggest complaint i get is the bots are "too good" with the skills cranked up, but they are not supposed to be freebees as you get points in our scoring system for killing them... lol... and my servers running the new bots dont see near the same amount of play... i think valve has a lot of work to do if they want to dethrone the reigning king!! biggrin.gif RCBOT2 FTW!!!!!
+Quote Post
naMelesS
post Dec 19 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 1,585

QUOTE(DrPuffinKind @ Dec 19 2009, 10:38 PM) *

well, i been running these side by side for the last day, and have spent some time with the new ones... new bot Pros:
-their nav mesh allows for movements that is more natural (not quite as predictable as rcbot2)
-classes included mostly do their jobs (medic wont fight much... just waits for someone to heal, or to be killed standing still)
-they are a formidable opponent on most KOTH maps... (the only ones "officially" suported)

Cons:
-pl blu runs to cap point without the cat DOH!!... and red just wanders around... (at least they fight...)
-not nearly as "smart" as rcbot!! (i catch way more of them sleeping than my rcbots... of course i have rcbot intellignecs and skills cranked up... not sure how they compare to a raw install of this bot...)

all in all, i can say my rcbot2 server stays mostly full and the biggest complaint i get is the bots are "too good" with the skills cranked up, but they are not supposed to be freebees as you get points in our scoring system for killing them... lol... and my servers running the new bots dont see near the same amount of play... i think valve has a lot of work to do if they want to dethrone the reigning king!! biggrin.gif RCBOT2 FTW!!!!!

Heyo, have you tried using nav_generate? Its awesome, I use that to generate the waypoints for the TF bots and it works quite best on koth_garbage_day
+Quote Post
DrPuffinKind
post Dec 19 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #27

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(naMelesS @ Dec 19 2009, 10:13 AM) *

Heyo, have you tried using nav_generate? Its awesome, I use that to generate the waypoints for the TF bots and it works quite best on koth_garbage_day

um yeah... that would be the "nav mesh" system i was discussing
+Quote Post
der.zoomer
post Dec 19 2009, 03:32 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 1,738

I've just updated my TF2 RCBot2 Server and started it with no problems at all.
No crashes yet.
However, I only was using the new Valve TF2 bots on a listen server.
By dedicated server still has the RCBot2 ones, because they behave better in the end.
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Dec 19 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #29

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(naMelesS @ Dec 19 2009, 07:28 AM) *

Oh yea, you have to remove the rcbot plugin before you can use that tf_bot_add commands.

yes,I lol'd when I found out THAT caused the crashes. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(DrPuffinKind @ Dec 19 2009, 02:38 PM) *

Cons:

The TFbots work on Dustbowl and Egypt just fine, they're a blast killing (and being slaughtered) by them.
+Quote Post
chann
post Dec 20 2009, 08:05 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,651

QUOTE(DrPuffinKind @ Dec 20 2009, 12:08 AM) *

An understatement ph34r.gif
+Quote Post
Ben L.
post Dec 20 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 1,766

It would be cool if RCBot could read (or convert) the TFBot nav meshes. It would save a lot of time looking for usable AI for maps - some of the maps that come with the game don't even have AI yet as RCBot.

I have noticed that the TFBots don't like to go to point E on cp_steel EVER. I can cap point E and none of the TFBots will try to defend it, and none of the BLU TFBots even try to cap it.
+Quote Post
der.zoomer
post Dec 20 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 1,738

QUOTE(Ben L. @ Dec 20 2009, 05:19 PM) *

It would be cool if RCBot could read (or convert) the TFBot nav meshes. It would save a lot of time looking for usable AI for maps - some of the maps that come with the game don't even have AI yet as RCBot.

I have noticed that the TFBots don't like to go to point E on cp_steel EVER. I can cap point E and none of the TFBots will try to defend it, and none of the BLU TFBots even try to cap it.

The problem is a disabled route to control point E.
You know, the bridge to this CP is disabled until you cap C, the bars are drawn when capping D.

So just add a rocketjump type and/or doublejump type and there will two classes try to cap or get you biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
chann
post Dec 22 2009, 03:29 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 1,651

There's now a blog update about the TFbots. Interesting, I didn't know that they're based on the L4D bot AI - there's a long technical presentation about the different AI aspects they've seemingly reused in TF2.
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Dec 22 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #34

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Ben L. @ Dec 20 2009, 04:19 PM) *

That's because the bridge to E isn't expanded on start of the map, so the nav_generate won't generate the Navigation Mesh for that area.
+Quote Post
Sjru
post Dec 24 2009, 09:41 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,567

Somebody forgot to say it, but fire shows when tfbot pyros uses the flamethrower.
Ah and heavys move when attacking, wow. Also i've seen them placing stickies.

But the masterpiece here is the ability of the bots to stay still when you stun them.

I've managed to load rcbot without crashing: unload rcbot, add the tfbot first, and then load the plugin again.
However, all rcbot commands say "can't use", and I cannot add any rcbot due that.
Any ideas on how to fix that?

moved to this topic - rcbotCheeseh
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 24 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #36

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Sjru @ Dec 24 2009, 09:41 PM) *

Somebody forgot to say it, but fire shows when tfbot pyros uses the flamethrower.
Ah and heavys move when attacking, wow. Also i've seen them placing stickies.

But the masterpiece here is the ability of the bots to stay still when you stun them.

I've managed to load rcbot without crashing: unload rcbot, add the tfbot first, and then load the plugin again.
However, all rcbot commands say "can't use", and I cannot add any rcbot due that.
Any ideas on how to fix that?

all of the tfbots take advantage of being the main bot running in the game and therefore have direct access to the TF2 mod code, unlike plugins. Plugins are secondary and even when the tf bots are not running they still override RCBot controls, such as pyro flame, medic healing, scout double jumping, soldier rocket jumping, crouching, etc, and valve will most likely never fix this. So basically rcbot for tf2 is pointless and now must be developed for other mods (thanks valve.......)

The reason the game crashes when a bot is added is because the tfbots just think only one bot will only be used and use rcbot "bot slots" even when they are in use. The game will therefore crash when u add an rcbot and a tfbot. This could be edited in rcbot by using slots that will most likely not be used however this is impossible because the way rcbot works now (becaue of valve game changes) is to add a controllable (braindead) bot and control it, but rcbot has no direct control over which slot these bots are added to (i.e. slots are 1 - 32 (max))
+Quote Post
Sjru
post Dec 24 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

I did it!
I managed to use rcbot with tfbot, just add rcbot bots you need, pause the plugin (plugin_pause), add tfbots, and unpause rcbot (plugin_unpause).
!!
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 24 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #38

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Sjru @ Dec 24 2009, 10:09 PM) *

I did it!
I managed to use rcbot with tfbot, just add rcbot bots you need, pause the plugin (plugin_pause), add tfbots, and unpause rcbot (plugin_unpause).
!!

in that case please upload some youtube vid / demo in dustbowl, for example smile.gif
+Quote Post
Sjru
post Dec 24 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Thats what im doing, but in koth_nucleus, tfbot don't cap in cp maps.

EDIT: Got the first youtube video, sorry for the wait, but i'm on a hurry (celebrating xmas).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEDbQ58J-r4

The video is a bit laggy, i know I don't have the best of computers.
Tomorrow I would upload a versus match on a small map, to see what bot is best (for now).
Cheseeh, don't forget to put that link on the rcbot video topics, if it still exist.

Merry xmas for everyone (if you haven't celebrated yet).
Bye
+Quote Post
DrPuffinKind
post Dec 24 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #40

RCBot Fan

just for the record, i run servers with both, and this one is the one that gets the play
these bots kick the shit out of valve's version!

edit: although... it would not break my heart if you ported these over to DODs... that is a game in desperate need of a workable bot solution...

and i gotta ask again... Is there a place i can donate some cash to this dev effort?... i use the shit out of these bots and would like to throw a couple bucks your way for your efforts if i could...
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:16 PM