Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dedicated server install.
TTGC
post Oct 25 2016, 05:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,474

Hi there,

I have a rented server for DODs, will full ftp access, but have had no successes installing the bots. Been trying for a week now unsure.gif

Please help!

Cheers Daniel
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
madmax2
post Oct 28 2016, 12:07 AM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Hi Daniel,

Welcome... yeah, rented servers are tricky... blink.gif

You need to post more details to get some help... Also, it may of been better to post in the RCbot2/Dedicated Server or dods or Nightcore's forum, as some members may ignor the RCbot1 forums... And I'm not the best person to answer dedi server questions, I don't have one. wink.gif

What platform are you on, windows or linux? There are two rcbot2 branches now, Cheeseh's and Nightcores. Only the metamod versions will work on steam now.

I'm not sure what is working best for rented servers now, but you may want to try Nightcore's r473 or r474 (there are no other choices if you are on linux). He has good directions too (just beware the instructions are written for both listen & dedi server).

What are the symptoms? (bots join but don't move?, it crashes when bots join or before they join?, etc)

Console log? Errors? Don't forget to use rcbotd on dedi servers (rcbotd addbot, etc...)

How is your folder structure set up. What is in your rcbot2.vdf and bot_mods.ini (errors here is often the reason bots won't join). Is metamods working, type meta list, did rcbot load. What version of metamods?

Some sort of details are needed to help you... rolleyes.gif

It's also possible a recent dods update broke the bot, but usually that is not the case on dods. In September it was still working on dods, I haven't updated this month? ohmy.gif

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:37 AM