Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The story so far, bots working. More or less
Liss Olefract
post Sep 10 2015, 01:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,407

Ok,

I installed CentOS 7 and Dod:S dedicated server. It came with a wrapper thats called dodserver and that is based on tmux. Build by some bloke. He calls it Linux Source Game Manager wich is basically a wrapper. When you install the thing, it leaves with a /home/<your_name> base directory in which the dodserver script is installed, everything else goes in the directory serverfiles. Anyway, I installed both meta and source mod and rcbots. Now its gets a bit fuzzy. Accoording to the console output, the rcbots command get executes twice due to the fact that I probably start the plugin using the rcbots.vdf method (in dod/addons directory) as well as the 'standard(?) method of which I actually don't know how it works.
Probably starts the .so file somehow. But it loads, sort of because the waypoint can't be loaded. The server complains about not findfing or not being able to open the waypoint file and then it says something about rw mode. No idead what that means (actually I do know that it means, but is makes no sense because all the waypoint files are rwxrwx--- and owned by the proper user).
But here is the thing. When I start a game (connect to my server that is) I am able to add bots by means of the rcbot addbot command but the bots I create don't move; all they do is turn around a bit. But when I, using the admin mod, change a map and then add bots, then it works and the bots go off and killing each other and having a ball biggrin.gif . When I drop from the server, the bots disappear.
So it works. More or less. Any thoughts anyone?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:56 AM