madmax2
post Dec 31 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #1

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Happy New Year
A new RCbot Angelscript waypoint for the map Suspension by Hezus

The waypoint is still a WIP, but the whole map is waypointed. The map was a bit of a challenge to wpt without notouch, as each area is seperated by teleports/warpzones. Now that the whole map is waypointed, I may want to recheck the spawn area, see if it can be improved. It works ok, but I wasn't sure if connecting a path all the way from the spawn area would work, it just uses an important wpt in the center to pull the bots in. I'm not sure if the osprey area moves to different locations? If not I probably could connect through the osprey, there are no wpts there atm... I still need to put in some unreachables too.

There are some issues on this map where bots don't recognize certain enemies, so it is probably impossible to win on easy. I did a test play last night and just made it to the 3rd area before losing all lives on easy, with 2 bots. I haven't worked on the wpt for a week, so after some testing i'll post about the specific enemy issues, hopefully later today.

=================
Update - Release2
=================

A bunch of additions & fix's...

All ceiling turrets and a couple mini turrets have unreachable wpts now. The Apache path has them too.

Most all Resupply crates have ammo wpts now. I skipped the first explosive crate because all bot classes will try to use them, but only engineers get ammo/explosives from them. Bots get slaughtered at the first explosive resupply crate, the other 2 are not a big issue or are better protected so engineers can use them, not that they can use trip-mines or satchel charges, yet...

Bots can use all ladders fairly well now without taking fall damage. The last ladder was the biggest problem, it looks sloppy, but bots can get up and down it much better, even if there are collisions. This and another ladder have been completely reworked... The last ladder seems slippery to the bots, they want to skew to the left or right depending on how the wpts are placed, but it works well enough now... wink.gif

Did a number of wpt/path edits for better bot movement and to use cover places better...

This may be the final release? There are some minor issues I'll post about later. Kinda want to work on other wpts before doing any more updates to this one...

[Edit 11-23-20] For RCbot_AS builds Aug 14, 2020 or older. For newer builds get the rcwa in the hotfix_crouchjump_rcwa_pack.zip in main topic here:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=15252

Attached File(s)
Attached File  suspension_rcwa3.zip ( 5.39k ) Number of downloads: 244
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 1 2019, 01:32 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Dec 31 2018, 09:45 PM) *

Happy New Year
A new RCbot Angelscript waypoint for the map Suspension by Hezus

The waypoint is still a WIP, but the whole map is waypointed. The map was a bit of a challenge to wpt without notouch, as each area is seperated by teleports/warpzones. Now that the whole map is waypointed, I may want to recheck the spawn area, see if it can be improved. It works ok, but I wasn't sure if connecting a path all the way from the spawn area would work, it just uses an important wpt in the center to pull the bots in. I'm not sure if the osprey area moves to different locations? If not I probably could connect through the osprey, there are no wpts there atm... I still need to put in some unreachables too.

There are some issues on this map where bots don't recognize certain enemies, so it is probably impossible to win on easy. I did a test play last night and just made it to the 3rd area before losing all lives on easy, with 2 bots. I haven't worked on the wpt for a week, so after some testing i'll post about the specific enemy issues, hopefully later today.

Thanks madmax.... Which enemies don't they recognise? I can probably put a fix in.

Also the bots should know which teleport destination the teleport goes to as long as the waypoint at the teleport is a teleport waypoint and the teleport has paths to the destination(s).
It may have multiple destinations based on which one is active, so multiple paths are fine to let bots know.

Btw you can still "notouch" but just for limited time,, I think you can increase the respawn delay to increase the time
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 2 2019, 08:34 AM
Post #3

RCBot Guru

Thanks for those tips, I will try notouch again wink.gif

Build tested: e88b08910430ad64d8a4a612a023c7774ae455e0
Build tested: 9f4cbd34ddd83f3304342be66c48de5a88134203

ok, I haven't had time to go back and retest yet, will try to do that in the morning with new build? It was either the human grunts or enemy grunts, they would shoot one but not the other (all this was with notarget/godmode on bots). I think it was the human grunts they did not shoot, but a bit unsure unsure.gif ?

[EDIT] My mistake, they do attack both types of grunts. I think because bots are so intent on attacking the tanks they seem to ignor the nearby enemys at times. Seems like attacking breakables(tanks) is a higher priority than defending themselves from nearby enemies? I'm still testing the explosives on tanks issue. I did see one bot shoot an RPG in direction of a tank when I teleported it to the area...

They don't attack the tanks properly, they will shoot & knife them haha, but that does no damage. They need to use explosives. This is a class type map, so some bots may not have what they need to attack the tanks. grenades, satchel charges, RPG's can damage the tanks. I observed bots using RPG's on the grunt enemies, but they would not RPG the tanks. For a test I gave all bots grenades, again I never saw bots throw grenades at any of the tanks, but only at one of the grunt type enemies. I can't be 100% sure if they still had grenades left, but I think they should of thrown a grenade at one of the 3 tanks, but never saw it happen.

Here is some search info on the first 2 tanks, guess I didn't save it for the 3rd tank at end of map.
CODE
Suspension - 1st tank - bots shoot but not grenadeing

[RCBOT]pBreakable.pev.target != ''
[RCBOT]Breakable IS AN ENEMY
[RCBOT]681 : func_breakable frame=0 distance = 150.707504 (x=-44,y=-1536.5,z=110.5) visible=1,solid=4,angle.x = 0, angle.y = 0
[RCBOT]682 : func_tank frame=0 distance = 162.061966 (x=-55,y=-1505,z=168) visible=1,solid=4,angle.x = 2.646909, angle.y = 285.676208
[RCBOT]729 : env_sprite frame=8.97422 distance = 73.92614 (x=-19.864777,y=-1650.691406,z=186.107544) visible=1,solid=0,angle.x = 0, angle.y = 0

------------------------
2nd tank - bots shoot but not grenadeing

[RCBOT]1 : player frame=52.200245 distance = 0 (x=245.554443,y=-403.225586,z=132.366943) visible=1,solid=3,angle.x = -2.140503, angle.y = -119.981689
[RCBOT]72 : func_tank frame=0 distance = 177.618317 (x=159.810822,y=-558.589783,z=140) visible=1,solid=4,angle.x = 0, angle.y = 270
[RCBOT]74 : func_tankmortar frame=0 distance = 177.618317 (x=159.810822,y=-558.589783,z=140) visible=1,solid=4,angle.x = 0, angle.y = 270

[RCBOT]481 : path_track frame=0 distance = 192.947723 (x=160,y=-576,z=140) visible=1,solid=1,angle.x = 0, angle.y = 0
[RCBOT]563 : trigger_hurt frame=0 distance = 191.792282 (x=160.810822,y=-573.089783,z=105) visible=0,solid=1,angle.x = 0, angle.y = 0
[RCBOT]pBreakable.pev.target != ''
[RCBOT]Breakable IS AN ENEMY
[RCBOT]564 : func_breakable frame=0 distance = 191.142899 (x=160.810822,y=-573.089783,z=110) visible=1,solid=4,angle.x = 0, angle.y = 0
[RCBOT]565 : func_conveyor frame=0 distance = 177.618317 (x=159.810822,y=-558.589783,z=140) visible=1,solid=4,angle.x = 0, angle.y = 265.177399

Since we are talking enemy recognition, activist maps 1 & 2 have some issues too. 3rd map seems ok, I think? I set aside the activist maps to work on these new wpts, but in activist-1 notargeted bots will run right past the enemy barneys & otis's at the beginning, just like the old bots were doing way back on sc4.6 or 4.7? Just like the tanks on this map, on activist-2, bots won't grenade the Super-Mega Containment Zord (probably a reskinned GARG - bullets do little or no damage). I haven't fully checked the 2nd map, but I have activist 1 & 3 wpts nearly done, I probably could add those to the pack tomorrow or soon? Activist maps was almost 2 weeks ago, so an older build was used...
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 3 2019, 06:57 PM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

Bump... rolleyes.gif

[EDIT] My mistake, they do attack both types of grunts. I think because bots are so intent on attacking the tanks they seem to ignor the nearby enemys at times. Seems like attacking breakables(tanks) is a higher priority than defending themselves from nearby enemies? I'm still testing the explosives on tanks issue. I did see one bot shoot an RPG in direction of a tank when I teleported it to the area...

It's almost as if the bots vision is to narrow, they see the breakables very well from a distance and sometimes attack other enemies that are between them & the breakable(tank), but don't see other enemies nearby that would be more of a threat. But this is with notarget on them, so they are not under attack from those enemies, which I assume could make a difference in how they respond. I remember seeing this behavior in other maps, but I should do more normal testing without notarget on the bots.

As for using explosives on the tanks, debug did show me they were probably running out of RPG ammo before they got to the tank, they would use it up on the turrets or other enemies first. But i'll try teleporting RPG bots & maybe give them extra ammo. I think the grenades could be the same thing, running out of ammo, using it up on other enemies?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 3 2019, 10:48 PM
Post #5

Admin

CODE

/** Smaller factors are better */
    float getEnemyFactor ( CBaseEntity@ entity )
    {
        float fFactor = distanceFrom(entity.pev.origin) * entity.pev.size.Length();

if ( entity.GetClassname() == "func_breakable" )
            fFactor *= 2;
        else if ( entity.GetClassname() == "monster_male_assassin" )
            fFactor /= 2;

return fFactor;
    }

Bots should focus less on breakables hence the above code.... their vision is dependent on the engine fov. Once they choose an enemy they may flick between others if there is another with a lower enemy factor (such as distance). The bigger the enemy the more likely the bot will attack even if it is further away. Male assassins have more priority as they snipe. I haven't been able to find a flag that lets bots know if breakables can only be broken by explosives, once I find that I can make bots keep their explosives until then.

BTW I've added scientist and barney waypoints now, they must be on important waypoints to work.

also notouch is fixed so you stay as spectator now

+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 4 2019, 05:33 PM
Post #6

Admin

Update: I've just fixed the bots now so they only use explosives against breakables that require explosives to break
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 4 2019, 07:19 PM
Post #7

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jan 4 2019, 09:33 AM) *

Update: I've just fixed the bots now so they only use explosives against breakables that require explosives to break

Cool cool.gif , I will try the new build today, thanks... Good updates...

With previous build last nite, trying to get bots into position to use the RPG on the tank was difficult. Too many high value targets in this map, using up ammo on the apache & osprey's circling overhead. Nothing to be done about that, though.

Would it be possible to have bots guide the RPG rockets to the targets? Didn't look like the were doing that, it seems the old bots could do that? Maybe they were doing it part of the time & I didn't notice it, not sure?

+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 5 2019, 09:26 PM
Post #8

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jan 4 2019, 07:19 PM) *

Cool cool.gif , I will try the new build today, thanks... Good updates...

With previous build last nite, trying to get bots into position to use the RPG on the tank was difficult. Too many high value targets in this map, using up ammo on the apache & osprey's circling overhead. Nothing to be done about that, though.

Would it be possible to have bots guide the RPG rockets to the targets? Didn't look like the were doing that, it seems the old bots could do that? Maybe they were doing it part of the time & I didn't notice it, not sure?

oreviosuly bots treated RPGS like sniper rifles, so they would only put the laser on as soon as they got an enemy then put it off again. I've added code now so that they should keep it on.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 6 2019, 01:20 AM
Post #9

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jan 5 2019, 01:26 PM) *

oreviosuly bots treated RPGS like sniper rifles, so they would only put the laser on as soon as they got an enemy then put it off again. I've added code now so that they should keep it on.

Nice... Thankyou... smile.gif

Notouch works good, and bots are less focused on the breakables and kill more grunts, so that is good too..

Could you fix it so bots can use theses ammo resupply crates without putting an important wpt on them.

IPB Image

Have them use it if any of these wpts are next to the crate: ammo, health, or armor wpts. There is a func_button on them but no func_healthcharger or func_recharger. So after they decide its not a health or recharger, they would use mommentary button press's. I saw these crates drop health as well as ammo on desertcircle, and I believe I saw them drop batteries on some map, but not on this map. I don't like using important wpts on these resupply crates, they aren't primary goals and it wouldn't work right for scripted maps...

Low priority request: Would it be possible to have bots throw satchel charges at enemies, especially tanks, or large targets (but not aircraft, lol)??? Even if they blew themselves up part of the time laugh.gif ...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 6 2019, 12:56 PM
Post #10

Admin

I've made it so if the bots can't find any ammo_(or health/armor etc) nearby they just press the nearest func_button (or func_door for desertcircle). Means you'll need to put the ammo waypoint outside the box as they need to touch it. I tested it in suspension, it seems to work.

as for explosives -- will work on that

btw I've improved the "platform" waypoint

CODE

normal wpt --> jump --> platform (on) --> platform (off) --> normal/jump waypoint
                                    |                         |
                                    |                         |
bot waits for platform to arrive    |  bot waits on platform  |
(gives up after some time)          |  until it reaches next  |  bot carries on as normal
                                    |  platform waypoint      |

just use the platform waypoint type for both "on" and "off" (or intermediate points). Haven't had much chance to test tho. I will maybe make a test map
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 8 2019, 12:31 AM
Post #11

RCBot Guru

I've made it so if the bots can't find any ammo_(or health/armor etc) nearby they just press the nearest func_button (or func_door for desertcircle). Means you'll need to put the ammo waypoint outside the box as they need to touch it. I tested it in suspension, it seems to work.

Thanks, I'll fix the wpt for that (remove the clipped wpts)... smile.gif

btw I've improved the "platform" waypoint

Haven't done any maps with platforms yet, perhaps soon...

My power has been out for 36 hours, huge storm came through the night before yesterday... dry.gif Wish I had a generator... rolleyes.gif

I'll get back to this tonite... smile.gif

+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 8 2019, 09:05 PM
Post #12

RCBot Guru

Build#: 6a6cd48643df99b0caa3198a6380ab718edf72e5

I worked on the wpt last night, from beginning to end. Fixed the ammo resupply boxes, some appeared to be dropping health too, but it may of been a medic dropping health when he used the box? Yeah, that seems to work good now... smile.gif

I added a wpt so bots get one of the RPG ammo packs under the bridge, and some other tweaks..

Think I need to work the down direction of the ladders a bit more, bots are falling there more than I thought. The last ladder is the worst, since it is both a down & up. So probably have another day of work & testing before a update.

I was thinking about bots using explosives, maybe a grenade or explosive wpt to flag high value targets, but that won't work on a moving target, such as 2nd tank. The bots do miss the Apache & osprey with the RPG, but so do I, they do hit them too. They hit them a lot more with bullets, because it is instant. They do hit the engines with bullets, but at close range on the osprey, it looks like they are hitting the fuselage ?

They did hit the last (stationary) tank with the RPG about 5 or 6 times, if I eliminated all other enemies in the area. It seemed they would use the RPG on the tank with or without an unreachable wpt on it, but it may of been better with an unreachable? Do they use unreachables to help aim the RPG or see the target better, kinda like RCbot2 does? They seemed to hit the front of the tank with the unreachable at the front, but with no unreachable they were getting closer and hitting the side or corner of the tank. That could of been all just coincidence, just where they were at the time they had RPG ammo?

Oh, forgot to mention, nice job on the debug improvements, showing on the screen now... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 8 2019, 09:31 PM
Post #13

Admin

hey, cool.

the unreachables don't help them aim, just for visibility to help them take cover.

did you update the waypoint in the first post? tongue.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 8 2019, 11:21 PM
Post #14

RCBot Guru

did you update the waypoint in the first post?

Not yet, I'm working on it... Maybe by time you get up in the morning... wink.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 9 2019, 11:35 PM
Post #15

RCBot Guru

The waypoint has been updated, see the first post... smile.gif

[EDIT] Temporarily removed the waypoint due to new ladder problems. Re-tested the ladders with the new build, and the code changes borked a couple ladders. I've got them mostly fixed now, but want to test them again. The code changes will be good going forward, but I think I will need to check the ladders on some of my wpts... Some ladders I've done don't have ladder wpts at both top & bottom, one of the ladders in this map was that way and no longer worked well, bots could not get on the ladder at the bottom...

On the plus side, bots are no longer sliding sideways on that last ladder. Had to remove the staynear flag on the top ladder wpt there, that was needed to keep them on it before...

Anyways, I should be uploading a fixed wpt soon... rolleyes.gif

Build: bb7a690a23584f6cf3ed2488f5feea3c5a9e7960
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 10 2019, 09:09 AM
Post #16

RCBot Guru

The waypoint has been updated, again blink.gif , see the first post...

Bots may take occasional fall damage at that last ladder, but it's as good as I can get it for now...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 10 2019, 01:05 PM
Post #17

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jan 10 2019, 09:09 AM) *

The waypoint has been updated, again blink.gif , see the first post...

Bots may take occasional fall damage at that last ladder, but it's as good as I can get it for now...

Yeah i updated the ladder code. But maybe going down is a bit broken. Will have a look tonight
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 10 2019, 08:10 PM
Post #18

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jan 10 2019, 05:05 AM) *

Yeah i updated the ladder code. But maybe going down is a bit broken. Will have a look tonight

I think the fall damage was mostly due to collisions with one bot trying to go up & one down. The bottom bot (going up ladder) looked like it would back up to let the other by, and that worked part of the time. Occasionally one or the other or both would fall. It wasn't that bad. Single bots going down were doing ok, but they did slip at times and would catch themselves before any damage. I was also using crouch flags, first just on the bottom ladder wpt, then at the top too. I tried both ways and felt it was helping bots get past each other, mostly at the bottom. They would fall with or without the crouch flags, it didn't seem any worst with them, so I left it that way.

But the main point, it was ok for single bots, and they hang on to the ladder better than before. We don't want them to tight to the ladder that they cant get past each other, unless you can add some avoidance where they can slip past another bot? I only make ladders bidirectional when it is the only way, so it is not common on my wpts.

On Many of my old wpts, ladders are done in a non-standard way, only one ladder wpt at the top, no ladder wpts, some even use jump wpts at the bottom ladder wpt! But most of those rcw's haven't been converted yet... In many ways they already work better on ladders than the old bots did... I don't see them getting stuck to the bottom of ladders anymore, I don't have to use a jump wpt just before the ladder, the approach angle is not so touchy...

Anyways, if you make any changes to the ladder code, I will have to check all my finished wpts. But that is OK, i'd rather this is done sooner rather than latter, before reworking more wpts. I knew this would eventually happen, so lets get it nailed down now... wink.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 10 2019, 08:23 PM
Post #19

Admin

done some tweaks to ladder code now (again) for bots climbing downwards mainly. Although the waypoints need 'ladder' type for them to follow the code properly. only two waypoints needed (from start to end)

{edit}

The idea is that when going up ladders bots will look towards the ladder and up.

When bots are going down the ladder bots will look away from the ladder and down.

This seems to give best results for climbing.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 11 2019, 07:20 PM
Post #20

RCBot Guru

Build: 9553bfdcd03e06e8710ea85e11134fba576bb7ae

The 1st 2 ladders are working well, the down ladder is near perfect, and I think the up ladder is working good too, they were just distracted by enemies (osprey) and slipping off sideways, sometimes.

The last ladder is just a pain, now they rarely can get off at the top, I haven't tried to fix it yet, it is the same configuration I have had there since the 1st ladder code change. When they get to the top of this ladder they sort of flip around, miss stepping off the ladder & slide down the ladder & take some fall damage, this keeps repeating until they die. I saw one one bot make it successfully last night. They were doing better on this ladder with the last build sad.gif ...

All ladders in this map are free standing where bots step on or off to the side, at the top. I don't have a good image to post, and I won't get back to this until later today or tonight? So if you want to do anymore tweaking, go ahead... I could probably fix the problem by moving one of the top 2 wpts, or add an intermediate wpt between the ladder & normal wpts?

Think I will check some other map ladders tonight, the one in desertcircle was working ok last night. The free standing ladders & ladders where bots have to step on or off from the side will be the most difficult, perhaps vent ladders too?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:38 PM