2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RCBot v1.443-beta Released!
Ryusho
post Oct 15 2017, 04:21 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,436

Thats really sad they don't seem to have any interest in supporting you at all, at least as far as o ne can tell because it looks like they would -want- to help Rcbot since it has been a huge part and aid to the comunity for quite some time and even really helped Svencoop take off in some ways.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GiGaBiTe
post Oct 29 2017, 01:34 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,238

QUOTE(RoboCop @ Sep 25 2017, 01:25 AM) *
As for v1.443-beta for Sven, Sniper and AdamR didn't appear to show any interest or enthusiasm with those upgraded bots. They didn't share their headers or any tips on how to make those bots be more adapted for Sven v5. I'm guessing they don't want the bots nor the Metamod Addons to be supported for Sven nowadays.

It's not just the bots and Metamod the SC devs don't care about, they haven't had any direction for the game itself in years. They add random half-assed features that nobody even asked for and don't bother fixing known and documented bugs that have existed for sometimes years.

One significant bug which I discovered recently is a nasty AI navigation and scripted sequence bug, which causes heavy CPU usage on the server and client lag when Metamod is used. I've mentioned it several times, and the devs have pretty much zero interest in resolving it.

Though I'm such a thorn in their side with publicly criticizing them for doing nothing, and sharing information to the public about the problem, that I've heard from back channels they're discussing something about it. I'm not going to hold my breath though, they have a history of disappointments.

Currently their stance is metamod is not supported, so they're not required to do anything about it. They desperately want everyone to convert over to their garbage Angelscript system which is vastly inferior to Metamod+AMXX, and far more complex to program for. Angelscript pales in comparison to Metamod+AMXX in terms of features and support.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 07:16 PM