IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RCBot Decoy Mission!, Carry 5 RCBots through this mission optimized for them.
Marios
post Jan 9 2016, 08:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,377

I have had this population file on my hard drive since the beginning of goddarn time. It is not exactly finished, although it does have some content.

So, instead of working on it to release it finished, I'll just share it with the RCBot community (as it is intended mainly for them)

So, this is mvm_decoy_rcbot! You and 5 other RCBots will have to fight through simplified, although uneasy and unusual waves of robots!
Fact is, the RCBots cannot buy upgrades. In fact, not even you! I have removed each and every trace of credits! The robots are supposed to run on money, according to the canon, and now they don't make as much sense because now they run on absolutely nothing. You heard that right! Absolutely nothing!

So, here it is, attached. Make sure to change the extension to .pop, as it appears unusual extensions are not allowed from the forum. Additional notes:
  • The mission is preferred to be played with default profiles only and with the following commands:
    rcbot_skill 0.75
    rcbot_anglespeed 0.25
    rcbot_defrate 0.19
    You can experiment with those values yourself so you can help on improving the experience of the mission for everyone.
  • With 5 other human players, you would be easily able to beat the mission. Well, if we exclude wave 5 perhaps...
  • Every wave before 5 is confirmed possible. The rest... well, see for yourself! But wave 5... I want to make it an endurance wave and I don't want to make it easy, and it's still impossible...
  • Feedback and contributions will be greatly appreciated, so that we can make this a good mission for RCBots.
  • Versions 1.00 and above are recommended as below versions have critical MvM gameplay bugs or are not compatible with MvM at all.
  • If an RCBot goes Sniper, kick him out instantly or lose the wave and hope he changes class (provided you have enabled that)
  • RCBot Spies have the interesting side-effect of insta-killing any giant they backstab, no matter what. Use this to your advantage.

UPDATE 24/5/16: Updated version of the mission is coming very soon

Attached File(s)
Attached File  mvm_decoy_rcbot.txt ( 46.21k ) Number of downloads: 370
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:01 PM