Reply to this topicStart new topic
> dod_coire_rc3 + dod_santos_b3
genmac
post Mar 17 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #1

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

Ok here's some new wpts for the week as requested.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  2wptsmarch182013.rar ( 10.83k ) Number of downloads: 348
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Emotional
post Mar 20 2013, 06:35 AM
Post #2

RCBot Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,260

Thanks!)
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 26 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #3

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

This may not be the best place to post this, but I didn't want to knock anyones posts off the front page..

I finally got rcbot2 installed on dods and played all the official maps. I just wanted to say it was fun to play dods with rcbot2 and good job on the bot (cheeseh) & waypoints (cheeseh & genmac)... biggrin.gif

This is my first source game, so I'm still learning. I don't think there is any feedback I can offer atm that hasn't allready been said or addressed, except maybe the installer wasn't totally idiot proof rolleyes.gif , pressing the default button really helps, heh heh...

I've got most of the custom maps & waypoints, except the last few, so i'll be trying some out with your (genmac) rcw's, soon. Any recommendations? favorites?

Later Guys...

P.S. I also played some old dod v1.0 with sturmbot 1.6 on HL1110 (sierra cd). It was fun too. Sturmbot was a great dod bot, it wasn't perfect, but they would prone fairly well when under fire... I've got a ton of custom maps for dod, going all the way back to dod 1.3beta.. still havn't played them all...
+Quote Post
genmac
post Mar 27 2013, 06:06 AM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

hi Madmax2, fellow waypointer!

Glad you finally got dods and rcbot2 working.
For custom maps I recommend dod_strand, dod_u471, dod_titanic, dod_troddle, dod_caen, and so many more hehe.

Hope you find interest on dods waypointing as there are still 5 wpts request I havent done.
Here's the list:
dod_stug
dod_tiger2008
dod_crash
dod_dijon
dod_sora_b3
...Just post by which one you'll planning to work on.

Yeah sturmbot was good even shrikebot heck dod classic is still so good.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 28 2013, 06:11 PM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

Yes, fellow waypointer.. heh heh...

Ok, I've played the following custom maps so far: dod_strand, dod_u471, dod_troddle, dod_caen, and dod_longestday_b5.

Wow, I must say, caen is a really nice looking map, and the bots cleaned my clock tongue.gif . It was the last map I played last night, so I'm definately playing it again. And I haven't tried the modified version yet.

Troddle is one hell of a dog fight for that center bridge, the axis bots pounded me into dust on that too, but good fun. It seems familiar from dod1? I enjoyed the other maps, too. Strand=Charlie, excellent beach map remake.

I've been playing allied side on all the maps, so I still have axis side to play from too. Good work on the waypoints smile.gif . I've seen a few glitches, I'm not sure at this point if they are waypoint or bot issues (looks like waypoint?), do you want me to report any of that stuff?

Yeah, I would be interested in helping out with waypoints, but it will probably be a few weeks before I can dive into it wink.gif . I'm kinda slow at waypointing too, still got some rcbot1 waypoints I want to do/finish. And I don't want to completely abandon rcbot1 waypointing, I think i'm the only one doing it right now? For the next week or so I just want to play & have fun with the bots, take a break from waypointing. Allthough, it would be cool to get a waypoint included with a bot release, hmmm, have to think about that more... rolleyes.gif

Anyways, for now, feel free to waypoint any of those you want too, I'll let you know when I'm ready to give it a go.

Later...

[edit] Played caen again, i did better 2nd time (6vs6), I had them down to 1 flag, then they had me down to 1 flag, then right before the time limit expired (20min), I took a running chance for the last flag & made it, good stuff... tongue.gif

Also, re-played troddle (3rd game, 6vs6), great intense fire fight. I finally kept them from getting the bridge flag & capped it, but couldn't get the other flags. I out scored them. I love maps like this, I know there is a dod1 map that this is based on, the name escapes me right now? excellent.... smile.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Mar 29 2013, 04:46 AM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

hehe seems you're having a blast with the bots! awesome!

yeah plz do report some things about the wpts or the bots itself.
Always on a look out for some further improvement on the wpts.
Sometimes there are wpts not connected especially those that goes up.
Sometimes there are too much paths making the bots kinda confused I think and would
stay together in one wpt but sooner would start moving, don't if know if that's a bug
or just wpts with too much paths. I'm sure Cheeseh will check this out.

Check out dod_cr44b3_remake another remake from dod I think...also a nice bridge map.
another one I can't remember map name but it's one on the list of emotional request I already waypointed. yeah I love bridge maps too hehe.

I'm also taking a little break from waypointing though I still have some few more I forgot to post lol! I'm kinda hooked with freaking CSS YAY! I hate the stock weapons on cs and css coz their modelled wrong...shell ejection port or cocking handle is on the left if you're using them right handed unlike in dod/dods totally correct weapon models. CSGO finally had it right though but CSS is a little bit better on some other aspects but CS1.6 is way way way better coz it has iron sights plugin now LoL! well I love guns and use to play airsoft so weapon details is very important for fps games now for me hehe...ok sorry for the rant. Tnc god there are high quality superbly accurate custom weapon models out there for cs and css. I'm hooked on collecting them now LoL!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:05 AM