3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RCbot 1 SvenCoop 5.0 Progress?, Currios about it
Ryusho
post Mar 24 2016, 05:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,436

Just currious since it has been silent for a while, was wondering if anyone has figured anything out, though I w ould gladly try to help if I knew much about coding and AI, >.< Though thinking about it I might be able to have a friend help if I can get him too, though he tends to be busy, but he is a programmer.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 24 2016, 06:23 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

I'm anxious for this too wink.gif , but I think Cheeseh is the only one that can fix it. He is the only person with the latest source code and knowledge... He may have some real life stuff going atm? With that said, Thank-you for offering to help out... smile.gif

Cheeseh, if this is a good time for you, you might try pm'ing snipe's again, seems the activity over there has settled down. I could post on the SC forums for some help, if you want me to do that?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 28 2016, 06:29 PM
Post #3

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 24 2016, 07:23 PM) *

I'm anxious for this too wink.gif , but I think Cheeseh is the only one that can fix it. He is the only person with the latest source code and knowledge... He may have some real life stuff going atm? With that said, Thank-you for offering to help out... smile.gif

Cheeseh, if this is a good time for you, you might try pm'ing snipe's again, seems the activity over there has settled down. I could post on the SC forums for some help, if you want me to do that?

No progress, got too much RL stuff atm, madmax, if you could do on my behalf at the moment it would be appreciated. thanks
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 11 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

I got a reply from sniper on this today...

http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/...ll=1#post518386

He said to let him know what files you need and they will send them over... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Ryusho
post Apr 13 2016, 10:51 PM
Post #5

Yay! Good to know progress is being made, and I don't really mean to seem like I'm being pushy with bringing ti back up and stuff like I did with this, I'm just really looking forward to it, so that way I can play with one or two friends, and be able to get bots to help, though It may be partly because I actually have fun trying to make decent bot-paths for various maps.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 15 2016, 08:01 PM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Apr 11 2016, 11:30 AM) *

I got a reply from sniper on this today...

http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/...ll=1#post518386

He said to let him know what files you need and they will send them over... smile.gif

Cheeseh,

I sent you another PM about this, but seems the svencoop forums are having some sort of problem right now? seems to be up & down, atm... unsure.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 16 2016, 06:08 PM
Post #7

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Apr 15 2016, 09:01 PM) *

Cheeseh,

I sent you another PM about this, but seems the svencoop forums are having some sort of problem right now? seems to be up & down, atm... unsure.gif

Left a message on their forums
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 19 2016, 09:56 PM
Post #8

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 16 2016, 11:08 AM) *

Left a message on their forums

It's been several days since you posted what files you needed (cbase.h & basemonster.h), over at the SC forums. Did anyone send them to you? Maybe I should bump that topic wink.gif ? Sniper has not posted for a few days, either unsure.gif ...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 20 2016, 09:58 AM
Post #9

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Apr 19 2016, 10:56 PM) *

It's been several days since you posted what files you needed (cbase.h & basemonster.h), over at the SC forums. Did anyone send them to you? Maybe I should bump that topic wink.gif ? Sniper has not posted for a few days, either unsure.gif ...

nope! sad.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 21 2016, 07:17 AM
Post #10

RCBot Guru

I just PMed sniper about the 2 files. I tried posting again, but that didn't work. I don't think he checks the forums every day, so I don't think he saw our posts. He hasn't posted since the 16th... blink.gif

I'm crossing my fingers... tongue.gif

[Edit] Check your email, Sniper sent the files... smile.gif

You might want to look at this, too...
http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/...ll=1#post518779
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 25 2016, 01:01 PM
Post #11

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Apr 21 2016, 08:17 AM) *

I just PMed sniper about the 2 files. I tried posting again, but that didn't work. I don't think he checks the forums every day, so I don't think he saw our posts. He hasn't posted since the 16th... blink.gif

I'm crossing my fingers... tongue.gif

[Edit] Check your email, Sniper sent the files... smile.gif

You might want to look at this, too...
http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/...ll=1#post518779

yes I saw everything, I downloaded the files and tried my best with my limited time to incorporate them into the source but it wouldn't compile because of unresolved errors. I will try again when I have the time.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 28 2016, 04:42 AM
Post #12

RCBot Guru

Okay, thanks...

In the mean time, I'm "slowly" going through the waypoints for the stock maps, to see what needs updating or fixes...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 2 2016, 09:01 PM
Post #13

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Apr 28 2016, 05:42 AM) *

Okay, thanks...

In the mean time, I'm "slowly" going through the waypoints for the stock maps, to see what needs updating or fixes...

there are some unresolved headers I require from Sniper which I've emailed him, just posted it here incase anyone else needs to chase it up:

CODE

enum Ownership is missing
definition VAR_CUSTOM in entvartype_s is missing
undefined non pointer class CStringMap

+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 5 2016, 08:53 PM
Post #14

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Apr 27 2016, 09:42 PM) *

Okay, thanks...

[Edited May 17]
Okay, what I have done so far... blink.gif

Here is a list of stock maps (including the new 4.0 map pack) and current waypoint status (compatibility), for use with sc5.0...

=================
These rcw's will likely work the same as with sc4.8, the bsp size has not changed and no change listed in the changelog:

crystal.bsp
infested.bsp
infested2.bsp
sc_doc.bsp
sc_psyko.bsp
sectore_1.bsp
sectore_2.bsp
sectore_3.bsp
osprey.bsp
sc_mazing.bsp
svencoop1.bsp
svencoop2.bsp
afrikakorps1.bsp
abandoned.bsp
murks.bsp
vger.bsp
zero.bsp

These rcw's are a good fit & will also work (sc5.0 bsp size changed)...

auspices.bsp
sc_hammerhead4.bsp
afrikakorps2.bsp
afrikakorps3.bsp
afrikakorps_bonus.bsp
shattered.bsp
sc_activist 1 2 3
sc_another.bsp

intruder.bsp
quarter.bsp
richard_boderman.bsp
sc_persia.bsp
BlackMesaEPF.bsp
hplanet.bsp
sc_royals2 & 3
sc_royals1 & 4 - some minor map changes, may need some tweaks, but should work ok
crystal2 - rcw will work but an optional secret area has been moved and will need rework
last, last2, last3 - mard's rcw's fit & are complete, only the 1st stock rcw is complete

=================
I already fixed these rcws, and they will just need to be tested on sc5.0 with the bots...

desertcircle
deadsimpleneo2 - the sc4.8 rcw's fit, just had to waypoint a new room (briefing room)
Jumpers - good fit, just not completely finished wpts, and not released yet
sandstone.bsp - fits, but need a couple areas fixed for sc4.x/5.0, it's a sc3.0 rcw - Repaired/testing
last4 - mard's rcw fits, but the tower area is broken (these are sc3.0 rcw's) - Repaired/testing
=================
These bsp's have major changes and current rcw's won't work well or at all. They will need a complete rebuild or some repair:

toonrun series - all 3 maps, rcw's 1 & 3 are broken, only 1st part of rcw2 fits
polar_rescue - in some areas, the rcw fits, some areas do not fit the rcw
Half-Life: Uplink campaign - New single map now, easy to play alone, really doe's not need bots, low priority
sc_robination.bsp - this map is getting a rework and may need a new rcw?
incoming.bsp - may have some problems, not fully checked yet? has mid air wpts in aux tank
yabma.bsp - stock rcw fits, but is far from complete

=================
Large series & campaigns (I only looked at the changelog and compared bsp sizes on these. I have not looked at the rcw's yet...)

Half-Life Campaign - current rcw's won't work, all map names changed (ported from HL1:source?) and are new. Can be played single player. Coop is not required from what I read. Although the portal map requires 2 players, so would have to skip that playing solo.

escape_series - most all maps have a small or significant size difference, except 2 maps...
sc_tetris series - all map sizes changed, need to check for button problem with working bots before fixing wpts
they ep1 series - some are same size, some are different, all were the same bsps except ep1, 5, 11, & 12
they ep2 series - no current rcws

=================
Unless I missed something, any stock maps not listed don't have a released rcw to check... I'll just update this post when I check the remaining maps...
+Quote Post
Ryusho
post May 6 2016, 02:34 PM
Post #15

Well I'm probably going to work on making Botpaths myself for maps as I encounter ones that don't have them, or don't have working ones, just because I do enjoy making at least basic pathing that can succesfully complete maps by themselves with no human support -if possible- or as little support as possible if not just so that way it is possible to play with 'only bots' and one human if you don't have internet for some reason *Even though you need internet to get the mod and maps and rcbot and stuff XD*
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 7 2016, 12:05 AM
Post #16

RCBot Guru

It sounds like we have similar approach to waypointing...

I probably won't do any major repairs for sc5.0 until we have a working rcbot dll. I may do some rcw repairs for sc4.8 that will plug right in to sc5.0? Such as sandstone, or finish & release jumpers, or wpt sc_reflux or toadsnatch if I have the time? Do rcws that will work with either version of Svencoop.

In the list above, there are rcw's that could be polished, or are incomplete, such as yabma. I know there are many in the waypoint packs that are old, broken or incomplete. So, if you do any waypoints, even if they are basic, consider releasing some, especially if there is no available rcw or the existing rcw is badly broken. Your rcw will likely be a great improvement. Even if you finish an existing rcw, that's fine, just say you did that...

Just letting you know, new or repaired rcw's are needed, and I welcome any help offered. Do what you are comfortable with... I know you are waiting for a rcbot sc5.0 dll... wink.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 7 2016, 06:37 PM
Post #17

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 2 2016, 02:01 PM) *

there are some unresolved headers I require from Sniper which I've emailed him, just posted it here incase anyone else needs to chase it up:

CODE

Did you get a reply from sniper? If not, I can try to PM him...
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 13 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #18

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 2 2016, 02:01 PM) *

CODE

Hey Cheeseh,

Did you get what you need from Sniper? I have not PMed Sniper, yet... ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 16 2016, 07:53 AM
Post #19

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ May 13 2016, 07:31 PM) *

Hey Cheeseh,

Did you get what you need from Sniper? I have not PMed Sniper, yet... ohmy.gif

Not yet. But I just tried omitting some things that I don't think are important and recompiled. let me know if it works or not.

attached metamod DLL

Attached File(s)
Attached File  rcbot_mm.zip ( 369.96k ) Number of downloads: 211
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 16 2016, 07:40 PM
Post #20

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 16 2016, 12:53 AM) *

Not yet. But I just tried omitting some things that I don't think are important and recompiled. let me know if it works or not.

attached metamod DLL

Still crashs when adding a bot, but slightly different. Windows XP now has message that Svencoop Launcher exe encountered an error and has to close... It seems to be generating a temporary windows minidump, but I can't get to it before windows deletes it (probably because I click don't send to microsoft)! Tried alt-tabbing & windows button, but the game crash screen stays on top. There is no steam dump either. Would the windows minidump have anything useful??

Here is a screen with some registers or counters, they are the same with every crash...

rcbcrash2.JPG
http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/tewlkpq5/file.html

rcbcrash3.JPG (mini dump I can't get to)
http://www115.zippyshare.com/v/JfaOUGJg/file.html

Do you still want those unresolved headers? I have a PM ready to send to Sniper...

I'm not sure if this is important, but the build version is older!!! ohmy.gif

RCbot for sc4.8:
"rcbot_ver" is "1.5_BETA_mm_release_win32 (SC 4.8) (BUILD Aug 17 2013-22:59:59)"

This build:
] rcbot_ver
"rcbot_ver" is "1.441_BETA_mm_release_win32"

Are you using the latest source??? unsure.gif
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:54 PM