Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Doesn't really fit a title :-O, Not too sure
wanabe
post Mar 10 2004, 02:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 125

I think to make it easier waypointing in certain maps it would be an interesting idea to have waypoint "prioraty" levels, for the "objective" waypoint, that way you set say, waypoint#1s prioraty to 1, so they go there since the others are behind "open later" waypoint, then they do that the whatever opens, then they all try and head to waypoint#2, ect. Im not too sure if this could really be all that good to have but it certainly would make life easier! :-P

It would also be good if the waypoint objective "graphic" would be a little bit different looking then what it is, cause my eye sight is really bad and I cannot tell the difference between one color, and one thats the same color but slightly ligher very easy, I have to look at it for a very long time.

-Wanabe
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Mar 10 2004, 06:05 AM
Post #2

RCBot Waypointer

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19

I don't see a point to this. NS does have some of the most difficult maps to navigate in but rcbot already has a waypoint to help deal with paths that are blocked early on but may become available later. This waypoint is taged "opens later". When the bots reach this waypoint and find they can't procede past it, they turn around and look for another route. Try it sometime.

Bots are not ment to be truely skilled adversarys, just opponets for players who can't play or don't want to play in public servers or just want to play and actually learn something without getting insulted because they lack skill for the game.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 10 2004, 06:27 PM
Post #3

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I believe he's talking about Svencoop, as there are objective waypoints which are important parts of the map, e.g. places where you might need to go to open a door somewhere else say...

The better way to do it is to have a number which is not the priority but the order in which they are visited. But that presents a problem as you don't want bots to go to waypoint objective 1 then 2 then 3... all the time as some may not be reachable anymore throughout the game or they don't need to go there anymore... What determines if a waypoint is reachable anymore and needs to be visited? That's the question.
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Mar 11 2004, 10:01 PM
Post #4

RCBot Waypointer

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19

That's interesting that you brought that up cheeseh. Foxbot has the ability to use scripts for multipathing through command points. This in turn lets the bots know when an alternitive path becomes available.

Foxbot reads console commands that look like this:
CODE
#well_bgrate_destroyed

On the TFC map "well" for example, this message tells the bot that a unique action has taken place. A script could be formed to tell the bot when a command point is or isn't available when a unique message occurs.

On this message, we want to tell a bot on the red team when a command point is then usable. I this case, the gate on the blue teams underwater passage has been removed.
CODE
on_msg(#well_bgrate_destroyed)
{
 red_available_only_point2
}

Something like this could prove very useful on long SC maps when teleporters or open doors become available so the bots are not always taking the same path to reach the objective.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 11 2004, 10:46 PM
Post #5

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The bots already take advantage of using later opened teleports and doors, provided there is an opens later waypoint on the other side though...! smile.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:14 AM