Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RCBot 0.85 release
madmax2
post May 7 2014, 08:45 PM
Post #41

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

I finally got .85 installed, and I must say WOW, great job Cheeseh. The speed is perfectly matched to player speed. It seems to of enhanced the random sprinting by increasing the speed. I still have more play testing to do, but I think I like it this way, makes the matches much more challenging. Users have griped about the speed being to slow for a long time now, now that it's fixed to the correct speed, we complain about that? Well I guess thats to be expected... tongue.gif

But hey guys, the variable speed cvar sounds like a good idea (or beginner, normal, fast, insane, heheh...), but if the speed is to fast for you now, you can use the sourcemod speedup plugin to slow the bots down, it works...

sm_speedup_speed 1.0 is equal to current speed, no change. Around .6 to .8 is the old rcbot2 speed. At the speedup plugin default (1.47), bots zoom around so fast it's hilarious... laugh.gif

Think i'll go back to the default profile settings and see how it works? We may need to turn our profiles down now, if it seems to hard...

@ Emotional

Does it not work, lets say, to set all axis bots to way lower settings in the bot profiles? Sounds like what you are asking for is a global override of the settings in the profiles? I think Cheeseh set it up with profiles, to simulate the variable skills of human players. I'm not saying it's a bad idea as an option, but it seems that would defeat the purpose of having profiles...?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 8 2014, 05:08 AM
Post #42

RCBot Guru

Cheeseh,

I added waypointer screen credits for the dods stock waypoints. I thought at least the stock map rcw's should have credits. Sorry, I can't help with TF2 or HL2:dm yet... sad.gif

I'm patching genmac's latest donner rcw and may tweak flash, so those will follow soon (day or so). Here is what I did so far. The waypoints I used were from the installers and as far as I could tell they are the latest, except avalanche and anzio (genmac's anzio, I may include this in next pack as an alternate rcw). Most were included with Rcbot2 versions .74 thru .85, except where noted...

CODE
MAP NAME    Screen Credit    Original rcw size    New rcw size

dod_anzio        Cheeseh       25457                25521

dod_argentan      genmac        9228                 9292

dod_avalanche    Cheeseh       18744 (.74 - .80)    18808
cheeseh, I think you updated the rcw for .85, but I could not add you as author, it was already filled in as 000, so I did the older rcw...

dod_colmar       Cheeseh       20235 (.85)          20235
cheeseh, I think you updated the rcw, for some reason this one worked, it was blank

dod_jagd         Cheeseh       20488                20552

dod_kalt          genmac       12221                12285
I did a very small tweak to kalt, I set yaw facing at top of 2 ladders

dod_palmaro       genmac        9970                10034

Screen Credit = How it will show on screen after "Waypoints by"

I checked this in the forums, so I think it's all correct, but if anything is wrong, please let me know, i'll fix it...

[Edit - New link - 9-5-14 - 30 days]
stock_dods_rcws1.rar
http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/6117455/file.html

max
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 8 2014, 03:11 PM
Post #43

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

cheers I'll add these to next release.

Okay perhaps I will need to add a speed reduce cvar hehe

I'm mainly working on TF2 right now. At the moment I'm working on scrapping the scripts entirely and automatically pick up capture points, so bots will work on tc_hydro, cp_gravelpit and don't need annoying scripts yay
+Quote Post
YuriFR
post May 8 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,318

Very cool !!! : "reduce speed cvar" biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 8 2014, 12:11 PM) *

I'm mainly working on TF2 right now. At the moment I'm working on scrapping the scripts entirely and automatically pick up capture points (...)

I sincerely hope this it's not a bad idea, or that hinders/disturb you, mr.Cheeseh (read below):

Once you're devoting to alter the structure of the Rcbot2 scripts for TF2 ("scrapping the scripts entirely"), I ask, please, that evaluates the idea of ​​implementing, too, "cvar"s for Dod:Source (after finishing with TF2), with goal of enabling user-choice between Rcbot-behaviors styles (I thought on two): one "simulate a 'multiplayer-match-behavior' " (pattern-style: common video-game) and other "simulate a 'more-realistic-combat-behaviors' " (pattern-style: based upon reality).
Even if the cvar suggested is still not working (inactive), the variable is already implemented and could be useful in the future works, WHEN / IF [!!!] you approve these idea ("two different styles of behavior" for Rc-bots).

[ Remembering: I suggested ''two'' styles, from on the dilemma of "reaction-behaviors to grenades"; to revise the arguments, go to: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=1879&view=findpost&p=12800 and http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=1879&view=findpost&p=12792 ]

In time:
Rc-bots are not performing the animation "throwing the hand-grenade" when they need or want to throw a hand-grenade against enemy positions. This applies so far only to "hand-grenade", I don't know if apply also to the "rifle-grenades". Has only been possible to see/notice the hand-grenade after it was throwed (happened to me: every time, perceive them on the floor). I think you forgot to link the animation to the correspondent act, I don't know well... .

Thanks!
smile.gif

[I using google translator, sorry]
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 18 2014, 09:03 PM
Post #45

RCBot Guru

Bots sometimes freeze up looking at breakables until I or another bot breaks it (or they are killed) with rcbot2 .85.

I've been meaning to post this for some time now, first saw it on .8, it doesn't occur on .76. In .76 I think they will shoot over top until ammo is exhausted, then they break it melee if they couldn't hit it... But in .85 this happens instead? I don't think they have emptied thier clip, this first image is in flash spawn room.

(rcbot debug images)

The first time I noticed it, with rcbot2 version .8

dod_flash0083_3.jpg
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/98264947/file.html

These images are all from .85, the conditions are usually the same as first image, but sometimes vary. Every time I break the breakable they will resume moving normally. Seems to be most all classes. The desk in the one image is not breakable, I broke the chair and the bot began moving again.

rcbot2_debug_breakables.zip
http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/91413716/file.html

Will the rcbot_shoot_breakable_cos cvar correct this? I haven't changed it from the default setting. rcbot_shoot_breakable is set to 1.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jun 18 2014, 10:18 PM
Post #46

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jun 18 2014, 10:03 PM) *

Bots sometimes freeze up looking at breakables until I or another bot breaks it (or they are killed) with rcbot2 .85.

I've been meaning to post this for some time now, first saw it on .8, it doesn't occur on .76. In .76 I think they will shoot over top until ammo is exhausted, then they break it melee if they couldn't hit it... But in .85 this happens instead? I don't think they have emptied thier clip, this first image is in flash spawn room.

(rcbot debug images)

The first time I noticed it, with rcbot2 version .8

dod_flash0083_3.jpg
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/98264947/file.html

These images are all from .85, the conditions are usually the same as first image, but sometimes vary. Every time I break the breakable they will resume moving normally. Seems to be most all classes. The desk in the one image is not breakable, I broke the chair and the bot began moving again.

rcbot2_debug_breakables.zip
http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/91413716/file.html

Will the rcbot_shoot_breakable_cos cvar correct this? I haven't changed it from the default setting. rcbot_shoot_breakable is set to 1.

the higher rcbot_shoot_breakable_cos is the less likely bots will shoot a breakable in front of them. Try a value of 0.98 (10 degrees)
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 19 2014, 10:54 PM
Post #47

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jun 18 2014, 03:18 PM) *

the higher rcbot_shoot_breakable_cos is the less likely bots will shoot a breakable in front of them. Try a value of 0.98 (10 degrees)

I finally got a bot to do it again at the default setting (.9). As soon as I entered "rcbot_shoot_breakable_cos .98" in the console, the bot ignored the breakable & went on it's merry way biggrin.gif . So, it looks like that will solve the problem... smile.gif

It was intermittent/random and usually happens inside buildings where there is little or no action. So I added "rcbot_shoot_breakable_cos .98" to my config.ini, and so far have not seen it occur again. Thanks for the tip...
+Quote Post
YuriFR
post Jun 20 2014, 02:01 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,318

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jun 19 2014, 07:54 PM) *

I finally got a bot to do it again at the default setting (.9). As soon as I entered "rcbot_shoot_breakable_cos .98" in the console, the bot ignored the breakable & went on it's merry way biggrin.gif . So, it looks like that will solve the problem... smile.gif

It was intermitant/random and usually happens inside buildings where there is little or no action. So I added "rcbot_shoot_breakable_cos .98" to my config.ini, and so far have not seen it occur again. Thanks for the tip...

AND...

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jun 18 2014, 07:18 PM) *

Four questions:

1) For that matter, I do not know if the value should be "." or ",". Example:
"rcbot_shoot_breakable_cos 0.98" or "rcbot_shoot_breakable_cos 0,98"?

2) As for the variable "rcbot_shoot_breakable" (without "_cos"), what is the difference in relation to "rcbot_shoot_breakable_cos"?

3) Another question is: if I setting the value to ",98" (or ".98"), the bots leave completely aside the "break the breakable" function, or just reduce the frequency of this function? There is an optimum value - beyond the 0.98! -, so as to achieve these behavior-function without compromising the unique dynamics of bots?

4) On the proposals made ​​in my post above [previous post: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=1879&view=findpost&p=12807], mr. Cheeseh, which outcome/resolution you got (obtained)?

Thanks, guys!
smile.gif

[I using google-translator, sorry for any misunderstanding...]
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 20 2014, 06:42 PM
Post #49

RCBot Guru

Hi YuriFR,

1) Should be . not ,
(should be like... rcbot_shoot_breakable_cos .98)

2) rcbot_shoot_breakable is an enable or disable. If rcbot_shoot_breakable = 0 bots won't shoot breakables at all. rcbot_shoot_breakable_cos sets the angle, that bots will try to shoot the breakables.

3) Yeah, bots don't seem to interested in shooting the breakables at .98. Here are some googled values:

cos(10 degrees) = 0.984807753
cos(25 degrees) = 0.906307787
cos(20 degrees) = 0.939692621
cos(30 degrees) = 0.866025404

I'm going to try some other values to see what works without them getting froze up (intermittently). It will take a while to test, as it took hours to duplicate the problem this last time at the default setting of .90. Funny thing is, I'd swear it was happening more frequent than that? Maybe it was the dll I was using? Now I'm using the latest .85 patch dll (for TF2)... Also, I don't think the freeze on breakable problem is happening in rcbot2 .76 at all?

4) I'll leave that one for Cheeseh, seems like a big project and complicated to me? Think he is working on TF2 improvements & fixes right now... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jun 26 2014, 12:36 AM
Post #50

Admin

hey madmax2, for bots freezing breakables is it a particular player class that does it mostly?
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 26 2014, 03:56 AM
Post #51

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jun 25 2014, 05:36 PM) *

hey madmax2, for bots freezing breakables is it a particular player class that does it mostly?

It can be very random, but I don't think one does it more than any other. I have images of axis mg, allied rifleman, and allied support (debug pics above ^^). Seems i've seen others too, but can't remember which ones. Since setting shoot_breakable_cos to .94 I may of only seen it once, and they will shoot breakables at that setting...

[edit] I don't think it's related to the breakables, but I see bots blocked at doorways quite a lot in donner by NON-breakable furniture. They get stuck on top of the furniture that gets blown into doorways. It looks like they are trying to jump off, but keep banging their head and they stay in a standing position, and they never crouch. In this situation they need to crouch to get off the furniture. I've got some images i'll post so you can see what i'm talking about...
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:44 PM