6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bugs found so far ..., add some yourself :P
[WS]Creditfaker
post Dec 24 2004, 10:31 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 463

i got win98 1st edition, halflife 1.1.1.0 (no steam) and ns 3.0 beta5 (and rcbot, of course).

every game i start with rcbot crashes after some minutes, often exactly when a player or bot is attacked for the first time (in this particular game). in svencoop 3.0, rcbot does fine.

my classmate has the same problem, he got win xp sp1 an the same hl and ns versions. ns with rcbot on steam doesn't make any trouble, as no-steam-ns without rcbot does.

likely unimportant note: this error occured a short time after downloading that waypoint pack. before that, ns with rcbot was playable.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Dec 25 2004, 05:56 PM
Post #22

RCBot Waypointer

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19

Well, just so that you all are aware, NS 3.0 is NOT supported on HL 1.1.1.0, ( won ) even though it has been known to run on that platfom. NS 3.0 was ONLY ment to support HL 1.1.2.0. ( steam ) so some stability and/or performance issues that may appear with using rcbot 1.38 and NS 3.0 on HL 1.1.1.0 are beyond our control.
+Quote Post
Gruuunt
post Dec 27 2004, 11:48 AM
Post #23

Advanced Moron

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 143

Errr do you mean No-Steam as in the illegal cracked version of Steam? mad.gif
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Dec 27 2004, 08:42 PM
Post #24

RCBot Waypointer

QUOTE (Gruuunt @ Dec 27 2004, 11:48 AM)
Errr do you mean No-Steam as in the illegal cracked version of Steam?  mad.gif

No, he said HL 1.1.1.0 as in WONnet. As in the pre-steam ( far better imo ) version of HL.

Sorry [WS]Creditfaker. But you either need to down grade to NS 2.01 if you intend to stick with won or upgrade to steam if you want to play NS 3.0 beta5. And this is not a bug. This is ignorance to upgrade the HL platform to play an updated HL mod.
+Quote Post
-=(AYB)=-FunkyMonkey
post Jan 23 2005, 07:10 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 481

Ive got a bug, ive been trying to run a server on ns_siege007 using rcbot and HLServer. It works fine until the first alien bot turns into a fade, then the server crashes. I tried other maps but any time the alien pops out of the egg as a fade it crashes... whats going on? in the mean time ill just disable fades... but id like to know how to fix this.
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Jan 23 2005, 10:50 PM
Post #26

RCBot Waypointer

I haven't seen that happen before. What HLDS, Rcbot and NS versions are you running? Any other mods? Please list so we can attempt to reproduse it.
+Quote Post
-=(AYB)=-FunkyMonkey
post Jan 24 2005, 01:39 AM
Post #27

HLServer v. 4.1.1.1, adminmod v2.50.60, metamod 1.17.2, rcbot im not sure as you guys dont put a version on the dll but it says created on 1/17/05, NS 3.0b5. strange thing is, i disabled fades, and yet it still crashes... previously the last message in console was "[RC]whateverbot changed role to fade" and then it would crash.

one funny thing ive noticed is that the log never completes, its like it lags a few lines behind when the actual crash happens. i look at the logs and they are missing the last 10 lines or so compared to the console window so i dont think sending the logs would help but i could if you need.
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Jan 24 2005, 05:30 AM
Post #28

RCBot Waypointer

Your metamod version is outdated for NS 3.0b5. Try MM 1.17.2.1 or newer.
+Quote Post
-=(AYB)=-FunkyMonkey
post Feb 8 2005, 03:00 AM
Post #29

Thanks much, it worked biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Yukitan
post Mar 26 2005, 02:44 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 351

Hello, I would like to report somes bugs about the bots when playing NS 3.0 Final...

[Marine]
* Whenever a Alien attack the Command Center, they come back to defend it. This is not a bug, but the problem is that they need around 10 or 20 seconds to see us "killing" the Command Center ... Sometimes they don't react at all even if they see us !

[Kharaa]
* Did not see much of thoses in Combat ... (I don't play "NS" often, since I hate to become the commander all the time.)

[Both Sides]
* RCBots OFTEN does not react when they are attacked ... Let's take a example: I'm a Skulk, I hide behind a Box and a Heavy Armor Marine come in and just walk, walk... He does not see me, I start to attack him but the bot does not react. I keep biting him until he die and he did not even try to fight back at all (I guess he did not even notice a skulk was biting him?)
* RCBots don't use their Combat Points all the time. They use it until they are level 9, then they don't use any points anymore ... (It's a bit annoying in normal combat and even more if you use a plug-in which allow players to get a higher level than 10.) //not sure about this one
* RCBots usually use any waypoint even if it's a "Alien" they will use the Marine's Waypoints.
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Mar 26 2005, 04:20 AM
Post #31

RCBot Waypointer

Well typicly, rcbots need to have a clear LOS to attack it's enemies. If there is a solid entity in the way, it will most likely hold it's fire untill it can get a clear shot. I have noticed that the marine bots start reloading there weapons at these very inopportune moments.

This would explain why, when your an alien attacking a marine bot, if the bot lost line of site contact with you, even for just a split second, it will instantly begin reloading which is why it's unable to fight back. It's not a bug per-say. More of a stupidity exploit. I would think the addition of the ability to quick change weapons to the knife if the target is to close would help rcbot marines greatly.

And last I noticed, rcbots will use all 10 upgrades but NEVER get scan or motion tracking. Hell, bot vs bot, they don't really need it but against humans, scan would be a wise upgrade if cloked aliens were detected. Rcbot and whichbot have both declared that they WILL NOT add support for other plugins, exspecially extralevels. Although rcbot aliens have been known to use the lerkspikes plugin but I assume that's completely coincidental.

I don't quite understand that waypoint thing though. Can you be a little more spacific?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 26 2005, 06:42 PM
Post #32

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The reason why bots sometimes don't turn round to face the enemy when shot is because it is now done properly instead of just saying "if random()... then face enemy", it's now using a more AI oriented approach that learns when to face the enemy depending on health taken and current health, they only learn this though each time they die so their behaviour won't change if you just keep hitting them and they are not dieing. The beauty of it is that bots will learn when to face the enemy depenging on their survival time and frags so if it finds out that it got more frags and lived longer when facing the enemy then it will do that more often, however, it may be that the bot is a very agile player class that can run away from danger and live longer so it might tend not to face the enemy and attack more often depending on how it does.
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Mar 26 2005, 09:43 PM
Post #33

I cuddle with my bots.

Member No.: 291

Do they save what they've learned? Cause each time the map changes, they go back to Generation 1, and all the sexy gooey learning starts over...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 26 2005, 11:54 PM
Post #34

Admin

no they don't save, it starts all over again each time. It should save all the stuff for each map because each map is different.
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Mar 27 2005, 06:45 AM
Post #35

I cuddle with my bots.

So.. they don't save? Or they do save each map? Or you have plans to make them save each map? blink.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 27 2005, 12:34 PM
Post #36

Admin

plans, plans
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Mar 28 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #37

I cuddle with my bots.

Clever brit.
+Quote Post
MarD
post Mar 30 2005, 09:02 PM
Post #38

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 419

Heyyo,

Heh... err... you're gonna need to play around with that health for breakables cheesh. On Project Guilty, for those totems and ammo crates that have health higher than 1000 they don't attack. I've made a basic counter for this by adding throw nades flags... thank god I turned friendly fire off, or that would've sucked.. LMAO! every other second when there's no enemy's nearby and I'm at those flags? I hear bots "TAKE COVER!" *BLAM!* and up on the top left "*insert bot name* commited suicide" lol... tongue.gif

Needless to say, I'm gonna start using more throw grenade flags for kicks. happy.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 31 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #39

Admin

It's a bit tough to know whats reasonable to waste loads of time on attacking a breakable. I thought that 1000 breakable health would be reasonable, because the ones in "case closed" had like 70000 health or something like that, and it would have took them all day to eventually break the thing...

what's better is just to tell the author of each map to do their breakables properly and make their unbreakables .. unbreakable, instead of giving them loads of health. i.e. Just don't make them func_breakables at all.
+Quote Post
MarD
post Mar 31 2005, 07:40 PM
Post #40

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 419

Heyyo,

Yeah, but odds of the map makers to fix this are like... none. So you have to do work-arounds for their sloppyness I guess.. sad.gif

Hmm, hea's an idea Cheesh, maybe we could make it a variable you can change. You know? like how you can create .cfg's for specific maps? well then an easy fix for all would be then to just create .cfg's for each map n' set the max health for attacking breakables there. This way you won't have to tinker with the source n' just set some variables instead. Us waypointers could just release the waypoints with the .cfg's with the properly set variables ourselves then. I say we try leaving the default value at 5000. I doupt anyone would put their crate health's above that, or I'd be rediculous.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 PM