IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RcBot2 0.76 video, ...they sprint a lot more now!
genmac
post Sep 19 2013, 04:39 AM
Post #1

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

http://youtu.be/YhuCwoL1HEw
Bots are now using PEDS so they can run and sprint as long as they want hehe! tongue.gif

In order for the bots to sprint a lot and won't slow down I wpted the entire map with sprint wpts and then use a extended stamina SM plugin set high so bots will never ran out of stamina like mega doped athletes hehe!

Also rcbot_dontcapture 1 is set on this demo reason they bypass the flags.

Extended Stamina SourceMod plug in found here:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1697565
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 19 2013, 06:57 AM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(genmac @ Sep 19 2013, 05:39 AM) *

http://youtu.be/YhuCwoL1HEw
Bots are now using PEDS so they can run and sprint as long as they want hehe! tongue.gif

In order for the bots to sprint a lot and won't slow down I wpted the entire map with sprint wpts and then use a extended stamina SM plugin set high so bots will never ran out of stamina like mega doped athletes hehe!

Also rcbot_dontcapture 1 is set on this demo reason they bypass the flags.

Extended Stamina SourceMod plug in found here:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1697565

nice , I don't see them sprinting so much myself, so It just kinda confirms it is working, Albeit with the plugin.
+Quote Post
genmac
post Sep 19 2013, 07:14 AM
Post #3

RCBot Guru

http://youtu.be/Q8RR4ii0M3k
Here's another video showing off their excellent combat with lots of sprinting/running to assault the 5 defending allies against 15 axis. Had to do that or it will take a long time if I balance the players hehe. Also changed the capture areas to 3, captime 0.1 sec for all, 2 player cap in the middle.

+Quote Post
genmac
post Sep 20 2013, 01:55 AM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Sep 19 2013, 06:57 AM) *

nice , I don't see them sprinting so much myself, so It just kinda confirms it is working, Albeit with the plugin.

yeah, but it's way better than before. Also you'll only see the real sprinting animation on wider areas but on certain well detailed maps they just use the faster running animation gun held at eye level.

On beta 75 I did saw one axis sprint for real but just a split second....now on 76 at least you'll see them sprinting correctly much more on maps likes this.

I experimented on dod_anzio putting lots of sprint wpts on heavily combative rushed areas and yeah they do seems faster but seldom you see the sprinting animation or i just couldn't catch much.

So yeah for those who want's them faster here's the trick hehe.
+Quote Post
genmac
post Sep 20 2013, 06:23 AM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

and here's the last orange map vid for the week...more next month haha!

Me vs rcbot2 hehe!
http://youtu.be/lQJk09wsAuA

FUN!!! laugh.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Sep 20 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

Hey genmac,

I managed to get all of the 2nd video (5sec vid/60sec download on dialup, 5sec vid - stop 60sec - repeat, heh heh blink.gif ), & 1min of the first... Funny stuff, that is what I've seen so far laugh.gif ...

I tried to run your demos too, but they fail with errors sad.gif . Then I checked all my old demos I hadn't run for a while, and they all have the same error at the bottom:

DataTable warning: No matching RecvTable for SendTable 'DT_NextBot'.

Host_Error: DataTable_ParseClientTablesFromBuffer failed.

I can play a demo I record. Seems valve did something to the demo player on steampipe again that makes older demos incompatable. I googled the error and seems the last time this happened was back in 2006, from what i could find, and it's happened on all the source games! Were the demos recorded on non-steampipe? Any ideas if there is a way to fix?

I started to add sprint wpts to flash, but didn't like the way it was working out, so I removed them for now. I need to figure out where & where not to use them, so bots don't end up walking. Their random sprinting was working good on flash tho smile.gif ... I did add 2 sprint wpts to dod_real_arena near the ladder, so allied bots might sprint a short distance to the ladder. Axis bots were ripping them up just before the ladder. It seems to help, and i didn't notice it hurt the ladder climbing, in this map.

I'll try to get the other Y-T videos this weekend, great stuff, keep em coming... The extended sprinting is excellent. biggrin.gif

max
+Quote Post
genmac
post Sep 21 2013, 10:25 AM
Post #7

RCBot Guru

Oh man I feel your pain coz I use dial-up to for a long time during the hey days of hl mods/mapping early 2000-2003, I think. You should get dsl or atleast a 1mb speed internet.

Oh Yeah I forgot demos made on non-steampipe won't work on current versions... lots of people are so pissed on that btw since people have some precious old gameplay demos, wish valve would fix that.

Yeah sprint wpts aren't really needed or must be placed properly to avoid slow down, I'll probably wait a little more sprint improvements before I add any on the stock map wpts as we really don't need bots slowing down after a sprint. The bots needs more training to gain more stamina hehe I just doped mine using a stamina plugin.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Sep 24 2013, 10:43 PM
Post #8

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

I got a look at all the Y-T video's, good stuff... You looked really good with the Thompson laugh.gif ...

Hey, your video's made the website front page... tongue.gif

As for the demos, steampipe broke demos I made just a couple month ago, too... dry.gif ... Wish valve would fix it too, and quit breaking it blink.gif ...

+Quote Post
genmac
post Sep 25 2013, 02:34 AM
Post #9

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Sep 24 2013, 10:43 PM) *

I got a look at all the Y-T video's, good stuff... You looked really good with the Thompson laugh.gif ...

Hey, your video's made the website front page... tongue.gif

As for the demos, steampipe broke demos I made just a couple month ago, too... dry.gif ... Wish valve would fix it too, and quit breaking it blink.gif ...

Tnx for checking them out hehe!

Well my thompson is on steroids LoL!

Yeah valve loves to break or complicate things every now and then... unsure.gif

I'll probably post some so called sprint wpt packs + the stamina plugin in one whole easy copy paste package
for anyone who wants to play the bots in a more fast pace way.

I'll probably will make some few more vids on real maps this time hehe.

Yo Cheesey tnx for posting the vids on the main page biggrin.gif !
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:57 AM