2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DODS map waypoints, Waypointing maps.
My Time
post Dec 16 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,256

Hello fellow RCbot2 users. I have a few dods custom maps I would like waypointed and I just can not figure it out. For the life of me its so dang confusing . If someone would waypoint them for me I would be willing to pay for it. I run two DODS dedi servers using the RCbots and they are the cats meow ! The speedup plugin was the icing on the cake ! They are something this game needed eight years ago . I have said before I wish there was a donate button to click for all this hard work . Add me on Steam as My_time . If no one has time I understand as from what I tried to do to I see it is rather time consuming . Thanks .
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
genmac
post Dec 17 2013, 06:28 AM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

Just post download links of the maps and I'll try waypoint some totally free of charge hehe.
+Quote Post
My Time
post Dec 17 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(genmac @ Dec 17 2013, 06:28 AM) *

Just post download links of the maps and I'll try waypoint some totally free of charge hehe.

Thank you very much ! I really don't expect someone to do this for me for nothing. Its nice that the whole community gets the prospects of more maps way pointed but I am more than welcome to do something back for them. When I seen so many looks at this post with out any responses at first I thought I might of went about this the wrong way. If I did I did not mean it. I am not a programmer and just do not understand the way pointing part. That is way I said I would pay for someone else's talent .These bots have made this game playable again in so many different ways . My server almost always has people playing in them and it is because they enjoy the bots being there . Genmac I will gather the links and post back. Again I cant say thanks enough for all of you peoples hard work.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Dec 18 2013, 05:25 AM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

QUOTE(genmac @ Dec 16 2013, 10:28 PM) *

What genmac said... I might be able to help waypoint a couple maps after the holidays... Merry Christmas everyone... smile.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Dec 18 2013, 06:21 AM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(My Time @ Dec 17 2013, 09:10 PM) *

Thank you very much ! I really don't expect someone to do this for me for nothing. Its nice that the whole community gets the prospects of more maps way pointed but I am more than welcome to do something back for them.

Well if you really want to give something back, Cheeseh is the one who deserves it coz without his never ending hard work we won't have any bot to play with so just pm him.

Post the links of the maps soon and I'm sure their all get done... smile.gif

@Max....hehe Merry Xmas to you to bro and to everyone here and all the botters hehe! Cheers!
+Quote Post
My Time
post Dec 18 2013, 08:04 AM
Post #6

Thanks both of you . Here are the links dod_sniperfarm http://www.dodmap.com/index.php?option=com...own&id=1198 dod_suron_map4 http://www.dodmap.com/index.php?option=com...down&id=609 dod_snow_bridge_beta2 http://www.legion-condor.de/index.php?opti...=10&catid=2 and dod_snow_map http://dods.gamebanana.com/maps/18699 . I hope the links work. I will send Cheeseh a P.M. to see if there is any way I can help him. Edit: his inbox must be full so I sent him a e-mail. If I could I would like to add you guys to my steam friends. If not I understand. Mine is just like here MY_time_! . 2nd edit : Does this link still work ? I see its rather old . https://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=248612
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Dec 19 2013, 12:54 AM
Post #7

RCBot Guru

Hey My time,

Since I'm on slow-mo dialup, I only get on steam about once a month blink.gif ... But I can add you to my friends, my steam name is same as here, madmax2.

Looks like you got the donation link from the bottom of the rss feed thread? It looks good, so long as that ntlworld email address still works, and lets him know he has some $$$. I also found these on his rcbot2 sourceforge pages...

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...7fef61ab7e9fe63

and

http://sourceforge.net/donate/?user_id=2334878

These might be older? The first one is also an ntlworld email address...

btw, I do this for a hobby & a way to give back to the community. In a way, you are already doing that with your game servers, so thanks for that. If you want to, you could give credit to this site (rcbot/forums) on your servers motd, for the bots. Maybe some of your players will decide to join the forums here?

I'd like to check out your servers some time smile.gif , but it will have to wait until I go over to a friends place, he has broadband internet...

max
+Quote Post
genmac
post Dec 19 2013, 06:47 AM
Post #8

RCBot Guru

Tnx for the links.
Will do sniperfarm may be tonight. I'm kinda rusty at waypointing so it might take a little time hehe.

edit...
Ok tried wpting the map but bots can't open the doors. I can fix that by deleting all the doors or make them pushable if possible. Editing the map will also kill some HDR textures or lighting so you need to turn that off.
If that's ok to you let me know so I'll continue working at it.

I think it's about time to ask Cheeseh to add a use type wpt for doors that needs the use key to open.

Will work dod_suron_map4 for the mean time.
+Quote Post
My Time
post Dec 19 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(genmac @ Dec 19 2013, 06:47 AM) *

Tnx for the links.
Will do sniperfarm may be tonight. I'm kinda rusty at waypointing so it might take a little time hehe.

edit...
Ok tried wpting the map but bots can't open the doors. I can fix that by deleting all the doors or make them pushable if possible. Editing the map will also kill some HDR textures or lighting so you need to turn that off.
If that's ok to you let me know so I'll continue working at it.

I think it's about time to ask Cheeseh to add a use type wpt for doors that needs the use key to open.

Will work dod_suron_map4 for the mean time.

Thanks Guys. Ya Genmac that would be fine. Edit: Thanks for the links Max. Sent him $50.00 for now.
+Quote Post
genmac
post Dec 20 2013, 01:35 AM
Post #10

RCBot Guru

Cool! I'm sure Cheeseh will be more inspired to make more improvements to the bot.

I'm working on suron now tnc god no doors hehe and much easier to wpt but the snow is too bright for me i can't see the wpt connections so had to to really turn down the
brightness way lower than it could.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 20 2013, 02:17 AM
Post #11

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(My Time @ Dec 19 2013, 05:23 PM) *

Thanks Guys. Ya Genmac that would be fine. Edit: Thanks for the links Max. Sent him $50.00 for now.

Thanks for the donation buddy. I will have to get off my back side and do something with the bot before the end of next week for u biggrin.gif !
+Quote Post
genmac
post Dec 20 2013, 02:28 AM
Post #12

RCBot Guru

Ok here's suron wpts...it's very basic but it will do for now I even ran out of wpts for this but I will optimize the wpt further soon.
---link deleted....reason...crappy wpt hehe!-----

Now checking ..dod_snow_bridge_beta2...
+Quote Post
My Time
post Dec 21 2013, 01:04 AM
Post #13

Thanks Guys. Every one is loving the new map ! I had a problem with it crashing the very first time it came up in the rotation. After looking at the error logs it was the team balance plug in doing it. Removed the plug in and everything has been all good now. Cheeseh I wish I could of sent more ,and will later , but the company I work for decided to lay everyone off for the whole month of Dec to save the company money. What scrooges .
+Quote Post
genmac
post Dec 21 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #14

RCBot Guru

https://www.mediafire.com/?2rixw8ixgo2qxn4
dod_snow_map.rcw
Enjoy hehe!

Such a fun map and a total deadlock on balanced players so I just overwhelm either team by a big ratio like for example 2-4 VS 16 and enjoy the spectacle but allies seems to defend their position much longer on that ratio.

dod_snow_map wpt is fully done with snipers, mg's, defend wpts, etc all the good stuff in place so just check it out if I missed something or any further improvements you might like for it.

Btw if you use the speedup plugin make sure to adjust the sv_gravity a little lower like 500 or 600 so axis can jump off the bunkers much smoother and faster.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Dec 23 2013, 04:41 AM
Post #15

RCBot Guru

Wow, that was quick, genmac... Great work on the snow_map rcw. Bots look to be all over the map... I'll give it a play tonite...

That suron map is like blinding bright snow, I can see why the pathways are so hard to see... Maybe thats why the wpts are so close together, heh heh? Did you have to wear sun glasses to wpt it?... cool.gif biggrin.gif

Happy Holidays,
max
+Quote Post
genmac
post Dec 23 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #16

RCBot Guru

hehe yeah LoL! I use a lighting plugin (map_lightstyle.smx) for that since mat_monitorgamma can only go as high as 2.6 (darker). It help soften up the glare making the snow look better and a little greyish or else it gonna be really hard to see those connections hehe.

dod_suron wpts is Just a warm up wpting work reason why it's so noobishly done LoL!
I've fully re-wpted it already after finally discovering where the freakin middle flag was located.
It used up all 1000+ wpts just to make sure bots dont' get bump on an un-wpted area and loose their bearing
and stay still.

Could have been easier if autowaypoint was working and auto path distance can't go above 500 I think so I really had to manually connect the last remaining wpts.

Anyway all the maps except sniperfarm are now fully wpted much more professionally so to speak hehe.
Doing some final touches on them and tnc god to speedup plugin making play test a breeze for
this spacious maps.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Dec 23 2013, 11:07 PM
Post #17

RCBot Guru

There seems to be a plugin for just about anything! I guess you find most of them through allied modders?

dod_snow wpts is Just a warm up wpting work reason why it's so noobishly done LoL!
I've fully re-wpt it already after finally discovering where the freakin middle flag was located.
It used up all 1000+ wpts just to make sure bots dont' get bump on an un-wpted area and loose their bearing.

I think you meant dod_suron, right unsure.gif ? I played dod_snow_map last nite, and it was quite fun from the allied side. Took me a while to get that 3rd allied flag between the hedges. I played w/o the speedup plugin, otherwise I would not of had a chance. It seems like flag placement favors the axis? I was disappointed to see there was no team scoring on the scoreboard after playing it. So, couldn't tell who had won the match (maybe there is a scoreboard plugin? rolleyes.gif). Those first flags inside the bunkers may be impossible to cap? Anyways, the rcw is very well done, thanks... smile.gif

Could have been easier if autowaypoint was working and auto path distance can't go above 500 I think so I really had to manually connect the last remaning wpts manually.

What was the problem with autowaypoint? The waypoint spacing? connections? For me, it seemed to work well on parts of churchyard, but for wide open areas, the spacing seems to close together, think I measured it at about 200? I'd like to use it most for wide open areas, but it places to many wpts on big maps. For wide open areas, I think wpt spacing should be closer to 350 or 400. I can understand why cheeseh set it up this way (close spacing), as it will be functional in all areas of a map (narrow/tight and wide open areas). Inside buildings, I prefer to manually place wpts around obstacles. Doorways (and stairs) usually need tweaking if autowaypointed, even though it's easy to delete and place new wpts with autopathing on. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if the spacing of autowaypoint was wider, it would be most useful for outdoors & open areas, and not placing a huge number of wpts. It would be nice if there was an adjustment for it, or perhaps a second mode (autowaypoint2) with wider spacing. Any comments/thoughts? rolleyes.gif

btw, I think when you are finished with these rcw's, you should make a post(s) in the dods waypoints forum, for them... Think I might try the snow_map again tonite, with the speedup plugin, to see how bots clean my clock. heh heh... tongue.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Dec 24 2013, 04:28 AM
Post #18

RCBot Guru

Haha yeah I meant suron geez their all 3 snow maps I got confused lol!

The scoring bug on snow_map I think is a mapper's error since those can be tricky to set up but can be fix
or use a plugin for that and yeah SM plugins are catching up compared to amx mod x tnx to those coders/scripters at allied modders. I might try learn how to do this so I can edit my fav plugins the way I like as long my brain won't fry up yaiks!

The autowaypoint is unknown command when I hit it. It's listed on the rcbot command list but it ain't working.

Is this the right way to use it?
rcbot autowaypoint on
or
rcbot waypoint autowaypoint

if their auto placed too close to each other it ain't good for wide open area maps. Some option to adjust that should be added.

I think Cheeseh should adjust the max wpts to like 2000 I think or make the auto path max distance go beyond 400 like at least 1000.

Anyway will wait for the rcbot update before continuing work on sniperfarm, those god forsaken doors LoL!...total bot hazards as well for me haha! but once the bot can open them it shouldbe fine.

All snow maps fully wpted, just go here...
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....st=0#entry12507

+Quote Post
madmax2
post Dec 24 2013, 06:22 AM
Post #19

RCBot Guru

The autowaypoint is unknown command when I hit it. It's listed on the rcbot command list but it ain't working.

Is this the right way to use it?
rcbot autowaypoint on
or
rcbot waypoint autowaypoint

I thought it was the second one, but just checked and it's a binary toggle...

Like this...

rcbot waypoint autowaypoint 1 (and 0 for off)

You still need to turn on autopaths if you want automatic connections

wink.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Dec 24 2013, 10:43 AM
Post #20

RCBot Guru

Tnx!....and Merry Xmas! ;-)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:30 PM