Closed TopicStart new topic
> RCBot Beta 0.51, only with scripting for cp_dustbowl, cp_badlands, cp_granary
MrSaturn
post Aug 30 2009, 05:03 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,680

To those of you who are complaining about speed problems, heres what helped me

if you are running off of a dedicated server, do not include the plugin_load command into any of your serverside cfgs. You have to manually load it from rcon or using hlsw. I dont know why that is, but it was the only way i could make the bots move normally. They still fall faster, but they walk just like everyone else.

Bonk is also useless against them. They appear to be bonked but can still walk and attack regardless. Hope it gets fixed. This mod is great.

If you want to visit my server, the plugin auto loads 6 bots on certain maps that I have the waypoints for.

207.210.253.40:27015

I wish they would attack sentries a lil better. Other then that, they are pretty cool.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
(NW)Shane O' D
post Aug 30 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 1,671

QUOTE(bir3yk @ Aug 27 2009, 02:05 PM) *

wrote that when the crash?

yes.somehow re-downloading 0.51 fixed it though
+Quote Post
dege13
post Sep 1 2009, 03:21 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 1,681

Using RCBot2 0.51 with TF2 for a dedicated server on Windows, without Steam is painful.

You should manually create a .vdf, because if you use plugin_load, if resets the map to nothing.

Then you need to figure out the correct install folders, because all the install guides are for a Listening Server, or Dedicated Server in Steam.

Once you finally get it working, the bots do not follow waypoints. They do see you and shoot at you (through the spawn point wall), but they don't move.
(This link helps with both above problems, but these should be added to the documentation: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....showtopic=1139)

The team and class in the addbot command are also not working for me. Everyone ends up as a Sniper on the RED team. Names do work correctly.
The bots don/t move/stand still and some turn around and back and around and back.

Any config, server or other info that would help you to help me with the issue?

This is my 'addbots.cfg' file that I run after the server has started to try ot figure this issue out:
sv_cheats 1
rcbotd addbot 3 0 [Bot]ChuckNorris
rcbotd addbot 3 1 [Bot]VinceOffer
rcbotd addbot 1 0 [Bot]LeeroyJenkins
rcbotd addbot 1 1 [Bot]KeyboardCat
rcbotd addbot 4 0 [Bot]StarWarsKid
rcbotd addbot 4 1 [Bot]MrT
rcbotd addbot 6 0 [Bot]GaryColeman
rcbotd addbot 6 1 [Bot]WilliamShatner
rcbotd addbot 9 0 [Bot]PedoBear
rcbotd addbot 9 1 [Bot]NumaNumaGuy
rcbotd addbot 8 0 [Bot]TubGirl
rcbotd addbot 8 1 [Bot]StrongBad
rcbotd addbot 2 0 [Bot]ChocolateRain
rcbotd addbot 2 1 [Bot]BertIsEvil
sv_cheats 0

Edit: Quick note, I also tried multiple maps and tried getting updated Waypoints fro mthe site. No change.
I tried to enable waypoint debugging, but it causes the server to crash.

Thanks,
Derek

***Update: Fixed my issue using Filemon smile.gif
Found out that the bot_mods.ini was pointing to the wrong waypoints folder. It was pointing to "rcbot2\waypoints\orangebox\tf", but all the new way points were in "rcbot2\waypoints\team fortress 2\tf".
So I moved them all to "rcbot2\waypoints\orangebox\tf", and the bots work.

Now to post feedback on the bots:
1. Enemy players should not see/shoot disguised eenmy spies all the time.
2. Would be nice if engineers upgraded things.
+Quote Post
DrPuffinKind
post Sep 1 2009, 05:27 PM
Post #64

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 1,638

well, after many hours of screrwing around, i finally got this working on my dedicated server with most of the mods in tact... (It does not like extensions... in case anyone else has the same crash issues i had)... i am using the sourcemod plugin mentioned here to control bot numbers as my anticheat plugin wont let the bots activate cheats to log in without it, and it is working spendidly!!

my only complaint is that server crashes when the map changes... no matter what i do, it craqshes and restarts... not too big a deal, i just dedicated it to orange_x_3 and removed the map timelimit... now only crashes if a team wins the round... they learned quick enough to stop capping the last point... lol

would be nice to be able to rotate through a few maps though... any ideas?...

thanx for all ur hard work on this project... we needed these bots!! XD
+Quote Post
MrSaturn
post Sep 2 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #65

QUOTE(dege13 @ Sep 1 2009, 03:21 AM) *

Using RCBot2 0.51 with TF2 for a dedicated server on Windows, without Steam is painful.

You should manually create a .vdf, because if you use plugin_load, if resets the map to nothing.

Then you need to figure out the correct install folders, because all the install guides are for a Listening Server, or Dedicated Server in Steam.

Once you finally get it working, the bots do not follow waypoints. They do see you and shoot at you (through the spawn point wall), but they don't move.
(This link helps with both above problems, but these should be added to the documentation: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....showtopic=1139)

The team and class in the addbot command are also not working for me. Everyone ends up as a Sniper on the RED team. Names do work correctly.
The bots don/t move/stand still and some turn around and back and around and back.

Any config, server or other info that would help you to help me with the issue?

This is my 'addbots.cfg' file that I run after the server has started to try ot figure this issue out:
sv_cheats 1
rcbotd addbot 3 0 [Bot]ChuckNorris
rcbotd addbot 3 1 [Bot]VinceOffer
rcbotd addbot 1 0 [Bot]LeeroyJenkins
rcbotd addbot 1 1 [Bot]KeyboardCat
rcbotd addbot 4 0 [Bot]StarWarsKid
rcbotd addbot 4 1 [Bot]MrT
rcbotd addbot 6 0 [Bot]GaryColeman
rcbotd addbot 6 1 [Bot]WilliamShatner
rcbotd addbot 9 0 [Bot]PedoBear
rcbotd addbot 9 1 [Bot]NumaNumaGuy
rcbotd addbot 8 0 [Bot]TubGirl
rcbotd addbot 8 1 [Bot]StrongBad
rcbotd addbot 2 0 [Bot]ChocolateRain
rcbotd addbot 2 1 [Bot]BertIsEvil
sv_cheats 0
Edit: Quick note, I also tried multiple maps and tried getting updated Waypoints fro mthe site. No change.
I tried to enable waypoint debugging, but it causes the server to crash.

Thanks,
Derek
***Update: Fixed my issue using Filemon smile.gif
Found out that the bot_mods.ini was pointing to the wrong waypoints folder. It was pointing to "rcbot2\waypoints\orangebox\tf", but all the new way points were in "rcbot2\waypoints\team fortress 2\tf".
So I moved them all to "rcbot2\waypoints\orangebox\tf", and the bots work.
Now to post feedback on the bots:
1. Enemy players should not see/shoot disguised eenmy spies all the time.
2. Would be nice if engineers upgraded things.

You need to add a wait command in between the addbot commands, that is why all your bots are snipers.
This is a little explanation for you from my server motd info.

RCBots cannot attack sentries very well. If you want your bots to advance it is
up to you to take out the sentries that are killing your team's bots.
RCBots can indeed upgrade sentries.
RCBots can only detect spies~
- when they are cloaking
- if they are disguised as the RCBots themselves
- if a player screams Spy! and they are in the vicinity
RCBots cannot be bonked.
RCBots fall 2x times faster.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 2 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #66

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

If using a dedicated server then the waypoints will be going into a diffeerent folder rather than the usual waypoints/team fortess 2/tf folder. Check your rcbot2/waypoints folder and look to see if rcbot2 automatically generated a folder for you (which isn't called teamfortress 2/tf) and move all the waypoints into it.
+Quote Post
MrSaturn
post Sep 4 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #67

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Sep 2 2009, 02:48 PM) *

If using a dedicated server then the waypoints will be going into a diffeerent folder rather than the usual waypoints/team fortess 2/tf folder. Check your rcbot2/waypoints folder and look to see if rcbot2 automatically generated a folder for you (which isn't called teamfortress 2/tf) and move all the waypoints into it.

When is the next update? biggrin.gif

Do you think you could do something like rcbot squad menu based on voice commands from real players?
Like, they will follow and help you attack if you say 'Go Go Go!' ?
Just like how the medics sort of heal you when you scream 'Medic!'
I think the medic should heal more often than he shoots right now. Is there a way to make healing a higher priority for them? =X
If you were to make an update would the waypointers have to redo all of their waypoints or is it possible to update the things like sentry+healing handling without effecting the waypointing?

Is it possible to use the megahal and skill profile options to make better/worst players in this version? (and to make them chat?)

I would like to donate....
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Sep 4 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #68

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(MrSaturn @ Sep 4 2009, 12:08 AM) *

When is the next update? biggrin.gif

Do you think you could do something like rcbot squad menu based on voice commands from real players?
Like, they will follow and help you attack if you say 'Go Go Go!' ?
Just like how the medics sort of heal you when you scream 'Medic!'
I think the medic should heal more often than he shoots right now. Is there a way to make healing a higher priority for them? =X
If you were to make an update would the waypointers have to redo all of their waypoints or is it possible to update the things like sentry+healing handling without effecting the waypointing?

Is it possible to use the megahal and skill profile options to make better/worst players in this version? (and to make them chat?)

I would like to donate....

waypoints dont have to be remade,they only have to be modded if the waypointed map is altered in a way that bugs the bots in that map.
+Quote Post
YouLie
post Sep 20 2009, 04:50 AM
Post #69

Member No.: 1,693

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Jul 26 2009, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 26 2009, 04:51 PM) *

whenever a bot dies he marks the waypoint as danger, so next time he might choose another route, but might take many times.

the bots standing on the spot may be a result of the reduction of the "rcbot_path_revs" value, try increasing it
All waypoints with areas help. But "Area only" waypoints mean that bots can never pass through them if it is not a specific area, so theese waypoints should be placed in between connecting areas (stages) so bots know they can't go through them. But they should only be used sparingly at these points.

They also need to be given an area ID of course, and a script needs to be made for it

like 1 for stage 1,2 for stage 2 and so on?

How can I use this feature? Is it a waypoint flag? I haven't waypointed with rcbot, but have extensive xp in podbot waypointing.
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Sep 20 2009, 08:24 AM
Post #70

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(YouLie @ Sep 20 2009, 04:50 AM) *

like 1 for stage 1,2 for stage 2 and so on?
How can I use this feature? Is it a waypoint flag? I haven't waypointed with rcbot, but have extensive xp in podbot waypointing.

rcbot waypoint setarea <number> gives a waypoint an area ID.
the newly added rcbot waypoint givetype areaonly means that if the bots are standing/moving on waypoints with the area set to 1,they can't use any waypoints that have the area 2.
the bots work better with this system,if you script the map.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:39 PM