Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Converted Waypoints for RCbot-AngelScript, Updated & Tested for Git
madmax2
post Mar 10 2019, 09:02 AM
Post #61

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Converted & updated my sc_royals waypoints. I'm not quite done yet, so these are wip wpts. Though sc_royals 1 3 & 4 are fully waypointed & tested and are very close to final, there could be a few more minor tweaks or additions, like pickups (ammo etc) or unreachable wpts. Most of the broken areas are fixed, so these 3 maps should be fully playable.

sc_royals2 needs more work, but parts have been fixed. Bots can make the cavern jumps and progress as far as the blooders pool. At that point I fixed the jumps across, but it's not nearly as good as the old bots were.

Anyways, there will be at least one more update for some of these... wink.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 12 2019, 05:44 PM
Post #62

RCBot Guru

Updated sc_royals 1 again.

Fixed a minor issue I induced at the spawn, bots trying to go through the ground (openslater). More work on vents & tunnel, added ammo & armor, re-positioned several wpts for smoother navigation & less sticking/jams. New wpt configuration at end of 1st vent to help bots get past pushable boxes. Players can break the boxes, but bots won't.

New wpts/paths at end of map to make bots less focused on the buttons in the control room and move around the whole area (crane room - important wpt added & wpt adjustments), they are more robust, better action. Removed a wpt in the wall in crane room left over from a old version (wasn't causing any problem tho). Moved the important wpt slightly closer to the plunger so bots will blow the ceiling a little faster at random. It may happen quickly sometimes, a single bot may do it now, but it should take some time for a bot to use the plunger most of the time. I don't want the bots to end the map to fast, so players can have fun in this area of the map.

While this rcwa is much better than the last release, I may need to look at the 1st vent again for bots hanging in there on occasion. I don't think there is any permanent jam in the vent, and I changed the wait_noplayer & vent entrance to minimize any problems. Need to do More testing for that, just ran out of time.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 18 2019, 09:20 AM
Post #63

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Thanks ... Will check them out soon hopefully and put them in the git. Still havent implemented auto waypointing. Just improving the auto pathing as u may have noticed before i can start on full auto waypoint system
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 18 2019, 05:42 PM
Post #64

RCBot Guru

I've updated sc_royals2, but it's probably not final? Bots can now make it to the end of the map (full circle). Bots can grapple and will get the grapple. I know they can make it through the blooders pool when notarget is on, but I am still working on this area and need to compare this wpt to my current wpt. With this wpt bots will wait on the wedge and become easy targets, and 2 bots may end up on the wedge shooting at the blooders, LOL.[edit] Was a different rcwa, not this one, there is no wait wpt on the wedge, oopps. I'm trying to eliminate the wait on the wedge with the current wpt.

With the current wpt, I've done some drastic changes in the blooders pool area, adding & moving wpts. I think it may be better overall at the blooders pool, but not sure? Needs further testing & tweaking... I may update this wpt again in the next few days?

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 18 2019, 01:20 AM) *

Thanks ... Will check them out soon hopefully and put them in the git. Still havent implemented auto waypointing. Just improving the auto pathing as u may have noticed before i can start on full auto waypoint system

Thanks, I can wait for autowaypoint, it's not a high priority for me... I do have another request tho... wink.gif

bots_dont_shoot would be a big help at the blooders pool, if it's not difficult to add? I think the jumps are close now, just hard to be sure whether they are attacking, or missing the jumps?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 20 2019, 09:11 PM
Post #65

Admin

added "don't_shoot" command

also tweaked sc_royals 1 slightly at the vent exit - bots were moving too slowly/getting stuck - put them on git
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 22 2019, 12:37 AM
Post #66

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 20 2019, 01:11 PM) *

added "don't_shoot" command

also tweaked sc_royals 1 slightly at the vent exit - bots were moving too slowly/getting stuck - put them on git

Build: 013d60406ba48cc7ca5128a6af7f09c06b2f985e

Thanks, but I can't seem to get the don't_shoot command to work ohmy.gif ? I tried a bunch of variations, with & without ', on specific bot or as a global command, tried as a config command too...

CODE
as_command rcbot.don't_shoot
as_command rcbot.dont_shoot [m00]cow
as_command rcbot.don't_shoot [m00]cow
as_command rcbot.config_don't_shoot
as_command rcbot.bots_don't_shoot

Bunch of others... What should the full command syntax be?

Yeah, as for sc_royals1 vent, I had a complicated wpt config there, trying to get the bots to at least push the double stacked crates to the corner, so they could pass between the crates without pushing them down the hallway. It worked maybe 70% of the time, but not 100%. It did induce a problem with an occasional bot stuck at end of vent (because the path out of vent went to the right & not the left). I thought I had fixed the stuck bot with another wpt/path noclipped in wall/vent there, but perhaps not, i saw a bot standing there today.

The reason I didn't want them to push the boxes down the hallway is sometimes they would get trapped there for a short while, maybe as long as a minute? But most of the time they manage to slip by the boxes plugging the hallway, or they are destroyed by enemy fire. So it's really not a big problem, cause players will just break the crates. So, it was a unnecessary fix, and wasted time...

This does bring up some pushable issues I wanted to ask about... rolleyes.gif

1. does the pushable wpt actually do anything, and should I be adding them into wpts, or removing them from old wpts? bots seem to push without them...

2. I've been seeing bots walking a long time after they contact a pushable, it seems more noticeable with my wpt config at the end of the vent. It may no longer happen with the git wpt, I didn't notice it on 4 tests. With my wpt, there was a pushable wpt in the far corner from the vent that would always be blocked from view when the bots push it there. You removed that wpt from the git wpt. I'm not sure if it is the wpt positioning or just the fact that the pushables are not destroyed as much with my wpt? I do know if the pushables are destroyed, the walking thing stops happening. Any idea what is causing the walking after contacting or seeing a pushable?

3. perhaps, have bots swing their crowbar a few times, if there is no forward progress after 20 or 30 seconds? since pushables are often breakable. Not sure if this is a good idea though, some may be explosive? But I think if a pushable is required to finish a map, it won't be breakable.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 22 2019, 08:31 AM
Post #67

Admin

as_command rcbot.dont_shoot 1

seems my phone did some auto correction at a bad moment (the ' character is an invalid character in the console)

pushable waypoint doesn't do anything yet

if the bots path is blocked by a pushable then they hold the USE key.

They don't destroy pushables on purpose yet. The reason was because I wasn't sure if some pushables were useful for humans to reach certain areas etc.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 22 2019, 05:50 PM
Post #68

RCBot Guru

as_command rcbot.dont_shoot 1

Ok, I'll try that...

pushable waypoint doesn't do anything yet

if the bots path is blocked by a pushable then they hold the USE key.

Ok, that confirms what I was thinking. I did verify bots do the walking thing with the git wpt w/o a pushable wpt. The pushable is blocking the path and I hear them press use. Perhaps they don't have enough speed when they exit the vent, to get a strong push?

I saw bots stuck in the end of the vent with the git wpt.
IPB Image
I think that is why I had a wpt just outside the end of the vent, to prevent this? This was after the pushable had been moved, but it is still blocking the path. I believe, if there is a wpt outside the end of vent, bots don't execute the pushable code until they exit the vent (touch the wpt just before the pushable)? I'll do more testing in this area, don't want them blocking in or end of vent, I'll see if I can improve it?

The reason was because I wasn't sure if some pushables were useful for humans to reach certain areas etc.

Yep, I'm not certain about that either? I would think a pushable that is needed to progress to end of map should not be breakable? But poor mapping may prove me wrong? Also, breakable pushables could be used to get ammo, health or armor? Seems there is a map where boxes are pushed into water or slime to make a bridge? I don't remember if they are breakable, but they float.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 24 2019, 04:26 AM
Post #69

RCBot Guru

Updated sc_royals1 (again) rolleyes.gif

Mostly worked on first vent and pushables area. Added 2 new wpts in vent and adjusted one to prevent a rare pile-up of bots, due to a bot stopping in vent. Seems it helps to have more wpts inside vents, closer together.

Changed the wpt config at the end of vent, hopefully so bots don't stop at the exit and get a good push on the boxes there. Instead of having bots avoid the boxes, I have them pushing the double stacked boxes down the hallway and just go around the other box there. Bots will either push the boxes into the turret room to the right, or towards the m16 locker. Either way the boxes usually get destroyed. If they are pushed towards the m16 locker and don't get destroyed, there is a new openslater wpt there that tells bots the path is blocked and they avoid the boxes now, it works good...

Occasionally, bots will push both boxes and may temporarily plug the hallway, but it has always sorted out on its own, and the boxes are usually destroyed. It may take 2 bots to push both boxes down the hallway.

Also, worked a bit on the last vent for a rare pile-up of bots. Added 2 new wpts in the vent, and moved 3 wpts for smoother movement at the corners.

Tweaked and tested the !@##$$%%^ out of this one, so it better be good... wink.gif

So now I can get back to sc_royals2, and finish it (mainly the blooders pool), then i will be done with this series. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 26 2019, 08:41 AM
Post #70

Admin

meant to check this out last night. will try to remember tonight
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 26 2019, 11:06 PM
Post #71

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 26 2019, 12:41 AM) *

meant to check this out last night. will try to remember tonight

I hope it works good this time, i think it will? Must of run it 50 times the other day blink.gif ... That vent is touchy, and a bit of a pain. I think that crouch wpt just outside the exit does help keep them from stopping just before they exit. A couple times it looked like they would stop there, but then they seemed to see the wpt there and continue moving. There are a couple other places in that vent bots would stop at before, and appear to be looking off to the side! But I think more wpts fixed it.

Just got back to royals2 today, and I think I'm making good progress at the blooders pool using the dont_shoot command. So maybe a new wpt for that in the next few days... smile.gif
+Quote Post
RoboCop
post Apr 1 2019, 06:55 PM
Post #72

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 2,435

Looks like sc_psyko needs some fixes.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 2 2019, 04:55 PM
Post #73

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(RoboCop @ Apr 1 2019, 10:55 AM) *

Looks like sc_psyko needs some fixes.

Hey Robocop, Yeah, sc_psyko has some big problems. I set it aside a month ago to work on royals waypoints. Wow, it's been a month already... Anyways, here is the post that gives some details. wink.gif

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=14981

I was making some progress on it, just got a bit frustrated with the doors. I had an idea on what to do about the openslater wpts on those doors, just haven't got back to it yet...

=====================================================================

I uploaded a updated waypoint for sc_royals2, it's still wip but is much better in the blooders pool area. Bots can make it through the blooders pool fairly well without cheats on. The hardest part for them now is at the wedge jump, but overall they do well, but not perfect... I added a number of new wpts to the area, it's more complicated than the last rcwa, some have been repositioned too. If a bot gets stuck to the side of the ladder, there are new wpts there that help them get up the ladder and not jump back in...

Bots can make the jumps at the caverns better, with a couple small tweaks, but may not open the shortcut as fast?

The main reason this is still a wip is I noticed an old problem was still present. Bots occasionally get stuck near those skulls at the shortcut door to the cavern. I've tried a couple things, but it is still not fixed. I'll post some details later if I can't figure out a solution. If you crouch under a stuck bot, that seems to free it up and it will start moving again...

I probably will add some unreachable wpts & waypoint in the armor at the blooders pool too. Think I'm done with the blooders pool, but may want to tweek the grapple, it's ok as is though? So I hope to be done with this in the next week. Spring is here, so I've had less time for waypoints this month...
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 10 2019, 09:12 PM
Post #74

RCBot Guru

Doing final testing on sc_royals2 now. Hope to release later today. Several improvements from last release. I believe I have fixed the stuck bots on those skulls, have probably run over 100 bots through the area without one stuck bot on either skull (testing 3 bots per round).

Bots are 99% successful with the grapple 1st attempt, so long as no other bot/player gets in the way. Changes or fixes have been done in most areas of the map, this should be the final update... rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 12 2019, 09:18 AM
Post #75

RCBot Guru

Well, I thought I was going to release sc_royals2 final rcwa today, but ran into a problem sad.gif . I had it working good on my winXP PC, but thought I would speed up testing by running it on my win7 PC too. I had to test the whole wpt like 3 times on win7 to be sure there were not more problems, but it seems to be mainly at the last jump in the cavern area (with breakable stones). Bots were making that jump fairly well on winXP, but on win7 most of the time bots veer off hard right, kinda weird, not sure whats causing it? It's probably not the OS, but the win7 PC is a lot faster. I know the old rcbots had issues with those stones, so I broke some in the area, but no change. Tried moving & deleting a couple wpts, still no change. It is 2 different versions of sven, winXP=sc5.17 & win7=sc5.18, but it seems to be to specific to be the game versions, but not sure? Map bsp's are the same. RCbot builds are the same, 3-20-19.

Anyways, I'll see if I can get it sorted out tomorrow? I really wanted to post it today and be done with it dry.gif .
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 12 2019, 04:17 PM
Post #76

Admin

If there's anything that could cause issues it could be frame rate.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 12 2019, 06:51 PM
Post #77

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 12 2019, 08:17 AM) *

If there's anything that could cause issues it could be frame rate.

It does seem to be the speed of the bots. When they land on the last stone, they look like they overrun the landing wpt to the left, so veer right to touch the jump wpt. The stones are not in a straight line, so there is a curving to the right for the bot's path.

I'll spend some time on the straight jump path, but if it won't work, there is another path they can take for the last jump. I made some quick edits last night, it doe's work. Bots do a circle on what was the last stone and jump to another stone, then over to the ledge. Actually it's kinda cool looking tongue.gif ... They are even better this way, maybe too good now, players won't be able to keep up through here, so I may need to cripple the bots a little bit if I go with this loopy thing... biggrin.gif

I have frame rate limited at 60fps or vsync is enabled on the win7 PC, and it is smooth & steady. The old XP PC runs below 60fps and a bit unsteady, I'll have to check it again to see how much lower, but it's not real bad in this area. There may be some lag when first entering the room, will need to check this too. Guess I could try lowering my video/game settings (higher fps) to see if I can duplicate the problem on my old PC, but the hardware difference may be to great?

I would like to know when I make a wpt on the old PC that it will not have to be reworked for a newer PC. Guess for now I'll have to test all wpts on the newer PC, but since I do most of the work on the old PC, I really don't want to do that. Maybe, if I do it earlier in the process I can spot a potential problem? Most of my wpts likely have not been tested on the faster PC, hope those wpts don't have serious problems?

Even though I'm a bit burned out working on this rcwa blink.gif , RCbots are pretty entertaining to watch in SC, i've seen some funny stuff... biggrin.gif

There were a couple other issues I ran into working on this rcwa, I'll post about that later once I have this rcwa done.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 16 2019, 12:48 AM
Post #78

RCBot Guru

------------------------------
Updated sc_royals2
------------------------------
I recommend no more than 3 bots for this map, even with 3 bots there can be some temporary jams in some tight areas, nothing permanent that I know of. Just wait it out if it happens. With 2 bots you likely won't see any jam/stuck problems, I did all testing with 3 bots.

---------------
Summary, *see details below, if interested... wink.gif
---------------
*1. New Human Tower and Grapple configuration. It's a dual path setup now. First bot can open the shortcut door now.

*2. Adjusted waypoints for shortcut door to cavern, so bots won't get stuck to the skulls there. Chances are greatly reduced, maybe 2% chance it may happen.

*3. Cavern jumps improved for faster computers. Bots use 2 paths at the last jump, straight or loop... Changed the bridge area for more action and a falling issue...

*4. Better movement & action at the well area. Bots circle the well & double jump to the roof now. Bots usually won't jump right into the well, which opens the last (first) shortcut door.

-- Mummy Pit adjustments, so bots can move through quickly once it has been cleared.

-- Fixes for barnacle gun ladder, if 3 bots bunch up on the ladder they should sort out quickly, but it likely won't happen with this waypoint.

-- Blooders Pool is about the same, but added unreachable wpts for slaves, and waypointed the battery there.

-- Waypointed more pickups for bots, new wpts/paths & re-pathed areas for more movement options. Waypoint positions adjusted for smoother navigation at corners, etc.

---------------
Details
---------------
*1. Bots grappling will be near perfect as long as no other bot/player gets in the way. Bots move faster in this area now, for more attempts at the HT, and bots are no longer forced to stay on the HT wpt. The main reason I did that was, the first bot that survives the blooders pool & barnacles almost always goes straight to the HT wpt. This way the first surviving bot will open the shortcut door within about a minute or less.

I adjusted the jump wpt for the HT and I think the success rate is better. I noticed there is a pattern to the HT. First, the HT bot must be very close to the HT wpt, most of the time they are, but sometimes they get to far forward or off to the side, then towers will likely fail, but bots reset quickly too. The first time there, the jumping bot will land on the HT bots left shoulder, left shoulder jumps almost always fail here. If the bot roles remain the same, the jumping bot will almost always land on the HT bots right shoulder (or to the right of last attempt) the second time, and he will make a successful landing on the platform above. After adjusting the jump wpt, bots can even make the jumps if they are slightly left of center on the HT bot. I've seen them make backwards & reverse peroet jumps this way...

*2. Since my last release I've done about 20 revisions of the waypoint, yikes, a bit insane, I know blink.gif ... This whole area, cavern, shortcut door & skulls, and bridge area is where most of my time was spent. So I've tested for the stuckage problem here extensively. Since changing to the current config, there have been 3 stuck bots, 2 got free on thier own in under 2 minutes. I had to push up against & crowbar the 3rd bot, which freed up as soon as it came out of a crouch, so not to bad.

So to reduce stuck bots here, the path is oneway, new wpt/path that goes around that skull, and a staynear givetype was added. There are some collisions due to the way I have the bots opening the shortcut door. From the rope side they fall to the door. This causes bots to spin in place for about 10 seconds, then they turn around and go back up the rope. But once the door is open, falling bots from above can collide with bots climbing the rope, but it has been sorting out ok, without any permanent jams or stuck bots on the skull or the rope. I did have to raise the top wpt a bit for bots getting stuck near the top of the rope, that seems fixed.

Also, bots will still go opposite to the oneway path, it is a very short oneway path at the openslater wpt. There is a couple ways this will happen, colliding bots will be forced across, or falling bots run across the open path, they will just go right back up the rope or go to the cavern jumps, it works ok... I did leave a wpt over the top of the skull, I'm not sure at this point if it helps or hurts, but since the stuck bots are so rare, I chose to leave it in...

*3. I adjusted the jumps at the cavern stones for a faster PC, mainly had to fix the last jump where bots veered hard right. The easy fix would of been to just force bots to the alternate looping jump, but now they do both the loop & straight jump. I did add a wpt and adjust several for this wpt, but the main problem for the straight jump was way back on the first stone. All that was needed to fix the veering right on last stone jump, was to slightly move the wait/staynear waypoint on the first stone to the right. The problem was like an oscillation that got worse with each jump, first right, then left, then extreme right at the last jump. Bots were not doing this on my old slow PC, but since the waypoint jumps were adjusted for the old PC, the timing is different on the faster PC! The jumps still work ok on the slower PC, but perhaps not as good as they were before?

I did have some difficulty getting bots to open the shortcut door the way I want them to. It's close now but perhaps not perfect. Sometimes 1 or 2 bots, but usually 4 to 10 bots must successfully complete the jumps. Bots often go to the bridge area then return to open the shortcut door. I didn't want bots to open the shortcut fast, I can get them doing that without a script. I wanted to force players to have to try to make these jumps, at least part of the time, they are far easier than the blooders pool jumps. On fast PC's they will probably open the shortcut quicker than I would like to see, cause they are to good at the jumps.

I set the bridge area wpts to work with the shortcut door, bots can go to the other side of bridge then return to open the shortcut. They usually are forced back by monsters or just come back on their own, but some will keep going. Sometimes bots jumping the cavern will directly open the shortcut, it's somewhat random without a script, or something they really want, like ammo or armor. I slowed the bots down at the bridge with more crouch/jump wpts, so they don't get to far ahead of players, for more action on the bridge, and for a falling problem I will post elsewhere on...

*4. At the well area, I sort of crippled the bots so it's not easy to jump into the well, for several reasons. So again they don't get to far ahead of players, much improved longer battles here, they don't open next shortcut to fast by jumping down the well quickly, and likely to press the 2nd pyramid button here before opening the last shortcut. It works most of the time, sometimes a bot gets in the well to fast.

Several tweaks wpts added here for better bot movement/action, bots will circle well and double jump to the roof.

---------------
Note: I used a few "fake" givetypes to get bots working the way I wanted. I removed all armor givetyes, as they are a big priority for the bots, they seem to effect the routes bots will prefer. Examples: I put a ammo wpt on the battery at the blooders pool, if it was armor bots would rarely get the barnacle gun, unless I put armor on that too. To get bots using the longer loop path at the cavern jumps, I tagged a wpt in the path as ammo/health, where there is none.

I should try this with 2 bots, it might be better?

I'll post a couple issues that came up on this map/rcwa, and questions, perhaps tomorrow... Enjoy... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 16 2019, 01:14 PM
Post #79

Admin

wow amazing effort biggrin.gif . I will try to test and update the git soon
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 16 2019, 07:44 PM
Post #80

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 16 2019, 05:14 AM) *

wow amazing effort biggrin.gif . I will try to test and update the git soon

Thank-you Cheeseh, I kinda went nuts on this one, and i'll be taking a break for a week or two on sven waypoints. I've had a dods waypoint nearly finished for some time now, I think that will be next... smile.gif

Is there a way to randomize, or delay, selective important waypoints in the script system? To control how quickly they would use a button, open a door, etc. Have them bypass an important wpt say 8 times before they go use it? This map would of been easy to script, but I didn't want bots to immediately open that shortcut at the cavern jumps, so I did not try to script it. Scripting a delay would be far easier than trying to get them doing it with waypoint methods.

It would solve some issues with the "waypoint only" method too. Like I had to allow bots to back track through that tight spot from the bridge to the canyon. That could be changed if it was scripted. Also, after testing on 2 PC's with different performance levels, It became clear finding the right balance for opening the shortcut door was going to be very difficult, and it is not constant or reliable. It is fairly constant/reliable on the fast PC, less reliable on the slow PC. Scripting it would solve that too...

I'm not eager to do it now, I think it's ok as is, but going forward it would be good to have the option to script a delay. I'll be kicking myself if it's already available... rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:05 PM