IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New content from dodbits., Take a look and test?
INsane_dod
post Jun 10 2019, 01:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,261

Hi all, I figure this is the best place to test two items I fooled around with recently.

An installer. This one is for the persons who struggle with manually installing RCBot2 for Day of Defeat: Source.
I got some feedback and looked in the Steam Forums, it seems a lot of people have problems even with the 2019 installer.

So I made a version that...

a. Only works for DoDs
b. Has a steam folder finder (most times it works)
c. Will make a desktop shortcut (based on the users steam directory address on install) and has "-insecure -novid" so no editing... just click it.
Target - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 300 -novid -insecure
d. Will make a second desktop shortcut to RCBotProfiles.exe so the user can alter the 16 bot server file I set.

Test it for me?

1. This is a NSIS installer so if you get a warning in windows 10 due to your settings, select “More info” link then the “Run anyway” button.

IPB Image

The open source NSIS installers I use don't install anything else but RCBot2 files and a desktop shortcut, they don't phone home, VAC ban you or anything nasty.
Some antivirus programs and windows settings will complain and that's quite normal, see here on that "False positive" issue... https://nsis.sourceforge.io/NSIS_False_Positives

2. See if it does find the steam folder...
64 Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\
32 Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam\
...it needs that address not the "dod" folder like you see on other installers. So long as it finds the steam folder off your registry settings (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam) it will place all the files correctly.

3. Then the installer should continue on to make a desktop icon (with a dods icon graphic named "Day of Defeat Source RCBot2"), click it and have dods open and enable the bots on a complaint map that has waypoints supported.

Download here.

The second content item is a guide on the steam forums for Manually installing RCBot2 (for dods only).

Its quite long at 24 steps and again target was a "nothing left out" step by step for those that struggle.

The guide is here.

Man am I enjoying the bots Cheeseh biggrin.gif

They seem very stable and lots of waypoints.

Changes to the download.

14th June 2019 change -
Installer package - altered the installer script to include a dod icon on the desktop after first download installer made a blank icon.

16th June 2019 change
Installer package - 1. Altered the installer script to also include a desktop shortcut to the RCBotProfiles.exe
Main files - 2. Corrected the rcbot2.VDF file in the download it had errors in the RCBot2 folder address

INsane
dodbits.com.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jun 11 2019, 10:22 AM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Thanks! I will pin it.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 14 2019, 06:26 PM
Post #3

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Thanks INsane_dod, I'll try it soon (like this week? lol... too much real life!). smile.gif
+Quote Post
INsane_dod
post Jun 15 2019, 01:56 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,261

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jun 15 2019, 04:26 AM) *

Thanks INsane_dod, I'll try it soon (like this week? lol... too much real life!). smile.gif

Yep I know what you mean, real life hit me bad for the last 6 months.

By the way...
I have updated the download 14th June.

change -
Installer package only - altered the installer script to include a dod icon on the desktop after first download installer made a blank icon.

Not a huge error but one never the less biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2019 - 10:26 AM