> Breakable waypoints (Rocket)
Septien
post May 23 2013, 02:29 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,272

Hi Cheeseh and everyone,

It would be great to have a breakable objects waypoint for the the Rocket launcher bot class which would also be team specific (noallies/noaxis).

I remember Podbot had a breakable object waypoint (non-class specific) in Cstrike 1.5 and it was quite useful for getting bots to break through breakable objects such as a walls, floors etc. It would be a lot of fun specially using it with openslater wpts etc.

Yes, I'm thinking of dod_hill_classic and dod_sniperbridge_rc1 maps! Both have breakable objects! A wall inside the Axis' fortress (dod_hill_classic) and the center of the bridge deck (dod_sniperbridge_rc1).

If you could implement this Cheeseh it would be great!

It is already great!!! The bomb and openslater wpts are a blast!

-Edited- I just read through your post Genmac! Sorry for requesting the same features!

Greetings
Pepois
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 23 2013, 03:11 AM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Septien @ May 23 2013, 03:29 AM) *

Hi Cheeseh and everyone,

It would be great to have a breakable objects waypoint for the the Rocket launcher bot class which would also be team specific (noallies/noaxies).

I remember Podbot had a breakable object waypoint (non-class specific) in Cstrike 1.5 and it was quite useful for getting bots to break through breakable objects such as a walls, floors etc. It would be a lot of fun specially using it with openslatter wpts etc.

Yes, I'm thinking of dod_hill_classic and dod_sniperbridge_rc1 maps! Both have breakable objects! A wall inside the Axies' fortress (dod_hill_classic) and the center of the bridge (dod_sniperbridge_rc1).

If you could implement this Cheeseh it would be great!

It already is great!!! The bomb and openslater wpts are a blast!

-Edited- I just read through your post Genmac! Sorry for requesting the same features!

Greetings
Pepois

Can the breakable only be destoyed by a rocket? At the moment bots shoot breakables so if you were to put a waypoint through a breakable wihout it being openslater the bot should try to break before going throuh unless it can only be destroyed by a certain class.
+Quote Post
Septien
post May 23 2013, 03:18 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 23 2013, 03:11 AM) *

Can the breakable only be destoyed by a rocket? At the moment bots shoot breakables so if you were to put a waypoint through a breakable wihout it being openslater the bot should try to break before going throuh unless it can only be destroyed by a certain class.

Hi Cheeseh!!!

Thank you for the quick reply! I'm not too sure if other classes can break those particular objects/places but I will test it tomorrow since my wife has already warned me to come to bed now!!! Hehe

Thank you and goodnite

Pepois
+Quote Post
Septien
post May 23 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Hi Cheeseh,

I went and tested both maps. Let's start with dod_sniperbridge_rc1. The bridge floor is breakable wih just about all types of firewapons: machine guns, rifles, automatic guns etc. Nonetheless, bots WON'T shoot at it and thus not break it.

IPB Image

For dod_hill_classic, the wall inside the fortress in front of area1 is only breakable with grenades/rockets and bots here aren't shooting either. It would be great to have either a rocket or grenade waypoint. I think either one would work for both maps but it would be nice to control who breaks the object. Since for instance, in dod_hill_classic, Axis wouldn't benefit from breaking their own defence wall.

IPB Image

Thank you Cheeseh

Btw, I saw you added a new fall waypoint in your 0.74 release. How does it work? Can you input how much damage a bot receives when falling? Actually in this dod_sniperbridge_rc1 map I had bots jump out of the bridge and fall on a small portion of water but sometimes they would fall to their death! Which makes it realistic! But sometimes they fall on the side of the bridge and still surive.You might want to give this map a look and see how your bots behave. Its quite a fun map even though its quite big and sniper-intended.

Pepois
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 23 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Hey Septien,

I was running around in hill last nite and couldn't find that wall? Did you look at it with hammer or something to find it? And, any idea how many maps have breakable walls like this, I'm still new to dod:s...

Oh yeah, I didn't get a chance to try the latest hill rcw yet, but I will....

Heh heh, I don't have one of those warning systems you mentioned above... laugh.gif

max
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 24 2013, 01:55 AM
Post #6

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ May 23 2013, 07:08 PM) *

Hey Septien,

I was running around in hill last nite and couldn't find that wall? Did you look at it with hammer or something to find it? And, any idea how many maps have breakable walls like this, I'm still new to dod:s...

Heh heh, I don't have one of those warning systems you mentioned above... laugh.gif

max

okay I need to have a look at this map myself and debug it while bots are running to see why they aren't shooting the wall
+Quote Post
Septien
post May 24 2013, 02:19 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 24 2013, 01:55 AM) *

okay I need to have a look at this map myself and debug it while bots are running to see why they aren't shooting the wall

Excellent Cheeseh!!!

I have just updated the map wpts again, totatlly reworked them so Allies are now using different paths!

Please search for Waypoint ID 514 which is suppose to connect to Waypoint ID 503 in order for Allies to break in the Axis fortress. They're outside bunker area1. I left them unconnected.

Pepois

QUOTE(madmax2 @ May 23 2013, 06:08 PM) *

Hey Septien,

max

Hey Max!!!!

I spent the last hours modifying the map! Did some major changes! I hope you like them. And hopefully if Cheeseh adds a breakable solution.... the map will be just awesome since I already played destroying the wall and the resutls are great!

Pepois
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 24 2013, 05:12 AM
Post #8

Admin

QUOTE(Septien @ May 24 2013, 03:19 AM) *

Excellent Cheeseh!!!

I have just updated the map again, totatlly reworked it so Allies are using different paths!

Please search for Waypoint ID 514 whcih is suppose to connect to Waypoint ID 503 in order for Allies to break in the Axies fortress. Its outside bunker area1. I left it unconnected.

Pepois
Hey Max!!!!

I spent the last hours modifying the map! Did some major changes! I hope you like them. And hopefully if Cheeseh adds a breakable solution.... the map will be just awesome since I already played destroying the wall and the resutls are great!

Pepois

I'm in the process of adding breakable waypoints, but no function yet. Would you like bots to break it at a specific point in time or any time? I can't tell if a breakable can only be destroyed by a rocket or not so I think only rocket class will worry about these waypoints.

There is an issue in the sniper bridge map where the hole in the bridge would cause some waypoint paths to current waypoints on the bridge impossible to go to , so I'd need to think about how to deal with that.

With breakable walls., there should be no problem. breakable floors are more of an issue

+Quote Post
Septien
post May 24 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 24 2013, 05:12 AM) *

I'm in the process of adding breakable waypoints, but no function yet. Would you like bots to break it at a specific point in time or any time? I can't tell if a breakable can only be destroyed by a rocket or not so I think only rocket class will worry about these waypoints.

There is an issue in the sniper bridge map where the hole in the bridge would cause some waypoint paths to current waypoints on the bridge impossible to go to , so I'd need to think about how to deal with that.

With breakable walls., there should be no problem. breakable floors are more of an issue

Hi Cheeseh,

In regards to timing the breakable waypoints I suppose any time would be the best option to add realism so that bots can break them whenever they are near them. And I agree with you to only have the rocket class worry about them. It would be nice though to be able to use that very powerful and handy waypoint label -noaxies -noallies feature. That is if you are planning on adding breakable waypoints otherwise I suppose you can force specific team by modifying previous connected waypoints.

About the sniperbridge map... I'll tweak it so its ready to just add a connecting waypoint from the top and not interfering with other waypoints. Ill do in a few minutes.

Thank you so much Cheeseh. You're the man!

-Edited- Here are the modified waypoints for dod_sniperbridge_rc1: Attached File  dod_sniperbridge_rc1.zip ( 18.51k ) Number of downloads: 368

I already connected waypoints ID 931 and ID 653 to the flag inside the bridge. I thought it would be nice to have 2 waypoints; one for each side. The breakable hole will no longer interfere with the bridge path.

Thank you Cheeseh

Pepois
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 24 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #10

Admin

QUOTE(Septien @ May 24 2013, 01:49 PM) *

Hi Cheeseh,

In regards to timing the breakable waypoints I suppose any time would be the best option to add realism so that bots can break them whenever they are near them. And I agree with you to only have the rocket class worry about them. It would be nice though to be able to use that very powerful and handy waypoint label -noaxies -noallies feature. That is if you are planning on adding breakable waypoints otherwise I suppose you can force specific team by modifying previous connected waypoints.

About the sniperbridge map... I'll tweak it so its ready to just add a connecting waypoint from the top and not interfering with other waypoints. Ill do in a few minutes.

Thank you so much Cheeseh. You're the man!

-Edited- Here are the modified waypoints for dod_sniperbridge_rc1: Attached File  dod_sniperbridge_rc1.zip ( 18.51k ) Number of downloads: 368

I already connected waypoints ID 931 and ID 653 to the flag inside the bridge. I thought it would be nice to have 2 waypoints; one for each side. The breakable hole will no longer interfere with the bridge path.

Thank you Cheeseh
Pepois

Hey , I just added a breakable waypoint functionality, and on the sniper bridge map, the rocket bots shot the breakable quite quickly. So looks good so far, but because I've made it really simple there might be some slight bugs with it.

Yeah maybe I could make it so no ally bots would try to break a noallies breakable
+Quote Post
Septien
post May 24 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 24 2013, 02:02 PM) *

Hey , I just added a breakable waypoint functionality, and on the sniper bridge map, the rocket bots shot the breakable quite quickly. So looks good so far, but because I've made it really simple there might be some slight bugs with it.

Yeah maybe I could make it so no ally bots would try to break a noallies breakable

Excellent news Cheeseh!!!

Do you think I could test your new rcbot2? Maybe you can release it as a beta?

Pepois
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 25 2013, 02:50 AM
Post #12

Admin

QUOTE(Septien @ May 24 2013, 06:44 PM) *

Excellent news Cheeseh!!!

Do you think I could test your new rcbot2? Maybe you can release it as a beta?

Pepois

good idea, here's a beta dll file for 0.75 it has some bug fixes too:

CODE

dod:s  added breakable waypoint for DOD:S (a rocket or grenade is required to break a wall nearby)
dod:s  removed health/ammo waypoint types for DOD:S
dod:s  changes to reloading in dod:s to prevent bots clicking their gun too often
all:     fixed some waypoint menu glitches
all:     changed some captions on waypoint menu
tf2:  fixed medics not healing
tf2:  medics follow their healing player better
tf2:  sentry guns have an even higher priority to become enemies

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/RCBot2_075BetaDLL.zip

you can still comment on the breakable waypoints in this thread smile.gif

for any other aspects of the beta you can comment here: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....view=getnewpost
+Quote Post
Septien
post May 25 2013, 01:26 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 25 2013, 02:50 AM) *

good idea, here's a beta dll file for 0.75 it has some bug fixes too:

CODE

dod:s  added breakable waypoint for DOD:S (a rocket or grenade is required to break a wall nearby)
dod:s  removed health/ammo waypoint types for DOD:S
dod:s  changes to reloading in dod:s to prevent bots clicking their gun too often
all:     fixed some waypoint menu glitches
all:     changed some captions on waypoint menu
tf2:  fixed medics not healing
tf2:  medics follow their healing player better
tf2:  sentry guns have an even higher priority to become enemies

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/RCBot2_075BetaDLL.zip
you can still comment on the breakable waypoints in this thread smile.gif

for any other aspects of the beta you can comment here: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....view=getnewpost

Thank you so much Cheeseh!!!!

I will dl it now and test it.

Thank you!!!

-Edited- Hi Cheeseh, I tested your new breakable waypoint! Its a wonderful tool I'm sure all wpters out there will definitely embrace it! It works great in dod_sniperbridge_rc1 map. However in dod_hill_classic, rocket bots miss the target! Their rockets pass above the waypoint. I tried lowering the wpt below the surface and even adding crouch and prone tags etc. but the result was the same. Also, all bot classes are trying to shoot at it which is not very convenient since in this particualr map only rockets/grenades can destroy the wall.

Maybe if you give it a smaller range radius so they can hit the wall right on the spot. In this particular wall, accuracy has to be very precise when aiming even for real players since the breakable spot is very tiny!

Anyway, great work Cheeseh!!!

Pepois
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 25 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #14

RCBot Guru

Cheeseh & Septien,

On hill classic I can verify rocket going over the wall. Also, for me it's the axis doing it. And not only rockets and grenades, but all classes appear to shoot at it (bullets too). I just tagged the normal wpt on the outside of the fortress with breakable/noaxis, is that the right way? Should there be paths to breakable wpts, and what about thier placement. I am using the side of the wall I would want allies to break it on (outside), but I suppose allies could break it from either side? But mainly I don't think we want axis breaking thier own defence wall.

I took a debug pic on an axis support bot targeting and shooting the wall. I also still hear them pulling the trigger on an empty clip a lot, I don't think they were completely out of ammo, I believe they will reload when out of view of the breakable wpt?

Debug pic: http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/7/14/332...classic0008.jpg

bullets: http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/7/14/332...classic0011.jpg

max

+Quote Post
Septien
post May 25 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE(madmax2 @ May 25 2013, 06:06 PM) *

Cheeseh & Septien,

On hill classic I can verify rocket going over the wall. Also, for me it's the axis doing it. And not only rockets and grenades, but all classes appear to shoot at it (bullets too). I just tagged the normal wpt on the outside of the fortress with breakable/noaxis, is that the right way? Should there be paths to breakable wpts, and what about thier placement. I am using the side of the wall I would want allies to break it on (outside), but I suppose allies could break it from either side? But mainly I don't think we want axis breaking thier own defence wall.

I took a debug pic on an axis support bot targeting and shooting the wall. I also still hear them pulling the trigger on an empty clip a lot, I don't think they were completely out of ammo, I believe they will reload when out of view of the breakable wpt?

Debug pic: http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/7/14/332...classic0008.jpg

bullets: http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/7/14/332...classic0011.jpg

max

Hi Max!!!

Always one step ahead!!!
Yes, you are correct with the insight! Breakable wpts aren't supposed to be connected. And it doesn't matter on which side of the wall it's located... bots will try to shoot at it from both sides and from a long distance. And yes for now the noAllies/noAxies tags aren't working with this new wpt.

I will upload an updated version of the map. It's almost final for me smile.gif Oh and thank you for the pics!!!

Pepois
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 25 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #16

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Septien @ May 25 2013, 10:26 AM) *

Hi Max!!!

Always one step ahead!!!
Yes, you are correct with your insight! you are correct breakable wpts aren't supposed to be connected. And it doesnt matter on which side of the wall is... bots will try to shot at it from both sides and from a long distance. And yes for now the noAllies/noAxies tags arent working with this new wpt.
I will upload an updated version of the map. It's almost final for me smile.gif Oh and thank you for the pics!!!

Pepois

Heh heh, ok sounds good... I'll cheeck out the new rcw when it's done... Yeah, for some reason I thought the noaxis tag was working on the new breakable wpt? I was playing it and saw what they were doing, the rockets over the wall caught my attention right away... I'm sure cheeseh will get it sorted out soon enough smile.gif ....

max
+Quote Post
Septien
post May 25 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE(madmax2 @ May 25 2013, 07:03 PM) *

Heh heh, ok sounds good... I'll cheeck out the new rcw when it's done... Yeah, for some reason I thought the noaxis tag was working on the new breakable wpt? I was playing it and saw what they were doing, the rockets over the wall caught my attention right away... I'm sure cheeseh will get it sorted out soon enough smile.gif ....

max

I just uploaded an updated version!!!

Let me know what you think. I'm sure once the breakable gets "tuned in" it will get more fun!

Pepois
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 26 2013, 11:03 AM
Post #18

Admin

QUOTE(Septien @ May 25 2013, 08:13 PM) *

I just uploaded an updated version!!!

Let me know what you think. I'm sure once the breakable gets "tuned in" it will get more fun!

Pepois

actually they CAN be connected which means they will only go through the path if the breakable is open or they can break it themselves

also in this beta dll the bots will still shoot the breakable regardless of noallies/noaxis flag.

The bots rocket launcher aiming needs to be improved and they need to remember that gravity pulls the rocket down, so that's why maybe they are shooting either too high or too low
+Quote Post
Septien
post May 26 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 26 2013, 11:03 AM) *

actually they CAN be connected which means they will only go through the path if the breakable is open or they can break it themselves

also in this beta dll the bots will still shoot the breakable regardless of noallies/noaxis flag.

The bots rocket launcher aiming needs to be improved and they need to remember that gravity pulls the rocket down, so that's why maybe they are shooting either too high or too low

Hi Cheeseh,

I suppose since you already have a great openslater waypoint perhaps is not needed to go through all the trouble to have breakable wpts connected but then again is "your baby". Actually, Podbot had them connected. Also, perhaps having all bots shoot at breakable wpts is not so bad after all but maybe just have them shoot at it a couple of times and then move on in order to avoid running out of ammo (but then again if accuracy is fixed perhaps this shouldn't be a problem since bots stop shooting once the target is destroyed). And yes!!! extremely improving the target aiming accuracy so bots can shoot precisely at the breakable wpt would be very welcomed as well as being able to use your powerful noallies/noaxis wpts with them!!!

Cheeseh, would it be too much trouble to tryout a fixed version in a new beta... soon? smile.gif or will you go ahead and release a final release... soon? smile.gif hehe

Looking forward and anxiously to tryout your new .dll.
Thank you for your expertise and your precious time!

Pepois
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 26 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #20

Admin

okay ! so action points:

1) if the breakable has either noallies or noaxis then only the allowed team will shoot the breakable?

2) improve bots aiming with rocket launcher?

3) stop shooting at breakable if already broken? (I think this is already done, but not sure if you meant this is what you want or what you observed)

4) only shoot the breakable if they have a lot of ammo (i.e. don't unload ammo on the breakable)

BTW with openslater, sometimes it doesnt work work breakables, it just goes through and thinks the path is open even when its closed, if you use a breakable waypoint then it will check specifically that the breakable is open or not .

are there any more 'action points' ? smile.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:36 AM