Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> arena_grid_walls
Positronic
post Jun 23 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,581

So, I decided to start some rudimentary waypointing. I used arena_grid_walls, which is a very small map with 9 "chambers" set out in a 3x3 grid. It looks something like this: (it's geometric and symmetrical... I just couldn't get the spacings to match up right here tongue.gif )
CODE

|--------------------------------|
|     |          |          |
|     |           |          |
|-------|------------|-----------|
|     |    CP       |          |
|-------|------------|------------|
|     |            |              |
|-------|-------------|-----------|

All of the inner walls have doors that move up and down synchronously. First all the inner horizontal walls open, then when they close, the vertical walls open. It's a pretty neat concept, and one that I thought would be easy for my first time waypointing.

The current issues are:

Bots try to shoot through the moveable door sections, which wastes ammo, and may cause them to kill themselves (if soldier or demo).
Sometimes they get distracted by enemies through the doors and don't respond to threats by enemies in the same square as them.

I'm not posting this as a final or anything, I just wanted to see what tips/criticisms you guys might have on the map.

Here's a file front link to the map, arena_grid_walls (it's about .67 MB): http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/1133...-walls-bsp.html

Attached File(s)
Attached File  arena_grid_walls.zip ( 1.04k ) Number of downloads: 31
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:21 PM