IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Spawn Points Specifically for Bots, Is there a way to setup spawn points only for BOTS
Claw99
post Mar 14 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,328

Is there a way to setup spawn points only for BOTS in specific areas on a map? Allies and Axis would not spawn there.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
madmax2
post Mar 14 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 14 2014, 03:46 AM) *

Is there a way to setup spawn points only for BOTS in specific areas on a map? Allies and Axis would not spawn there.

No... not just for bots... why just for bots???

Do you want spawn points for just normal dod gameplay? I know it can be done with root's sourcemod deathmatch plugin. see this post...

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11630

There may be a plugin just for spawn points? Check allied moders for that as well as root's plugins (or try http://dodsplugins.com/index.php in his sig). Genmac has modified a few maps here and may know how to do it. I think it's a rip entity thing to move or add spawn points. Using a sourcemod plugin would be much easier and then you don't need a modified map...
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 15 2014, 08:43 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 14 2014, 02:31 PM) *

No... not just for bots... why just for bots???

Do you want spawn points for just normal dod gameplay? I know it can be done with root's sourcemod deathmatch plugin. see this post...

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11630

There may be a plugin just for spawn points? Check allied moders for that as well as root's plugins (or try http://dodsplugins.com/index.php in his sig). Genmac has modified a few maps here and may know how to do it. I think it's a rip entity thing to move or add spawn points. Using a sourcemod plugin would be much easier and then you don't need a modified map...

Thanks I'll check it out.

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 15 2014, 04:26 PM) *

I'm trying to set this up for a custom map I'm building. It's based on Aliens Vs. Predator movie/theme. The idea is that the Axis team spawns on one side of the map, say the mining town and the Allied team spawns near the mother ship. There are flags all over including under ground in the Mayan Temple. I want Predator Bots to spawn on the mother ship and Alien bots to spawn in the Mayan temple. That's why I'm looking to place spawn points specifically for Bots. On another note, is there a command that sets the bots to do a Free For All so no matter what side they are on, they attack everyone?

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 15 2014, 04:35 PM) *

I'm trying to set this up for a custom map I'm building. It's based on Aliens Vs. Predator movie/theme. The idea is that the Axis team spawns on one side of the map, say the mining town and the Allied team spawns near the mother ship. There are flags all over including under ground in the Mayan Temple. I want Predator Bots to spawn on the mother ship and Alien bots to spawn in the Mayan temple. That's why I'm looking to place spawn points specifically for Bots. On another note, is there a command that sets the bots to do a Free For All so no matter what side they are on, they attack everyone?

Is there a "How To" for setting up spawn points for Bots using Death Match?
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 15 2014, 11:53 PM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 15 2014, 12:43 PM) *

Cool, building a custom map, it's good to have mappers interested in RCbot cool.gif ... Your project sounds interesting too... As for setting the bots for "free for all", you can use the "rcbot_ffa 1" cvar. This will make bots on the same team attack each other as well as enemy team. But to do damage to "friendly" teammates, you must also set "mp_friendlyfire 1".

It sounds like what you are trying to do with the bots might not work unsure.gif ? Currently, I don't know if RCbot2 can support more then 2 teams? Thats beyond my knowledge. It sounds like you want to use them for 3 or 4 teams (axis, allied, alien/predator)? RCbots wouldn't have the behaviors you would want for the alien/predators. Perhaps you have something else in mind for the alien/predator bots??? I would think you would need to add the alien/predators into the map as NPC's (Non Player Characters) some how?

Also, I have no idea how to limit the spawns to bots only, unless there is a plugin or mod for that, which I doubt.

Is there a "How To" for setting up spawn points for Bots using Death Match?

Not that I know of, but i'm not into the deathmatch mod that much. I think genmac posted some info here, just try some searches, on dm, tdm, root, etc. You will need sourcemod, metamod source, and root's deathmatch sourcemod plugin. The deathmatch plugin removes the flags from the map and uses config files for each map. But I really don't know what all can be done with it beyond playing DM and adding/removing spawn points...

But, hey, it's a cool idea for a map, i'd like to play it when you release it... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 17 2014, 11:20 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 15 2014, 07:53 PM) *

Cool, building a custom map, it's good to have mappers interested in RCbot cool.gif ... Your project sounds interesting too... As for setting the bots for "free for all", you can use the "rcbot_ffa 1" cvar. This will make bots on the same team attack each other as well as enemy team. But to do damage to "friendly" teammates, you must also set "mp_friendlyfire 1".

It sounds like what you are trying to do with the bots might not work unsure.gif ? Currently, I don't know if RCbot2 can support more then 2 teams? Thats beyond my knowledge. It sounds like you want to use them for 3 or 4 teams (axis, allied, alien/predator)? RCbots wouldn't have the behaviors you would want for the alien/predators. Perhaps you have something else in mind for the alien/predator bots??? I would think you would need to add the alien/predators into the map as NPC's (Non Player Characters) some how?

Also, I have no idea how to limit the spawns to bots only, unless there is a plugin or mod for that, which I doubt.
Not that I know of, but i'm not into the deathmatch mod that much. I think genmac posted some info here, just try some searches, on dm, tdm, root, etc. You will need sourcemod, metamod source, and root's deathmatch sourcemod plugin. The deathmatch plugin removes the flags from the map and uses config files for each map. But I really don't know what all can be done with it beyond playing DM and adding/removing spawn points...

But, hey, it's a cool idea for a map, i'd like to play it when you release it... smile.gif

Thanks for the help Max!
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 17 2014, 12:52 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 17 2014, 07:20 AM) *

Thanks for the help Max!

Do you know if there is a way to still use RCBots2 without allowing sv_cheats? I plan on using this map in a public server scenario.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 17 2014, 07:06 PM
Post #7

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 17 2014, 04:52 AM) *

Do you know if there is a way to still use RCBots2 without allowing sv_cheats? I plan on using this map in a public server scenario.

You can try these things, but I have no dedi so can't test & I don't know what works?

Cheeseh said this in the .76 changes:

convar rcbot_sv_cheats_warning: If disabled, bots will try to spawn even if sv_cheats is 1 - use only with admin cvar plugin

Before that cvar was added to RCbot2, was this topic, and root made a nocheats plugin. If need be, you could try the nocheat plugin alone or in combination with the "rcbot_sv_cheats_warning" cvar...

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....789&hl=root

There may additional info in other topics? It has come up from time to time...
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 18 2014, 09:47 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 17 2014, 03:06 PM) *

You can try these things, but I have no dedi so can't test & I don't know what works?

Cheeseh said this in the .76 changes:
Before that cvar was added to RCbot2, was this topic, and root made a nocheats plugin. If need be, you could try the nocheat plugin alone or in combination with the "rcbot_sv_cheats_warning" cvar...

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....789&hl=root

There may additional info in other topics? It has come up from time to time...

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to cvar stuff. What do I need to specifically do to get this to work. Do I to put some lines in the server,cfg file? If so what are they?
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 19 2014, 09:26 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 18 2014, 05:47 PM) *

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to cvar stuff. What do I need to specifically do to get this to work. Do I to put some lines in the server,cfg file? If so what are they?

I put in the nocheats.smx in the C:\srcds\dod\addons\sourcemod\plugins folder and then I put the nocheats.sp file in the C:\srcds\dod\addons\sourcemod\scripting folder. I set the sv_cheats to 0. When I try to add bots, I'm still getting the error sv_cheats must be 1 to add bots. Am I missing something? Maybe I'm missing a cvar line?
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 19 2014, 08:00 PM
Post #10

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 18 2014, 01:47 PM) *

Sorry for late reply, not at home right now...

I'm not sure this works, but i'd just try the cvar without the nocheats plugin first. The server.cfg may work, but i'd try it in the rcbot2 config.ini. You can also put non rcbot2 cvars in the rcbot2 config.ini.

"rcbot_sv_cheats_warning 1" is the default. change to 0 to turn off the cheats warning.

The nocheats plugin may not be needed with this cvar, bots will try to spawn regardless of the sv_cheats setting (try both sv_cheats 0 or 1). Again, I have not seen confirmation this will work to remove the flagged cheat server status. Cheeseh also says it must be used with the admin cvar, I don't know if he is refering to the admin plugin that comes with sourcemod by default, or something else?

I put in the nocheats.smx in the C:\srcds\dod\addons\sourcemod\plugins folder and then I put the nocheats.sp file in the C:\srcds\dod\addons\sourcemod\scripting folder. I set the sv_cheats to 0. When I try to add bots, I'm still getting the error sv_cheats must be 1 to add bots. Am I missing something? Maybe I'm missing a cvar line?

I just thought you could try it with the nocheats plugin, if all else fails. I haven't seen confirmation this works either. (The file locations look correct)

Root said:
Also make sure variables like 'sv_cheats' and 'rcbot_sv_cheats_auto' in config.ini set to 0

But you may have to set one or the other to 1 to get bots to spawn. I thought perhaps in combination with the "rcbot_sv_cheats_warning 0" setting bots might spawn with both set to 0?

I think you may be blazing new ground? There has got to be others that have tried this, but i have not seen feedback as to success or failure? So, let us know how it turns out either way, thanks... And if anyone knows, feel free to jump in and tell us your results, or suggestions... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 20 2014, 01:49 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 19 2014, 04:00 PM) *

Sorry for late reply, not at home right now...

I'm not sure this works, but i'd just try the cvar without the nocheats plugin first. The server.cfg may work, but i'd try it in the rcbot2 config.ini. You can also put non rcbot2 cvars in the rcbot2 config.ini.

"rcbot_sv_cheats_warning 1" is the default. change to 0 to turn off the cheats warning.

The nocheats plugin may not be needed with this cvar, bots will try to spawn regardless of the sv_cheats setting (try both sv_cheats 0 or 1). Again, I have not seen confirmation this will work to remove the flagged cheat server status. Cheeseh also says it must be used with the admin cvar, I don't know if he is refering to the admin plugin that comes with sourcemod by default, or something else?
I just thought you could try it with the nocheats plugin, if all else fails. I haven't seen confirmation this works either. (The file locations look correct)
But you may have to set one or the other to 1 to get bots to spawn. I thought perhaps in combination with the "rcbot_sv_cheats_warning 0" setting bots might spawn with both set to 0?

I think you may be blazing new ground? There has got to be others that have tried this, but i have not seen feedback as to success or failure? So, let us know how it turns out either way, thanks... And if anyone knows, feel free to jump in and tell us your results, or suggestions... wink.gif

Thank guys. I'll work on it tonight.
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 20 2014, 02:23 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 19 2014, 09:49 PM) *

Thank guys. I'll work on it tonight.

I removed the nocheats.smx and the nocheats.sp.
I set the sv_cheats and 'rcbot_sv_cheats_auto' to O and I added rcbot_sv_cheats_warning 0 (it was not in the rcbot2\config folder) to the config.ini in the rcbot2\config directory. Then tested:

It's still saying that sv_cheats must be set to 1 for addbot to work. Also I couldn't find the admin cvar that was mentioned by Root. Do I need to create an admin.cfg and if so, where do put the file?

Then I tried with the nocheats plugin and it still gave me the same error " sv_cheats must be set to 1 to add bots"

Ant other suggestions? All I want to do is use bots on a public server without having to turn on cheats. Is this even possible? If it is absolutely necessary, is their a way to stop players form using cheats? Thanks guys!
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 20 2014, 11:14 PM
Post #13

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Anyway don't worry I've got bots to join without needing cheats now without needing an extra plugin! IT was so simple but I just thought of why it wasn't working today and fixed it.

rcbot_botcmd_nocheats must be 1

DLL

http://sourceforge.net/p/rcbot2/code/HEAD/....dll?format=raw

non home version

------------

If youre doing this on dedicated server it wont work unless u physically type in the commands after the map has started , theres a bug that resets everything to default and it doesnt load the config until the map has begun . If you do have rcbot sv cheats commands in your config make sure they are first

The admin cvar plugin was a sourcemod plugin just that root used to make his own. The cvar plugin could change permissions for any cvar. The plugin must be able to set the "bot" command as no cheats

If it's an rcbot problem console will say:
error: sv_cheats must be 1 to add bots

If it's not an rcbot problem console will say:
'Can't use cheat command "cmd" in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 22 2014, 12:44 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 20 2014, 07:14 PM) *

Anyway don't worry I've got bots to join without needing cheats now without needing an extra plugin! IT was so simple but I just thought of why it wasn't working today and fixed it.

rcbot_botcmd_nocheats must be 1

DLL

non home version

------------

If youre doing this on dedicated server it wont work unless u physically type in the commands after the map has started , theres a bug that resets everything to default and it doesnt load the config until the map has begun . If you do have rcbot sv cheats commands in your config make sure they are first

The admin cvar plugin was a sourcemod plugin just that root used to make his own. The cvar plugin could change permissions for any cvar. The plugin must be able to set the "bot" command as no cheats

If it's an rcbot problem console will say:
error: sv_cheats must be 1 to add bots

If it's not an rcbot problem console will say:
'Can't use cheat command "cmd" in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set

Ok. I'll test it out. Thanks Cheeseh
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 22 2014, 03:09 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 21 2014, 08:44 PM) *

Ok. I'll test it out. Thanks Cheeseh

Yes it worked! Thanks!!

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 21 2014, 11:03 PM) *

Yes it worked! Thanks!!

Do you know any way to setup different spawn points just for bots? in other words, have the bots spawn at their own locations away from axis and Allies? Who would know how to get this done?
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 22 2014, 03:28 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 21 2014, 11:09 PM) *

Yes it worked! Thanks!!
Do you know any way to setup different spawn points just for bots? in other words, have the bots spawn at their own locations away from axis and Allies? Who would know how to get this done?

Does RCbot have the bot_teleport command available similar to tf_Bot.

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 21 2014, 11:19 PM) *

An example of Bot_Teleport would be;

bot_teleport Teleports a specified bot to a given coordinate.
Map coordinates of where you are standing can be found by typing Status in the console.
Syntaxbot_teleport <botname> <X> <Y> <Z> <Pitch> <Yaw> <Roll> Where botname is the bot name or id to teleport. X Y Z are the map coordinates. Pitch Yaw Roll is the direction the bot should face.

Examplebot_teleport bot01 -4815 1385 -447 0 0 0
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 22 2014, 10:34 AM
Post #17

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 22 2014, 04:28 AM) *

An example of Bot_Teleport would be;

bot_teleport Teleports a specified bot to a given coordinate.
Map coordinates of where you are standing can be found by typing Status in the console.
Syntaxbot_teleport <botname> <X> <Y> <Z> <Pitch> <Yaw> <Roll> Where botname is the bot name or id to teleport. X Y Z are the map coordinates. Pitch Yaw Roll is the direction the bot should face.

Examplebot_teleport bot01 -4815 1385 -447 0 0 0

Not yet I've not yet added any functionality for teleporting players or bots, i'll have a look soon
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 22 2014, 11:00 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 22 2014, 06:34 AM) *

Not yet I've not yet added any functionality for teleporting players or bots, i'll have a look soon

Thanks for all the help. Your plugin is great! smile.gif
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 22 2014, 01:15 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 22 2014, 07:00 AM) *

Thanks for all the help. Your plugin is great! smile.gif

I was also contemplating whether there was a way to create a trigger that teleports BOTs (only) not human players to another location after spawning and when they touch or cross a trigger box. For example, placing a trigger box in the exit of the spawn area where the way points automatically sends the Bots. However when the human players cross the trigger nothing happens. So only the Bots get teleported. Any ideas?
+Quote Post
SPYderman
post Mar 22 2014, 06:42 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,299

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 22 2014, 01:15 PM) *

I was also contemplating whether there was a way to create a trigger that teleports BOTs (only) not human players to another location after spawning and when they touch or cross a trigger box. For example, placing a trigger box in the exit of the spawn area where the way points automatically sends the Bots. However when the human players cross the trigger nothing happens. So only the Bots get teleported. Any ideas?

There is a way, but you'd need to decompile the map (if you haven't already) and edit it through Source SDK to do that.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:24 PM