Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crash when player connects to TF2 Dedicated Server
SleepyAl
post Jul 28 2013, 04:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,295

Hi, I've used RCBot2 in the past with TF2 on my local machine, and I've just set up a dedicated server on a Windows 7 x64 machine so my friends and I can game together on it.

I've got it all installed correctly (to my knowledge) and running, and it's finding the waypoints correctly, but whenever a player joins the game while a bot is connected (or vice-versa), the server instantly crashes once the "[player name] has connected" line pops up in console.

I'm not sure how to run RCBot2 in a debug mode or if it makes any logs or not, but if there's a way I can post them if told how to do so.

I've tried running RCBot2 with and without Sourcemod/Metamod, and it crashes regardless. The server works fine without any RCBot2 bots.

My directory to the tf installation is as follows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Valve\HLServer\steamcmd_win32\orangebox\tf

RCBot2's folder is installed in C:\Users\Sleepy\rcbot2 and the waypoints are in waypoints\orangebox\tf

Any help would be appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jul 28 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Hi SleepyAl,

Welcome, I don't have a dedi set up atm, and you may of tried some of these things already? But here are a couple suggestions...

It sounds like the same problem Root had on dods, see here:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....amp;#entry12111

Strange problems can occur if rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 is not correct, crashes or bot movement issues.. see this:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1794

Also, be sure you are set for -insecure in your shortcut or launch options, robot2 will not work with VAC enabled....

Oh, and I almost forgot, try toggleing the rcbot_runplayer_hookonce setting in the rcbot2 config.ini, if all else fails..

It doesn't sound like a bot_mods.ini problem, but if this doesn't help, maybe post that and any unusual console messeges you get before a player joins and it crashes....? And post the rcbot2 config.ini...

Hope this helps?

max
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 29 2013, 01:18 AM
Post #3

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I've never actually tried running the bot in dedicated, so possibly there's a bug which is happening on bot h windows and linux causing it to crash somewhere. I believe that there might be some differences that haven't taken into account. I'm downloading the srcds now to have a look
+Quote Post
SleepyAl
post Jul 29 2013, 01:50 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jul 28 2013, 12:51 PM) *

Hi SleepyAl,

Welcome, I don't have a dedi set up atm, and you may of tried some of these things already? But here are a couple suggestions...

It sounds like the same problem Root had on dods, see here:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....amp;#entry12111

Strange problems can occur if rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 is not correct, crashes or bot movement issues.. see this:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1794

Also, be sure you are set for -insecure in your shortcut or launch options, robot2 will not work with VAC enabled....

Oh, and I almost forgot, try toggleing the rcbot_runplayer_hookonce setting in the rcbot2 config.ini, if all else fails..

It doesn't sound like a bot_mods.ini problem, but if this doesn't help, maybe post that and any unusual console messeges you get before a player joins and it crashes....? And post the rcbot2 config.ini...

Hope this helps?

max

Hi Max, thanks for the quick response.

I've already changed the rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 to 417 before I tested the server out, so that's probably not the problem. I've also run with -insecure in my launch options. I'll run the server again and post what it spews out in case there's anything unusual. I'll also try the rcbot_runplayer_hookonce setting too. And, if that all fails, I'll post my config.ini onto pastebin.

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 28 2013, 09:18 PM) *

I've never actually tried running the bot in dedicated, so possibly there's a bug which is happening on bot h windows and linux causing it to crash somewhere. I believe that there might be some differences that haven't taken into account. I'm downloading the srcds now to have a look

Thanks for any help you can provide. If it matters, I'm using SteamCMD, the successor to HLServer (which it was changed from once steampipe went live and Valve moved the server updating to SteamCMD) instead of SRCDS through the Steam client's download. RCBots2 works fine on my local machine with TF2, last time I checked at least.
+Quote Post
SleepyAl
post Jul 29 2013, 02:46 AM
Post #5

Ok, it's still crashing. Here's my log file. It crashes right at the end, of course.
http://pastebin.com/ssaY6BJu

Here's my rcbot2 config file: http://pastebin.com/JnnVALT7

Here's my bot_mods.ini, which I don't think is needed: http://pastebin.com/WQmZrdAY

When the server starts, I type the map, then when it loads I type rcbotd addbot (since sv_cheats 1 is already enabled), it adds, someone joins the game, it crashes as soon as the player is fully connected and sees the motd.

There seems to be some errors concerning RCBot2 in the log, but I'm not sure how to tell what the problem is. I'm running the server as administrator, the folders it needs to access are not read-only, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jul 29 2013, 06:50 AM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

This may not be the whole problem, but the value for rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 in the config.ini somehow got changed and is wrong now! It's showing 416 instead of 417. Change that & see if it helps. Also, toggle rcbot_runplayer_hookonce back to 0 to start with. If it still crashes, then try 1, others have said 0 is working best atm...

The bot_mods.ini looks right for what the console is reporting, so I think that is ok...

max
+Quote Post
SleepyAl
post Jul 29 2013, 11:26 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jul 29 2013, 02:50 AM) *

This may not be the whole problem, but the value for rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 in the config.ini somehow got changed and is wrong now! It's showing 416 instead of 417. Change that & see if it helps. Also, toggle rcbot_runplayer_hookonce back to 0 to start with. If it still crashes, then try 1, others have said 0 is working best atm...

The bot_mods.ini looks right for what the console is reporting, so I think that is ok...

max

I'm not sure how the runplayer_cmd_tf2 got changed, but putting it back to 417 didn't fix the problems. I also tried hookonce on both 0 and 1, no dice.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 30 2013, 10:32 AM
Post #8

Admin

QUOTE(SleepyAl @ Jul 30 2013, 12:26 AM) *

I'm not sure how the runplayer_cmd_tf2 got changed, but putting it back to 417 didn't fix the problems. I also tried hookonce on both 0 and 1, no dice.

well I've downloaded steamCMD and tried it myself this morning and it's definitely crashing at the hooking stage. So there's got to be something wrong with the offset. Perhaps it's different for dedicated server. Could try 415 or even go lower. When I get home I'll have another look and see how sourcemod gets the offsets.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 30 2013, 03:47 PM
Post #9

Admin

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 30 2013, 11:32 AM) *

well I've downloaded steamCMD and tried it myself this morning and it's definitely crashing at the hooking stage. So there's got to be something wrong with the offset. Perhaps it's different for dedicated server. Could try 415 or even go lower. When I get home I'll have another look and see how sourcemod gets the offsets.

okay I've found the problem. The RCBot2 config.ini doesn't load until you add a bot in dedicated server, unfortunately your rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 value is in the config and it's too late to update.

So what you'll need to do for the time being is type, or automatically set "rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2" to "417" after you load the rcbot2 plugin but before you add any bots, in the console or by some automatic means
+Quote Post
SleepyAl
post Jul 30 2013, 09:31 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 30 2013, 11:47 AM) *

okay I've found the problem. The RCBot2 config.ini doesn't load until you add a bot in dedicated server, unfortunately your rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 value is in the config and it's too late to update.

So what you'll need to do for the time being is type, or automatically set "rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2" to "417" after you load the rcbot2 plugin but before you add any bots, in the console or by some automatic means

That worked! Thanks a bunch! It's a shame the bots don't move as fast as the official bots do, but I can deal with it.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jul 31 2013, 09:15 PM
Post #11

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 30 2013, 08:47 AM) *

Yeah, I'm glad you found a solution... So was this problem only with TF2 dedicated servers? Because I thought some of the users on DODs (darkranger), currently had a working dedicated server... maybe he had placed the rcbot_runplayer_cmd_dod statement in one of the server config files?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 31 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #12

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jul 31 2013, 10:15 PM) *

Yeah, I'm glad you found a solution... So was this problem only with TF2 dedicated servers? Because I thought some of the users on DODs (darkranger), currently had a working dedicated server... maybe he had placed the rcbot_runplayer_cmd_dod statement in one of the server config files?

Dod:s is most likely affected too
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 10:24 PM