Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RCbot2 Install Instructions, With fancy photos from Windows 7 beta! :P
MarD
post Oct 3 2009, 02:47 AM
Post #1

RCBot Fan

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 419

edit: For linux see here: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1254

Heyyo,

So here it is... some people have asked.. how to install rcbot2? well here's my super-dandy easy install guide for both listen and dedicated servers biggrin.gif

NOTE: I install my shiz on a different partition on my raid-array of hdd's just because it's less annoying if I restore so your install directory of steam will probably vary.. by default it installs into... "C:\Program Files\Steam" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam" only if you have windows 64bit.

Step 1... once you've downloaded the latest RCbot 2 full (and potential beta dll's released cause they tend to have nice fixes) just extract it into your email address in your steamapps folder so you should have an rcbot2 folder within it:
IPB Image

Edit by Cheeseh: RCBot2 0.72 or later must be installed to C:/Users/<Username> in Win7 or C:/Documents and Settings/<username> in WinXP

Step 2... now you take the hpb_bot2.dll and dump it in the bin folder located in your "teamfortress 2\bin" folder:
IPB Image

Step 3... now the best way to load this plugin is not via .cfg or ingame console, but via .vdf file.. essentially you make a folder called "addons" in your "tf" folder. Inside that folder create a text file (eg. rcbot2.txt) and add in the following:
CODE
"Plugin"
{
    "file"    "..\bin\HPB_Bot2.dll"
}

and the rename it to a vdf file (eg. rcbot2.vdf) and you're set! I've attached a pre-made .vdf file considering you've put the dll in the correct place and it's still called "hpb_bot2.dll" tongue.gif
IPB Image

Now you're set! just load up the game, enable console if you haven't (ingame, go into options > keyboard > advanced > enable console)... and then do the following in the console:

CODE
sv_cheats 1

CODE
rcbot addbot

or if you want the game to autoadd a certain amount?

CODE
rcbot config max_bots *number*

(eg... rcbot config max_bots 15)

It's easiest to just set the max_bots that way on map change the bots will re-add themselves.. handy on dedicated servers.. NOTE!! sv_cheats needs to be set to 1 to add bots only, you can turn it off after adding them.. so beware of cheaters while it's on using noclip and such! wink.gif

Now speaking of dedicated servers... for dedicated server's it's very similar stuff. You just change the directory from the email folder to the root directory where the hl2 and orangebox folders reside, and the dll goes into "orangebox\bin" or "source 2007 dedicated server\bin" (depending on if you downloaded the standalone ded stuff or using steam) and the vdf file goes into "orangebox\tf2\addons". The good news for dedicated servers, is the sourcemod bot management plugin apparently fixes the gravity issue! so give it a shot if you have sourcemod.. my dedicated server has mani mod atm but I don't ultimately care for now cause it doesn't make the bots unplayable, lol.

NOTE!!!! for dedicated servers? rename the waypoint folder from "teamfortress 2" to "orangebox" or "source 2007 dedicated server" (depending on if you downloaded the standalone ded stuff or using steam) OTHERWISE THE BOTS WILL PROBABLY NOT LOAD ANY WAYPOINTS AND RUN AROUND AIMLESSLY!!!!!!

Also note that if you are using the steam method for dedicated servers you do need to change the "bot_mods.ini" file and add the below..

CODE
#
mod = TF2
steamdir = source 2007 dedicated server
gamedir = tf
bot = TF2

Thanks to SKi, bir3yk and kubbica for discovering that there is a diff between standalone and steam versions of ded server foldernames.

In the future I shall add how to add mods.. but for now it's not supported.. thus far bots can load into day of defeat source because it runs on the exact same engine code as TF2... of course replace any name with that of the mod.. so my guide is similar.. thus far it seems to load dlls into sourcemods, you put the dll in the "source sdk base\bin" or the "source sdk base 2007\bin" folders depending on what engine the mod runs.

=======Change Log=======
Oct 2, 2009... Created the guide with basic instructions and pics, and some basic dedicated server info.-ThE_MarD

Oct 17, 2009... Added the "source 2007 dedicated server" stuff. Thanks to SKi, bir3yk and kubbica for discovering that.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  rcbot2_vdf_addons_file_inside.zip ( 164bytes ) Number of downloads: 1062
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SACKINGMAGGOTS
post Oct 10 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,891

QUOTE(MarD @ Oct 3 2009, 02:47 AM) *

edit: For linux see here: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1254

Heyyo,

So here it is... some people have asked.. how to install rcbot2? well here's my super-dandy easy install guide for both listen and dedicated servers biggrin.gif

NOTE: I install my shiz on a different partition on my raid-array of hdd's just because it's less annoying if I restore so your install directory of steam will probably vary.. by default it installs into... "C:\Program Files\Steam" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam" only if you have windows 64bit.

Step 1... once you've downloaded the latest RCbot 2 full (and potential beta dll's released cause they tend to have nice fixes) just extract it into your email address in your steamapps folder so you should have an rcbot2 folder within it:
IPB Image

Step 2... now you take the hpb_bot2.dll and dump it in the bin folder located in your "teamfortress 2\bin" folder:
IPB Image

Step 3... now the best way to load this plugin is not via .cfg or ingame console, but via .vdf file.. essentially you make a folder called "addons" in your "tf" folder. Inside that folder create a text file (eg. rcbot2.txt) and add in the following:
CODE
"Plugin"
{
}

and the rename it to a vdf file (eg. rcbot2.vdf) and you're set! I've attached a pre-made .vdf file considering you've put the dll in the correct place and it's still called "hpb_bot2.dll" tongue.gif
IPB Image

Now you're set! just load up the game, enable console if you haven't (ingame, go into options > keyboard > advanced > enable console)... and then do the following in the console:

CODE
sv_cheats 1

CODE
rcbot addbot

or if you want the game to autoadd a certain amount?

CODE
rcbot config max_bots *number*

(eg... rcbot config max_bots 15)

It's easiest to just set the max_bots that way on map change the bots will re-add themselves.. handy on dedicated servers.. NOTE!! sv_cheats needs to be set to 1 to add bots only, you can turn it off after adding them.. so beware of cheaters while it's on using noclip and such! wink.gif
Now speaking of dedicated servers... for dedicated server's it's very similar stuff. You just change the directory from the email folder to the root directory where the hl2 and orangebox folders reside, and the dll goes into "orangebox\bin" or "source 2007 dedicated server\bin" (depending on if you downloaded the standalone ded stuff or using steam) and the vdf file goes into "orangebox\tf2\addons". The good news for dedicated servers, is the sourcemod bot management plugin apparently fixes the gravity issue! so give it a shot if you have sourcemod.. my dedicated server has mani mod atm but I don't ultimately care for now cause it doesn't make the bots unplayable, lol.

NOTE!!!! for dedicated servers? rename the waypoint folder from "teamfortress 2" to "orangebox" or "source 2007 dedicated server" (depending on if you downloaded the standalone ded stuff or using steam) OTHERWISE THE BOTS WILL PROBABLY NOT LOAD ANY WAYPOINTS AND RUN AROUND AIMLESSLY!!!!!!

Also note that if you are using the steam method for dedicated servers you do need to change the "bot_mods.ini" file and add the below..

CODE
#
mod = TF2
steamdir = source 2007 dedicated server
gamedir = tf
bot = TF2

Thanks to SKi, bir3yk and kubbica for discovering that there is a diff between standalone and steam versions of ded server foldernames.
In the future I shall add how to add mods.. but for now it's not supported.. thus far bots can load into day of defeat source because it runs on the exact same engine code as TF2... of course replace any name with that of the mod.. so my guide is similar.. thus far it seems to load dlls into sourcemods, you put the dll in the "source sdk base\bin" or the "source sdk base 2007\bin" folders depending on what engine the mod runs.
=======Change Log=======
Oct 2, 2009... Created the guide with basic instructions and pics, and some basic dedicated server info.-ThE_MarD

Oct 17, 2009... Added the "source 2007 dedicated server" stuff. Thanks to SKi, bir3yk and kubbica for discovering that.

how do u change this text file in to a vdf file
+Quote Post
DrPuffinKind
post Oct 10 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #3

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 1,638

IPB Image

save as...
+Quote Post
MarD
post Oct 30 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #4

RCBot Fan

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 419

Heyyo,

QUOTE(SACKINGMAGGOTS @ Oct 10 2010, 07:57 AM) *

how do u change this text file in to a vdf file

Err... yeah I did have that and a screenie from Windows 7 beta... you even have it in your post quote. tongue.gif

QUOTE(MarD @ Oct 2 2009, 06:47 PM) *

CODE
"Plugin"
{
}

IPB Image

+Quote Post
ECS
post Nov 2 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,889

Ok, I do everything in the instruccions, but i get this error:

No valid signature found for c:\archivos de programa\steam\steamapps\ecsmaster\team fortress 2\tf\..\bin\HPB_Bot2.dll

Strange, before this worked for me, maybe a bug of Rcbot 2 V0.58 beta?

Any posible solution?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Nov 3 2010, 05:23 AM
Post #6

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(ECS @ Nov 2 2010, 11:40 PM) *

Ok, I do everything in the instruccions, but i get this error:

No valid signature found for c:\archivos de programa\steam\steamapps\ecsmaster\team fortress 2\tf\..\bin\HPB_Bot2.dll

Strange, before this worked for me, maybe a bug of Rcbot 2 V0.58 beta?

Any posible solution?

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....c=1557&st=0

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1563
+Quote Post
ECS
post Nov 3 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,889

Thanks!. I forgot that jeje, Critical Fail for me.
+Quote Post
bir3yk
post Nov 3 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #8

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 1,566

as I wrote, it is not legitimate, but you can try to run with my patched engine.dll, it removes the check on plugins are not signed
http://rghost.ru/2993684 patch engine.dll wink.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:14 PM