3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thanks for abandoning us..., Aka the Sven Coop players
Ryusho
post Mar 14 2010, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,436

Really, Thanks a lot....some of us LIKE these bots for Sven coop and want to keep the bots, BUT since you all have pretty much abandoned it over the RCBOT2 project, we are either STUCK on Sven coop 3.0 OR we can use the latest version but NO BOTS without major problems, So much for keeping this up to date huh? mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 14 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Ryusho @ Mar 14 2010, 10:08 AM) *

Really, Thanks a lot....some of us LIKE these bots for Sven coop and want to keep the bots, BUT since you all have pretty much abandoned it over the RCBOT2 project, we are either STUCK on Sven coop 3.0 OR we can use the latest version but NO BOTS without major problems, So much for keeping this up to date huh? mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

sorry but there has been very little work on anything at the moment. Between busy lives, heart surgery, recovery from stress/depression, changing my career, and a broken computer with no money to fix it (i.e. i can't program and test on it -- basically I can't even play svencoop on it nevermind make bots for it), very little work will get done. It is up to everyone else since the source code IS available and always has been.
+Quote Post
Ryusho
post Mar 18 2010, 06:58 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,436

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 14 2010, 07:43 AM) *

sorry but there has been very little work on anything at the moment. Between busy lives, heart surgery, recovery from stress/depression, changing my career, and a broken computer with no money to fix it (i.e. i can't program and test on it -- basically I can't even play svencoop on it nevermind make bots for it), very little work will get done. It is up to everyone else since the source code IS available and always has been.

Ahh...I did not know about the Heart Surgery, stress/depression, career change OR broken computer, so I appoligize about most of that then, Though I do wish those that have access to the code and know how to work with it would consider trying to figure it out >.< I would do it myself but I have no clue about programming....
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 23 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #4

Admin

QUOTE(Ryusho @ Mar 18 2010, 07:58 AM) *

Ahh...I did not know about the Heart Surgery, stress/depression, career change OR broken computer, so I appoligize about most of that then, Though I do wish those that have access to the code and know how to work with it would consider trying to figure it out >.< I would do it myself but I have no clue about programming....

#I have some good news that I have got a new laptop now and I can run svencoop (+TF2) very well, I have found the problem but I need the svencoop dev team to help, I have contacted Sniper at the Svencoop forums to help, just waiting....
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 24 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #5

Admin

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 23 2010, 07:13 PM) *

#I have some good news that I have got a new laptop now and I can run svencoop (+TF2) very well, I have found the problem but I need the svencoop dev team to help, I have contacted Sniper at the Svencoop forums to help, just waiting....

although there seem to be crashing.hanging errors which are very very hard to pin down
+Quote Post
BadLife
post Jun 1 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #6

RCBot Fan

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 111

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 24 2010, 09:33 PM) *

although there seem to be crashing.hanging errors which are very very hard to pin down

Any news on this ? biggrin.gif

I looked at the code a while back but did not have any luck although I did get everything to build properly ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jun 2 2010, 02:27 PM
Post #7

Admin

QUOTE(BadLife @ Jun 1 2010, 11:41 PM) *

Any news on this ? biggrin.gif

I looked at the code a while back but did not have any luck although I did get everything to build properly ohmy.gif

Well I contacted Sniper at svencoop forums a while ago, he took a long time to respond and I missed it because it took so long . But I have replied back to him, I'm waiting on a reply on how to fix the problem..
+Quote Post
yikez
post Jul 2 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,853

Hey Cheeseh! My son and I also look forward to using RCBots with Sven Coop 4. Please continue to work to develope a suitable version that supports SC4. Thanks for all your past work and look forward to future projects involving RC+SC4. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
w00tguy123
post Jul 3 2010, 01:49 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,069

I hope Sniper knows what's wrong, I loved playing with bots in 3.0. Btw the community is expecting another update, possibly by the end of the year, which includes another weapon. Just mentioning that because it seems like it would make the bots break again.

I wish I could help on this but I'm just learning C++ and it seems like it can't even be done unless some of the mod developers help. Sniper made a post today so maybe he'll respond to you soon!
+Quote Post
BadLife
post Aug 3 2010, 02:10 AM
Post #10

RCBot Fan

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 111

Did you ever have any more information about this? biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Micke
post Aug 16 2010, 11:07 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,231

I dont know if anyone have seen this one http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread....highlight=rcbot
May be an hint

btw how is it going Cheeseh?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 18 2010, 03:41 AM
Post #12

Admin

QUOTE(Micke @ Aug 16 2010, 11:07 PM) *

I dont know if anyone have seen this one http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread....highlight=rcbot
May be an hint

btw how is it going Cheeseh?

i contacted sniper about this months ago and got no reply, i will need some one part of svencoop developer team to fix the CBaseEntity:Classify function

anyway I am in china now for work so development will be slow for a long time cos internet here is very slow at the moment and limited as u know...
+Quote Post
w00tguy123
post Aug 18 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

I started a thread on the SC forums abut this and Sniper said he just replied. 4.5 is coming out probably before the end of the month so it might be a good idea to wait until then or something, idk how this stuff works though.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 14 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #14

Admin

QUOTE(w00tguy123 @ Aug 18 2010, 07:04 PM) *

I started a thread on the SC forums abut this and Sniper said he just replied. 4.5 is coming out probably before the end of the month so it might be a good idea to wait until then or something, idk how this stuff works though.

hey guys, try...

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/rcbot_mm_SC4.zip

for metamod
+Quote Post
w00tguy123
post Sep 15 2010, 01:51 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

OMG it's working!!!! Thank you for releasing this! The bots seem to be fine with all the new enemies but I haven't seen them fire a new weapon yet. Also, I'm getting seemingly random crashes and haven't been able to complete the three maps I've tried so far (sc_another, bridge2k, svencoop2). I almost think this could be a problem with metamod-p because I've also crashed on some servers running a bunch of plugins ever since 4.5 was released. I guess I can try to find the cause of the crashes easier if I only add a bot or two instead of 10 tongue.gif
+Quote Post
w00tguy123
post Sep 16 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Ok so I found the source of the problem. The game freezes whenever bots use the crowbar, wrench or the barnacle grapple. They are fine if they're just holding it, but once they swing/grapple the game locks up immediately.
+Quote Post
anthony_g4i
post Sep 16 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 1,771

Is it working with Sven Coop 4.5 ?
+Quote Post
w00tguy123
post Sep 16 2010, 08:59 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

^ Yes, and they know how to fire every weapon (idk about the shock rifle, though). The problem is that if they ever use the crowbar, wrench, or barnacle grapple then the game crashes. I hope Cheeseh has time/motivation to fix this! For right now, just make sure the bots don't run out of ammo, or edit the map .cfg files so that you don't spawn with those 3 weapons.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 18 2010, 02:59 AM
Post #19

Admin

QUOTE(w00tguy123 @ Sep 16 2010, 08:59 PM) *

^ Yes, and they know how to fire every weapon (idk about the shock rifle, though). The problem is that if they ever use the crowbar, wrench, or barnacle grapple then the game crashes. I hope Cheeseh has time/motivation to fix this! For right now, just make sure the bots don't run out of ammo, or edit the map .cfg files so that you don't spawn with those 3 weapons.

what;s the error when it crashes ? I still haven't seen it yet, although , I can try to get them to use crowbar to reproduce the error soon. Also the bots aren't 100% fixed atm they also shoot allies. But I'm fixing that now
+Quote Post
w00tguy123
post Sep 19 2010, 01:13 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

I'm not getting any errors... nothing pops up in the console and I don't get a dialog box when it crashes. Is there some kind of crash log that's generated?
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:23 PM