Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCBot2: suggestions
RCBot Forums > RCBot 2 for HL2 > RCbot2
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Emotional
I suggest add function change weapons from the ground. I often seen on the destruction of objects map, when bots change weapons while defuse bomb. But today I saw rocketman with sniper rifle O_o I don't know, how he take Springfield, because I played on dod_dijon, and on this map no destroyable objects. Rcbot version - 0.85.

Screenshot: (you can see specific rocketman's vest)
IPB Image
daunknownman2010
QUOTE(MarD @ May 18 2015, 01:15 AM) *

So... Black Mesa Source could use some bots and waypointing eh? wink.gif

Otherwise? I'd love to see support for Synergy Coop so I could waypoint the crap outta the campaign. tongue.gif

I'd like to see Black Mesa having RCBot support too. The bots do work in Synergy but they seem to have problems attacking and have times where they crash the server.
YuriFR
QUOTE(Emotional @ May 18 2015, 06:10 AM) *

I suggest add function change weapons from the ground.
Rcbot version - 0.85.

Hmm ...! Interesting what happened to you, mr. Emotional...

I'm using the latest version (Rcbot2 v0.96 to Dod:Source), and do not know what happened to me ...: I have noticed that my bots do not perform many actions which, in theory, have been implemented in previous versions. See the list:

- My Rc-bots never use secondary weapons (only excluding the rifle-grenades): such as pistols, knives or trench shovels. In the "hand-to-hand fight", I also never witnessed so far a bot from class "assault" kill the opponent with punches...

- Even standing up and on short distance combat, the machine-gunners insists on using their MG-gun (known to have bad accuracy and very high recoil rates), instead of changing to a more suitable option to this confront situation (eg: the pistol)

- They never change/take/ got a different weapon from the ground (eg: when the ammunition finishes)

- In version 0.96, they don't throw more smoke-grenades against MG-gun (or snipers) positions, as previously done (I remember happened to me in early versions)...
In addition, the bots from "Assault" and "Support" classes do not throw more hand-grenades explosive against opponents...

- In this version 0.96, I'm unable to make MG-bot obey my command to deploy the MG-gun in some fixed position nearby, such as a sand barricade, a window, on the floor etc. (as in the video: "RCBot2 0.79 squad voice commands"). Also: most times, an MG-gun doesn't obey my command to abandon these types of fixed positions

I wonder if all this is due to a lack of any variable (configuration) in the (my) file "config.ini"...

As soon as I notice more "missing behaviors" (Rcbot2 in Dod:S), I will return to post in the forum. It may happen that other users are experiencing the same issues in v0.96...

Thanks, guys! wink.gif

[I using google-translator, sorry for any misunderstanding...]
genmac
Our good friend and bot saviour CHeeseh seems super busy with RL lately (and playing gta 5 hehe) so I've pm him about BMS rcbot support let's hope we'll get some response soon.

@YuriFR...you need to edit your bot profiles to make them play better.
Here is an example of my bot profile...
CODE

visionticks_clients = 4
visionticks = 40
pathticks = 40
braveness = 100
aimskill = 100
sensitivity = 12

so those are all the settings I use on all of my profiles...try tweak yours.
Emotional
- They never change/take/ got a different weapon from the ground (eg: when the ammunition finishes)

I wrote, that this function not work, bots can take weapons only, when they defuse bombs.
In the "hand-to-hand fight", I also never witnessed so far a bot from class "assault" kill the opponent with punches...

I doubled this. But all other functions, that you wrote, working on 0.85.
Navton
Hi! I really like RCbot2, so here is my suggestions:
Bots for TF2 don't attack small, normal and King Skeleton. Make them attack skeletons.
Bots upgrading in Mann vs Machine.
Custom loadout editing.
p.s Im from Russia, so sorry for bad english.
Marios
QUOTE(Navton @ Nov 16 2015, 09:03 PM) *

Hi! I really like RCbot2, so here is my suggestions:
Bots for TF2 don't attack small, normal and King Skeleton. Make them attack skeletons.

Eh, I guess it's possible to set skeletons as enemies - after all they are all tf_zombie entities, if I am not mistaken.

Bots upgrading in Mann vs Machine.

Quite hard to do as of yet, but it's actually possible supposing rcbots can simulate client cmds, but then again, the credits...

Custom loadout editing.

This is one the last things Cheeseh will do, as he will mainly be working on the bots and i don't blame him. You can use other Sourcemod addons like Give Weapon for custom loadouts, although that could perhaps break the AI...
PikaCommando
Any plans for Ricochet support?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.